英语试题第 I 卷
第一部分听力（略） 第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节：单项选择（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. Could you drive me to the supermarket after supper if ______
___________? A. it is convenient of you C. it is convenient to you B. you are convenient D. you will be convenient
22. _______ his earnings as a football coach, he also owns and runs a chain of sports shops. A. Except B. Beside C. Apart from D. In addition
23. Enough of it! Nobody here thinks what you are saying should make any ___________. A. value B. use C. fun D. sense.
24. John Snow found that the polluted water was _________ for the outbreak of cholera. A. to blame B. blaming C. blamed D. to be blamed
25. After recovering from his illness, he was advised to ________ gardening as a hobby. A. take away B. take off C. take on D. take up
26. You have to listen for detailed facts. ________ you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says. A. However B. Meanwhile C. Therefore D. Otherwise
27. When you rewrite the paragraph，I advise you to ________ the last sentence as it is rather misleading. A．point out B．make out C．leave out D．put out
28. It is strange that the well-behaved gentleman _______ be so rude. A. should B. need C. might D. would
29．—Do you know Mary very well? —Yes.We became good friends ________ we met at a meeting. A．by the time B．the first time C．until D．as long as
30. The UK, ____ Great Britain and Northern Ireland, is a country famous ____ its history. A. consisted of, for C. consisting of, for B. consisting of, as D. consisted of, as
31. Though _____ money, his parents managed to send him to university. A. lacking B. lack C. lacked in D. lacking of
32. He is quite ________ of the risk, but he has no choice but to go ahead. A．sure B．ashamed C．fond D．aware
33. The two presidents agree with each other on the whole, but much remains ______ at the following meeting. A. to discuss B. discussing C. to be discussed D. discussed
34. Down __________ and hurt his leg. A. fell the boy B. fell he C. did he fall D. did the boy fell
35. Not until ________to do my homework ________ how much time I had wasted playing computer games. A. I began; I realized C. did I begin; I realized B. I began; did I realize D. did I begin; did I realize
第二节完形填空（共 20 小题, 每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，从短文后各题所给的四个 学科网 选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出 可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 I ran into a stranger as he passed by. “I am so sorry!” was my reply. Then he said,“ Excuse me too… I wasn’t even watching for you.” We were very 36 , this stranger and I. Then we went on our 37 ways after saying goodbye.
But at home, a 38 story is told. Later, in the 39 , as I cooked our meal, my daughter crept up to me, very still. When I turned, I nearly 40 her down. “Get out of the way!” I 41 with a frown(皱眉). She left, 42 her little heart broken. That night, as I 43 awake in bed, God’s quiet 44 spoke to me and said, “While 45 with a stranger, you are 46 and polite, but with those you love, you are quick and excited… Go look right now on the kitchen floor, you will find some 47 there by the door. Those are the flowers she brought for you. She picked them herselfpink, yellow, and blue. She stood there quietly, not to 48 your surprise, and you never saw the tears in her eyes.” By this time, I felt sad and small and now my own tears had begun to fall. I quietly went and knelt by her bed,“Wake up, sweetheart, wake up,” I said,“Are these the flowers you picked for me? She smiled, “I found them, out by the tree. I wrapped them in a napkin, just for you. I knew you would like them. 49 the blue.” I said,” I am so sorry that I missed them today… And I shouldn’t have fussed at you that way.” And she whispered, “Mommy, that is okay… I still love you 50 .” I hugged her and said, “ I love you too… And I love my flowers, especially the blue.” Are you 51 that: If you die tomorrow, the 52 that you are working for could easily replace you in a matter of days. But the family you leave 53 will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we 54 ourselves more to our work than into our families- an unwise 55 indeed. 36. A. practical 37. A. same 38. A. different 39. A. living room 40. A. knocked 41. A. cried B. political B. separate B. similar B. bedroom B. put B. shouted C. polite C. alone C. cool C. toilet C. fell C. spoke D. personal D. different D. same D. kitchen D. settled D. said
42. A. with 43. A. lied 44. A. noise 45. A. dealt 46. A. calm 47. A. grass 48. A. hurt 49. A. especially 50. A. somehow 51. A. know 52. A. house 53. A. behind 54. A. lose 55. A. answer B. by B. lay B. scream B. deal B. excited B. flowers B. spoil B. special B. anyhow B. certain B. shop B. off B. absorb B. choice C. on C. laid C. sound C. dealing C. thrilled C. glass C. harm C. especial C. somewhat C. aware C. family C. out C. occupy C. way D. beyond D. lying D. voice D. to deal D. frightened D. water D. damage D. specially D. anyway D. sure D. company D. away D. devote D. goal
