资阳市 2014－2015 学年度高中二年级第二学期期末质量检测
10 页。共 150 分。考试时间 120 分钟。
共 100 分）
本试卷分第Ⅰ卷(选择题)和第Ⅱ卷(非选择题)两部分。第Ⅰ卷 1 至 7 页。第Ⅱ卷 8 至
注意事项： 1. 答第Ⅰ卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、考号、考试科目用铅笔涂写在答题卡上。 2. 每小题选出答案后，用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动，用 橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其它答案，不能答在试题卷上。 3. 考试结束时，将本试卷和答题卡一并收回。 第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关 小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How is the woman going home? A. By car. B. On foot. C. By bus. 2. Which sport does the man like? A. Basketball. B. Table tennis. C. Swimming. 3. When will the film begin? A. At 7:20. B. At 7:15. C. At 7:00. 4. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. A radio program. B. Their friend Jane. C. A weekend trip. 5. Why is Julie late? A. She forgot the time. B. She had to finish work. C. She argued with her boss. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三 个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅 读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独 白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What did the man think of the meal? A. Just so-so. B. Quite satisfactory. C. A bit disappointing. 7. What was the 15% on the bill paid for? A. The food. B. The drinks. C. The service.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Mother and son. B. Brother and sister. 9. What will Tommy do for his father? A. Buy a cake for him. B. Invite him to a concert. C. Give him a football match ticket. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is probably the woman? A. A reporter. B. A teacher. 11. How long does it take the man to get to school by bike? A. About an hour. B. About half an hour. 12. What does the man think of the traffic in the city? A. Excellent. B. Terrible. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where does this conversation probably take place? A. In an office. B. In a classroom. 14. What does John do now? A. He’s a trainer. B. He’s a tour guide. 15. How much can a new person earn for the first year? A. $10,500. B. $12,000. 16. When would John receive the letter? A. Next month. B. Today. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where are the people right now? A. Next to a river. B. In a hot spring. 18. How high does the hot water shoot out of the ground? A. 30 meters. B. 40 meters. 19. What is said about the hot springs? A. They can put you in danger. B. They can help you get better. C. They can cause you to feel sick. 20. What time should the people return to the bus? A. By 8:00. B. By 9:00.
C. Teacher and student.
C. A driver. C. About fifteen minutes. C. Normal.
C. In a restaurant. C. He’s a college student. C. $15,000. C. Tomorrow.
C. Near a waterfall. C. 50 meters.
C. By 9:30.
第二部分 英语知识运用（一） （满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A，B，C 和 D）中，选出可以填入 空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My wife and I moved into our home two years ago. We had a yard with a lot of 21 . Very often when we have flowers, Denise or I would plant some between the rocks, just to add some 22 to the area. Last summer, I found a tiny little 23 in the yard that I could not immediately identify. I knew I didn’t plant it and Denise said she didn’t either. We decided to let it 24 growing
until we could find out what it was. Weeks passed and as I made my way back to the 25 plant, it appeared to be a sunflower. I decided to 26 the weeds around it. As I pulled rocks from the area to get to the weeds, I noticed something 27 . The sunflower had not 28 where I saw it begin. It actually had begun under a big rock and grown 29 under and around it to reach the 30 . That’s when I 31 that if a tiny little sunflower didn’t let a big rock stand in its 32 of developing, we too have the ability of doing the same thing . If we 33 ourselves like that little sunflower, we can reach where we 34 to go and get what we need for growth. We need to believe in ourselves knowing we have the 35 to achieve our goals. Like the 36 , it knew it could get over the rocks because it had 37 in itself that it would succeed. Stand tall like the sunflower and be 38 who and what we are, then the environment will begin 39 us. We will find a way to go under or 40 any “rocks” in order to reach our goals. 