本试卷包括七个大题，共 10 页，总分 150 分，考试时量 120 分钟
本次考试试卷由长郡中学命题 明德中学审题 考试时间：2015-7-30 15:30—17:3
注意事项： 1. 答题前，请考生先将自己的姓名、准考证号填写清楚，并认真核对条形码上的 姓名、准考证号、考室和座位号； 2. 必须在答题卡上答题，在草稿纸、试题卷上答题无效； 3. 答题时，请考生注意各大题题号后面的答题提示； 4. 请勿折叠答题卡，保持字体工整、笔记清晰、卡面清洁； 5. 答题卡上不准使用涂改液涂改。
参考学校 长沙市一中 明德中学
Ⅰ 听力技能（每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
Section A （22.5 marks）
Directions： In this section, you’ll hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question. You will hear the short passage TWICE. Conversation 1 1. When will the party be held？ A. On May 2nd. B. On May 3rd. C. On May 4th. 2. What will take place at the party？ A. Some speeches. B. A dance. C. A contest. Conversation 2 3. Who shot Abraham Lincoln? A. A player at the theatre. B. A slave owner from the South. C. A young man of 25. 4. When did Lincoln die? A. On the morning of April 15, 1865. B. On the night of April 15, 1865. C. On the evening of April 14, 1865. Conversation 3 5. When will the man leave? A. On Monday. B. On Tuesday. C. On Sunday. 6. Who told the man the news? A. His sister. B. His father. C. His mother. Conversation 4 7. What are the man and the woman? A. Director and actress. B. Manager and Secretary. C. Interviewer and interviewee. 8. Where should the woman go for a job? A. The Grand Hotel. B. The Grand Theatre. C. The Dancing centre. 9. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The woman changed her present job. B. The woman made a mistake. C. The man is satisfactory with the woman. Conversation 5 10. What will the two speakers do during the Spring Festival？ A. Go to the woman’s hometown. B. Stay at home. C. Go to the man’s hometown. 11. Why won’t the two speakers buy toys for Alice？ A. She hates toys. B. She is too old for toys. C. She likes books.
12. What will the two speakers buy for Dela？ A. Some CDs. B. A book. C. A toy spacesuit. Conversation 6 13. What is Peter Wales going to do? A. Come to visit the man. B. Telephone the man next weekend. C. Plan a get-together with some college friends. 14. Where does Peter Wales live now? A. On a farm. B. In the college. C. In Florida. 15. What will the man probably do after reading the letter? A. Call Peter and invite him to his house. B. Write a Thank-you letter to Peter. C. Call Peter and tell him he is coming. SECTION B（7.5 marks） Directions: in this section, you will hear a mini-talk. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you’ve got. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS. You will hear the mini-talk TWICE. Doing Exercise and keeping fit The importance of exercise A 16. can lead to many health problems， such as heart disease， 17. Stay 18. How to prevent illness ： playing sports， gardening, doing housework
Ways of doing exercise
Choose a proper form: One that you enjoy and you can 19. Exercise in the right way: Start exercising slowly and increase the amount of exercise 20. .
Ⅱ 语法单选（每小题 1 分，共 15 分）
从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. Do you think it is______ great honor for Rio de Janeiro in Brazil to hold______2016 Olympic Games? A. the ; the B. a ; an C. / ; / D. a ; the 22. You will not be ________ to the theatre after the performance has started. A. admitted B. deserved C. belonged D. removed 23. — We heard that he had gone abroad. —________. A. So did he B. So he did C. He did, either D. Nor did he 24. The sign “X” is usually used to _________ an unknown number. A. stand for B. think highly of C. take part in D. search for 25. Take a short walk. Believe it or not, it will give you ________________ a candy bar. A. as twice as much energy B. twice as much as energy C. twice as much energy as D. as twice much energy as 26. He had to choose between giving up his job and giving up his principles. He chose the _______. A. former B. fancy C. formal D. front 27. _______ you were late — you ate your breakfast so slowly.
