吉林一中 15 级高一上学期期中检测 英语试卷
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）。考试结束，将本试卷和答题卡一并 交回。（满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟） 第 I 卷（选择题） 第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂 到答题卡上。 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题
1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Which of the following subjects interests the woman most? A. Japanese. B. Science. C. Geography. 2. What can we infer from the conversation? A. The man rescued 500 dogs. B. The woman is from Beijing. C. The man stands by animal lovers. 3. How much can be saved if the man buys the laptop on December 30th? A. $ 80. A. Windy and cloudy. B. $ 200. C. $ 780. C. Rainy and windy. 4. How is the weather going to be this afternoon? B. Sunny and warm. 5. What can we know from the conversation? A. The next train to London leaves at 16:35. B. The man will take the direct train to London. C. The train leaves Birmingham from Platform 8. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What do the speakers decide to do? A. Learn how to paint. A. In several hours. B. See an art exhibition. B. In a few days. C. Exhibit their paintings. C. In a couple of weeks 7. When should the speakers arrive at national gallery of art? 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. What is the man doing now? A. Booking a room. B. Applying for a passport. C. Checking out of the hotel.
9. What does the woman give to the man? A. The key and passport. B. The change and receipt. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Why does the woman ask for help? A. Her employee has been fired. B. Her machine can’t work properly. C. She wants to have her clothes washed. 11. Who does the woman intend to complain to? A. The employer. B. A Chinese couple. C. The man’s parents C. Starting a new business. 12. What does the man suggest? A. Turning to others for help. B. Moving to New Jersey. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What does the man order for starters for himself? A. One beef stew. A. 4. B. 3. B. Tomato soup. C. 2. C. A mixed salad 14. How many kinds of food can’t the man order in the restaurant? 15. How does the man choose the wine? A. He chooses it from the list. B. The waitress recommends it to him. C. His wife helps him make a decision. 16. What is not mentioned in the conversation? A. Appetizers. B. Dessert. C. The main course. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What can we know about Teacher’s books? A. They are popular with teachers. B. They are hard to find in the market. C. They are seldom bought by teachers. 18. Which of the following has been made into a movie? A. Never Fade Away. 19. Who is the man speaking to? A. Students. A. 3. B. 4. B. Teachers. C. 5. C. Publishers. 20. How many books does the man recommend? B. Finishing School. C. Goodbye, Mr. Chips. C. The receipt and key.
第二部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 A
Populations and Land (1987) Area in Square miles United States Canada United Kingdom Australia India China 3615104 3851792 94525 2967896 1269340 3705390 Percent Cultivated 20 5 29 6 51 11 Population In millions 243.8 25.9 56.8 16.2 800.3 1062.0 Percent forested 28 33 9 14 21 14
21. Which two countries are the closest to each other in area? A. The US and Canada C. The US and China A. China, India C. India, the US A. The US and the United Kingdom. C. Australia and Canada． A. 2 B. 3 D. China, the US B. The US and China D. Australia and China C. 4 B London’s Chinese community (社区) dates back to the 18th century, when a small number of Chinese sailors (水手) moved to the city to work in Lime house, east London. As time went on, other Chinese people came to this area and Lime house began to be known as "Chinatown". At the start of the 20th century, there were just 545 Chinese people in Britain. However, this situation changed greatly after the Second World War. At this time, many farmers in Hong Kong lost their jobs, and decided to move to London. In the 1950s, a small Chinese restaurant opened in central London. Many British people visited it and said that Chinese food was wonderful. Suddenly, Chinese restaurants started opening in every part of the city. Instead of too little work, the new Chinese immigrants (移民) now found that they had too much. Most of the new immigrants enjoyed their life and the chances they were offered. Many asked their friends and relatives to join them from their hometowns, and a lot of families were reunited again at this time. As time went by, London’s Chinese community became more and more successful. The sons and daughters of the first restaurant workers, encouraged by their parents, studied very hard at school and university. And most got highly-paid jobs. As a result, increasing numbers of Chinese families left Chinatown and moved to the more expensive places. Chinatown, however, is still as lively as ever, and a must-see for every visitor to London. 25. From the passage, we can learn that the first members of "China town" were _____. D. 5 23. Which two countries have the closest percentage of cultivated land? B. China and Canada D. India and China B. India, China
22. _____ has the highest population density(密度), and _____ has the second highest.