21. A. flowers B. insects C. rocks D. vegetables 22. A. color B. water C. fertilizer D. shape 23. A. weed B. seed C. flower D. plant 24. A. stop B. continue C. improve D. escape 25. A. weak B. lonely C. strange D. pretty 26. A. remove B. tend C. watch D. collect 27. A. wonderful B. terrible C. valuable D. unusual 28. A. passed B. started C. left D. died 29. A. dried B. slept C. grown D. lain 30. A. air B. top C. sun D. house 31. A. realized B. doubted C. regretted D. hoped 32. A. place B. way C. course D. process 33. A. fill in B. put in C. worry about D. believe in 34. A. forget B. hate C. aim D. wait 35. A. ability B. wish C. plan D. idea 36. A. yard B. sunflower C. home D. summer 37. A. energy B. virtue C. courage D. faith 38. A. aware of B. afraid of C. proud of D. tired of 39. A. support B. affect C. upset D. forgive 40. A. into B. around C. through D. from 第三部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A，B，C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在 答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A I was driving home the other day on a sunny afternoon. I had a smile on my face as I sang along to the songs on the radio. It was such a beautiful day that I felt full of happiness. My good mood ended, however, when the radio station took a news break between songs. Then
suddenly I found myself listening to yet another story of a rich famous man who had broken the law. I shook my head as I came to a red traffic light. As I pulled to a stop I noticed four leather-jacketed bikers. They were standing in the middle of the road with two on either side of the light. They looked rough and dangerous, but as I got closer I noticed each one was holding their helmet in their hands. I rolled down my window as one approached my car. “We are the Brother of the Wheel,” he said. “We are collecting money for Christmas Toy Drive for needy children.” As I pulled a dollar out of my wallet, I looked past his beard and into his eyes. They shined with goodness and kindness that came right from his soul. I dropped the money in his helmet and waved to the other bikers as I drove off. My good mood had returned. My faith in mankind had been bolstered. And I remembered once again never to judge people by their appearance. Our society often judges books by their covers but God reads what is written in our hearts and souls. Perhaps one day we will all learn to see the world through the same eyes. Perhaps one day we will realize that looks matter little and actions matter much. 41. The writer’s good mood ended when ________. A. the music program was interrupted B. he had to stop at a red traffic light C. he learned a rich man was killed D. he saw four leather-jacketed bikers 42. What were the four bikers doing at the traffic lights? A. Having a bicycle race in the street. B. Selling helmets to the passers-by. C. Raising money to help kids in need. D. Preparing for Christmas holidays. 43. What does underlined word “bolstered” in Paragraph 2 probably mean? A. Destroyed. B. Shown. C. Increased. D. Shaken. 44. The writer wants to tell us that we should ________. A. have faith in young people B. judge others by their actions C. change our attitude to society D. manage to help others in need B Air traffic controllers in the US have been advised to take 26-minute naps (小睡), after a series of accidents involving workers falling asleep. Now the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is calling for “controlled naps” during nightshifts (夜班). NTSB member Mark Rosekind said that a 26-minute nap would improve performance by 34%. He believes that beyond the aviation (航空) industry, other professions, such as motoring and machinery, also carry obvious risks. But other experts doubt whether 26 minutes is the appropriate napping time. It’s a bit too long and risks you falling into a deep sleep, says Jim Horne, director of the Sleep Research Council. He said, “A nap of about 15 minutes is best; once you get beyond 20 minutes, you risk a deep sleep and you can be much more tired when you wake up. Therefore, we suggest that a nap be combined with a cup of coffee so that you can enjoy an effective sleep before the caffeine (咖啡因) takes effect in 20 minutes. However, this method only works on those who have had a poor night’s sleep. If you haven’t had a sleep the night before, this method won’t be enough to make you fresh.” Health writer, Linda Wasmer Andrews, also believes that 26 minutes is too long. She says a nap between 10 and 20 minutes is enough, and the timing of the nap is also important. Putting your head down too early means your body may not be ready to sleep yet, but a nap that is too late in a day might make it harder to fall asleep. Early afternoon is often the best time, between l pm to 3pm, when people experience a post-lunch decrease in energy.