A. There is no wonder that B. No wonder C. No doubt D. There is no doubt that 28. Is ______ some German friends visited last week? A. this school B. this school one C. this the school D. this school where 29. The way he thought ______ with the problem ______ to be correct, which made all the people present relaxed. A. of to deal; proved B. of dealing; proved C. of to deal; was proved D. of dealing; was proved 30. I have to go to work by taxi because my car _____at the garage. A. will be repaired B. is repaired C. is being repaired D. has been repaired 31. In our class, there are 46 students, half _____ wear glasses. A. in whom B. in them C. of whom D. of them 32. He said that a new stadium _________ in our city the next year. A. would build B. would be built C. will build D. will be built 33. The Winter and the Summer Olympics are both held ________ on a regular basis. A. each four years B. every fourth year C. every four year D. each fourth year 34. The little girl had a lucky _________ when the earthquake happened. A. reception B. escape C. entrance D. glory 35. —What did your American friend say just now? —She asked_________. A. could you teach her Chinese B. you could teach her Chinese C. if could you teach her Chinese D. if you could teach her Chinese
Ⅲ 完形填空（每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项。 I had arrived at the airport about 30 minutes before the checkin. It had been a very__36__three days for me with lots of meetings. So I was glad to have the__37__time to make my notes on what I__38__to do the following day. But then came the__39__that my flight had to be__40__because there was a problem with the plane. As I sat waiting for my__41__to be called, I reflected on my last meeting of the day. It was not a business meeting but rather a very enjoyable__42__with an old business friend I had not seen for over 12 years. Our lunch was spent recalling times gone by__43__filling each other in what had happened in our lives over the last 12 years. We both laughed and smiled as we recalled the good times and the great experiences we had__44__together.At the end of our time together, we both said how much we had__45__it and that we must do it again. It was great to have this additional time to replay in my__46__all that we had talked about. I realized just how important it was to have regular__47__of the good times in our life. I was lucky enough to have had the chance to take a short__48__and reflect on the good things that had happened in my life over 12 years. It was somewhat like looking at an old photo album__49__in a cupboard in your house. There before your eyes are lots of wonderful__50__that take you back to times and places, and most importantly to those people who are in the__51__． My flight home was finally__52__three hours later. I smiled as I__53__the plane and realized that I was not at all__54__about the delay in the flight, as I had been able to spend the time__55__on
the good times from days gone by. 36．A. important B．busy 37．A. pleasant B．satisfying 38．A. had B．failed 39．A. announcement B．declaration 40．A. waited B．cancelled 41．A. flight B．turn 42．A. negotiation B．lunch 43．A. as well B．except for 44．A. spent B．met 45．A. got B．enjoyed 46．A. thought B．spirit 47．A. time B．plans 48．A. way B．cut 49．A. stored away B．put on 50．A. celebrations B．memories 51．A. cupboard B．books 52．A. shouted B．phoned 53．A. left B．boarded 54．A. upset B．happy 55．A. taking B．seizing
C．quick C．happy C．needed C．opening C．taken C．name C．party C．as well as C．managed C．made C．flight C．reminders C．method C．set aside C．awards C．childhood C．called C．jumped C．crazy C．reflecting
D．useful D．extra D．asked D．speech D．delayed D．order D．discussion D．in addition D．shared D．paid D．mind D．remains D．break D．given out D．presents D．photos D．commanded D．reached D．surprised D．bringing
Ⅳ 阅读理解（每小题 2 分，共 30 分）
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项回答问题或完成 句子。 A Anyone who cares about what schools and colleges teach and how their students learn will be interested in the memoir（回忆录）of Ralph W. Tyler, who is one of the most famous men in American education. Born in Chicago in 1902, brought up and schooled in Nebraska, the 19-year-old college graduate Ralph Tyler became hooked on teaching while teaching as a science teacher in South Dakota and changed his major from medicine to education. Graduate work at the University of Chicago found him connected with honorable educators Charles Judd and W. W. Charters, whose ideas of teaching and testing had an effect on his later work. In 1927, he became a teacher of Ohio State University where he further developed a new method of testing. Tyler became well-known nationality in 1938, when he carried his work with the Eight-Year Study from Ohio State University to the University of Chicago at the invitation of Robert Hutchins. Tyler was the first director of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford, a position he held for fourteen years. There, he firmly believed that researchers should be free to seek an independent（独立的）spirit in their work. Although Tyler officially retired in 1967, he never actually retired. He served on a long list of educational organizations in the United States and abroad. Even in his 80s he traveled across the country to advise teachers and management people on how to set objectives（目标）that develop the best teaching and learning within their schools.
