北京临川学校 2016 期中考试高三英语试卷 命题：袁贵明
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟 的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. A serious car accident. B. A football match. C. Tim?s injury. 2. How does the woman most probably feel now? A. Relaxed. B. Disappointed. C. Excited. 3. What does the man mean? A. It?s cheap to stay in the hotel. B. They?ll look for another hotel. C. He has a lot of money on him. 4. How much weight has the woman put on? A. 10 pounds. B. 20 pounds. C. 30 pounds. 5. What do we know about the woman? A. She wants a new handbag. B. She isn?t very careful. C. She has just come back. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Why won?t the man take a camera? A. He doesn?t have one. B. His grandpa has one. C. He has too much luggage. 7. What will the weather be like according to the weather report? A. Hot . B. Warm. C. A bit cold. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8, 9 题。 8. What do we know about the woman?s new neighborhood? A. It was built not long ago. B. It?s near a beautiful garden. C. There are many trees and flowers. 9. How did the people next door react when the woman talked to them? A. They didn?t listen to her. B. They were friendly to her. C. They promised to turn down music. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Who built the dog park? A.The government. B. A businessman. C. People in the community. 11. Why did the businessman build the dog park? A. To make money out of it. B. To repay the community. C. To support the government?s decision.
12. What will the woman do this afternoon? A.Work on a report. B. Go to the dog park. C. Walk her dog on the street. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. How does the woman probably look now? A. Tired. B. Worried. C. Angry. 14. What did the woman?s friend do after she left home? A. She walked on the street for an hour. B. She immediately came to the woman?s home. C. She immediately gave her mother a call. 15. Why did the woman?s friend argue with her mother? A. Her mother shouted at her angrily. B. Her mother wouldn?t buy her an iPad. C. Her mother wouldn?t let her go out. 16. When did the woman go to sleep last night? A. At 10:00 pm. B. At 11:00 pm. C. At midnight. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the woman? A. A student. B. A scientist. C. A teacher. 18. What does the woman think of watching movies? A. It?s costly. B. It?s beneficial. C. It?s a waste of time. 19. What does the woman suggest doing in the second tip? A. Finishing a task ahead of time. B. Keeping all tasks in mind. C. Getting organzied. 20. What does the woman suggest doing to reach our goals? A. Believing in ourselves. B. Working hard. C.Making more friends.
第二部分：阅读理解 （共两节，满分 60 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文 ，从每题所给 A、B、C 、D 中 ，选出最佳选项 ，并在题卡上将该项 涂黑。
A As you research music, you will find music that is familiar to you. You will find
music which tells of interesting places and exciting things to do. You will find music which expresses feelings that are often your own. Music is an expression of the people. As you research, you will find music of people at work and play. You will find music expressing love of the country, love of nature, and love of home. Music is also an expression of the composer(作曲家). The composer expresses his own musical ideas. He studies the materials of music and discovers ways of using them. He looks for new kinds of musical expression. Music can suggest actions and feelings which we all share. We can enjoy playing and singing music, dancing and listening to the music of the people and the
composers of different times and places. 21. In the first paragraph, the author tells us to_______. A. find entertainment(娱乐) in music C. express your feelings in music music 22. From the second paragraph, we know that ________. A. if we love music, we will love the country, nature and home B. music sings of the country, nature and home C. you may listen to music at work or at play D. music can express how people live, work and think 23. By means of music, the composer wishes that ________. A. you would study with them B. you would share his feelings and ideas C. you would express your own feelings D. you help discover ways of using music and new kinds of musical expression B A year ago, I paid no attention to English idioms, though