山东省淄博市淄川一中 2015——2016 学年度第一次月考
英语试题 注意事项：本试题分为第Ⅰ卷和第Ⅱ卷两部分，满分 120 分，考试时间为 90 分钟。其中第Ⅰ 卷为选择题共 70 分；第Ⅱ卷为非选择题共 50 分。 第Ⅰ卷（共三部分，满 70 分） 第一部分 听力（20 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，
每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一 小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Who wanted to borrow the motorbike ? A. David B. Jane C. Alice
2. What are they discussing? A.Vacation B. visit to Shanghai C.Reading plan 3. What will they do first? A. Look for the key B. Fix (维修) the shelf C. Repair the car
4. Who can’t understand their teacher? A .Bob B. Mary C .Tom
5. What is the man’s suggestion to protect the soil? A. To hold the soil tightly together B. To plant grasses
C. To stop rain water from getting on the soil 第二节 （共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面对话和短文。每段对话和短文后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话和短文前，你都有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话和短文读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Where does the conversation take place? A. In the street B. On the phone C. At the stadium
7. What does the man ask the woman to do ?
A. Give him some information
B. Watch the match C. Take him to the stadium
8. What does the woman think of the stadium? A. It’s difficult to find 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What is the woman ? A. A babysitter（保姆） B. The man’s secretary C. A nurse B. It’s very far C. It will be full
10. When does Mike usually go to bed? A. At 8 o’clock B. At 9 o’clock C. At 10 o’clock
11.Why does the woman ask the man to come back earlier? A. To put Mike to bed earlier B. To ensure her a good rest C. To help her with her exam 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. Why is the woman happy? A. Because she got A B. Because she got her handbag back C. Because she remembered the taxi number 13. Where did the woman go first this morning？ A. To the school B. To a company C. To a shop
14. what is the probable relationship between the two speakers？ A. Classmates B. Brother and sister C. passenger and driver 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. Why does the man hate the bus system in London? A. Because the buses are always crowded B. Because the buses are always late C. Because the bus drivers are unskilled 16. What does the woman say about the subway（地铁）? A. She hates the subway system in London B. Taking the subway is the best way to go anywhere C. She thinks train fares are much more expensive than bus fares
17. How will the man and woman go to the theatre in the end? A. By taxi B. By bus C. By subway
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What’s the cause of the accident? A. Too much traffic on the road B. High speed and wet road C. The engine is out of order 19. Who called the first Aid Center for help? A. A young woman B. The speaker C.A policeman 20. What did the policeman do? A. He took the diver out of his car B. He questioned the writer carefully C. He immediately sent the driver to hospital. 第二部分．阅读理解（共 2 节，满分 30 分，每空 2 分） 第一节阅读下列短文，选出最佳选项（共 10 个小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） A A beautiful and very successful actress was the star for a new musical show. Her home was in the countryside, but she did not want to go back there every night, so she bought an expensive house in the centre of the city, got some beautiful furniture and got a man to paint the rooms in new colours. It was very difficult to get tickets for her show, because everybody wanted to see it. So she decided to give the p ainter two of the best seats. She hoped that this would make him work better for her. He took the tickets without saying anything, and she heard no more abo ut them until the end of the month, when she got the painter’s bill. At the bottom of it wer e these words: “ Four hours watching Miss Hall sing and dance: 3 pounds,” with this note: “ After 5 p.m. I get 15 shillings (先令) an hour instead of 10 shillings.” 21. The a ctress bought a house in the centre of the city because _______. A. she liked to live in the busiest place. B. she didn’t like to live in the country.