56. Who are most probably interested in Ralph W. Tyler’s memoir? A. Top managers. B. Language learners. C. Serious educators. D. Science organizations. 57. The words “hooked on teaching” underlined in Paragraph 2 probably mean ________. A. attracted to teaching B. tired of teaching C. satisfied with teaching D. unhappy about teaching 58. Where did Tyler work as the leader of a research center for over 10 years? A. The University of Chicago. B. Stanford University. C. Ohio State University. D. Nebraska University. B Computer programmer David Jones earns $35.000 a year designing new computer games. yet he cannot find a bank ready to let him have a credit card（信用卡）Instead he has been told to wait another two years until he is 18. The 16-year-old works for a small firm in Liverpool where the problem of most young people of his age is finding a job David’s firm releases（推出）two new games for the fast growing computer market each month But David’s biggest headache is what to do with his money. Even though he earns a lot he cannot drive a car take out a mortgage（抵押贷款）,or get credit cards David got his job with the Liverpool-based company four months ago ,a year after leaving school with six O-levels and working for a time in a computer shop. “I got the job because the people who run the firm knew I had already written some programs” he said David spends some of his money on records and clothes and gives his mother 50 pounds a week But most of his spare time is spent working. “Unfortunately, computing was not part of our studies at school “ he said “But I had been studying it in books and magazines for four years in my spare time I knew what I wanted to do and never considered staying on at school Most people in this business are fairly young, anyway” David added :”I would like to earn a million and I suppose early retirement （退休） is a possibility You never know when the market might disappear.” 59．In what way is David different from people of his age? A．He often goes out with friends B．He lives with his mother C．He has a handsome income D．He graduated with six O-levels 60．What is one of the problems that David is facing now? A．He is too young to get a credit card B．He has no time to learn driving C．He has very little spare time D．He will soon lose his job 61．Why was David able to get the job in the company? A．He had done well in all his exams B．He had written some computer programs C．He was good at playing computer games D．He had learnt to use computers at school 62．Why did David decide to leave school and start working? A．He received lots of job offers B．He was eager to help his mother C．He lost interest in school studies D．He wanted to earn his own living C Topping the class academically was certainly an advantage ． Studying was a breeze for Nigel． The reward was certainly incomparable to the little effort that he had to put it． It began when
he was selected to help the teachers in the computer laboratories． The peak of his school career came not when he topped the school but when he was selected for the nationwide competition．Unlike everyone else, Nigel wanted to join the contest because he liked playing with the Lego sets and making something out of them． Nigel spent the next two months rebuilding the robot．It was during the time that Nigel found out about the prizes for the competition as well as another competitor, Alicia, from a neighboring school ． His early intentions were forgotten． Getting the thousand-dollar prize was more important than anything else． Nigel decided to befriend Alicia．Unaware of his intentions, she told him all about the robot that she had been building for the competition．He even helped her to put the finishing touches to her robot．He was glad with the way things had progressed．His robot looked even better than Alicia’s and it was able to bounce a ball with its arm, something Alicia had failed to do． On the day of the competition, he saw Alicia．Everything dawned on her the minute she saw him among the competitors. She stared at him, puzzled at first, then angry and finally a look of helplessness came over her． The flashbulbs of the camera exploded in Nigel’s face．The robot had performed actions so unique and different that the specialists’ judgments were the same．Nigel was so pleased with himself that he did not even notice the girl standing a few feet away from him．Without her, he would never have won the competition． 63．What reward did Nigel receive for doing well in his school work? A．He was offered a part-time job. B．He was honored with a scholarship. C．He helped his teachers construct a robot. D．He helped in the computer laboratories. 64．Nigel’s original intention of joining the contest was to ___ ． A．be the top student of the school B．being great honor to his school C．construct a robot with the Lego sets D．wins the thousand-dollar prize 65．Why did Nigel help Alicia finish her robot? A．