24. There are _____ countries whose cultivated land percentage is larger than the forest percentage.
A. restaurant workers C. Hong Kong farmers
B. early Chinese sailors D. visitors to London
26. What does the author mean by the underlined sentence in Paragraph 1? A. Lime house was influenced by World War II. B. The number of Chinese people in Britain increased after the war. C. Many Hong Kong farmers lost their jobs because of the war. D. The new immigrants found it hard to find jobs during the war. 27. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Before the 20th century, "China town" in London was still very small. B. In the 1950s, Chinese food became quite popular in Britain. C. Most of the new immigrants could find a job in the 1950s. D. With the help of the British government, Chinatown was very successful. 28. According to the passage, now most of the Chinese living in London _________. A. are clever C. have highly-paid jobs B. work long hours D. live an unhappy life C One day while walking along the bank of a river, a rabbit couple saw a wounded(受伤的) ant lying unconsciously(没有直觉地) on the grass. The rabbit couple gently put the ant on the leaf of a nearby plant. She soon recovered(恢复) and saw the rabbit couple sitting beside her. The ant remembered that she had found herself under the foot of a cat by chance and fainted(晕倒). She asked how she reached the leaf top. The rabbit couple told her what had happened. The ant thanked them and said she would help them when they needed help. The rabbit couple went further up the river to enjoy the bright sun. They had been there many times and would spend many hours playing and relaxing in the sun. One fine day, the couple were again on their way to the river while the ant was playing on the leaf of a tree. She saw the rabbit couple walking towards the river. A few hours later she saw them sleeping peacefully on the soft grass by the river. Suddenly she saw a lion moving towards the grass where the rabbit couple were sleeping. The lion saw the rabbits sleeping, and started walking quietly to attack them. Realizing the hazard getting close to the rabbits, the ant jumped from the leaf to the lion’s shoulder and bit(咬) the lion’s back. The lion cried out in pain, waking the rabbit couple. The rabbits ran away quickly and the ant jumped off the lion’s back into the grass. A white pigeon(鸽子) who watched this event cheered at the courage(勇气) of the ant and told the whole story to the rabbits. The rabbit couple were moved and thanked the ant. They became best friends. 29. The underlined word “hazard” in the fifth paragraph probably means “_____”. A. reality B. warning C. experience D. danger 30. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. The ant was hurt by the lion. B. The ant was small but clever. C. The white pigeon was as brave as the ant. D. The lion wanted to play a joke on the rabbit couple. 31. According to the passage, which is the correct order of the following events? a. The ant jumped into the grass to hide. b. The ant bit the lion’s back. c. The lion moved towards the rabbit couple. d. The rabbit couple saved the ant. e. The ant saw the rabbit couple sleeping on the grass. A. d,c,e,a,b B. d,e,c,b,a C. e,c,b,a,d D. c,d,e,b,a 32. From the first three paragraphs, we can learn that _____. A. the rabbit couple put the ant on the leaf of a plant to hide her B. the ant was wounded after fighting with a cat C. the rabbit couple and the ant knew each other very well before D. the rabbit couple often went to the river D Education is not an end, but a means to an end. In other words, we do not educate children only for the purpose of educating them. Our purpose is to fit them for life. In some modern countries it has for some time been fashionable to think that by free education for all whether rich or poor, clever or stupid, one can solve all the problems of society and build a perfect nation. But we can already see that free education for all is not enough: we find in such countries a far larger number of people with university degrees; they refuse to do what they think “low” work; and in fact, work with hands is thought to be dirty and shameful. But we have only to think a moment to understand that the work of a completely uneducated farmer is far more important than that of a professor; we can live without education, but we die if we have no food. If no one cleaned our streets and took the rubbish away from our houses, we would get terrible diseases in our towns. In fact, when we say that all of us must be educated to fit us for life, it means that we are educated in such a way that, firstly, each of us can do whatever work suited to his brains and ability, and secondly, that we realize that all jobs are necessary to society, and that it is very bad to be ashamed of one’s work. Only such a type of education can be considered valuable to society. 33. The writer of this passage thinks that________. A. free education for all probably leads to a perfect world B. free education can solve all of the world’s problems C. free education won’t help to solve social problems D. all the social problems can’t be solved by free education
