高 二 模 块 考 试 英 语 试 题 本试卷分第 I 卷和第 II 卷两部分，共 12 页，满分 150 分。考试用时 120 分钟。 第 I 卷（共 100 分） 第一部分 听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节（共 5 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应
位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒的时间来回答有关小题和阅读 下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What is the man doing? A. Buying a car. B. Waiting for the woman. C. Parking the car. 2. What will the woman do next? A. Buy a raincoat. B. Get her umbrella from home. C. Borrow the man’s umbrella. 3. What can we know about the woman’s father? A. He was a pilot before. B. He doesn’t work now. C. He is a bank manager now. 4. What is the woman doing? A. Offering help. B. Renting a bicycle. C. Making an introduction. 5. What is the man worried about? A. The match may be put off. B. Their car may break down halfway. C. They may not be on time for the match. 第二节(共 15 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分)
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where might the speakers be? A. In a zoo. B. On a mountain. C. At home.
7. What will the speakers do tomorrow? A. Go hunting. B. Go hiking. C. Go swimming.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. On which floor is the Business Center located? A. Fifth. B. Sixth. C. Seventh.
9. What will the man probably do next? A. Fax a document. B. Take the elevator. C. Make a phone call.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What are the speakers talking about? A. A travel program. B. An outdoor activity. C. A holiday plan.
11. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Classmates. B. Boss and secretary. C. Clerk and customer.
12. What do we know about the Goose and Duck? A. It is located in central Beijing. B. It provides round-trip transportation. C. It will cost you too much. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where can the students get information about their grades? A. On the wall. B. On a website. C. At the teacher’s office.
14. What was the man’s average? A. 50 percent. B. 54 percent. C. 55 percent.
15. What is the man worried about? A. How to face his professor. B. Where to get the school fees.
C. How to tell his parents about the news. 16. What does the woman suggest the man do at first? A. Speak to the professor. B. Take another subject. C. Take the subject one more time. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Who is probably the speaker? A. An office director. B. A customer. C. An office clerk.
18. How long does the morning break last? A. 45 minutes. B. 20 minutes. C. 15 minutes.
19. What will happen if the rules won’t be carried out strictly? A. Customers may not be helped. B. The salaries will decrease. C. The clerks cannot have lunch timely. 20. What may happen according to the speaker? A. Clerks may be fired. B. Timecards may be used. C. Break time may be reduced.
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 A Last July, my parents and I went to visit my aunt and uncle in Seattle, a city on the northwest American coast. Dad did some research and had no difficulty in finding us cheap tickets online. On the day of our flight, we had to wake up very early. When we checked our bags in, we found that one bag weighed too much, so we had to pay a fine. After that, Dad insisted that we go and have some breakfast at the airport restaurant. We had a lot of fun watching many different people there. Then we realized it was getting late,
so we rushed to the gate. It took one hour for everyone to get on the plane, but finally the door was shut and we were on our way! I think my favorite experience during our trip was our visit to Mount Rainier, a volcano near Seattle. It was nothing like I had expected. Before we left, my aunt lent us hats to protect us from getting sunburned, so I supposed that it would be very hot. Imagine my surprise when we drove up the mountain and I discovered the top was covered in snow and ice! My uncle led us to a small path beyond the main trails to increase our chances of seeing wildlife. We walked over a small hill, and suddenly before us there appeared a field of snow. Small wild flowers grew up through the snow; underneath the snow we could hear rushing water — a small stream. Little animals stood still to avoid being noticed; tiny birds rose into the air. It was the most beautiful sight that I’d ever seen. 21. What ticket did the father buy for the family? A. Bus. Airplane. 22. Why did they pay a fine? A. Because they got up late. B. Because they didn’t wait in line. C. Because they came to the airport late. D. Because their bag was overweight. 23. What was the writer’s most impressive experience? A. The flight to Seattle. B. The breakfast in the airport. C. The visit to Mount Rainier. D. The discovery of a small stream. 24. Why did they choose a small path instead of the main trails? A. To enjoy more of the wildlife. B. To take a shortcut to save time. B. Ship. C. Train. D.
