2014-10-7 第一部分：听力(共两节，满分 20 分) 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置，听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题， 每段对话仅读一遍。 1. 2
. 3. 4. 5. Where does the man usually eat? A. At home. A. At 3:10. A. Lucy. A. By bus. B. In his office. B. At 3:30. B. Tom. B. On foot C. At a restaurant. C. At 3:50. C. Robert. C. By bike When did the football match begin? Who is using the car now? How does the man usually go to work? What happened to the man? A. He dirtied his tablecloth. B. He broke his coffee cup. C. He knocked over the coffee. 第二节(共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题 6. Why does the woman go to America? A. To be on business. B. To visit her parents. C. To look for another job. 7. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The man got married half a year ago. B. The man’s wife likes living in London very much. C. The man will probably give up his job for his wife. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题 8. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The woman is a tour guide. B. The man has been to Beijing before. C. The man will go to the zoo again quite soon. 9. When will the man visit the Summer Palace? C. The day after tomorrow. A. Today. B. Tomorrow morning. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题
10. What does the woman do now? A. Delivers（分送）milk. B. Works at the post office. C. Works in a supermarket. 11. When did the woman usually get up on weekdays? A. At 5 o’clock. B. At 6 o’clock. C. At half past six.
12. What do we learn about the man’s cousin from the conversation? A. She has to work hard. B. She is a single mother. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What’s the relationship between the two speakers? A. Brother and sister. 14. Which teams will play today? A. Germany and England. B. Germany and Brazil. 15. What is the woman going to do? A. Buy a sandwich. B. Go to her mother’s house. C. Go to the cinema. 16. What do we know about the man? A. He likes sandwich more than any other food. B. He likes watching football games very much. C. He never cooks at home. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where is the speaker? A. In a hospital. A. At 9:00 am. A. In the school. B. In a school. B. At 10:00 am. B. At the students’ homes. C. At the airport. C. At 3:00 pm. C. In the hotel. 18. When will the headmaster meet the guests? 19. Where will the guests stay at night? 20. What can we learn from the text? A. There is a lake behind the school. B. The guests will leave tomorrow. C. The guests will have lunch at the students’ homes. 第二部分：单项填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 21. I’ll do _____ I can to help you. Which of the following is wrong? A. all that B. what C. all D. that 22. --- Do you really believe the doctor knows ______ to do with this possible situation? ---No, never. But, believe it or not, he is left _______the operation! A. what; in charge of C. what; in the charge of breakfast is a full meal. A. other than B. more than C. rather than D. less than 24. —How much did the guy _______ you to fix your 3G mobile phone? —I don’t remember, but it was quite a lot. A. cost A. How fun A. As B. spend B. How funny B. It C. charge C. What grea t fun C. That D. take D. What a great fun D. Which 25. ________ it is to jump into a river in summer! 26. _____ has already been pointed out, grammar is not a set of dead rules. 27. --- Shall I give you a ride since you live so far away? --- Thank you. _______. A. It couldn’t be better B. Of course you can B. how; in charge of D. how; in the charge of C. England and Brazil B. Teacher and student. C. Husband and wife. C. She likes getting up early.
23. In many countries in the world, breakfast is a snack ____a meal, but the traditional English
C. If you like A. that A. Anyone B. who B. Who
D. If you are convenient C. whom D. from whom
28. Daniel, we thought you were an adult, a person ______we could expect good decisions. 29. _____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. C. Those who D. Anyone who 30. Cong Fei, a 2005 Touch China Man, for _____ life was very hard, gave away nearly 3 million yuan to poor children. A. whom A. that B. who B. which C. whose C. where D. him D. when 31. She will never forget her stay there ______ she found her lost son. 32. --- I’m sure Andrew will come out first in this gymnastic competition. --- I think so. He ______ for it for months. A. is preparing B. was preparing C. had been preparing D. has been preparing 33. His technique has developed to the point _______he can repair many of the electrically powered farm machines. A. when B. that C. where D. which 34.The factory has 500 workers, 40 percent _____are women. A. of which B. of whom C. of them D. of that 35. If you want to be a splendid astronaut like Yang Liwei, every minute should be made use __________ the mysterious space. A. of exploring B. to explore C. of to explore D. to be exploring 36. I was very surprised at the way _____he spoke at the meeting. A. which B. by which C. where D.不填 37．The living room is clean and tidy, with a dining table _______in the middle of it . A. lain B. lying C. lay D. being lain 38. The top student named Michael in my class could have finished the English paper on schedule, but _______ she failed. A. however B. somewhat C. anyhow D. somehow 39. All the workers believe the assembly hall _______ the curtains need to be changed _______ rebuilding. A. which; deserve B. of which; is deserved C. whose; deserves D. of which; deserves 40. Our company is searching for a designer, especially ______ with cre ativity. A. the one B. that C. one D. those 第三部分：完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。 The Price of a Dream I grew up poor, living with my wonderful mother. We had little money, but plenty of love and attention. I was 41 and energetic. I understood that no matter how poor a person was, he could still 42 a dream. My dream wa s 43 . By the time I was sixteen, I started playing baseball. I could throw a ninety-mile-per-hour fastball and 44 anything that moved on the football field. I was also 45 ; my high school coach was John, who not only believed in me, but also taught me 46 to believe