my teacher emphasized(强调) the importance again and again. But soon, the importance of English idioms was shown in an amusing experience. One day, I happened to meet an Englishman on the road, and soon we began to talk. As I was talking about how I was studying English, the foreigner seemed to be astonished. Gently shaking his head, shrugging his shoulders, he said, “You don?t say!” “You don?t say!” I was puzzled. I thought, perhaps this is not an appropriate topic(适当的话题). “Well, I?d better change the topic.” So I said to him. “Well, shall we talk about the Great Wall? By the way, have you ever been there?” “Certainly, everyone back home will laugh at me if I leave China without seeing it. It was magnificent.” He was deep in thought when I began to talk like a tourist guide. “The Great Wall is one of the wonders in the world. We are very proud of it.” Soon I was interrupted again by his words：“You don?t say!” I couldn?t help asking, “Why do you ask me not to talk about it?” “Well, I didn?t request you to do so, ” he answered, greatly surprised. I said, “Didn?t you say? you don?t say ？ ” Hearing this, the Englishman laughed to tears. He began to explain, ?You don?t say? actually means ?really!? It is an expression of surprise. Perhaps you don?t pay attention to English idioms.” Only then did I know I had made a fool of myself. Since then I have been more careful with idiomatic expressions. Remember: what the English teachers said is always right to us students. B. be friendly to music D. discover the things and places in
24. A year ago, I paid no attention to English idioms because _______. A. English idioms were not important them 25. At first, on hearing “You don?t say,” I thought the foreigner meant _______. A. he was not interested in the topic C. I had talked too much A. interesting B. important B. he was only interested in the Great Wall D. I had to stop talking C. terrible D. unlucky B. I was not careful with English idioms D. I had no interest in C. my teacher didn?t emphasize the importance of them
26. The underlined word in the first paragraph probably means _______. 27. Which of the following is true according to the passage？ A. The Englishman left China without seeing the Great Wall. B. The Englishman wanted to see the Great Wall after I talked about it. C. The Englishman wanted me to act as his guide. D. The Englishman visited the Great Wall and thought it worth visiting. C In modern society there is a great deal of argument about competition. Some value it highly，believing that it is responsible for social progress and prosperity.Others say that competition is bad；that it sets one person against another；that it leads to unfriendly relationship between people. I have taught many children who held the belief that their self worth relied (依赖)on how well they performed at tennis and other skills.For them，playing well and winning are often life and death affairs.In their single minded pursuit(追求)of success，the development，of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten.? However，while sonic seem to be lost in die desire to succeed，others take an opposite attitude.In a culture which values only die winner and pays no attention to the ordinary players，they strongly blame competition. Among the most vocal are youngsters who have suffered under competitive pressures from their parents or society.Teaching these young people，I often observe in them a desire to fail.They seem to seek failure by not trying to win or achieve success.By not trying，they always have an excuse：“I may have lost，but it doesn?t matter because I really didn?t try.”What is not usually admitted by themselves is the belief that if they had really tried and lost，that would mean a lot.Such a loss would be a measure of their worth.Clearly，this belief is the same as that of the true competitors who try to prove themselves.Both are based on the mistaken belief that one?s self respect relies on how well one performs in comparison with ot hers.Both are afraid of not being valued.Only as this basic and often troublesome fear begins to dissolve(缓解) can we discover a new meaning in competition. 28.What does this passage mainly talk about? ? A.Competition helps to set up self-respect.? B.Opinions about competition are different among people.? C.Competition is harmful to personal quality development.?