C. To avoid the snowy road. D. To avoid being attacked by animals. 25. Which of the following is NOT true according to the article? A. Seattle is on the northwest coast of America. B. They bought their tickets in a booking office. C. They waited for a long time before getting on the plane. D. The hats were to help protect them from getting sunburned. B There are three kinds of goals: short-term, medium-term and long-term goals. Short-term goals are those that usually deal with current activities, which we can apply on a daily basis. Such goals can be achieved in a week or less, or two weeks, or possible months. It should be remembered that just as a building is no stronger than its foundation, our long-term goals cannot mean very much without the achievement of solid short-term goals. Upon completing our short-term goals, we should date the occasion and then add new short-term goals that will build on those that have been completed. The medium-term goals bulked (延伸) on the foundation of the short-range goals. They might deal with just one term of school or the whole school year, or they could even extend for several years. Any time you move a step at a time, you should never allow yourself to become discouraged or overcome. As you complete each step, you will enforce the belief in your ability to grow and succeed. And as your list of completion dates grow, your motivation and desire will increase. Long-term goals may be related to our dreams of the future. They might cover five years or more. Life is not a static (静止的) thing. We should never allow a long-term goal to limit us or our course of action. 26. Our long-term goals mean a lot______. A. if we cannot reach solid short-term goals B. if we complete our short-term goals C. if we write down the dates D. if we put forward some plans
27. New short-term goals are built upon______. A. two years C. the goals that have been completed B. long-term goals D. current activities
28. When we complete each step of our goals, ______. A. we will win final success B. we are overcome C. we should build up confidence of success D. we should desire for setting new goals 29. Once our goals are set, _______. A. we may change our goals as we have new ideas and opportunities B. we should stick to them whatever happens C. we had better wait for the exciting news of success D. we have made great decision 30. It is implied but not stated(陈述) in the passage that ______. A. those who have long-term goals will succeed B. writing down the dates may discourage you C. the goal is only a guide for us to reach our destination D. everyone should have a goal C When people argue about whether coffee is good for health, they’re usually thinking of the health of the coffee drinker. Is it good for your heart? Does it increase blood pressure? Does it help you concentrate? However, coffee affects the health of the human population in other ways, too. Traditionally, coffee bushes were planted under the canopy(树冠) of taller native trees. However, more and more farmers in Latin America are deforesting the land to grow full-sun coffees. At first, this increases production because more coffee bushes can be planted if there aren’t any trees. With increased production come increased profits. Unfortunately, deforesting for coffee production immediately decreases local wildlife habitat. Native birds nest and hide from predators(捕食者) in the tall trees
and migrating birds rest there. Furthermore, in the long term, the full-sun method also damages the ecosystem because more chemical fertilizers and pesticides(杀虫剂) are needed to grow the coffee. The fertilizers and pesticides kill insects that eat the coffee plants, but then the birds eat the poisoned insects and also die. The chemicals kill or sicken other animals as well, and can even enter the water that people will eventually drink. Fortunately, farmers in Central and South America are beginning to grow more coffee bushes in the shade. We can support these farmers by buying coffee with such labels as “shade grown” and “bird friendly.” Sure, these varieties might cost a little more. But we’re paying for the health of the birds, the land, ourselves, and the planet. I think it’s worth it. 31. What is the main idea of this passage? A. Coffee is becoming more expensive to produce. B. Farmers are changing the way they grow coffee C. People should buy full-sun coffee. D. Shade-grown coffee is more popular than sun-grown coffee. 32. What does the underlined word in para.2 mean? A. 砍伐森林 C. 保护土壤 B. 增加植被 D. 种植树木
33. What does increased production of full-sun coffee bring about? A. More insects. B. Better quantity coffee. C. Higher profits. D. larger farms. 34. How do farmers find more land for growing full-sun coffee? A. They buy more land from other farmers. B. They move to another country. C. They cut down trees. D. They turn grassland to farmland 35. The full-sun method may affect the following EXCEPT________.
