考试时间：100 分钟 第I卷 总分：100 分 满分 60 分）
一 单项填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. I went to the US for______
_ education for two years in the 1990s, which was _______enjoyable and exciting experience for me. A. an ; / B. / ; a C. / ; an D. a ; / 2. --I used to_______ up late playing online games. --So did I. But I ?ve now got used to_______ to bed early. A. stay ; going B. staying ; going C. stay ; go D. staying ; go 3. All the buses were late that morning _______ heavy traffic, but I managed to get to school on time. A. along with B. due to C. except for D. as to 4. --Have you decided to fly to Guilin, Mark? --Yes, this time next week we _______ the beautiful scenery there. A. are enjoying B. have enjoyed C. shall be enjoying D. have been enjoying 5. --Guess who did I meet on my first day in the new company! Nina, my old classmate. --It was quite a(n) _______. A. accident B. riddle C. coincidence D. incident 6. I felt my heart _______ so fast. A. beating B. striking C. beat D. hitting 7. We should never answer the phone when we are driving—it might_______ serious accidents. A. turn to B. belong to C. lead to D. apply to 8. Your parents were badly anxious for you. You _______ home without saying a word. A. mustn‘t leave B. shouldn‘t have left C. couldn‘t have left D. needn‘t have 9. Next week, the professor _______ to New York for a three-day meeting. A. has flown B. will be flying C. is flying D. would fly 10. All the employees except the manager _______ to work online at home. A. encourages B. encourage C. is encouraged D. are encouraged 11. We are going to have a picnic next week. Will you _______ us ? A. take part in B. go in for C. join D. join in 12. Do some warm-up exercises before swimming. _______, you may hurt yourself easily. A. Therefore B. Meanwhile C. However D. Otherwise 13.To succeed, online firms need to listen carefully to their customers, paying attention to valuing_______ they do and don‘t want. A. which B. what C. that D. how 14. To the disappointment of all, the missing Malaysia Flight MH 370 remains_______. A. somewhere to be found B. nowhere to find C. anywhere to find D. nowhere to be found
15. --Has Nancy gone back to her home in the UK? --Yes. She_______ here only for several days with her friends. A. stayed B. is staying C. stays D. has stayed 16. Considering road safety, bicycles should not be allowed on the pavement, as riding bicycles on the pavement_______ be dangerous to pedestrians(行人). A. must B. shall C. can D. need 17. An argument has been put forward _______ RealCine is provided, users will be able to do things that could never be achieved in real life. A. if B. that C. if that D. that if 18. It is high time that we _______ a budget for the project. A. make B. could make C. made D. must make 19. When it comes to _______ in public, no one can match him. A. speak B. speaking C. being spoken D. be spoken 20. ---Every time when I find my mother is busy, I will offer to help her and soon we can finish all the work. --- I can understand it, _______. A. No pains, no gains B. Great minds think alike C. Many hands make light work D. All roads lead to Rome 二 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） It was the last day of the final examination in a large eastern university. On the steps of one building, a group of students were talking about the exam that was going to begin in a few 21 .On their faces was confidence. This was their 22 exam—then on to graduation and jobs. Some talked of jobs they already had, others talked of jobs they 23 get. With the certainty of four years of college, they felt 24 and able to take control of the world. The coming exam, they knew, would be a（n） 25 task, as the professor had said they could bring 26 books or notes they wanted, requesting only that they did not 27 each other during the test. 28 they entered the classroom. The professor passed out the papers. And smiles 29 on the students‘ faces as they found there were only five questions. Three hours had passed 30 the professor began to collect papers. The students no longer looked confident. On their faces was a frightened expression. Papers in hand, no one spoke as the professor faced the class. He looked at the 31 faces before him, and then asked: ―How many completed all five questions?‖ 32 a hand was raised. “How many answered four?‖ Still no hand. “Three? Two?‖ The students moved restlessly in their seats. “One, then? Certainly somebody finished 33 .‖ But the class remained silent. The professor put down the papers. ―That is exactly what I 34 ,‖ he said. ―I just want you to know that, although you have completed four years of study, there are 35 many things about the 36 you don‘t know. These questions you could not answer are relatively common in everyday 37 .‖ Then, smiling, he added, ―You will all 38 this course, but remember—even though you are now college graduates, your education had just 39 .‖ The years have weakened the name of the professor, but not the 40 he taught.