C. her home was far away from where she worked. D. she didn’t want to go back to her hometown any longer. 22. In order to make the painter work better for her, the actress ___________. A. gave him two tickets for her show B. sang and danced for him for hours C. paid him 3 pounds D. decided to pay him 15 shillings an hour 23. The actress got the painter’s bill ______. A. to ask for the money of his painting work. B. to ask to pay for his watching her show C. in which he showed his thanks for the tickets D. in which he expressed his dissatisfaction 24. It can be learned from the text that one pound is___________ shillings. A. 10 B. 12 C. 20 D. 15
25. What kind of man was the painter? A. He was a careful man. C. He was not friendly to others. B It was Monday. Mrs. Smith's dog was hungry, but there was not any meat in the house. Considering that there was no better way. Mrs. Smith took a piece of paper, and wrote the following words on it:“Give my dog half a pound of meat.”Then she gave the paper to her dog and said gently:“Take this to the butcher(*person whose job is selling meat). and he's going to give you your lunch today.” Holding the piece of paper in its mouth, the dog ran to the butcher's. It gave the paper to the butcher. The butcher read it carefully, recognized that it was really the lady's handwriting and soon did it as he was asked to. The dog was very happy, and ate the meat up at once At noon, the dog came to the shop again. It gave the butcher a piece of paper again. After reading it，he gave it half a pound of meat once more. B. He was a poor man. D. He knew little about music and dances.
The next day, the dog came again exactly at noon. And as usual, it brought a piece of paper in the mouth. This time, the butcher did not take a look at paper, and gave the dog its meat, for he had regarded the dog as one of his customers (*people who buy sth. from a shop). But, the dog came again at four o'clock. And the same thing happened once again. To the butcher's more surprise, it came for the third time at six o'clock, and brought with it a third piece of paper. The butcher felt a bit puzzled. He said to himself, “This is a small dog. Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today?” Looking at the piece of paper, he found that there were not any words on it! 26. Mrs. Smith treated her little dog quite_________. A. cruelly B. fairly C. kindly D. friendly
27. It seemed that the dog knew well that the paper Mrs. Smith gave it_______. A. might do it much harm C. would help the butcher B. could do it much good D. was worth many pounds
28. The butcher did not give any meat to the dog __________. A. before he felt sure that the words were really written by Mrs Smith B. when he found that the words on the paper were not clear C. because he had sold out all the meat in his shop D. until he was paid enough by Mrs. Smith 29. From its experience, the dog found that ________. A. only the paper with Mrs. Smith's words in it could bring it meat B. the butcher would give the meat to it whenever he saw it C. Mrs. Smith would pay for the meat it got from the butcher D. a piece of paper could bring it half a pound of meat 30. At the end of the story, you'll find that _______. A. the dog was clever enough to write on the paper B. the dog dared not go to the butcher's any more C. the butcher was told not to give any meat to the dog D. the butcher found himself cheated (*act in a way that is not honest)by the clever animal
第二节（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 Smiling is a great way to make yourself stand out while helping your body
to function better. Smile to improve your health, your stress level, and your attractiveness. 31 We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor. We want to know a smiling person and figure out what is so good because anxieties can push people away, but a smile draws them in. Smiling changes our mood Next time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. trick the body into helping you change your mood. Smiling relieves stress Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired or worn down. to take action. Smiling lowers your blood pressure. When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure. Give it a try if you have a blood pressure monitor (血压计) at home. Sit for a few minute s and take a reading. Then smile for a minute and read it again wh ile still smiling. 34 33 The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able 32 Smiling can
Smiling lifts the face and makes you look younger. The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Don't go for a face lift, just try smiling your way through the and feel better. 35 day --- you'll look younger
Try this test: Smile. Now try to think of something negative without losing the smile. It's hard. When we smile, our body is sending the rest of us a message that “Life is good!" A. Smiling helps you stay positive. B. Smiling makes us attractive. C. Do you notice the difference? D. Smiling can bring you luck and sorrow. E. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. F. There's a good chance that your mood will change for the better. G. As long as you try smiling daily, it can make you look younger. 第三部分 英语知识运用 第一节：完形填空（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，选出最佳答案。 Two men, both seriously ill, were in the same hospital room. One man was allowed to 36 up in his bed for an hour each afternoon. His bed was next to the room’s
only window. The other man on the other side of the room had to 37 all his time lying on his back in bed. Every afternoon when the man by the window could sit up he would pass the time by describing to his 38 all the things he could see outside the window. “The window children
overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water 39
sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm among flowers of every color. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine 40 of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.” As the man by the window described all this in detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and 41 the scene.
Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse came only to find the man by the window had died peacefully in his sleep. When the man’s body was 42 , the other
man asked if he could be moved next to the window . The nurse agreed and after making sure he was 43 , she left. Slowly and painfully, the man raised himself trying
to take his first look at the beautiful world outside by himself. But to his surprise , he fo und it faced nothing 44 a blank wall. 45 and could not even see the wall. He just
In fact the man by the window was wanted to encourage his roommate. 36. A. wake 37.A. lose 38. A. doctor 39. A. while 40. A. sign 41. A. think 42. A. put away 43. A. dead 44. A. like 45. A. dead B. sit B. waste B. nurse B. when B. symbol B. imagine B. picked up B. amazing B. but B. deaf 第 II 卷
C. climb C. save C. roommate C. since C. view C. expect C. taken away C. comfortable C. as C. blind
D. stand D. spend D. friend D. though D. mark D. guess D. caught up D. encouraged D. and D. pitiful
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 50 分） 第二节（ 共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（一个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式 Ms shen 46 (want) to help us improve our spelling and handwriting. We do this 47 a fun way, with spelling games and other activities. In her class, she avoids
48 (make) you feel stupid . Her teaching is so well organized and clear _49_ a few students admit 50 (like) her. I like her attitude to the work very much and the behaviour of the other students 51 (show) that they like her ,too. There 52 three 54 ( be)sixty-five students in my class. 53 other words , there are
as many girls as boys .They say that girls are usually more hard-working 55 (be) hard working.
than boys, but in this class, everyone 第三部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节
短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
Did you enjoy yourself yesterday? I suppose you do. But I’d
like to tell you
what a bad day I had yesterday. Nothing just went wrong. On the morning, my alarmclock didn’t ring, since I woke up an hour late. I was in such a hurry that I burnt my hand when I was cooking the breakfast. Then I ran out of the house to catch the 8:30 buses. This is the bus that I usually take. But, you may laugh, I missed it， of course. I very unhappy and scared(害怕的) as well because my teacher hates the
students coming lately to school 。So I ran three mile to school only to discover that nobody was there. The school was quiet but peaceful. Our classroom was I realized that moment: It was Sunday. 第二节.书面表达（满分 25 分） ： 假设你是李华，你的笔友 Sarah 来信询问你对高中新校的印象，请用英语回信，介绍你 对新校的印象，并且介绍你印象最深刻的一位老师，字数（100 词左右） 。信得开头已给出， 不计入总数。 Dear Sarah, Thank you very much for your replying.____________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ locked.
英语试题答案 听力：1-5 CABCB 阅读;21. CABCD 完形：36-40 BDCAC 46，wants 47 in 6-10 BACAB 11-15 BBCBB 26 CBADD 16-20 CBBAB
BCCBC 49,that 50, liking
54, times 55, is 58． On→in 59． since→so 60． 去
56． do→did 掉第一个 the 64．mile__miles 书面表达 Dear Sarah：
57． Nothing→Everything 61．buses→bus 65．but→and
Thank you very much for your replying. My new school is very good and I can see why. Every room has a computer with a special screen, almost as big as a cinema screen. The teacher write on the computer, and their words appear on the screen behind them. The screens also show photographs, text and information from websites. They are brilliant! My new teachers are very enthusiastic, kind and patient. I am impressed with my English teacher. Mr. Wu is already very popular. He is about 30, I think, and is rather good-looking. He talks loudly and fast, and waves his hands about a lot when he gets excited. His method of teaching is nothing like that of the teacher at my Junior High school. He is really amusing and tells jokes when he thinks we’re getting bored. I don’t think I will be bored in his class! Thank you very much! Best Regard yours Li Hua