I．语序问题 1.The photographs will show you ____ . A. what does our village look like B. what our village looks like C. how does our village
look like D. how our village looks like 2.He asked ____ for a violin A. did I pay how much B. I paid how much C. how much did I pay D. how much I paid
1. ____ we can't get seems better than ____ we
have. A.What , what C. That , that
B. What , that D. That , what
2. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey. A．while C．if B．that D．for
3.What the doctors really doubt is _______ my mother will recover from the serious disease soon．
4． made the school proud was more than 90% of the students had been admitted to key universities. A．What…because B．What…that C．That…what D．That…because
有疑问意义。由that 引导且that连词在从句中 不作成分
2.从句是由一般疑问句转化而来，含有疑问意 义的。由whether，if 引导
3.从句是由特殊疑问句转化而来，含有疑问意 义的。由wh-连词引导且 wh-连词在从句中作 成分。连接代词what / who/ which / whose / whatever / whoever / whomever / whichever， 连接副词where / when / why / how / wherever / whenever。
7. If we will have a meeting hasn't been decided yet. Whether we will have a meeting hasn’t been decided yet. 8. It depends on if the weather is suitable for us to do it. It depends on whether the weather is …...
9. The question is if he himself will be present at the meeting. The question is whether he himself will be present …...
10. He asked me if I could go with him or not. He asked me whether I could go with him or not.
①whether和if在宾语从句中可 以互换，但是作介词宾语时连 接词一般用whether。如： It all depends on whether they will come back.
②后面直接跟or not 时用 whether。如： I didn’t know whether or not he had arrived in Wuhan.
③主语从句、表语从句和同位语 从句中只能用whether。如： Whether the meeting will be put off has not been decided yet. The question is whether they have so much money.
We ought to discuss carefully the question whether we can do it or not.
The question of whether they are male or female is not important. I have not decided whether to go or not.
⑥ whether可引导一个让步状语从句表示 “不管”、“无论”，而if不能，但可以 引导一个条件状语从句表示“如果”如：
Whether he comes or not, we will begin our party on time.
If I have time tomorrow, I’ll go to visit Tom.
1. I think that worthwhile that we spent so much money on these books. it 2. That is hard to decide when and where we will held our sports meeting. it 3. Everybody considers it impossible which he wants to finish the job in such a short time. that 4. It doesn’t matter that you will come or not. whether
规律四：主语从句和宾语从句在适当的情况 下可以借助 “it” 而后置。
1.主语从句可以用it （作形式主语） 来替换成以下几种结构表达。 (A)It is clear/certain/likely /true/surprising that… （B）It is a pity/shame /good idea/no wonder that ...
（C）It is said/reported/ believed/known/thought /suggested that … （D）It seems/happens that…
如：It is said that China will win in the World Cup.
2.宾语从句可以用it（作形式宾语） 来替换的句型为： 主语＋谓语＋it＋Adj/N＋从句 如： I think it necessary that we have the meeting．
1. Sarah hopes to become a friend of ____ shares her interests. A. anyone B. whomever C. whoever D. no matter who 2. ____ much advice I gave him, he did exactly what he wanted to do. A. How B. Whatever C. However D. No matter 3. It is generally considered unwise to give a
child ____ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever
规律四：whatever, whichever, whoever,
whenever, wherever, however 等与 no matter what, no matter which, no matter who, no matter when, no matter where, no matter how 的区别:前者既可以引导名词性从句， 也可以引导让步状语从句，而 no matter 加疑问 词只能引导让步状语从句。
He will believe whatever others say. （不能用no matter what代替whatever） Whatever others say, he will believe it. （可以用no matter what代替whatever）
4. We suggested that we would go to the cinema. We suggested that we (should) go to the cinema. 5. My idea is that we must do our homework first. My idea is that we (should) do our homework first. 6. His proposal that we went there on foot is acceptable. His proposal that we (should) go there on foot…...
规律五：注意虚拟语气在名词性从句 中的运用！ (1)虚拟语气在宾语从句中的运用。
①“wish + 宾语从句”表示不能实 现的愿望，译为“要是……就好了” 等。表示现在不能实现的愿望，从句 中的谓语动词用一般过去时；表示将 来不能实现的愿望，从句中的谓语动 词用“would/could + 动词原形”； 表示过去不能实现的愿望，从句中的 谓语动词用“had + 过去分词”
或“could(should) + have + 过 去分词”。如： I wish it were spring all the year round. I wish I had known the answer. I wish I could fly like a bird.
②在表示建议、要求、命令等的动词 suggest、advise、propose、demand、 require、insist request、command、 order等动词后的宾语从句中，从句谓语动 词用(should) + 动词原形或是动词原形。 如： She suggested we (should)leave here at once. The doctor ordered she (should )be operated on.
（2）虚拟语气在同位语从句和表语从句中的运用。 作表示建议、要求、命令等的名词advise、 idea、order、demand、plan、proposal、 suggestion、request等的表语从句和同位语 从句，从句中的谓语动词用“（should） + 动词原形”。如： His suggestion that we (should)go to Shanghai is wonderful. My idea is that they (should)pay 100 dollars.
在主语从句中，谓语动词的虚拟语气用“should + 动词原形”的结构，表示惊奇、不相信、理应 如此等。如：
It is necessary(important, natural, strange, etc.)that we should clean the room every day. It was a pity (a shame, no wonder, etc.)that you should be so careless.
It will be desired(suggested, decided, ordered, requested, proposed, etc.)that she should finish her homework this afternoon.