第三部分、阅读理解（每小题 2 分，共计 40 分） 第一节：阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。
When asked why he or she wears clothes, some people will probably answer "to keep warm and to cover my body". These are the basic reasons why clothes are worn, but people also want to look attractive and appear successful to others. If people only wore clothes for warmth and to cover their bodies, most clothes would be simple and cheap. In most Western countries, however, clothes are sometimes very expensive. The main reason for this is not the cost of the cloth or the cost of making the clothes. The clothes are expensive because of fashion. Successful businessmen, for example, often wear very expensive suits, shirts and ties. Sometimes they pay thousands of dollars for a suit and hundreds of dollars for a tie. It’s just a suit and a tie but they pay these prices because of the famous
name of the designer. A suit costing much less would be just as warm and would cover the wearer's body just as well. Fashion is always changing, which means those who want to be fashionable have to buy new clothes every few months, even if last month's clothes have only been worn once or twice. Some people have wardrobes full of clothes that have hardly been worn but are no longer in fashion. Being fashionable, therefore, can be a very expensive pastime! 56. What do people basically wear clothes for? A. Looking attractive to others. C. Appearing successful to others. B. Following the fashion. D. Keeping warm and covering bodies.
57. We can learn from the passage that _______. A. expensive clothes are not any warmer than cheap ones B. fashion is not always changing C. expensive clothes are warmer D. fashion designers like expensive clothes 58. What does the underlined word “wardrobes” in Paragraph 4 mean? A. Fashionable clothes shops. C. Cupboards for storing clothes. 59. What is the passage mainly about? A. Suits and ties. C. Beauty and success. B. Clothes and fashion. D. Cost and pastime. B. The clothes that some people have. D. Shelves used for keeping books.
Grown-ups are often surprised by how well they remember something they learned as children but have never practiced ever since. A man who has not had a chance to go swimming for years can still swim as well as ever when he gets back in the water. He can get on a bicycle after many years and still ride away. He can play catch and hit a ball as well as his son. A mother who has not thought about the words for years can teach her daughter the poem that begins "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" or remember the story of Cinderella or Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
One explanation is the law of overlearning , which can be stated as follows: Once we have learned something, additional learning trials(尝试)increase the length of time we will remember it. In childhood we usually continue to practice such skills as swimming, bicycle riding, and playing baseball long after we have learned them. We continue to listen to and remind ourselves of words such as "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" and childhood tales such as Cinderella and Goldilocks. We not only learn but overlearn. The multiplication tables(乘法口诀表)are an exception to the general rule that we forget rather quickly the things that we learn in school, because they are another of the things we overlearn in childhood. The law of overlearning explains why cramming(突击学习)for an examination, though it may result in a passing grade, is not a satisfactory way to learn a college course. By cramming, a student may learn the subject well enough to get by on the examination, but he is likely soon to forget almost everything he learned. A little overlearning, on the other hand, is really necessary for one's future development. 60. What is the main idea of paragraph I? A. People remember well what they learned in childhood. B. Children have a better memory than grown-ups. C. Poem reading is a good way to learn words. D. Stories for children arc easy to remember. 61. The author explains the law of overlearning by_________. A. presenting research findings B. selling down general rules C. making a comparison
D. using examples 62. According to the author, being able to use multiplication tables is_______. A. a result of overlearning B. a special case of cramming C. a skill to deal with math problems D. a basic step towards advanced studies 63. What is the author's opinion on cramming? A. It leads to failure in college exams. B. It's helpful only in a limited way. C. It's possible to result in poor memory. D. It increases students' learning interest.