34. The writer wants to prove that ___________. A. a farmer is more important than a professor B. our society needs all kinds of jobs C. our society needs free education for all D. people with university degrees earn more money 35. According to the passage, ____________. A. work with hands is low work B. work with hands is dirty and shameful C. work with hands is the most important D. we can’t regard work with hands as low work 36. The purpose of education is ___________. A. to prepare children for their future life B. to let everyone receive education C. to choose a system of education D. to prepare children for well-paid jobs E If you have a chance to go to Finland, you will probably be surprised to find how “foolish” the Finnish people are. Take the taxi drivers for example. Taxis in Finland are mostly high-class Benz with a fare of two US dollars a kilometer. You can go anywhere in one, tell the driver to drop you at any place, say that you have some business to attend to, and then walk off without paying your fare. The driver would not show the least sign of anxiety. The dining rooms in all big hotels not only serve their guests, but also serve outside diners. Hotel guests have their meals free, so they naturally go to the free dining rooms to have their meals. The most they would do to show their good faith is to wave their registration card to the waiter. With such a loose check, you can easily use any old registration card to take a couple of friends to dine free of charge. The Finnish workers are paid by the hour. They are very much on their own as soon as they have agreed with the boss on the rate(价钱). From then on, they just say how many hours they have worked and they will be paid accordingly(相应地). With so many loopholes(漏洞) in everyday life, surely Finland must be a heaven to those who love to take “petty advantages”. But the strange thing is, all the taxi passengers would always come back to pay their fare after they have attended to their business; not a single outsider has ever been found in the free hotel dining rooms. And workers always give an honest account of the exact hours they put in. As the Finns always act on good faith in everything they do, living in such a society has turned everyone into a real “gentleman”. In a society of such high moral practice, what need is there for people to be on guard against others?
37. While taking a taxi in Finland, _____. A. a passenger can go anywhere without having to pay the driver B. a passenger pays two US dollars for a taxi ride C. a passenger can never be turned down by the taxi driver wherever he wants to go D. a passenger needs to provide good faith demonstration (证明) before leaving without paying 38. We know from the passage that big hotels in Finland ________. A. are mostly poorly managed B. provide meals for any diners C. provide free wine and charge for food D. provide meal for only those who live in the hotels 39. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. The workers in Finland are paid by the hour. B. The workers are always honest with their working hours. C. The workers and their bosses will make an agreement in advance about the pay. D. The bosses in Finland are too busy to check the working hours of their employees. 40. The word “those” in the last but one paragraph probably refers to _____. A. people who are dishonest C. people who often take taxis B. people who often have meals in big hotels D. people who are worthy of trust
第三部分：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白 处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 When I was 15, I announced to my English class that I was going to write my own books. All the students nearly fell out of their chairs, term.” I was 43 41 me. “Don’t be 42 . Only geniuses (天才) can become writers,” the English teacher said sarcastically(讽刺地). “And you are getting a D this deeply and I burst into tears. 44 dreams and mailed it to the Capper’s 46 45 , they published it, and sent me two dollars. I was a (an) 47 . I’d sold the first thing I’d ever written. 49 , friends or my That night I wrote a short, sad poem about Weekly newspaper. To my
writer! I showed my teacher and fellow students. They laughed again. “Just plain dumb luck (纯属 侥幸) ,” the teacher said. However, I’d tasted filled with my published family again. They were By the time I graduated from high school (with a C-minus average), I had scrapbooks (剪贴簿) 48 . I never talked about my writing to my 50 killers, and if people must choose between their friends and their 51 about life. It took me nine months, 53 , “I wrote this book 55 . Thank you.” I mailed it
dreams, they must always choose their dreams. Later, I wrote a book about what I understood and just like a (an) myself, I 54 52 . I chose a publisher and wrote a letter, which
you like it. Chapters(章节) 6 and 12 are my
without an envelope.