He tried to make friends with her. B．He was fond of building robots. C．He intended to help her. D．He didn’t want her to suspect him. 66．What is the author’s attitude towards Nigel’s actions? A．He is mildly critical. B．He is strongly critical. C．He is in favor of them. D．His attitude is not clear. D An old problem is getting new attention in the United States—bullying．Recent cases included the tragic case of a fifteen-year-old girl whose family moved from Ireland．She hanged herself in Massachusetts in January following months of bullying．Her parents criticized her school for failing to protect her．Officials have brought criminal charges against several teenagers． Judy Kaczynski is president of an anti-bullying group called Bully Police USA．Her daughter Tina was the victim of severe bullying starting in middle school in the state of Minnesota．She said, "Our daughter was a very outgoing child． She was a bubbly personality, very involved in all kinds of things, had lots of friends．And over a period of time her grades fell completely．She started having health issues．She couldn't sleep．She wasn't eating．She had terrible stomach pains．She started clenching（紧握，紧咬） her jaw and grinding her teeth at night．She didn't want to go to school．" Bullying is defined as negative behavior repeated over time against the same person．It can involve physical violence．Or it can be verbal—for example, insults or threats．Spreading lies about
someone or excluding a person from a group is known as social or relational bullying． And now there is cyberbullying, which uses the Internet, e-mail or text messages．It has easy appeal for the bully because it does not involve face-to-face contact and it can be done at any time． The first serious research studies into bullying were done in Norway in the late 1970s． The latest government study in the United States was released last year．It found that about one-third of students aged twelve to eighteen were bullied at school． Susan Sweater is a psychologist at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and co-director of the Bullying Research Network． She says schools should treat bullying as a mental health problem to get bullies and victims the help they need．She says bullying is connected to depression, anxiety and anti-social behavior, and bullies are often victims themselves． 67．From the case of Tina, we can know that _____． A．bullying is rare B．victims suffered a lot C．schools are to blame D．personalities are related 68．Which of the following is NOT bullying? A．To beat someone repeatedly． B．To call someone names． C．To isolate someone from friends． D．To refuse to help someone in need． 69．Why is cyberbullying appealing to the bully? A．Because it can involve more people． B．Because it can create worse effects． C．Because it is more convenient． D．Because it can avoid cheating． 70．Which of the following can be the best title of the text? A．Bullying—An Irish Girl Committed Suicide B．15-year-old Irish Girl Committed Suicide C．Cyberbullying—Taking Off in Schools D．How to Find Bullying among Teens
Ⅴ 阅读选填（每小题 2 分，共 10 分）
根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选 项。 A. Develop a good attitude about tests B. Plan your time carefully C. Find a good place to study D. Study regularly E. Make good use of your time in class F. Make sure of time for entertainment 71. ________________________ When you arrange your week, you make a list of things that you have to do. After making this list, you should make a schedule of your time, such as your time for eating, sleeping, dressing, etc. Then decide a good, regular time for studying. Don’t forget to set aside enough time for entertainment. A weekly schedule may not solve all your problems, but it will force you to realize what is happening to your time. 72. _________________________ The purpose of a test is to show what you have learned about a subject. They help you remember your new knowledge. The world won’t end if you don’t pass a test, so don’t overly worry.
73. _________________________ When you get home from school, go over your notes. Review the important points that your teacher mentioned in class. If you know what the teacher is going to discuss the next day, read that material. This will help you understand the next class. If you do these things regularly, the material will become more meaningful, and you will remember it longer. 74. _________________________ Take advantage of class time to listen to everything the teacher says. Really listening in class means less work later. Taking notes will help you remember what the teacher says. 75. _________________________ Look around the house for a good area. Keep this space, which may be a desk or simply a corner of your room, free of everything but study materials. No games, radios, or television! When you sit down to study, concentrate on the subject.