Welcome to one of the largest collections of footwear（鞋类）in the world that will make you green with envy（嫉妒）. Here at the Footwear Museum you can see exhibits（展 品）from all over the world. You can find out about shoes worn by everyone from the Ancient Egyptians to pop stars. Room 1 The celebrity（名人）footwear section is probably the most popular in the entire museum. Started in the 1950s there is a wide variety of shoes and boots belonging to everyone from queens and presidents to pop stars and actors! Most visitors find the Room 2 Most of our visitors are amazed and shocked by the collection of “special purpose” shoes on exhibition here at the Museum of Footwear. For example, there are Chinese shoes made of silk that were worn by women to tie their feet firmly to prevent them
celebrities' choice of footwear extremely interesting. Room 3 As well as shoes and boots the museum also exhibits shoe shaped objects. The variety lamp that resembles a pair of shoes, and Greek wine bottles that are like legs! The footwear Library People come from all over the world to study in our excellent footwear library. up information on anything and everything related to the subject of footwear. from growing too much!
is unbelievable. For example , there is a metal Designers and researchers come here to look
64. Where would you find a famous singer's shoes? A. Room 1. B. Room 2. C. Room 3. D. The Footwear Library
65. All exhibits in each room . A. share the same theme C. are made of the same material B. have the same shape D. belong to the same social class
66. Which of the following is true according to the text? A. The oldest exhibits in Room 1 were made in the 1950s. B. Room 2 is the most visited place in the museum. C. Room 3 has a richer variety of exhibits than the other two. D. Researchers come to the Footwear Library for data. 67. The purpose of the text is to get more people to ____________. A. do research celebrities B. design shoes C. visit the museum D. follow
If Confucius（孔子）were still alive today and could celebrate his September 28 birthday with a big cake, there would be a lot of candles. He’d need a fan or a strong wind to help him put them out. While many people in China will remember Confucius on his special day, few people in the United States will give him a passing thought. It’s nothing personal. Most Americans don’t even remember the birthdays of their own national heroes. But this doesn’t mean that Americans don’t care about Confucius. In many ways he has become a bridge that foreigners must cross if they want to reach a deeper understanding of China. In the past two decades, the Chinese studies programs have gained huge popularity in Western universities. More recently, the Chinese government has set up Confucius Institutes in more than 80 countries. These schools teach both Chinese language and culture. The main courses of Chinese culture usually included Chinese art, history and philosophy（哲学）. Some social scientists suggest that Westerners should take advantages of the ancient Chinese wisdom to make up for the drawbacks (缺点) of Westerners philosophy. Students in the United States, at the same time, are racing to learn Chinese. So they will be ready for life in a world where China is an equal power with the United States. Businessmen who hope to make money in China are reading books about Confucius to understand their Chinese customers. So the old thinker’s ideas are still alive and well. Today China attracts the West more than ever, and it will need more teachers to introduce Confucius and Chinese culture to the West. As for the old thinker, he will not soon be forgotten by people in the West, even if his birthday is. 68. The opening paragraph is mainly intended to ________. A. provide some key facts about Confucius
B. attract the readers’ interest in the subject C. show great respect for the ancient thinker D. prove the popularity of modern birthday celebrations 69. We can learn from Paragraph 4 that American students______. A. have a great interest in studying Chinese B. take an active part in Chinese competitions C. try to get high scores in Chinese exams D. fight for a chance to learn Chinese 70. What is the best title for the passage? A. Forgotten Wisdom in America B. Huge Fans of the Chinese Language C. Chinese Culture for Westerners D. Old Thinker with a Big Future 第二节根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项.选项中有两项为 多余选项 How to Make Friends Friendship is a very important human relationship and everyone needs good friends. Good friendship has many benefits. It offers companionship, improves selfworth and promotes good health. There are times in our lives such as when we have recently moved into a new town, or changed our jobs or schools. Such changes often leave us without a friend. friends. 1. Associate with others. ____71___. But for many of us the process is difficult and requires courage. Below are some helpful suggestions on how to make and keep
The first step to making friends is associating with other people. You can go to public places to meet new people. Besides, you will need to make yourself known by becoming an active member of such places. 2. Start a conversation Starting a conversation is the second most important step in making new friends. ___72__. You can always start the conversation. Being able to make small talk is a very useful skill in relating with other people. 3. 73
Choosing friends with common interests is important in building friendship as these interests would always bring you and your friend together, Hanging out will always be a pleasant experience. 4. Let it grow. It is a good thing to stay in touch. However, try not to press your new friend with calls, messages or visits as this would likely wear him or her out and finally you may lose your friend. 74 . The best friendships are the ones that grow naturally.