21. A. seconds 22. A. only 23. A. would 24. A. glad 25. A. interesting 26. A. no 27. A. listen to 28. A. Hardly 29. A. appeared 30. A. then 31. A. pleased 32. A. Not 33. A. all 34. A. wondered 35. A. even 36. A. exam 37. A. job 38. A. pass 39. A. begun 40. A. subject
B. minutes B. first B. must B. ready B. necessary B. either B. look at B. Happily B. changed B. as B. worried B. Once B. none B. enjoyed B. already B. subject B. class B. fail B. completed B. things
C. hours C. very C. had to C. sorry C. easy C. any C. care for C. Quickly C. failed C. before C. surprised C. Only C. one C. hated C. so C. question C. practice C. take C. failed C. words
D. days D. last D. used to D. nice D. unusual D. some D. talk to D. Carefully D. stopped D. after D. moved D. Even D. it D. expected D. still D. college D. study D. start D. succeeded D. lessons
三 阅读理解（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） A At first Kate thought the Romanian girl could not speak and understand English. Nadia would not reply to anything Kate said. Kate was in charge of showing Nadia around on her first day at Buckminster Grade School. Kate wondered aloud. ―I mean, you can‘t learn if you can‘t understand the teacher.‖ Nadia‘s voice was a whisper. ―I understand English. I will learn.‖ Nadia‘s English was perfect. Kate was perplexed. She couldn‘t understand why Nadia did not like to speak. Then she realized that moving to a new country probably wasn‘t the easiest thing to do. There were hundreds of unfamiliar and unusual things to learn------all at the same time. ―There‘re a lot of new things to learn, huh?‖ said Kate. Nadia nodded rapidly. In a quiet voice she replied. ―Many things people say, I do not understand. I have been speaking English and Romanian all my life, but I do not know what some children are saying. For example, yesterday a boy asked if I could help him find the USB port on a thin black box he was carrying. Isn‘t a port a place for ships? It made no sense to me.‖ ―Don‘t worry,‖ said Kate, ―You‘ll figure everything out in time. You see, that thin black box was a computer. A USB port is a place where you can connect other machines to a computer.‖ Nadia and Kate were quiet after that. They took notes while the teacher gave a maths lesson. To Kate‘s surprise, Nadia offered to answer questions at the blackboard. She handled every question the teacher gave her. Some of the questions were really difficult. And no one understood what was going on except Nadia and the teacher. When the teacher said that Nadia answered everything correctly, the
whole class clapped their hands. Nadia was smiling when she sat back down next to Kate. ―Some things,‖ she said in a normal voice, ―are the same all over the world.‖ 41. The underlined word ―perplexed‖ probably means _______. A. puzzled B. angry C. shocked D. serious 42. What is the message of the story? A. Talking about something familiar gives you confidence in communication. B. Answering questions in class makes you better understood by classmates. C. Language plays an important role in communication between cultures. D. Mathematics helps to improve communication between cultures. B Letter to Editor of TV Weekly Dear Sir/Madam, I read Alison Burnham‘s review of When we were 12, and I do not agree with her. I thought the programme was wonderful---I found the old news pictures really interesting--- they helped to bring to life the stories the people were telling. The programme reminds me of many things from my own childhood. For example, one day when I was about five, I was going to school on the bus by myself (this was the late 1960s). My mother had given me exactly the right money for a return ticket. I held out my hand with the money in it – one big coin on top of one little coin. The bus conductor took the big top coin only and she gave me a ticket, but it was a pink one for a single journey, I needed a white for a return journey, but I was too frightened to say anything. When school finished for the day, I couldn‘t catch the bus home --- I had to walk. As a grown-up, whenever I‘ve been in a situation where I need to say something or take some action, this early memory of my bus ride comes back to me, and I‘m able to take control of the situation. I would like to say to the director, Bret Chrysler, carry on making this kind of programme. Too much TV these days in quiz shows and so-called ―reality programmes.‖ I appreciate the human story that can make me laugh and cry. Yours faithfully, Chris Daniels 43. What is Chris Daniels‘ purpose of writing this letter? A. To persuade Bret Chrysler to turn away from quiz shows B. To entertain other readers with old news pictures C. To express his appreciation of the programme. D. To have his story told on the programme. 44. Chris Daniels tells the story about the bus ticket to ____. A. describe how painful his early experience was B. draw a direct response (反应) from Alison Burnham C. show how the programme made him think D. teach the readers of TV Weekly a lesson