A. air C. human
B. birds D. insects
第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。 Between sports, games, and playing outside, there is lots of competition for kids’ time. Here are some ways they can still keep up their reading. 36. Encourage kids to take five or ten minutes at the beginning of each day to read, before doing anything else. They can even set a timer (计时器). It’s always possible that they’ll want to keep doing after their time is up. Match books to activities Know a child going to soccer camp? Connect him or her with sports stories by authors like Matt Christopher. 37.
The Summer of May by Cecilia Galante is a
moving story about a girl experiencing her own summer school. 38. Encourage children to always carry a book with them. It sounds simple, but kids may be surprised to discover all the time during the day they have for reading — on the bus to camp, in a waiting room, or during breaks. Have family reading time Just as you set aside time for reading during the school year, ask families to devote 20 minutes a day to books. 39. Set goals Some kids will have no problem finishing reading four books in summer. 40._____________ Meet with kids to determine them. A. Read for fun B. Read over breakfast C. Always carry a book D. Have a student who’ll be in summer school? E. Others may need to make sound plans, such as two books a month.
F. Every family member should read during this time, including Mom and Dad. G. That means three months with books can make a difference in their vocabularies. 第三部分 英语知识运用(共三节，满分 50 分) 第一节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) Once upon a time, there was a woman baking bread for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passer-by. She always kept the extra bread on the window-sill, for whoever would 41 it away. 42 and took away the bread without 44 43 gratitude.
Everyday, an old man
This went on, day after day, and the woman felt very she decided to add 45 to the bread she 46
. In order to punish him, 47
for him! As she was about to
it on the window-sill, her hands trembled. Immediately she threw the bread it on the window-sill. 49 48 the fire, prepared another one and kept
, the old man came, picked up the bread and left, totally
unaware of the anger in the heart of the woman That evening, there was a 50 on the door. As she opened it, she was 51 52 to his
find her son standing in the doorway. He had gone to a distant place to fortune. For many months she had heard no news of him. Looking at his mother he said business 55 53 , “Mom, it’s truly 54
I’m here. My
so I had to beg for food on my way home. I would have died this morning, 56 enough to give me the whole bread.”
but just then an old man passed by. He was
As he gave it to me, he said, “This is what I eat everyday. Today, I shall give it to you, for your As the mother 57 58 is greater than mine.” those words, her face turned pale and red. She 59 the
poisoned bread that she had made that morning. If she had not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have 41. 42. 43. 44. A. bring A. worried A. expressing A. sad B. put B. came B. thinking B. satisfied C. take C. hurried C. doing C. strange 60 his life!
D. carry D. went D. saying D. angry
45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
A. salt A. prepared A. cut A. to A. As a result A. knock A. surprised A. fetch A. carefully A. amazing A. succeeded A. unique A. need A. wrote A. kept A. saved
B. milk B. cared B. keep B. onto B. On the way B. knife B. nervous B. take B. cheerfully B. terrible B. failed B. smart B. job B. heard B. discovered B. started
C. sugar C. begged C. carry C. into C. On the other hand C. message C. disappointed C. spend C. weakly C. necessary C. continued C. mean C. strength C. read C. remembered C. built
D. poison D. applied D. leave D. in D. As usual D. key D. curious D. seek D. proudly D. normal D. grew D. kind D. help D. said D. threw D. lost
第Ⅱ卷（共 50 分） 第三部分 英语知识运用(共三节，满分 50 分) 第二节 单词拼写 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 根据下列句子及所给汉语注释或词首字母，写出空缺处单词的正确形式。 61. They drew a c__________ that it was a thief who had stolen their diamond necklace. 62. The doctor treated her headache with a new medicine, and finally ___________(治 愈) her. 63. The earth is s__________ as it goes round the sun. 64. Buckingham Palace is a major tourist __________ (名胜). 65. How many countries does the UK c__________ of? 66. He __________ (折叠) the map up, put it in his pocket and walked away. 67. He can hardly find a job in this computer company because he has had no p__________