D.Failures are necessary experiences in competition.? 29.Why do some people favor competition according to the passage? ? A.It pushes society forward. B.It builds up a sense of duty.? C.It improves personal abilities. D.It encourages individual efforts.? 30.The underlined phrase “the most vocal” in Paragraph 3 means . A.those who try their best to win ? B.those who value competition most highly ? C.those who are against competition most strongly ? D.those who rely on others most f or success 31.What is the similar belief of the true competitors and those with a “desire to fail”? A.One?s worth lies in his performance compared with others.? B.One?s success in competition needs great efforts.? C.One?s achievement is determined by his particular skills.? D.One?s success is based on how hard he has tried. D “Ladies and gentlemen，we got him!”? With those words，Paul Bremer，the US?s top administrator（行政官员)in Iraq，told the world that Saddam Hussein had been caught.? Saddam was found last Saturday night hiding in a hole on the land of his former（从前的）cook.He had a gun with him when he was found by US soldiers，but did not use it.He also had US $750 000.“He was quite cooperative（合作的）.Not one shot was fired,”said Richardo Sanchez，the US?s top army official in Iraq.? Saddam Hussein was the leader of Iraq from 1979 to April 2003.In 1990,he went to war with Kuwait（科威特）,one of Iraq?s neighbours.Iraq?s army killed many Kurds（库尔德人)living there.The US and other countries went to war with Iraq in 1991 to get the Iraq army out of Kuwait.The war was won quickly by the American-led army.But Saddam was left to lead Iraq.? In 2003，America said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction（大规模杀伤性武器)and decided to go to war with Saddam again.[来源:学科网] The US-led army occupied（占领)Iraq in April.But they could not find Saddam.Saddam had around 30 hiding places in the country and he moved among them every four hours.The US-led army only found him after being told where he was by one of his former workers. America and Britain now want to put Saddam on trial for “war crimes（罪行）”,such as killing Kurds in the 1990s.? George W.Bush，the US President，wants Saddam to “pay the ultimate penalty（终极惩罚）” for such crimes.By that，he means the death penalty.The UN and European countries，though，do not want Saddam to be put to death. 32. Richardo Sanchez is . A.the US top administrator B.the leader of Iraq C.the US?s top army official in Iraq D.the US president
33.Saddam Hussein led（领导)Iraq for years. A.20 B.11 C.12 D.24? 34.When Saddam was found，he .? A.had 750 000 pounds with him B.had a gun with him C.had some soldiers with him D.shot one soldier 35.Which of following is Not true? A.America thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.? B.The US led army couldn?t find Saddam until his former worker told them.? C.Saddam moved among 30 hiding places other three h ours.? D.The UN and European countries agree with George W.Bush on how to deal with Saddam.
第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。
Although many Chinese students say that their knowledge of English grammar is good, most would admit that their spoken English is poor. Whenever I speak to a Chinese student, they always say,“ My spoken English is poor.”_36_I would like to suggest that there may be some reasons for their problems with spoken English. First, they fail to find suitable words to express themselves due to a limited vocabulary. _37_. However, you can speak with a limited vocabulary, if you choose a positive attitude. Others will follow you as long as you use the words that you know. _38_.Sometimes they make mistakes when they are speaking because they are shy and nervous. Yet students should remember that their goal should be FLUENCY NOT ACCURACY. Your aim in writing is to be accurate following the rules for grammar and using the right words and spelling them correctly. However, in speaking your aim is fluency. You want to get your message across, to talk to someone in English, as quickly and as well as you can, even though sometimes you may use a wrong word or tense, but it doesn?t matter._39_. The third reason is that not enough attention is paid to listening. You have one mouth but two ears! All that hearing is necessary for you to start speaking. Fourth, most Chinese students are reactive rather than proactive language learners. Instead of actively seeking out opportunities to improve their spoken English they passively wait for speaking opportunities to come to them and wonder why their English always remains poor._40_. A．The person you are speaking to will understand you and make allowances for any mistakes he hears. B．They may try to avoid making similar mistakes next time.