45. According to the passage, Chris Daniels had to walk home because ____. A. he hadn‘t got a return ticket B. he had lost his bus ticket C. he didn‘t like big crowds D. he missed the bus home 46. What does Chris Daniels now think about his experience on the bus? A. He should have told the conductor then. B. He should have been well treated. C. He regrets going to school alone. D. He wished it hadn‘t happened. C Liu Xiang, a 21-year-old Chinese athlete, got the gold medal of the fascinating men‘s 110m hurdles before a crowd of 70,000 at the Olympic Stadium in the 28th Olympics in Athens late Friday local time. He clocked an excellent 12.91 seconds to equal the world record set by Britain‘s Collin Jackson in 1993. It is the first gold Chinese men‘s athlete has ever won from the track and field in the Olympics history. China has won over 100 gold medals from the summer Olympic Games since 1984 but its male athletes only got one medal from Olympics‘ most popular sport, the track and field. The Shanghai native, with his father a truck driver and mother an out-of-work housewife, loved sports when he was very little. Liu was selected to the Junior Sports School of Putuo District of Shanghai to practice jumping as a fourth grader in the primary school. But after a bone test showing that he will not be able to become a tall man, Liu was asked to give up sports one year later, although he had won the national champion at that level. In 1998 when he attracted coach Sun Haiping‘s attention as a 15-year-old jumper, Sun was a well-known hurdle coach and he believed a star was born at the first sight of Liu. He visited Liu‘s parents several times and finally persuaded them to let Liu transfer to the 110m hurdles. After only three years, Liu launched his career in style in the IAAF Grand Prix in Lausanne in 2001 by breaking the world youth and Asian record with a time of 13.12. But the first warning he sent to the world was his bronze-winning feat（战绩）at the world indoor championships in Birmingham, England, last year. In 2004, Liu won the silver in the world indoor championships in Budapest in March. Two months later, he proved the winner in a race against American great Allen Johnson in the IAAF Grand Prix in Osaka, Japan, where he clocked a new Asian record and world‘s season best time of 13.06 seconds. He went on to win two Johnson-absent races in Lille, France, on June 26 and Zagreb, Croatia, three days later. He put up an exciting show at the Golden Gala meet in Rome on July 3, when he and Johnson clocked an identical time of 13.11. Race officials had to examine a photo finish to declare Johnson the winner. Liu did a better job of clearing the hurdles than Johnson, but Johnson‘s stronger start ended up making the difference. The race boosted（提高） Liu‘s optimism(乐观) for the Olympics, although Johnson bettered his season best time by 0.01 second in Lausanne,
Switzerland, on July 6. The world has put the Olympics a Johnson-Liu duel but surprisingly Johnson crashed out of the Games after falling at the ninth hurdle at round 2. Johnson‘s early exit paved the way for Liu‘s win. He finally took the gold medal and put a Chinese man‘s name on the record book. 47. According to Paragraph One, which of the following is TRUE? A. Liu Xiang is the fastest of the mentioned athletes. B. Liu Xiang has set a new world record in the event of the men‘s 110m hurdles. C. Both Liu Xiang and Jackson got a gold medal at the Athens Olympics. D. In the Olympics history, Liu Xiang is the fastest in this event. 48. Before the 28th Olympics in Athens, . A. no Chinese athlete got a gold medal from the track and field at the Olympics B. there was already a Chinese male medal winner in the track and field at the Olympics C. Terrence Trammell got a gold medal from the men‘s hurdles at the Sydney Olympics D. Zhu Jianhua got a bronze medal from the men‘s hurdles in the 1984 Los Angeles Games 49. In the last paragraph, the underlined word ―duel‖ most probably means ― A. competition B. friendship C. partner . D. company 50. From the passage, we can conclude that ‖.
A. Liu Xiang had no gift for jumping when he was a little boy B. Liu Xiang set a new world youth record when he was 17 years old C. Liu Xiang has succeeded because of his coach Sun D. Johnson might have won the gold medal if he had not dropped out
第 II 卷
非选择题（共四节，满分 40 分）
第一节：任务型阅读： （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） A 10-year-old boy decided to learn judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a car accident. The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo teacher. The boy was doing well, so he couldn‘t understand why, after three months of training, the master had taught him only one move. ― Master,‖ the boy finally said, ―shouldn‘t I be learning more moves?‖ ― This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you‘ll ever need to know,‖ the teacher replied. Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training. Several months later, the teacher took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy skillfully used his one move to win the match. Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the final. This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy
appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the judge called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the teacher appeared. ― No,‖ the teacher insisted, ―Let him continue.‖ Soon after the match continued, his opponent made a mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy won the match and the tournament. He was the champion. On the way home, the boy and the teacher reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy got up the courage to ask what was really on his mind. ― Teacher, how did I win the tournament with only one move?‖ The teacher answered. ― First, you‘ve almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. Second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm.‖ Title: One‘s weakness can become his (51) A boy decided to learn judo (52) he had lost left arm.