A month later, I
a letter, and a request to start working on
book. Crying Wind 58 . I just 59 , I’m
became a bestseller, and was translated into 15 languages. People ask what college I attended, what degrees I have, and what qualifications (品质) I have to be a writer. The answer is write. I’m not a genius, and I’m not gifted. I just write. To all those who dream of shouting at you, “Yes, you can do it. 41. A. listening to B. talking about 42. A. silly 43. A. hurt 44. A. strange 45. A. regret 46. A. welcomed 47. A. success 48. A. poems 49. A. parents 50. A. time 51. A. did 52. A. baby 53. A. wrote 54. A. demand 56. A. accepted 57. A. others 58. A. many 59. A. success 60. A. must B. discouraged B. cheated B. unusual B. surprise B. paid B. failure B. works B. hobby B. saw B. plant B. read B. think B. received B. the other B. none B. being famous B. can C. luck C. letters C. thought C. heard C. animal C. showed C. hope C. dreams C. signed C. other C. some C. writing C. need C. publishers D. dream D. felt D. boy D. told D. suggest D. reasons D. kept D. another D. few D. being rich D. should C. laughing at C. shy C. struck C. beautiful C. joy C. honored D. pain D. jokes D. teachers D. pride D. hit D. broken D. disappointment D. educated D. looking at 60
! Don’t listen to them!” Writing is easy. It’s fun, and anyone
55. A. explanations B. favourites
第四部分：单项选择（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以入空白处的最佳选项，在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 61. —Have you known Dr. Jackson for a long time? —Yes, since she _____ the club. A. has joined B. joined in C. had joined D. joined D. far more expensive 62. The shoes are _____ than I expected. A. far expensive A. sat B. far too expensive C. took C. far much expensive D. put 63. As soon as the children _____ themselves in their seats in the theatre, the curtain went up. B. settled 64. —Who called just now, Sam? —It’s Terry. She asked _____. A. that Alice was in B. if was Alice in
C. if Alice was in A. that if A. reads A. suggested B. if B. read B. requested
D. whether was Alice in C. that whether C. has read C. hoped D. how D. had read D. invited
65. He asked me _____ I would go to Beijing by air the next day. 66. My father told me that he _____ the book in 1986. 67. They are _____ to stop making such a noise. 68. —What do you think of my article, professor? —The former part is well written but _____ is just so-so. A. the later B. the last part C. latest C. is used D. the latter D. be used D. come up D. since 69. Our headmaster commanded that the new teaching way ______ in the next term. A. must be used B. will be used A. come along B. come off A. even if B. as soon as 70. Would you like to _____ with us to the film tonight? C. come across C. as long as 71. My parents don’t mind what job I do _____ I am happy. 72. —I hear a number of workers in that factory _____ out of work. —Yes, and the number _____ quite huge. A. are; is B. is; are C. is; is D. are; are 73. —What can I do for you, Jack? —Type this letter. This kind of job is _____ what I could do myself. A. less than A. set aside A. because A. a part; to protect C. part; in protecting A. get through B. look through A. until B. when B. more than B. set down B. because of C. no more than C. set off C. since D. set up D. as D. better than 74. He was asked to _____ the facts just as he remembered them. 75. She didn’t come to his birthday party just _____ what he had said to her the day before. 76. Everybody has _____ to play _____ our environment. B. a role; in protecting D. a role; to protect C. go through C. before D. as D. add; add to D. pass through
77. The youth who were born after 1980s need to _____ more hardships. 78. He made a mistake, but he corrected the situation _____ it got worse. 79. Please ________ the number and I’m sure they will ________more than 1000. A. add; add up B. add up; add up C. add up; add up to 80. The water of the lake was so _____ that it looked like glass. A. silent B. calm C. still 第 II 卷 D. quiet （非选择题）