题序 答案 题序 答案 题序 答案 题序 答案 题序 答案 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Ⅵ 短文填词（每小题 1 分，共 10 分）
阅读下面材料，根据中文提示在空白处填入适当的内容或括号内单词的正确形式。 Not all ads 76.________（欺骗， 戏弄） us though. PSAs use some of the same methods, like 77. ________ （attract） pictures and clever language, but they are made to serve the public PSAs aim to teach us and help us lead, better lives. Our government understands this and has been using PSAs to educate people for many years. China began a 78. ________ （全国范围的） public service advertising campaign in 1996,and 79. ________then various types of PSAs have 80. ________（appear）around the country. You have probably seen or heard some of them yourself, such as, 'Yes to life, no to drugs' and' Knowledge changes life'. these ads deal with widespread social concerns. There are also PSAs that 81. ________（鼓励） people to support public service projects, such as Project Hope. Its motto is 'Project Hope--educating every child'. There are even PSAs to teach us how to live healthy lives. One of these is,' when you smoke 82. ________ （香烟） , you are slowly killing yourself'. All of these ads 83. ________ （意味着， 旨在） benefit the public, and you can often learn a lot by following the advice they give. Finally, I wish to tell you this think about why you should do the things the ad suggests, or buy the product or service the ad84.________（promote）When it comes to advertisements, we must all use our 85. ________（智慧）and not be a slave to them!
Ⅶ 作文（共 25 分）
86. 假如你叫李华，你的加拿大笔友 James 想了解一下你要参加的 2015 年全国中学生英语夏 令营的有关情况，请根据以下信息给他写一封回信，并邀请他参加你们的活动。 营址 活动时间 参加人员 大连 2015 年 7 月底，共 4 天 1.全国中学生英语能力竞赛获奖者 2.中国，美国和澳大利亚的英语老师 1.举行英语演讲比赛 2.观看学生表演 3.游览大连风景名胜 4.交流英语学习经验
注意：1.信须包括以上提供的内容要点，可以适当增加细节，使内容连贯； 2．词数：120 左右； 3．参考词汇：全国中学生英语能力竞赛 NEPC
_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
1- 5：BACAB 6-10：ACBBA 11-15：BCCAC
16. lazy life 17. high blood pressure 18. active 19. stick with 20. step by step 21-25：DABAC 26-30：ABCAC 31-35：CBBBD 36-40：BDCAD 41-45：ABCDB 46-50：DCDAB 51-55：DCBAC 56-60：BCACA 61-65：BCDCD 66-70：ABDCA 71-75：BADEC 76. play tricks on 77. attractive 78.nationwide 79.since 80.appeared 81. encourage 82. cigarettes 83.are meant to 84. promotes 85. intelligence Dear James， Nice to hear from you again! As you know, this summer vacation, at the end of July，2015，the winners of NEPC will go to a fourday English Summer Camp in Dalian. Some English teachers from China, the USA, England and Australia will join us. In the camp, we will have some English speaking competition, watch some wonderful performances given by the students and visit some places of interest in Dalian. Besides, we will exchange our English learning experience and talk about our colorful school life in English. I think this summer camp will greatly improve my spoken English and I will make some new friends there. I do hope you will come and join us. Best wishes. Yours truly， Li Hua
SECTION A Directions: In this section you’ll hear 6 conversations between 2 speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions by making the corresponding letter A, B, or C on the question booklet. You will hear each conversation TWICE. Questions 1 and 2 are based on Conversation 1. You now have 10 seconds to read the questions. Conversation 1 W： We’re going to have a party on the evening of May 3 rd, next Thursday evening. M： What for, if I may know？ W： To celebrate the May 4th Movement. We have also invited some famous people to come to the party. M： I suppose some pop stars or sport stars will come. W： No, I mean some famous writers will come. M： I’m very glad to hear that. Then what shall we be doing？ W： Well, we’ll just be sitting around a fire and listening to the speeches made by the winners of the speech contest. M： Fine. Questions 3 and 4 are based on Conversation 2. You now have 10 seconds to read the questions. Conversation 2 W：People say Abraham Lincoln was a great American, you know. M：Yes, many American people do think so, and they feel proud of Lincoln. He rose from the lowest to the highest position in the United States. W： Do you know how he was killed? M：Yes. It was on April 14, 1865. After a very busy day, Lincoln and his wife went to see a play at a theatre in Washington. A 25-year-old man, who was from the South, suddenly shot Lincoln through the head. W：Did he die immediately when he was shot? M：No, he didn't. He died early the next morning in the hospital. Questions 5 and 6 are based on Conversation 3. You now have 10 seconds to read the questions.
