东阳中学 2015-2016 学年高一上学期期中考试英语试卷 命题：卢朝阳 审题：何华珍
第Ⅰ卷(选择题部分,共 110 分） 一、听力（每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 第一节 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读
下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What time is it now? A. 7:00 2. What is the man probably? A. A repairman. B. A fireman. C. A neighbor. B. 7:30 C. 8:00
3. What is wrong with the speakers? A. They lose their way. their map. 4. What was the weather like? A. Windy and rainy. B. Windy and snowy. C. Windy and cloudy. B. They took the wrong bus. C. They can’t find
5. What might be the matter with the man on the ground? A. He has a bad cold. trouble. 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三 个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各 个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料， 回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Where did the robbery(抢劫) happen? A. On a bus. station. 7. What did the woman do when the robber took her handbag? A. She called the police. B. She held her handbag. B. At a bus stop. C. Near the police B. He has a headache. C. He has heart
C. She grabbed the robber’s knife. 8. What happened in the end? A. The robber ran for his life. B. The woman was sent to hospital. C. The robbe r was taken to the police station. 听第 7 段材料， 回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What does the man think of the dinner party? A. Bad. B. Very good. C. Just so-so
10. What do we know about the boss? A. He’s impolite. B. He’s funny. C. He’s kind-hearted.
11. What does the woman mean by her last words? A. The man shouldn’t invite such a man to his dinner party. B. The boss should say sorry to the couple. C. The man should let the boss leave earlier. 听第 8 段材料， 回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. Where is the woman? A. In a restaurant. B. In a raido studio. C. In a classroom.
13. How many problems does the boy have? A. Three. B. Four. C. Five.
14. What will the woman do in the next part? A. Comfort the boy. B. Introduce some friends to the boy.
C. Give some advice on how to make friends. 听第 9 段材料， 回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. How long has the woman lived there? A. 16 years. B. 11 years. C. 5 years.
16. What does the woman complain about? A. Her neighbors’ children. C. Traffic conditions. 17. Why isn’t the woman satisfied with her living conditions? A. The flat is too old. B. The flat is overcrowded. C. The flat is t oo B. Noise and air pollution.
dirty. 听第 10 段材料， 回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. When did the traffic accident take place? A. At 7:30. B. At 8:00. C. At 8:30.
19. Where did the fire break out? A. In a store. B. In a car company. C. In the No.2 Hospital.
20. What can we learn from the news? A. The two injured are out of danger. hours. C. The burned are in hospital. 二．单项填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分， 满分 20 分）从 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可 以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。 21. Hurry! The train ________. You know it________ at 8:30am. A. leaves; leaves is leaving 22. My sister is really a_ _______ girl. Once she has made up her mind, nothing can change it. A. clever B. stubborn C. brave D. familiar B. is leaving; leaves C. leaves; is leavingD. is leaving; B. The fire lasted about 3
23. ---Do you know the town at all? ---No, this is the first time I _________ here. A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
24. --- I really thought I’d passed the driving test. A. you are wrong agree with you 25. It was________ back home after the experiment. A. not until midnight did he go C. not until midnight that he went B. better luck next time
--- Oh, well,________, Bill. C. best wishes D. I
B. until midnight that he didn’t go D. until midnight when he didn’t go
26. As I know, there is________ car in this neighborhood. So when you told me that I didn’t believe it at all. A. no such B. no a C. not such D. no such a
27. Recently quite a lot of experts________ that another law on wildlife
protection_________ as soon as possible. A. suggested; must be passed C. were suggesting; was passed B. have suggested; be passed D. suggested; being passed
28. Jack hasn’t been seen for days and there is a growing ________ for his safety. A. power B. item C. concern D. series
29. We have planted flowers and green trees around the blocks of buildings, which _____ beauty to the whole city. A. add to B. add up to C. add up D. add
30 The result of the examination shows________. A. what great progress you have made B. why did you make such progress C. such great progress you will make D. that you had made good progress
31. Mother will wait for him to have dinner together, no matter________. A. how late is he B. how late he is C. how is he late D. how he is late
32. It is so nice to hear from her. ________, we last met more than thirty years ago. A. What’s more not 33. --- How can I repair it? A. directions --- Well, look at the________. D. introductions B. That is to say C. In other words D. Believe it or
B. explanations C. expressions
34. The chairman thought_______ necessary to invite Professor Smith to speak at the meeting. A. that B. it C. this D. him
35. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but he hung up________ I could answer the phone. A. as B. since C. until D. before
36. The mother, along with her two children,_____ from the sinking aircraft by a passing ship. A. have rescued rescued 37. At the meeting, the professor________ some good advice and all the people present agreed with him. B. have been rescued C. has rescued D. has been
A. set up
B. added up
C. came up with D. communicated with
38. The small village_____ we visited last week is the one______ the famous writer was born. A. where; which B. which; where C. in which; that D. where; where
39. He doesn’t have________ number of friends, but________ few friends he has are all very kind and helpful. A. a; a B. the; a C. a; the D. the; the
40. --- We’d like you to start work tomorrow if possible. --- I’m sorry, but I can’t possibly start until Monday.________? A. Do you agree with me C. Will that be all right B. Is that a good idea D. Do you think I’m right
三．完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） As I look back on it now, I realize it was kind of silly of me to be so worried when he was really just late. I like and 42 41 every night for Daddy whom I tried to dress
around everywhere. 43 place by the door, waiting for his 44 from
That day, I stood at my work.
