2015~2016 学年度第一学期 期末试卷 高 一 英 语
客观卷（共 60 分）
I. 阅读理解 (满分 40 分) 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项。 A Tourism wasn’t as impor
tant as it is today. In the past, only people with a good deal of money could travel on holidays to other countries. More people travel today than in the past because there is a growing middle class in many parts of the world; that is to say, people now have more money for travel. Special plane fares for tourists make travel less expensive and more attractive than ever before. One person doesn’t travel for the same reason as another. But most people enjoy seeing countries that are different from their own. They also like to meet new people and to taste new food. Tourism causes many changes in a country and in people’s lives. People build new hotels and restaurants and train native men and women as guides to show visitors interesting places. There’re new nightclubs and other amusements. International tourism is clearly a big business. 1. More people travel today than in the past because______________. A. people have become interested in traveling B. traveling today is easier the in the past C. people now have spare money for travel D. great changes have taken place in the world 2. Which of the following statements is true according to the article? A. Tourism won’t bring any changes in people’s minds. B. With the development of tourism, great changes have taken place in many parts in the world.
C. People have some trouble in making journey. D. Tourism causes only some changes in clothing.
3. What is the best title of the passage? A. The Change of Tourism C. The Importance of Tourism B I woke up late and had breakfast in a hurry. I had never been late and didn’t want my boss to be unsatisfied. However, it seemed that day wasn’t a lucky one for me from the very second I left my flat. The moment I wanted to rush downstairs one of my stiletto heels (细高跟) broke. I had to return to change my red shoes. I also had to change my purse and other little things that I had tried to match with the shoes. I was sure I would be late for work. On my way to work I had to wait for over half an hour because of an accident. I had no choice but to wait. I phoned my boss and he told me that it was no problem, but he needed me for the meeting with the Japanese clients (客户) that morning. Finally, I arrived at the office one hour later. I had to keep calm and be fresh for the meeting to make the clients sure that our plan was the best for their future commercial (商业的) project. However, I left the plan I had made the night before at home and was going to present (介绍) it to the clients. I was about to get angry when I realized that I had a draft (草稿) of it in my office. At last, the presentation came to an end and it turned out to be a success. But I have to say that I had a terrible day, full of incidents (事件). 4. Which of the following is NOT the reason of the writer being late for her work? A. She got up late in the morning. B. She changed her purse and other little things. C. One of her shoe heels broke. D. She had a traffic accident on the way to work. 5. According to the passage, what could we learn about the writer? A. Her boss was very angry with her. B. She left her plan on the bus. B. Tourism D. The Cause of Tourism Change
C. She often arrived at her office on time. meeting.
D. She was nervous at the
6. According to the passage, which is the correct order of the following events? a. She presented the plan to the clients. b. One of her stiletto heels broke. c. She arrived at the office. d. She phoned her boss. e. She tried to match her purse with her red shoes. A. beacd B. bedca C. dceab D. edcba
7. Which old saying could be used to describe the writer’s incidents? A. Failure is the mother of success. B. A good beginning makes a good ending. C. Where there is a will, there is a way. D. One trouble never comes alone. C Are you sometimes a little tired and sleepy in the early afternoon? Many people feel this way after lunch. They may think that eating lunch is the cause of the sleepiness. Or, in summer, they may think it is the heat. However, the real reason lies inside their bodies. At that time—about eight hours after you wake up—your body temperature goes down. This is what makes you slow down and feel sleepy. Scientists have tested sleep habits in experiments where there was no night or day. The people in these experiments almost always followed a similar sleeping pattern. They slept for one long period and then for one short period about eight hours later. In many parts of the world, people take naps(小睡；打盹) in the middle of the day. This is especially true in warmer climates, where the heat makes work difficult in the early afternoon. Researchers are now saying that naps are good for everyone in any climate. A daily nap gives one a more rested body and mind and therefore is good for health in general. In countries where naps are traditional, people often suffer less from problems such as heart disease. Many working people, unfortunately, have no time to take naps. Though doctors may advise taking naps, employers do not