in myself. He 47 me the difference between having a dream and remaining true to that dream. One particular 48 with Coach John changed my life forever. A friend recommended me for a summer job. Thi s meant a chance for money in my pocket---money for a new bike, new clothes and the 49 of savings for a house for my mother. Then I realized I would have to 50 up summer baseball to handle the work schedule, and that meant I would have to tell John I woul dn’t be playing. When I told John, he was 51 as I expected him to be. “You have your whole life to work,” he said. “Your 52 days are limited. You can’t afford to waste them.” I stood before him with my head 53 , trying to think of the 54 that would explain to him why my dream of buying my mom a house and having money in my pocket was worth facing his 55 in me. “How much are you going to make at this job, son?” He asked. “3.5 dollars an hour,” he replied. “Well,” he asked, “ is 3.5 dollars an hour the price of a dream?” That simple question made 56 for me the difference between 57 something right now and having a 58 . I decided myself to play sports that summer and in that year I was hired by the Pittsburgh Pirates to play baseball, and was 59 a 20,000 dollars contract. In 2005, I bought my mother the house 60 my dream! 41. A. shy 42. A. afford 43. A. money 44. A. kick 45. A. lucky 46. A. why 47. A. gave 48. A. accident 49. A. start 50. A. keep 51. A. frightened 52. A. playing 53. A. moving 54. A. answers 55. A. sadness 56. A. direct 57. A. changing 58. A. goal 59. A. paid 60. A. on B. polite B. spend B. music B. hit B. popular B. how B. brought B. experience B. idea B. end B. mournful B. living B. hanging B. excuses B. regret B. bare B. wanting B. wish B. got B. for C. happy C. make C. business C. pa ss C. right C. when C. taught C. problem C. aim C. pick C. mad C. working C. shaking C. ways C. disappointment C. straight C. dreaming C. score C. offered C. by D. honest D. need D. athletics D. play D. confident D. whether D. asked D. matter D. purpose D. give D. shameful D. learning D. nodding D. words D. hopelessness D. clear D. enjoying D. desire D. presented D. of
第四部分：阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A Do you love holidays but hate the fact that you put on weight(增加体重) after the holidays? You are not alone. Holidays are happy days with pleasure and delicious foods. Many people, however, are worried about the weight that comes along with these delicious foods.
With proper planning, it is possible to control your weight. The idea is to enjoy the holidays but not to eat too much. You don’t have to turn away from the foods that you enjoy. The following suggestions may help you. ●Don’t miss meals. Before you leave home for a feast(宴会), have a small, low-fat snack. This may help to keep you from getting too excited before delicious foods. ●Begin with clear soup, fruit or vegetables. ●A large glass of water before you eat may help you feel full. ●Use a small plate. A large plate will encourage you to have more than enough. ●Better not have high-fat foods. Dishes that look oily or creamy have much fat in them. ●Choose lean meat. Fill your plate with salad and green vegetables. ●If you have a sweet tooth, try mints and fruits. They don’t have fat content as cream and chocolate. ●Don’t stop doing exercise during the holidays. A 20-minute walk after a meal can help burn off excess calories(多余的热量).
61. Holidays are happy days with pleasure but they may A. make you worried about your foods B. bring you much trouble in your life C. bring weight problems D. make you hate delicious foods
62. Many people can’t help putting on weight after the holidays because they A. turn away from the foods that they enjoy B. go to too many feasts C. enjoy delicious foods D. can’t control themselves and eat too much 63. Which of the following is NOT the suggestion given by the writer? A. Begin with lean meat. B. Drink a large glass of water before you eat. C. Have a small, low-fat snack before a feast. D. Use a small plate. B
In 1971, a young man who grew up very poor was traveling across the country, trying to make a new start for himself. Along the way he had completely run out of money and was forced to spend the night in his car. This continued until one morning, after a week of sleeping in his car, he walked nervously into a restaurant and ordered a big breakfast. After eating his first good meal in weeks, he lied to the waiter, telling him he had lost his wallet. This waiter, who was also the owner of the restaurant, walked behind the chair where the young man had been sitting. He bent down, and came up with a $20 bill that looked as if it had fallen on the floor and said, “You must have dropped this,” the owner said. The young man couldn’t believe his luck. He quickly paid for the breakfast, left a tip, bought gas with the money, and went to the West. On the way out of town, he began to understand what that man did. Maybe nobody dropped the money. “Maybe that man knew I was in trouble and he helped me in a way that didn’t hurt me. So I just made a promise to help other people if I can.” Later, he worked very hard and became a rich man. Now, he lives in Kansas City. Each year he gives away thousands of dollars. He is known as the “Secret Santa(圣诞老人)” because at Christmas time each year, he personally hands money out to those on the street and at restaurants. 64. The young man was traveling across the country in 1971 probably to A. look for a good restaurant B. hand out gifts to passers-by C. find a new job D. show his new car to others 65. The underlined word “this” in the second paragraph refers to(指的是) . A. a wallet B. the $20 bill . C. his tip D. his luck 66. From this text we can know that A. the young lent money to the poor B. the young man was not rich in the end C. Santa gives the young man money each year D. the young man carried out his promise .