After standing there for a while, I began to the kitchen to Mummy.
where Daddy was. I ran into
“When is Daddy coming?” I asked thoughtfully because I 46 a business trip. 48 she was busy
didn’t want to find out he was “ 47
，honey,” Mummy replied distractedly(心不在焉的)
preparing the dinner. I ran back to the standing there 50 49 , for I knew that Daddy was coming and that I wasn’t
. I began to recite the words from my favorite books. 51 I could 52 ,
Tired of that, I went back to the kitchen to ask Mummy again but
open my mouth, she handed me a My little Pony coloring book. She said, “I’m Daniel. Go 53
a pretty picture and I’ll hang it on the refrigerator(冰箱).”
I went back to the door, put my book and crayons down, then went to get my mini-rocking chair to sit in. After a while, the 54 became a pink-and-purple
artistic wonder. Soon I smiled with relief as I heard the sound of the garage door Daddy’s car driving in. I heard him car door. The I stood up and you.” As I sit at the computer finishing this story, I know Daddy will be home soon. I still 60 when he’s late. I still go to greet him when he arrives. And I still 57 59 56 55 and
the engine(引擎) and open and close his 58 stood Daddy.
thing I knew was that the door opened and
my arms out. I hugged him tightly and said softly, “I love
tell him I love him. 41. A. worried 42. A. played 43. A. own 44. A. return 45. A. think 46. A. for 47. A. Quick 48. A. as 49. A. garage 50. A. for nothing 51. A. when 52. A. tired 53. A. color 54. A. book 55. A. closing 56. A. turn off 57. A. first 58. A. up 59. A. took 60. A. mind B. waited B. slept B. usual B. back B. understand B. on B. Soon B. that B. yard B. for fun B. until B. sick B. make B. picture B. shaking B. turn on B. following B. here B. picked B. wonder C. cared C. looked C. favorite C. arrival C. wonder C. in C. Fast C. if C. room C. for good C. unless C. busy C. draw C. refrigerator C. opening C. turn down C. next C. around C. reached C. excite D. made D. worry D. watched D. followed D. ordinary D. come D. search D. by D. Later D. and D. door D. for ever D. before D. hungry D. paint D. chair D. shutting D. turn up D. last D. there
四．阅读理解（共 20 小题。每小题 2 分， 满分 40 分）阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选
项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。 A Soon computers and other machines will be able to remember you by looking at your eyes! The programme works because everyone’s eyes are different. So in the future you won’t have to remember a number when you want to use a machine or take money out of a bank. You will just have to look at the machine and it will be able to tell who you are. The eye-recognition programme is already being tested in shops and banks in the USA, Britain, Spain, Italy, and Turkey. Soon, this technology will take the place of all other ways of finding out who people are. However, scientists are working on other systems. Machines will soon be able to know you from the shape of your face or hand or even your smell! We already have machines that can tell who you are from your voice or the mark made by your finger. Eye-recognition is better than other kinds because your eyes don’t change as you get older, or get dirty like hands or fingers. And even twins have different eyes, so the programme can be up to 94% correct, depending on how good the technology is. Some programmes may only be right 51% of the time. In Britain, it was found that 91% of people who had tried it said they liked the idea of eye –recognition. 61. What will the programme for remembering eyes be used for? A. Banks and computers C. Guns and computers B. Banks and shops D. Guns and shops
62. How does the eye-recognition programme work? A. You look at the machine and type a number. B. You need to speak and then look. C. You look at the machine. D. The machine looks at you. 63. Which recognition programme is already in use? A. Remembering eyes and smell C. Remembering faces and voices. B. Remembering fingers and voices D. Remembering hands and faces.