allow it! If you do have the chance, however, here are a few tips about making the most of your nap. Remember that the best time to take a nap is about eight hours after you get up. A short sleep too late in the day may only make you feel more tired and sleepy afterward. This can also happen if you sleep for too long. If you do not have enough time, try a short nap—even ten minutes of sleep can be helpful． 8. Why do you sometimes feel sleepy in the early afternoon? A. Because you eat too much for lunch． B. Because it’s hot in summer． C. Because your body temperature goes down at that time． D. Because you didn’t have a good sleep last night． 9. What can we learn about “naps” according to the last paragraph? A. All the people in warmer climates take naps in the middle of the day． B. Doctors need to take naps while employers don’t． C. If you take naps everyday, you’11 never suffer from heart disease． D. Taking naps regularly is beneficial to people’s health． 10. What can we infer from the passage? A. You’ll feel sleepy at regular intervals（间隔）. B. Taking a nap whenever you want will do good to your health. C. You will feel less sleepy if you sleep for a long time. D. If you get up at 6:30 am, you’d better take a nap at about 1:30 pm. 11. What would be the best title for the text? A. Just for a Rest C. A Special Sleep Pattern B. All for a Nap D. Taking Naps in Warmer Climate D One of Britain’s bravest women told yesterday how she helped to catch suspected (可疑的) police killer David Bieber—and was thanked with flowers by the police. It was also said that she could be in line for a share of up to $30,000 reward money. Vicki Brown, 30, played a very important role in ending the nationwide manhunt. Vicki, who has worked at the Royal Hotel for four years, told of her terrible experience when she had to steal into Bieber’s bedroom and to watch him secretly. Then she waited
alone for three hours while armed police prepared to storm the building. She said, “I was very nervous. But when I opened the hotel door and saw 20 armed policemen lined up in the car park, I was so glad they were there.” The alarm had been raised because Vicki became suspicious (怀疑) of the guest who checked in at 3 p.m. the day before New Year’s Eve with little luggage and wearing sunglasses and a hat pulled down over his face. She said, “He didn’t seem to want to talk too much or make any eye contact.” Vicki, the only employee on duty, called her bosses Margaret, 64, and her husband Stall McKale, 65, who phoned the police at 11 p.m. Officers from Northumbria Police called Vicki at the hotel in Dunston, Gateshead, at about 11:30 p.m. to make sure that this was the wanted man. Then they kept in touch by phoning Vicki every 15 minutes. “It was about ten past two in the morning when the phone went again and a policeman said ‘Would you go and make yourself known to the armed officers outside?’ My heart missed a beat.” Vicki quietly showed eight armed officers through passages and staircases to the top floor room and handed over the key. “I realized that my bedroom window overlooks that pair of the hotel, so I went to watch. I could not see into the man’s room, but I could see the passage (走廊). The police kept shouting at the man to come out with his hands showing. Then suddenly he must have come out because they shouted for him to lie down while he was handcuffed (带手铐).” 12. The underlined phrase “be in line for” in the first paragraph means __________. A. get . B. be paid C. ask for D. own .
13. Vicki became suspicious of David Bieber because _________. A. the police called her B. he looked very strange C. he came to the hotel with little luggage D. he came to the hotel the day before New Year’s Eve
14. David Bieber was most probably handcuffed in _________. A. the passage room B. the man’s room C. Vicki’s bedroom
. D. the top floor
15. The whole event probably lasted about ________hours from the moment Bieber came to the hotel to the arrival of some armed officers. A. 6 B. 8 C. 11 D. 14
第二节 (共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分) 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选 项。 How to Love Your Parents Even if you think that your parents are mean-spirited(小心眼的) at times, loving your parents is a normal and fulfilling part of life. You love them for the fact that they created you, raised you, and are in part, a source of who you are. 16 .
Tell them you love them every morning. A gentle "good morning" and "I love you" will warm a coldest heart. Remember that they brought you into this world. Without your parents, we might still wander at an unknown corner in an unknown world． Respect them more and cherish(珍惜) these moments. You can use these moments to learn from them, preparing yourself for when you're off on your own. It's OK to get angry but angry actions don't help you or your parents. Act calmly, cool off, write down your feelings, or talk to a friend. 17 .
Obey their requests. It will make your attitude better and earn you more respect from them．It may seem as if you are going through hell(吃苦受罪) when you don't get what you want or you have to clean. However, you had better remember they keep a roof over your head when it's cold, raining, snowing, or too hot. Understand that parents are human beings and make mistakes. not forgive your parents? Keep them company. Do things with your parents like watching TV, or go somewhere with them. 19 Listen to their old stories and learn from them. You will find 18 .Since you can forgive your friends, why
they are your teachers in this way or another． Some people simply may not be able to love their parents． 20 Seek help if
you are being abused（虐待）in anyway. Parents do not have a right to harm you． A. Parents will in turn express their love to you． B. Forgiveness is the key． C. Here are some ways to love your parents． D. There can be realistic reasons for this, family violence for example． E. Anyway, spend as much time with them as you can． F. After this, share your feelings with your parents． G. Please remember parents are as important as friends． II．完形填空（共 20 题；每小题 1 分, 满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 When we talk about a bad man, we like to call him a “wolf”. But is it really true that the wolf stands for devil（恶魔）and ugliness? Have you read the book The
Wolf Totem （图腾） by a famous writer Jiang Rong, which tells the story of the