45. What does the text mainly talk about? A. People who need a nap. B. How long a nap should last. C. When people should take a nap. D. The reason why people need a nap. 46. Jim Horne thinks that a 26-minute nap is not appropriate because ________. A. people risk a deep sleep and may feel more tired B. the guidelines for drivers can reduce the napping time C. people who had a poor sleep need some more napping time D. it’s a little long for people who didn’t sleep the night before 47. According to Linda Wasmer Andrews, ________. A. 2 pm is an appropriate napping time B. people’s energy will increase after lunch C. your body is ready to sleep at late time in the day D. a late nap may lead to sleep problems during the night C Make A Difference Day is the largest national day of community service in the USA, which takes place on the fourth Saturday of October. Who takes part in Make A Difference Day? Anyone! Young and old, individuals and groups, anyone can carry out a volunteer project that helps others. It might be as ambitious as collecting truckloads of clothing for the homeless, or as personal as spending an afternoon helping an elderly neighbor or relative. USA WEEKEND covers volunteers and their projects in articles and photos. How do I get started? Look around your community. Are people hungry, homeless or ill? Are parks or schools dirty or neglected? No matter where you live, there’s a need nearby. And on Make A Difference Day, millions of Americans are expected to roll up their sleeves to help others. You can act alone or enlist your friends, family and co-workers. You can also call the Make A Difference Day Hot Line, 1-800-416-3824, for information. Or use the ideas on this website for inspiration. What do I do after I’ve selected a project? Tell others what you’re doing and enlist help. Several weeks before the day, tell us about your plans in the Make A Difference DAYtaBANK, a national listing of local projects that will be viewed by interested volunteers, other people looking for good project ideas and news media looking for good stories to tell. It will only take a few minutes to post your plans in the DAYtaBANK hosted by HandsOn Network. Do it! Carry out your plans to help others on Make A Difference Day. Be sure to take lots of pictures and share them on the Make A Difference Day Photo Album. 48. Where does the text probably come from? A. A magazine. B. A website. C. A newspaper. D. A festival brochure. 49. Make A Difference Day ________. A. is a celebration of helpful neighbors B. is a service provided by the community C. is a national day of doing good in America D. is a festival celebrated every year in the world
50. It can be inferred from the text that volunteers ________. A. are chosen carefully by USA WEEKEND B. need to dress up on Make A Difference Day C. can get good project ideas from HandsOn Network D. take pictures to send them to news media for money 51. The main purpose of the text is to ________. A. introduce the origin of Make A Difference Day B. direct people how to select a proper project idea C. promote Make A Difference Day to other countries D. encourage people to join in Make A Difference Day D In modern society there is a great deal of argument about competition. Some value it highly, believing that it is responsible for social progress and prosperity; others say that competition is bad because it sets one person against another and because it leads to unfriendly relationship between people. I have taught many children who held the belief that their self-worth relied on how well they performed at tennis and other skills. For them, playing well and winning are often life-and-death affairs. In their single-minded pursuit of success, the development of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten. However, while some seem to be lost in the desire to succeed, others take an opposite attitude. In a culture which values only the winner and pays no attention to the ordinary players, they strongly blame competition. Among the most vocal are youngsters who have suffered under competitive pressures from their parents or society. Teaching these young people, I often observe in them a desire to fail. They seem to seek failure by not trying to win or achieve success. By not trying, they always have an excuse: “I may have lost, but it doesn’t matter because I really didn’t try.” What is not usually admitted by themselves is the belief that if they had really tried and lost, that would mean a lot. Such a loss would be a measure of their worth. Clearly, this belief is the same as that of the true competitors who try to prove themselves. Both are based on the mistaken belief that one’s self-respect relies on how well one performs in comparison with others. Both are afraid of not being valued. Only as this basic and often troublesome fear begins to dissolve (缓解) can we discover a new meaning in competition. 52. What does this passage mainly talk about? A. Failures are necessary experiences in competition. B. Competition can help people to set up self-respect. C. Opinions about competition are different among people. D. Competition is harmful to personal quality development. 53. Why do some people favor competition according to the passage? A. It pushes society forward. B. It builds up a sense of duty. C. It improves personal abilities. D. It encourages individual efforts. 54. The underlined phrase “the most vocal” in Paragraph 3 means ________. A. those who try their best to win B. those who value competition most highly C. those who depend on others most for success D. those who are against competition most strongly