Conversation 3 W: I hear you’re going home, aren’t you? M: I want to go on Monday, but I couldn’t get a ticket for Monday. I bought a ticket for Tuesday. W: Why are you in such a hurry? M: My mother is ill. She has been sent to the hospital. W: How did you get the news? Did your mother send you a letter? M: My sister telephoned me this morning. She asked my father and me to go back. W: Then how long are you going to stay at home, two or three days? M: At most four days. I’ll be back for the meeting. Questions 7 through 9 are based on Conversation 4. You now have 15 seconds to read the questions. Conversation 4 M: So, Linda? I’ve got a few questions... Let’s see. Can you type? W: No, I can’t type. M: What about shorthand? W: I don’t know. I’ve never tried. M: So you can’t take shorthand and you can’t type. What can you do, may I ask? W: Well, I can play the piano and violin. M: Play the piano and violin? W: Yes, and I can sing and dance. M: Miss Linda, what are you doing here? W: I want a job. I want to work here. M: But you can’t take shorthand and you can’t even type! W: No, of course I can’t. I’m an actress. M: But I want a secretary. W: Is this the Grand Theater? M: No, of course not. It’s the Grand Hotel. The Grand Theater is in the opposite st reet. Questions 10 through 12 are based on Conversation 5. You now have 15 seconds to read the questions. Conversation 5 W： John, do you realize that the Spring Festival is only a month away? Before going to my hometown for our holiday, we have to think of our gifts for my family. M： Yes, and we have a lot of relatives to think about. W： Shall we decide what to send them all now？ M： All right. Let’s make a list of names and then decide what to give them all. W： The children first, I think. What about Alice？ M： She is too grown-up for toys. We can give her a book to help her study. W： Yes. Well, now what about Dela? He thinks of nothing but space travel nowadays. M： Oh, that makes it easy. Let’s give him one of those space travel suits that the toy shop has. You know what I mean: there is a big round plastic thing that goes over the head. W： That sounds like an excellent idea. He will be quite excited. M： What about your father and mother？ W： Since retiring from work, father has fed birds at home. Oh, a bird cage will content him. Mother is fund of music. How about some CDs？ M： Oh, that sounds great. Questions 13 through 15 are based on Conversation 6. You now have 15 seconds to read the questions.
Conversation 6 W: The mailman just dropped some mail in our box. M: Probably a lot of advertising and bills. Why don’t you write to me, so I can get some interesting mail? W: You won’t believe it, but there’s a letter here addressed to you, and it looks like a personal letter. The return name and address is Peter Wales. M: You’re joking. Peter Wales? He was my roommate in college. He visited your grandma and me in Florida about five years ago. W: What does he say in his letter? Is he OK? M: Yeah, he is fine. He’s writing to invite me to spend a weekend with him on his farm. He’s planning a get-together with two or three other college friends. W: Won’t it be exciting to see all your college friends there again? M: Yes, of course. I’m kind of excited about going now. Next weekend… sleep over Friday and Saturday night and come back Sunday. I can’t wait! W: Don’t you think you ought to call Peter and tell him you’re coming? M: You’re reading my mind. SECTION B Directions: in this section, you will hear a mini-talk. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you’ve got. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN 3 WORDS. You will hear the mini-talk TWICE. Good morning. Today，I’d like to talk about doing exercise and keeping fit. First，let’s deal with the importance of the exercise. Many people today live a kind of lazy life， sitting in the office all day and watching TV in the whole evening. I am sure you don’t need me to tell you that way of life is bad for your health. In fact, it can lead to all kinds of health problems like heart disease， high blood pressure， and some of the problems can result in death. Now let me talk a little about preventing illness. Probably the most important thing to better mind is to be active. This doesn’t mean you have to go out and play sports. Of course, sports are an excellent way to stay healthy. But it is also important to remember the healthy activities can take many different forms like gardening and doing housework. Now let me suggest some ways of doing exercise. In the first place, you should choose an activity that you enjoy and one that you will stick with. And then start exercising slowly and try to increase the amount of exercise step by step. Well，this is all I have for today. See you next time. Goodbye. Now, you have 2 minutes to write your answers on the ANSWER SHEET.