67. The best title for this text may be A. Never Give Up C. A Kind Waiter in the Restaurant
. B. The Key to Success D. Secret Santa of Kansas City C
Deserts are found where there is little rainfall or where rain for a whole year falls in only a few weeks' time. Ten inches of rain may be enough for many plants to survive (存活)if the rain is spread throughout the year, If it falls, within one or two months and the rest of the year is dry, those plants may die and a desert may form. Sand begins as tiny pieces of rock that get smaller and smaller as wind and weather wear them down. Sand dunes (沙丘) are formed as winds move the sand across the desert. Bit by bit, the dunes grow over the years, always moving with the winds and changing the shape. Most of them are only a few feet tall, but they can grow to be several hundred feet high. There is, however, much more to a desert than sand. In the deserts of the southwestern United States, cliffs (悬崖) and deep valleys were formed from thick mud that once lay beneath a sea more than millions of years ago. O ver the centuries, the water dried up. Wind, sand , rain, heat and cold all wore away at the remaining rocks. The faces of the desert mountains are always changing —very, very slowly —as these forces of nature continue to work on the rock. Most deserts have a surprising variety of life. There are plants, animals and insects that :have adapted to life in the desert. During the heat of the day, a visitor may see very few signs of living things, but as the air begins to cool in the evening, the desert comes to life. As the sun begins to rise again in the sky, the desert once again becomes quiet and lonely. 68. Many plants may survive in deserts when___________. A. it is dry all the year round B. the rain falls only in a few weeks C. there is little rain in a year D. the rain is spread out in a year 69. Sand dunes are formed when___________. A. sand piles up gradually B. there is plenty of rain in a year C. the sea has dried up over the years D. pieces of rock get smaller
70. The underlined sentence in the third paragraph probably means that in a desert there is_________. A. too much sand C. something else besides sand A. life exists in rough conditions B. there is no rainfall throughout the year C. all sand dunes are a few feet high D. rocks are worn away only by wind and heat D My father and I started our morning by moving quickly into the local store. I waited in the line at t he Starbucks counter while he shopped around to pick up a few things. As I was starting there I become aware of an elderly women, with untidy hair, wearing layers up on layers of old clothing, hunchbacked (弯背的) behind me in line. She had a few things for washing and seemed to want the Starbucks cashier to ring up since that queue was shorter than the queues in the store. At some point I became aware of her edging (慢慢挪动) closer behind me — closer than I was comfortable with! I instinctively (本能地) placed a hand over my purse and drew it close to me. My fear and imagination raced creating wild stories about this homeless woman who might try to ste al from me. Then it was my turn to order. As the cashier rang Ypsilanti my total, I discovered I was 67 cents s hort. I called my father but he was hard of hearing. He asked me to repeat what I said but he still cou ldn’t make me out. At that point, a long, grey arm, with holes in its sleeves, reached over from behind me. She laid 67 cents out on the counter, saying, “Here, we all need some help sometimes.” I was stunned! Here was a woman who clearly had very little to give and was i n great need herself. I had judged her wrongly and she had offered to reach out to help me! What an amazing gift and lesson this woman gave me about judging others! Thank you, God! 72. From the passage, we can learn that the elderly women _________. A. probably lived a poor life B. tried to steal money from the writer C. always followed close behind the writer D. often went to the store to buy a few things. 73. The elderly woman decided to help the writer_____________. A. the moment she saw the writer B. when she noticed the writer watching her C. after the writer failed to get help from her father D. when the writer discovered she was 67 cents short 74. The underline word “stunned” in paragraph 5 probably means “_________”. A. happy B. surprised C. angry D. disappointed 75. What lesson does the writer learn from the story? A. We should look at things from two sides. B. It’s wise to give help to those in need. C. The world is full of love and surprises. D. Never judge a person from his appearance. B. more sand than before D. nothing except sand