After three months of training, the master taught him only one move. His first (53) First three matches He won.
His opponent was more (54) built and had more (55) . At the (56) , the boy seemed to be overmatched. The judge (57) that the boy might get hurt and called a time-out. His opponent made a mistake. The boy used his move and pinned him. He (58) won the match.
1． He had almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. 2．The only (60) for the opponent to win the match was to grab his left arm.
第二节：单词拼写 根据所给中文或首字母写出相应单词的正确形式（共 10 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 61. The 2012 Nobel Prize in L_______ was awarded to Mo Yan. 62. In an e______ ,dial 911 for police, the fire department or an ambulance. 63. After you’ve g_______ some experience teaching abroad, you can get a job. 64. There is convincing e___________ of a link between exposure to sun and skin cancer. 65. We must encourage the planting of new trees and p________ our existing woodlands.
66. According to Carla, they should reach their___________(目的地) by about mid-afternoon. 67. The Great Wall of China as well as many other famous buildings ____________(代表) the ancient civilization of China. 68. _____________(下定了决心) to lift his family from poverty, the poor man left his village and worked in a big city. 69. There was total agreement to start the peace _________(进程) as soon as possible. 70. There are normally three __________(评委) for the national poetry competition. 第三节：用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空（共 10 空，每空 0.5 分；满分 5 分） 71.The judge praised the firefighters for their bravery and___________(devote）to duty. 72. It’s important that parents should allow their children some___________(independent). 73. You’ll need a variety of skills, ___________(include) leadership. 74. My uncle likes to fight it out whenever others ___________(agree) him. 75. The shady trees provide___________(protect) against the burning rays of the sun. 76. Jenny had to tidy the classroom as___________(punish) for being late. 77. It is a great__________(relieve) to have rain after a long drought. A good harvest can be expected this autumn. 78. In American___________(spell), ―travelled‖ only has one ―l‖. 79. Outwardly the young girl looked confident but in reality she felt___________(extreme) nervous. 80. This book provides a detailed___________(analyze) of teenagers‘ crime and their causes. 第四节：书面表达（共 1 题，满分 20 分） 假如你是某英文报刊的通讯员， 请根据以下表格以“A Big Fire in Tianjin”为题，写一 篇简单报道，并发表你的看法。 起因 持续时间 参加救火人员 伤亡人数 经济损失 影响 一青年工人吸烟 一个多星期 数千名消防队员及当地村民 145 人死亡，约 28 人失踪 至少 2000 万美元 震惊全国
注意： 1. 对所给要点逐一陈述，适当发挥，不要简单翻译。 2. 词数 120 左右。 参考词汇：经济损失 economic losses; 消防队员 firefighter
单项选择 1-5 CABCC 完形填空 21-25 BDABC 阅读理解 41-42 AA, 任务型阅读 51．strength 55．experience
31---35 BACDD 36---40 BCAAD
58．finally／eventually 单词拼写 1. Literature 6. destination
2. emergency 3. gained 4. evidence 5. preserve 7. represents 8. Determined 9. process 10. judges
适当形式填空 1. devotion 2. independence 6. punishment 7. relief
3. including 8. spelling
4. disagree 9. extremely
5. protection 10. analysis
写作：（供参考） A Big Fire in Tianjin A terrible fire broke out on August 12th in Tianjin in the northeast of China. The fire, which resulted from the smoking of a careless young man, lasted more than one week and caused economic losses of about 20 million dollars. What‘s worse, 145 persons lost their lives in the fire and about 28 persons went missing, along with even more people seriously injured as a result of the fire. Thousands of firefighters and local villagers fought together and they finally managed to put out the great fire. The fire astonished the whole nation. In my personal opinion, fire is very important in our life but sometimes it can be very dangerous, so we‘d better be careful with it. Meanwhile, we should pay more attention to the safety of our living surroundings.