注意：这种从句表示的是事实。如果说人对 这种事实表现出惊奇的情感，就可用虚拟语 气。反之，如果不表示惊奇等情感，that从 句也可用陈述句语气。如： It is pity that you can’t swim.
1. How the prisoner escaped remains a mystery. 主语 2. I wonder whether/if he is fit for the job. 宾语 3. The problem is who will be equal to the task. 表语 4. He had no idea whether we could overcome the present difficulties or not.
5. I visited the country which/that had been bombed by
the US-led NATO (美国为首的北约) a month before． 6. I shall never forget the years when I lived in the countryside with the farmers, which has a great effect on my life. 7. In the office I never seem to have time until after 5:30 pm., by which time many people have gone home.
8. I had never seen such a good film as I watched last
结论： 名词性从句充当句子的主要成分 （作主语，宾语，表语，同位语），且 无先行词，同位语除外。 定语从句充当句子的修饰成分 （作定语），前面有先行词
that作为关系代词, 可以引导定语从句, 充当句子的主语或宾语成分, 在从句中作宾语时可以省略; that引导同位语从句时, 起连词的作用, 没有实际意义，不充当句子成分, 一般不能省略。 试比较下面两个例句: The suggestion (that) he raised at the meeting is very good.
（that引导定语从句, 作宾语, 可以省略）
The suggestion that the students (should) have plenty of exercise is very good.（that引导同位语从句） I had no idea that you were here.（that引导同位语从句, 不能省略） Have you got the idea (that) this book gives you of life in ancient
（that引导定语从句, 作宾语, 可以省略）
as, 且 when, where 等不能与 in/on/at which 互换。
不会出现在定语从句中的关系词： whether, if, what, how
1. He has done what he can to help me.
--He has done ____ that he can to help me. all ____
2. What I want to say has nothing to do with it. --____ that I want to say has nothing to do All ____ with it.
3. Whoever breaks the law is to be punished. ______ ______ breaks the law is to be punished. Anyone who 4. He will give the dictionary to whoever needs if most. He will give the dictionary to anyone who ______ ____ needs it most. 5. We’ll remember whomever we turned to for help. We’ll remember ______ ________ we turned anyone (whom) to for help.
6. They will do whatever he wants them to
do. They will do anything that ______ ______he wants them to do. 7. I’ll read whichever book you give me. any I’ll read ____ of the books _____ you give that me.
1. 误：I don't know if he comes back this month.
正：I don't know if he will come back this month.
2. 误：I have no idea what had happened when I was away. 正：I have no idea what happened when I was
3.误：The reason is because he is ill. 正：The reason is that he is ill.
4.误：Who leaves last turns off the light. 正：Whoever leaves last turns off the light.
1.I ask her _______ come with me.
A.if she will B. if will she
C. whether will she D. will she
2._______ he said is true.
5.To get the job started, _______ I need is some money.
C. all that
B. all what
D. only that
6.I have no idea _______ far the railway
station is from here. A. what B. how C. it's D. that
3.Can you tell me ________?
A.who is that gentleman
B. that gentleman is who
C. who that gentleman is
D. whom is that gentleman
4.He didn't know which room _______.
A.they lived B. they lived in
C. did they live D. did they live in
7.Can you tell me _______ the railway station? A. how I can get to B. what can I get to C. where I can got to D. where can I get to 8.Do you know _______? A. what is his name B. how is his name C. what his name is D. how his name is 9._______ you have done might do harm to other people. A. That B. What C. Which D. This 10.They have no idea at all ________. A. where he has gone B. where did he go C. which place has he gone D. where has he gone 11.They want to know _________ do to help us. A. what can they B. what they can C. how they can D. how can they 12.These photographs will show you _______. A. what our village looks like B. what does our village look like C. how does our village look like D. how our village looks like
13.Can you make sure ________ the gold ring? A. where Alice had put B. where had Alice put C. where Alice has put D. where has Alice put 14.No one can be sure ________ in a million years. A. what man will look like B. what will man look like C. man will look like D. what look man like 15.________ the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing is not known yet. A. Whenever B. If C. Whether D. That 16.Go and get your coat. It's ________ you left it. A. there B. where C. there where D. where there 17.It worried her a bit _______ her hair was turning gray. A. while B. that C. if D. for 18._______ he said at the meeting astonished everybody present. A. What B. That C. The fact D. The matter
19. — Do you remember ________ he came? — Yes, I do. He came by car. A. how B. when C. that D. if 20._________ we can't get seems better than _________ we have. A. What ; what B. What ; that C. That ; that D. That ; what 21.________ we'll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather. A. If B. Whether C. That D. Where 22.It is generally considered unwise to give a child ________ he or she wants. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever 23. — I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week. — Is that _________ you had a few days off? A. why B. when C. what D. where 24.These wild flowers are so special that I would do ________ I can to save them. A. whatever B. that C. which D. whichever
25.________ you don't like him is none of my business.
26.You can't imagine ________ when they received these nice Christmas presents.
A. how they were excited
C. how excited were they
B. how excited they were
D. they were how excited
27.________ caused the accident is still a complete mystery. A. What B. That C. How D. Where
28.I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella. _________ I got wet through. A. It's the reason C. There's why B. That's why D. It's how
29.It was a matter of ________ would take the position.
30.________ has helped to save the drowning girl is worth praising. A. Who B. The one C. Anyone D. Whoever
31.It was _______ he said _______ disappointed me. A. what ; that B. that ; that
C. what ; what
D. that ; what
32.Eat ________ cake you like and leave the others for ________ comes in late.
A. any ; who
C. whichever ; whoever
B. every ; whoever
D. either ; whoever