71. It can be learned from the text that in a desert____________.
第五部分：根据首字母或所给中文提示写出单词的正确形式（每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 76. The things d___________ to the people who were suffering from the flood were of great help. 77. There are strong __________ (争论) for and against building the subway in Wuxi. 78. He is always finding f_________ with others and does badly himself. 79. It is not easy for a Chinese person to speak English as f__________ as a native English speaker. 80. He s________ against cancer for two years and died last month. 81. Will Tracy go to Beijing or Nanjing after graduation? The f_____ seems more likely. After all, there are more chances to find good jobs in the capital. 82. When seeing the little bit of p aper on the ground, the cleaner b_____ down and picked it up. 83. The police ordered the witness keep them i________ of what was going on. 84. Children should be encouraged to be ________ （独立的） thinkers. 85. You are s______ to support your parents at their old age now that they have brought you up. 第六部分：根据所给中文完成句子（共 10 个组合，每个组合 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 请将答案写在答卷纸相应的题号的横线上。 86. ______ ______ ________(回顾)my childhood, I still think of it as the happiest time in my life. 87. We have a modern medical centre and experienced nurses ______ ______ ________(务必， 确保)that we take good care of every student. 88. He thinks ________ ______ ________ in a subject is the key to learning it well. 他认为培养对一门学科的兴趣是学好这门学科的关键。 89. When I told Adam about the difficulty I had learning French grammar, he ________ _______ _________ （坚持帮我）me with it. 90. High school girls in the country ______ _____ (forbid) to wear long hair at that moment, which you may think quite strange. 91. They cheered up _____ _____ they heard the news that Shenzhou 10 was launched into space successfully. 一听到。 。 。的消息，他们欢呼起来。 92. _____ his parents’ _____, he achieved success after he had experienced a lot of hardships. 令他父母满意的是，在经历了许多艰难之后他取得了成功 93. On arrival, they began to _______ _______ _______ holding a concert. 一到达，他们就开始为举行音乐会做准备。
94. I _______ ______ (同意）your earning some money, but please don’t neglect your studies. 95. It will take about 10 years for everything to ______ ______ ________ after the big earthquake. 一切回归正常将要花费大约十年的时间。 七． 书面表达 （20 分） Write a short passage according to the instructions below. （字数：130--150） 1. 你们的英语俱乐部创办于 2 年前，许多对它感兴趣的人都来参加，包括一些大学生和外国朋友。 在这儿，你们一起练习英语口语、 谈论喜欢的话题、交流学习英语的经验。 2. 下星期，俱乐部想举办一个聚会（get-together） ，你想邀请朋友 Mickey 来参加一些有趣的活动。 今天早上，你来看他，他碰巧不在，于是留下一张带地图的便条，告诉他按地图中的路线走就 可以到达英语俱乐部。 3. 提醒你的朋友不准带小狗，要尽可能地说英语 English club Gym
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~
Science lab Garden Library
School Gate Dear Mickey,
班 级_________ 姓 名_________ 考试号_________
第五部分：单词拼写（满分 5 分） 76. ________ __ 77. __________ 87. __________
第六部分：完成句子（满分 5 分）
86. __________ __________ __________
87. __________ __________ __________
88. __________ __________ __________
89. __________ __________ __________
90. __________ __________
91. __________ __________
92. __________， __________
93. __________ __________ __________
94. __________ __________
95. __________ __________ __________
第七部分 书面表达（满分 20 分） Dear Mickey,
听力：1-5 ACBCC 6-10 ACBCB 11-15 AACCC 16-20 BBACA 单项：21—25 DACCC 26—30 AADDA 31—35DDCBC 完形：41—45 CADBA 46—50 BCBAD 36--40DBDDC 51—55 CABDC
阅读：61—63 CDA 单词拼写：76. donated 80. struggled
64—67 CBDD 77. arguments 81. former
68—71 DACA 78. fault 82. bent
79. fluently 83. informed 88. Developing an interest 91. the moment
84. independent 85. supposed 完成句子：86. Looking back on 87.to make sure 89. Insisted on helping 92. To, satisfaction 94. approve of 书面表达： Dear Mickey, 90. were forbidden
93. make preparations for 95. return to normal
Our English club was started two years ago. Those who are interested in it have come to join it, including many foreign friends and college students. In the club we practice speaking English and talk about some topics we are fond of. We also like to exchange some experience in learning English with each other. Next week our club is to hold a get-together. I’d like to invite you to take part in many interesting activities here. This morning I came to see you but you happened to be out, so I left you a note with a map .Following the map below, you can get to our club. When you get to the school gate, you’ll see a garden in front of you with the teaching building on the right and the library and the science lab on the left. Go westward along the garden until you reach the turning. Then make a right turn .Go straight ahead past the library and the science lab until you come to a small river. After you cross the bridge over it, you’ll see two buildings ahead. On the left is the very English club you want to look for. Besides, I must remind you not to take along your dog with you to the club. You must also speak English as often as possible.