第五部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节：单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据句意和括号内的中文提示，填入空格内适当单词的正确形式，每空一词。 81. Have you noticed the two _____ (德国人) over there? They are looking for something. 82. Fire quickly _____ (扩散；蔓延) through the building in the accident last year. 83. This book has been _____ (广泛地) circulated among boys. 84. As far as I am _____(就某人看来), he can do whatever he likes . 85. In a word, practice is far more important than book _____ (知识). 86. After the plane takes off, the sound of it fades out _____.(逐渐地) 87. I didn’t think I’d like the movie, but _____(实际上) it was pretty good. 88. We are particularly _____ (感激的) to him for his timely help. 89. To speak English ______ (流畅地), you had better read as many English articles as you can. 90. _____ (以…为根据) on a recent study, smoking can lead to lung cancer. 第二节：语法填空 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Once there lived a rich man 91 wanted to do something for the people of his town. 93 92 first he wanted to find out whether they deserved his help. In the centre of the main road into the town, he placed very large stone. Then he 94 (hide) behind a tree and waited. Soon an old man came along with his cow. “Who put this stone in the centre of the road?” said the old man, but he did not try to remove the stone. Instead, with some difficulty he passed around the stone and continued on his way. 95 man came along and did the same thing; then another came, and another. All of them 96 . Late in the afternoon a young man 98 (be) very dark. Some 99 (strong) to move it. 97 (say) to himself: “The night complained about the stone but not tried to remove came along. He saw the stone,
neighbors will come along later in the dark and will fall against the stone.” Then he began to move the stone. He pushed and pulled with all his How great was his surprise at last! 100 第六部分：写作(共两节，满分 20 分) 第一节：单句改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 修改下列句子中的错误，每句一处错误。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(Λ)，并在横线上写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉，并在横线上标记出。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在横线上写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．每句仅有一处错误，多者不给分。 101. Go straightly down the road until you come to the Post Office. 102. They had fallen in love for about two years before they got married. 103. Tom showed his foreign friends around his city, friendly and happily. the stone, he found a bag of money.
104. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? 105. There is no such a man as is called Mr. Smith in our workshop. 106. Don’t look at someone else paper, John. You should do it by yourself. 107. Every minute should be made good use to learn English well. 108. English changed greatly over time. 109. When asking to answer questions in class, he was always too nervous to speak. 110. I would like have you do me a favour. 第二节 单句翻译 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分；满分 10 分) 根据所给句意，结合相应的短语和句式，准确地道的翻译句子。 111. 这是我两年前住过的房子。 112. 我想知道是不是因为我来晚了他才生气的。 113. 几分钟以后我们才明白发生了什么。 114. 我告诉导游这是我第一次到台湾旅游。 115. 斯密斯先生虽然很忙，但是还是愿意帮我们。
吉林一中 15 级高一上学期期中检测 英语试卷答案
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 1-5 ACBAA 6-10 BACBB 11-15 CAACA 第二部分：阅读理解 21-24 CBCA 25-28BB DC 29-32 DBBD 第三部分：完形填空 41-45. CAADB 第四部分：单项选择 61-65 DDBCB 46-50. BABDD 16-20 BACAB
66-70 BBDDA 第 II 卷
第五部分：英语知识运用 第一节：单词拼写 81.Germans 86. gradually 第二节：语法填空 91. who 96. it 第六部分：写作 第一节：单句改错 101. straight 106. else’s 第二节 单句翻译 111. This is the house in which I lived two years ago. 112. I wonder if it was because I came here late that he got angry. 113. It was several minutes before we realized what was happening. 114. I told the guide that it was the first time that I had been in Taiwan. 115. Mr. Smith likes to help us even if he is very busy. 102. been 107. 加 of 103. happy 108. 加 has 104. 加 to 109. asked 105. 去 a 110. 加 to 92. But 97. saying 93. a 98. will be 94. hid 99. strength 95. Another 100. Under 82. spread 87. actually 83. widely 88. grateful 84. concerned 89. fluently 85. knowledge 90. Based