relationship between wolves and human beings? Have you ever world? If you had, you would 22 the wolves. 23 21 the wolves’
In the book, wolves are heroes on the large grassland. They know more about
than humans. They can attack lambs without disturbing their mothers. They also know how to 24 full use of the shape of land to 26 25 sheep. I believe that if wolves
were humans, they would be
experts good at fighting. The wolf is a kind of 27 . Each wolf serves its group
special creature that can deeply understand with its heart and soul. A 29 28
wolf has little power, but a pack(群) of wolves 30 they are defeated, they run away
nothing. All the wolves obey the rules. 31
together. It is their teamwork
makes wolves powerful. 32 to anyone. The writer,
The wolves also have great self-respect and won’t who wrote the book The Wolf Totem, it very carefully. To his with the 36 33
stole a one-month-old baby wolf and raised
34 , he found the little wolf still wanted to go back
35 wolves. He bit through the iron chain that limited him. The wolf was 37 . The little wolf died as a
and he never gave in, fighting to his
I was shocked by this kind of
: wolves are one of the most respected 39 way. They are our
creatures on earth. I want everyone to look at wolves in a teachers. They show us how to survive and 40
in this not simple and dangerous
world. Please honor the wolves, please honor all these heroes of nature! 21. A. hunt for 22. A. doubt 23. A. space 24. A. get 25. A. fight 26. A. special 27. A. operation 28. A. single 29. A. fight 30. A. As for 31. A. what 32. A. turn in 33. A. once 34. A. satisfaction 35. A. rest 36. A. proud 37. A. death 38. A. self-control self-protection 39. A. curious 40. A. walk B. different B. hand 第 II 卷 C. strange C. get 客观卷（共 40 分） D. humorous D. succeed B. looked into B. admire B. spot B. take B. avoid B. imaginative B. teamwork B. brave B. struggle B. As though B. which B. give in B. just C. talked about C. draw C. food C. have C. trap C. outstanding C. lifestyle C. lonely C. fear C. Even so C. that C. take in C. soon C. pleasure C. another C. willing C. happiness D. fail D. Even if D. one D. break in D. only D. sorrow D. other D. eager D. way D. D. cared for D. watch D. survival D. make D. discover D. creative D. control D. fair
B. disappointment B. others B. satisfied B. life
B. self-confidence C. self-respect
III. 语法填空（每空 1.5 分；共 15 分） 在句中空白处填入适当的内容或用括号内单词的正确形式(不多于 3 个单词)。 41. The boy found himself in a situation ____________ it was hard to make a choice,
so he asked his parents for advice. 42. The judge only cares about whether the eyewitness has given true information, __________ must be facts rather than opinions. 43. He told us whether ____________ (have) a picnic was still under discussion. 44. First as a PC (personal computer) and then as a laptop, I __________ (use) in offices and homes since the 1970s. 45. ____________ time passing by, you will get used to the life here and have your understanding of life. 46. I lived in ___________ you call “Ancient Greece” and I used to write about the Olympic Games a long time ago. 47. The concert was ____________ successful that she became famous overnight. 48. Only athletes who have reached the ________ (agree) standard for their event will be admitted as competitors. 49. The 2016 Summer Olympic Games _____________ (hold) in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. 50. Sadly, although the Amber Room was considered one of the wonders of the world, it is now ______________ (miss). IV. 单句改错：(共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 下面每句都有一处语言错误，且错误只涉及一个单词的增加、删除和修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均限一词,并按照上述要求修改，否则不予记分。 51. Later, Catherine II had the Amber Room moved to a palace outside St Petersburg which she spent her summers. 52. Over time my memory has developed so much that, like an elephant, I never forget anything I have told. 53. One of Feng Jicai’s biggest projects were to protect the oldest street in Tianjin. 54. Atlanta was a Greek princess. She was very beautiful and could run faster than any other man in Greece. 55. It is in the Summer Olympic Games which you have the running races, together with swimming, sailing and all the team sports.
56. Both the Winter and the Summer Olympics are held every four years in a regular basis. 57. Instead Feng Jicai goes out and does what he can himself. If others follow him, so much better. 58. There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for Konigsburg, that was at that time a German city on the Baltic Sea. 59. I felt bad for the first time I talked to a group. 60. The sun rose highly in the sky and it got hotter and hotter. V. 完成句子（共 15 分，根据汉语提示完成下面句子，每空一词，一空 1 分） 61. 看法就是人们相信是真实的但是未经证实的东西。 An opinion is ____________ _______________ ________________ is true but has not been proved. 62. 希波墨涅斯在比赛期间把金苹果一个接一个地扔出去。 Hippomenes threw the golden apples __________ _____________ __________during the race. 63. 然而，下一位普鲁士国王，腓特烈﹒威廉一世，这个琥珀屋的主人却决定不要它了。 However, the next king of Prussia, Frederick William I, __________ ___________ the amber room ____________, decided not to keep it. 64. 你知道为什么英语在国际事务中起如此重要的作用吗？ Do you know why English __________ ____________ important a ___________ in the international business? 65. 以其人之道还治其人之身。 __________ ___________ a man _________ he deals with you.
2015-2016-1 期末 高一英语 答案
I. 1-3 CBA
12-15ABAC 16-20 CFBED
II. 21-25 BBDDC III. 41. where 46. what
26-30 CBACD 31-35CBABD 35-40AACBD 42. which 47. so 43. to have 48. agreed 52. told 前加 been 56. in 变 on 60. highly 变 high 62. one, after, another 63. to ,whom, 44. have been used 45. With 49. will be held 53. were 变 was 50. missing 54. 去掉 other
IV. 51. which 变 where 55. which 变 that 59. 去掉 for
57. better 前加 the 58. that 变 which
V. 61. what, someone, believes belonged 64. plays , so , role