64. What problems could there be with the eye –recognition programme?
A. Some eyes are the same. C. It is not always correct.
B. Eyes can change D. Eyes can get dirty.
65. What’s the advantage of using recognition programme when you want to use a machine or take money out of a bank? A. You needn’t remember a number. C. You don’t need to speak. B China news, Beijing, July．29 – Housing price in China has always aroused heated discussions among property developers（房地产开发商） and ordinary Chinese．To many property developers and local government officials, housing price in China is still low compared with many developed countries．However, the average housing price in the United States is only 8,000 yuan per square meter, while in China, it is even higher than in the United States．This shows that there are some bubbles in Chinese real estate (房地产)market, the International Finance News reported． Although the average price of residential houses in the United States, after converted to Renminbi, is about 8,000 yuan per square meter, the houses in US are not sold in terms of building area, as most Chinese property developers do when they sell their houses ． If US property developers sell their houses according to the building area, then the housing price will be even lower than 8,000 yuan per square meter．In most big Chinese cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen, houses are sold at a price even higher than those in the US． The high housing sales price in large cities in China proves that Chinese real estate market does have some bubbles．Moreover, Chinese houses can not be compared with houses in US in terms of building quality, environment and supporting facilities．Furthermore, it should be noted that American people’s average income is several dozen times higher than that of Chinese people．How can the Chinese afford to buy a house which is even more expensive than that sold in US? At the beginning of 2007, Chinese government issued a set of policies that aimed to benefit the public．Now in order to reduce the high housing prices, the government can regulate the real estate market by raising tax on property industry and controlling B. You needn’t take money with you. D. People think they are interesting.
the release of loans and lands to property developers．At the same time, the government should allow people to build more houses t hrough various fund-raising channels, such as funds collected from buyers or raised by working units．By applying these multiple means, it is expected that the high housing prices can be lowered． 66．What is the average housing price per square meter in China? A．8000 yuan． C．7000 yuan． B．10000 yuan． D．It’s not mentioned here．
67．Which of the following does NOT support the idea that the average housing price in China is even higher than in the United States? A．Chinese houses can not be compared with houses in US in terms of building quality, environment and supporting facilities． B．American people’s average income is several dozen times higher than that of Chinese people． C．The houses in US are not sold in terms of building area, as most Chinese property developers do when they sell their houses． D．The population who need houses in China is larger than in the United States． 68．How many measures are mentioned in the last paragraph in order to reduce the high housing prices? A．Four． B．Three． C．Two． D．One．
69．What is the main idea of this passage? A．The housing price in China is so high that the government should do something useful to prevent it． B．There are some bubbles in Chinese real estate market． C．The average housing price in China is even higher than in the United States． D．Chinese government issued a set of policies that aimed to benefit the public． 70. What does the word “bubbles” mean in the first paragraph ? A. 沸腾 B. 泡沫 C. 流动 C Each year there is an increasing number of cars on roads and streets as millions of new cars and trucks are produced. One out of every six Americans works at putting D. 感情
together the parts of cars, driving trucks, building roads or filling cars and trucks with gas. Americans won’t live without cars! Most Americans would find it hard to think what life would look like without cars. However, some have realized the serious problems of the air pollution that is caused by the car. The polluted air becomes poisonous and dangerous to health. One way to get rid of the polluted air is to build a car that does not pollute. That’s what several of the large car factories have been trying to do. But to build a clean car is easier said than done. Progress in this field has been slow. Another way is to take the place of the car engine by something else. Inventors are now working on steam cars as well as electric cars. Many makers believe that it will take years to develop a practical model that pleases man. To prevent the world from being polluted by cars, we’ll have to make some changes in the way many of us live. Americans, for example, have to cut down on the number of their total cars. They are encouraged to travel and go to work by bicycle. Bicycling is thought to help keep the air clean. But this change does not come easily. A large number of workers may find themselves without jobs if a car factory closes down. Thus the problem of air pollution would become less important than that of unemployment. Although cars have led us to a better life, they have also brought us new problems. 71. How many ways to get rid of air pollution are suggested in this article by the writer? A. One B. Two C. Three D. Four
72. Large car factories are trying to build a clean car, ___________. A. which is clean itself C. which does not pollute the air B. which is used to clean streets D. which is easier to make
73. If the number of cars is cut down, the most serious problem to American workers is __________. A. to have no work to do C. to get a better life B. to keep the air clean D. to go to work by bike