5. Enjoy your friendship The best way to enjoy your friendship is to allow your friends to be themselves. ____75___. Try not to change them from who they are to what you want them to be. Become the kind of friend you will want your friend to be to you. A. Be cheerful. B. Do things together. C. Do not wait to be spoken to. D. Try not to find fault with your friends. E. Making new friends comes easy for some people. F. For a friendship to develop you need to stay in touch. G. So you will need to give your friend time to react to you.
第四部分：写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修 学科网 改你同桌写的以下 作文。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处；每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加， 删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧），并在该词下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意:1. 每处错误及修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多着（从第 11 处起）不计分。 My sister saw a lovely cup when we are shopping the other day. She liked it at once. Then she bent down and picked up to look at a price on it. As she did this, lots of tea splashed on his T-shirt! I had to try hardly not to laugh at her shocked face! My sister wanted get out of the shop as fast as she could when a shop assistant came over to us. It was turned out to be her own cup, that she’d left on the shelf by mistake. The assistant was clearly as embarrassing as my sister, for I just thought it was funny!
第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 你的朋友 Joe 为了迎接高考努力学习，近来病倒了。请你以李华的名义给她写一封 信，就健康和学习方面谈谈你的看法并提些建议。 注意：1. 词数 100-120. Dear Joe, I am sorry to hear that you have been ill for days and hope you have got quite better now._________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ ___________ 2.可以适当增加细节，使行文连贯。
_____________________________________________________________________ ___________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________ We are looking forward to your recovery. Sincerely yours, Li Hua
单项填空 21-25CCDAD 26-30 BCABC 31-35 ADCAB 完形填空 36-40CBADA 41-45BABDC 46-50ABBAD 51-55CDADB 阅读理解 56-59DACB 60-63 ADAB 64-67AADC 68-70BAD 七选五 ECBGD
改错：My sister saw to a lovely cup when it we are（were） shopping the other day. She liked it at once. Then she bent down and picked ∧(it)up to look at a(the) price on it. As she did this, lots of tea splashed on his(her)T-shirt! I had to try hardly(hard) not to laugh at her shocked face! My sister wanted ∧(to)get out of the shop as fast as she could when a shop assistant came over to us. It was turned out to he her own cup, that(which) she’d left on the shelf by mistake. The assistant was clearly as embarrassing(embarrassed) as my sister, for(but) I just thought it was funny! 作文： Dear Joe, I am sorry to hear that you have been ill for days and hope you have got quite better now. You have studied so hard that you have had no time for exercise, which does great harm to your health. You are always a hard-working student and are so good at your lessons. However, I think, it would be more beneficial to your studies if you could get health and studies well balanced in future. Exercise, which is as useful and important as your study, can build up the body and refresh the mind as well. Only when you have a strong body can you ensure that your study will not be interrupted from time to time. It would be a good idea to take one hour’s exercise every day after you are recovered. I would be more than happy to see you have a stronger body. We are looking forward to your recovery. Sincerely yours, Li Hua