experience of this kind of job. 68. We are ___________ (乐观的) that the mainland and Taiwan will unify in the near future. 69. He didn’t finish his schooling because of l__________ of money. 70. Our government should make a strict __________ (评估) of the food safety. 71. The professor is too busy that he needs more teaching a__________. 72. Please __________ (通知) us of any changes of address. 73. The knife cut her finger and made it b__________. 74. When he was a child, he suffered from __________ (各种各样的) health problems. 75. He took off his wet clothes and s__________ the water out. 第三节 语法填空 (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 阅读下列各句，在空白处填入适当的内容或括号内单词的正确形式(每空一词)。 76. Though __________ (surprise) to see us, the professor gave us a warm welcome. 77. With the popularity of the Internet banking, it is becoming more convenient to apply ________ a credit card for personal use online. 78. When __________ (cross) the road, you should be careful. 79. __________ is often the case with old people, my grandfather is fond of doing morning exercise. 80. Most of the people __________ (invite) to the party didn’t come. 第四部分 写作(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节 单句改错(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改所造英语句子，请你修改你同桌写的以下句子。 每句中只有一处错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 81. This club consists more than 200 members. 82. It seemed that the water was to be blame. 83. First degree burns will turn white when pressing.
84. We laugh at jokes, but seldom we think about how they work. 85. He treats his elder sister as if she is a stranger. 第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) 现在，中国式过马路 (The Chinese way of crossing the street)已经成为一种严重的 社会问题，请你谈一下对这种情况的看法，可包括分析原因、指出危害并提出解决的建议。 写作说明：1、不少于 120 词。 2、可适当增加细节，使行文连贯。 3、题目已给出。 参考要点：可能的原因：1、赶时间。 2、缺乏安全意识 (safety awareness)。 ?? 解决的方法：1、教育人们要遵守交通规则(traffic rules)。 2、多建一些人行天桥(pedestrian overpass)。 3、罚款。 ?? A Dangerous Way of Street-crossing ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________
高 二 模 块 考 试 英 语 试 题 答 案
第一部分 听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 1-5 CBBBC 6-10 BBBCC 11-15 ABABC 16-20 AACAB
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 21-25 DDCAB 26-30 BCCAC 31-35 BACCA
第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 36-40 BDCFE 第三部分 英语知识运用(共三节，满分 50 分) 第一节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 41-45 CBADD 46-50 ABCDA 51-55 ADCAB 56-60 DABCD
第三部分 英语知识运用(共三节，满分 50 分) 第二节 单词拼写 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 61. conclusion 62. cured 63. spinning 64. attraction 65. consist 66. folded
67. previous 68. optimistic 69. lack 70. assessment 71. assistants 72. inform 73. bleed 74. various 75. squeezed 第三节 语法填空 (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 76. surprised 77. for 78. crossing 79. As 80. invited 第四部分 写作(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节 单句改错(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 81. This club consists ∧more than 200 members. of 82. It seemed that the water was to be blame. 83. First degree burns will turn white when pressing. pressed 84. We laugh at jokes, but seldom ∧ we think about how they work. do 85. He treats his elder sister as if she is a stranger. were 第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) One possible version:
A Dangerous Way of Street-crossing “The Chinese way of crossing the street” has become a hot topic in china. It is clear that some people cross the street without thinking about traffic lights. There are two main reasons. Some people are always in a hurry, so they don’t pay attention to the traffic signals. Others lack safety awareness, thinking drivers have to stop because so many people cross the street together. Actually, crossing the street, while the lights are red, is very dangerous, because it may lead to more traffic jams and accidents. I hope measures will be taken to prevent this bad behavior. First, the public should be educated to follow the traffic rules. Second, more pedestrian overpass should be built to make it easy and safe to cross the street. Finally, whoever breaks the traffic rules should be fined. Only by doing so will we be able to get around the city safely.