74. What is the conclusion of the writer?
A. Bicycling is the only way out. B. The number of cars must be cut down. C. Cars bring us nothing but serious problems. D. Cars bring us not only a better life but serious problems. 75. To prevent the world from being polluted by cars, we’ll have to make some changes in the way many of us live, except that_________. A. Americans, for example, have to cut down on the number of their total cars. B. People are encouraged to travel and go to work by bicycle. C. The number of cars on the roads should be limited every day. D. People should build more roads and fill cars and trucks with gas. D Trip 1 Black Bear Count There have been fires in this area in the last few years and the Office of the National Park is not sure how many black bears are still living. Some bears have been seen since the fires, and the Office has asked for young people to help count them. The entire trip will last three hours. Booking is necessary. Cost: Free When: May 8
Bring your drink and lunch for this walk in a beautiful area of the Blue Mountains. Garland Valley is close to the town of Garland but is part of the National Park. Many wild animals live in this area, including many rare birds. This is a great walk for bird-lovers. The trip lasts four hours. Bookings necessary. Cost: $ 15 When: May 8, May 15
Put on your warm clothes, bring a flashlight and a pair of glasses, and come for a night walk along the Dungog Valley. A guide will lead the tour. Many of the animals you will see on this trip can only be seen at night. The guide will tell you about the lives of the animals you see. Numbers are strictly limited on night trips,
so be sure to book early. This walk lasts two and a half hours. Cost: $ 12 When: May 8, May 15, May22
Equipment to be needed: ? Please bring enough water and food for all walks. ? Wear good walking shoes—no high heels. ? Wear a hat for day walks. ? Dress warmly for night walks. ? Children must be with an adult. ? Make sure your flashlight works well and bring extra batteries for night walks. ? Follow all instructions from guides during the walks. The mountains are a dangerous place. Bookings: ? Bookings for the above trips can be traded by telephone (893 — 4847) or on the Internet at www. Bluemountaintour. com 76. Where are these trips? A. In a large city. C. In a special kind of zoo. 77. On which trip(s) had you better wear a hat? A. Trip 1 B. Trip 2 C. Trip 1&2 D. Trip 3 B. In a park in the mountains. D. In three different countries.
78. On which trip might you see animals that sleep during the day? A. Black Bear Count. C. Flashlight Adventure. B. Garland Valley. D. None of the trips.
79. Which of the following is not necessary for the three trips? A. Good walking shoes. C. Food and water. 80. What is the best title for the passage? A. Adventure Travel in America B. Hunting around the Great Mountains C. Interesting Trips in the East of the USA B. A pair of glasses. D. A sleeping-bag.
D. Discovery Trips in the Blue Mountains
第Ⅱ卷(非选择题部分,共 40 分） 五、单词填空（每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Last summer holiday I went back to my university for a get-together with my old classmates. After g____81____ from university for 20 years, we could still r_____82_____ most of the classmates at first sight. A____83_____, we have been keeping in touch with each other in the form of QQ or Wechat. Our monitor, Bob, now runs a travel company and his business is really big, and we offered
____84_____(cong ratulate) to him on his success. However, Tom looked very upset. J____85____ from the look on his face, we guessed something terrible must have happened to him. Finally he told us that a big flood struck his hometown last month and almost everything was d___86____. He was so c___87_____ about his parents that he suffered a lot. Later we p___88_____ him to calm down and try to have a positive a___89____ toward the future life. We do hope Tom will r__90____ from the sadness of the disaster soon.
六．书面表达（30 分） 假如你叫王雷，你和你的同学组织了一场讨论。讨论的主题是：学生上学是否可以带 手机。请你根据下面提供的信息，给《双语学生报》写一封信，介绍你们讨论的结果以及 你个人的看法。 看法原因: 应该带: 1．需要时可以立即拨打，方便。 2．可以用作字典和计算器。 3．休息时有的手机还可以用来听广播甚至看电影。
不该带: 1．打太多电话，浪费时间和金钱。 2．电话铃声也吵人。 3．学生通过手机上网，读、看一些不健康的东西。
Dear editor, I’m writing to tell you about the different opinions on whether students should bring their mobile phones to school.
东阳中学 2015-2016 学年高一上学期期中考试英语试卷 答案 听力： 1ABACC 6BCCBA 11CBBCA 16BBAAB
单选 21BBBBC 26ABCDA 31BDABD 36DCBCC 完形：41BDBAC 46BBADA 51DCABC 56ACDCD
阅读：61BCBCA 66DDBAB 71CCADD 76BCCDD 单 词 ： graduating recognize Actually congratulations Judging destroyed concerned persuaded attitude recover
书面表达： V. One possible version: Dear editor, I’m writing to tell you about the different opinions on whether students should bring their mobile phones to school. Some people think students should bring their phones to school. For one thing, they can make a call whenever necessary. Fro example, when an accidents happens. For another, many phones now can be used as a dictionary and a calculator, so they will be helpful to the students. Still another, after class students can listen to the radio or even see films through the phone to relax themselves. But others have different opinions. They say students often make too many calls, which is a waste of money and time. The rings of the phones are sometimes noisy, too. If their phones can log on to the Internet, they may read and see something unsuitable for teenagers. Every coin has two sides. In my opinion the problem is not whether or not to bring a mobile phone to school but how to make proper use of it. If a student can use a mobile phone wisely, he can certainly bring it anywhere as he likes. Yours, Wang Lei