55. What is the similar belief of the true competitors and those with a desire to fail? A. One’s success in competition needs great efforts. B. One’s success is based on how hard he has tried. C. One’s achievement is determined by his particular skills. D. One’s worth lies in his performance compared with others. 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，然后将答案标号 填写到第Ⅱ卷题首表格内。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Simple ways to get happy We are not suggesting that you can reach a permanent state called “happiness” and remain there. But there are many ways to turn the path of anxiety, anger, and sadness into a state of happiness. Here are four ideas to get you started. 56 ● Laugh out loud Just expecting a happy, funny event can raise levels of pleasure-causing hormones (荷尔 蒙) and lower production of stress hormones. Researchers at the University of California tested 16 men who all agreed they thought a certain videotape was funny. Half were told three days in advance they would watch it. 57 When they actually watched the video, their levels of stress hormones dropped greatly, while their levels of pleasure-causing hormones rose 27 percent. ● Do one thing at a time Edward Suarez, professor of medical psychology at Duck, found that people who do several things at the same time are more likely to have high blood pressure. 58 Instead of talking on the phone while cleaning the kitchen, sit down in a comfortable chair and turn your entire attention over to the conversation. ● 59 Although relationships help take away stress, sometimes you need time to recharge and reflect on your own. Take yourself out to lunch or to a movie, or simply spend an afternoon reading at home, or looking through books in a bookstore. ● Practice mindfulness 60 Instead of worrying about your check-up tomorrow while having dinner with your family, focus on the here and now — food, the company, and the conversation. A. Spend time alone. B. Focus on the present. C. Take care of the soul. D. Take that finding seriously. E. Choose the ones that work for you. F. They started experiencing biological changes right away. G. Find a quiet place near your house and make it your secret place to escape.
第Ⅱ卷（非选择题 共 50 分）
第三部分 题号 第二节 分数 注意事项： 1. 第Ⅱ卷共 3 页，用钢笔或圆珠笔直接答在试卷上。 2. 答卷前将密封线内的项目填写清楚。 第四部分 英语知识运用（二） （满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内 单词的正确形式。请将答案写在题后对应题号后的横线上。 Yesterday was my 18th birthday. As Father and Mother thought it 61 (be) a big occasion for me, they suggested I 62 (hold) a birthday party at home to celebrate it. For several days they had been busy 63 (prepare) for this. By 4 o’clock I was pleased to see all my friends had come 64 a lot of beautiful presents. We spent a wonderful night together, 65 (happy) talking and eating. One of 66 most exciting moment was when Mother put a big birthday cake on the table and all my friends began to sing Happy Birthday. Seeing the 18 candles burning, I couldn’t keep back my 67 (tear). Without Mother and Father ’s love, I would not lead such a happy life now. Mother asked me to make a wish before I blew out all the candles. After that, everyone enjoyed the sweet birthday cake and shared my happiness. I am eighteen years old now, 68 means I ’ ve become an adult and have 69 (many) responsibilities. I’ll do my best to return my parents’ love and live up to 70 (they) expectations. 61. ____________________________ 63. ____________________________ 65. ____________________________ 62. ____________________________ 64. ____________________________ 66. ____________________________ 第四部分 第一节 第二节 第五部分 总 分 总分人
67. ____________________________ 69. ____________________________
68. ____________________________ 70. ____________________________
第五部分 写作（共两节；满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请改正下面短文中的错误。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最 多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加： 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)， 并在其下面写出该加的词； 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉； 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Last Saturday I went to the library as usually. At about noon, I was enjoying my reading near a lake while suddenly I hear someone crying for help. I went up to see what was happened. I was shocking to find a little child struggling in the water in the distance while many peoples were standing by without doing anything. Without any hesitation, I had pushed through the crowd as I took off my coat, but jumped into the water quickly. I managed to reach him and carried him back to safety. To his great relief, the kid was saved. I am proud what I did. I hope everyone can give a hand when someone else is in need.
第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 上周日，你班开展了以“美化城市环境，倡导低碳生活”为宗旨 的志愿者活动。请你就该活动为校英语校报写一篇题为“A Voluntary Activity”的稿件。稿件应包括以下要点： 1. 活动宗旨； 2. 活动内容（植树，街头宣传等） ； 3. 活动效果。 注意： 1. 词数：100 左右；开头和结尾已经给出（但不计入总词数） ； 2. 可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 参考词汇：低碳 low carbon A Voluntary Activity ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________
资阳市 2014－2015 学年度高中二年级第二学期期末质量检测 英语答案及评分意见
第一部分（每小题 1.5 分） 1-5 CBACB 6-10 BCBCA 第二部分（每小题 1.5 分） 21-25 CADBC 26-30 ADBCC 第三部分（每小题 2 分） 41-45 ACCBB 46-50 AABCC 第四部分（每小题 1.5 分） 61. was 62. (should) hold 66. the 67. tears 第五部分 第一节（每小题 1 分） 一、参考答案 Last Saturday I went to the library as usually. At about noon, I was enjoying my reading near usual a lake while suddenly I hear someone crying for help. I went up to see what was happened. I was when heard happening shocking to find a little child struggling in the water in the distance while many peoples were shocked people standing by without doing anything. Without any hesitation, I had pushed through the crowd as I took off my coat, but jumped into the water quickly. I managed to reach him and carried him back and to safety. To his great relief, the kid was saved. my I am proud ∧ what I did. I hope everyone can give a hand when someone else is in need. of 二、评分意见 1. 未标注符号或符号标注不规范一律不给分。 2. 答题位置（需修改的词下方或需添加位置的下方）不对（如答在上方或相距甚远的 位置）一律不给分。 第二节 一、评分原则 1. 本题总分为 25 分，按 5 个档次给分。 2. 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档次的要求来衡 量，确定或调整档次，最后给分。 3. 词数少于 80 或多于 120 的，从总分中减去 2 分。 4. 评分时，应注意的主要内容为：内容要点、应用词汇和语法结构的数量和准确性及 上下文的连贯性。 5. 拼写与标点符号是语言准确性的一个方面。评分时，应视其对交际的影响程度予以 考虑。英、美拼写及词汇用法均可接受。 6. 如书写较差，以至影响交际，将分数降低一个档次。
资阳高二英语答案第 1 页（共 2 页）
11-15 ABACA 31-35 ABDCA 51-55 DCADD
16-20 AACBB 36-40 BDCAB 56-60 EFDAB 65. happily 70. their
63. (in) preparing 64. with 68. which 69. more
二、内容要点 1. 活动宗旨； 2. 活动内容：植树和宣传等； 3. 活动效果 三、各档次的给分范围和要求 第五档： （21-25 分） 完全完成了试题规定的任务。 -覆盖所有内容要点。 -应用了较为丰富的语法结构和词汇。 -仅有个别语法结构或词汇方面的错误，具备较强的语言运用能力。 -有效地使用了语句之间的连接成分，使全文结构紧凑。 完全达到了预期的写作目的。 第四档： （16-20 分） 完成了试题规定的任务。 -虽漏掉一两个次重点，但覆盖所有主要内容。 -应用的语法结构和词汇能满足任务的要求。 -有少量的语法结构或词汇方面应用的错误，但表达清楚。 -应用简单的语句间的连接成分，使全文结构紧凑。 达到了预期的写作目的。 第三档： （11-15 分） 基本完成了试题规定的任务。 -虽漏掉一些内容，但覆盖所有主要内容。 -应用的语法结构和词汇能满足任务的要求。 -有较多语法结构或词汇方面的错误，但不影响理解。 -应用简单的语句间连接成分，使全文内容连贯。 整体而言，基本达到了预期的写作目的。 第二档： （6-10 分） 未恰当完成试题规定的任务。 -漏掉或未描述清楚一些主要内容，写了一些无关内容。 -语法结构单调，词汇知识有限。 -有相当多语法结构或词汇方面的错误，影响了对写作内容的理解。 -较少使用语句间的连接成分，内容缺少连贯性。 信息未能清楚地传达给读者。 第一档： （1-5 分） 未完成试题规定的任务。 -明显遗漏主要内容，写了一些无关内容，原因可能是未能理解试题要求。 -语法结构单调，词汇项目有限。 -语言支离破碎，严重影响对写作内容的理解。 -缺乏语句间的连接成分，内容不连贯。 信息未能传达给读者。 0分 未能传达给读者任何信息：内容太少，无法评判； 写的内容均与所要求内容无关或所 写内容无法看清。 四、说明 1. 内容要点可用不同方式表达。 2. 应紧扣主题，可适当发挥。
资阳高二英语答案第 2 页（共 2 页）