C．Obviously the better answer is to expand their vocabulary. D．If you have this proactive outlook, then you will see English opportunities wherever you go. E．However, their spoken English does not have to remain “poor”! F．Second, they are afraid of making mistakes. G．The second reason lies in the reluctance of using what has just been learned． 第三部分： 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文， 从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、 B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入的空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 There are about fifteen hundred languages in the world. But ___41___ a few of them are very ___42___. English is one of these. Many, many people use it, not only in England and the U. S. A, but in other parts of the world. About 200, 000, 000 speak it as their own language. It is difficult to say how many people are learning it as a ___43___ language. Many millions are __44__ to do so. Is it easy or difficult to learn English? Different people may have different ___45___. Have you ever __46___ the ads of this kind in the newspapers or magazines? “Learn English in six month, or your __47___ back ...” “Easy and funny? Our records and tapes __48___ you master your English in a month. __49___ the first day your ___50___ will be excellent. Just send ...” Of c ourse, it never ___51___ quite like this. The only language that seems easy to learn is the mother tongue. We should ___52___ that we all learned our own language well when we were ___53___. If we could learn English in the same way, it would not seem so difficult. ___54___ what a small child does. He listens to what people say. He tries what he hears. When he is using the language, talking in it, and ___55___ in it all the time, just imagine how much ___56___ that gets! So it is ___57___ to say that learning English is easy, because a good command of English ___58___ upon a lot of practice. And practice needs great effort and ___59___ much time. Good teachers, records, tapes, books, and dictionaries will ___60___. But they cannot do the student?s work for him. 41. A. not B. quite C. only D. very
42. A. difficult 43. A. native 44. A. learning 45. A. questions 46. A. found 47. A. knowledge 48. A. make 49. A. From 50. A. spelling 51. A. happened 52. A. know 53. A. students 54. A. Imagine 55. A. using 56. A. time 57. A. hard 58. A. depends 59. A. uses 60. A. do
B. important B. foreign B. enjoying B. problems B. watched B. time B. help B. On B. grammar B. know B. remember B. children B. Mind B. thinking B. money B. easy B. tries B. takes B. work
C. necessary C. useful C. trying C. ideas C. noticed C. money C. let C. Since C. English C. seemed C. understand C. babies C. Do C. trying C. language C. funny C. has C. gets C. help
D. easy D. mother D. liking D. answers D. known D. English D. allow D. After D. pronunciation D. felt D. think D. grown-ups[ 来 源 : D. Think of D. practicing D. practice D. silly D. takes D. costs D. master
第二节 （共 10 分；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料， 在空白处填入适当的内容 （1 个单词） 或括号内单词的正确形式。 One morning, I was waiting at the bus stop, worried about _61_ (be) late for school. There were many people waiting at the bus stop, __62__ some of them looked very anxious and _63__(disappoint). When the bus finally came, we all hurried on board. I got a place next __64_ the window, so I had a good view of the sidewalk. A boy on a bike _65_ (catch ) my attention. He was riding beside the bus and waving his arms. I heard a passenger behind me shouting to the driver, but he refused __66__(stop) until we reached the next stop. Still, the boy kept __67_(ride). He was carrying something over his shoulder and shouting. Finally, when we came to the next stop, the boy ran up to the door of the bus. I heard an excited conversation. Then the driver stood up and asked, “__68__ anyone lose a suitcase at the last stop?” A woman on the bus shouted, “Oh, dear! It ?s _69_ ( I )”. She pushed her way to the driver and
took the suitcase thankfully, Everyone on the bus began talking about what the boy had done, and the crowd of strangers _70_(sudden) became friendly to one another. 第四部分：写作(共两节, 满分 35 分) 第一节：短文改错 (共 10 分;每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下短 文。短文中共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删 除或修改。 增加： 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧), 并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改： 在错的词下划一横线, 并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1、每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；
2、只允许修改 10 处, 多者(从第 11 处起) 不计分。
Dear friends，[来源:学*科*网 Z*X*X*K] I'm awfully sorry to hear that horrible and severe earthquake unexpectedly hit your hometown. Faced with such a rarelyseen disaster, you remain as calm and strongwilled that we are all moved to tear. A friend in need is a friend indeed. Think about your present situation, you cannot wait a minute to make every bit of our effort to help you . I, as for chairman of the Students' Union, on behalf of all my schoolmates, express our most sincerely pity and care for you. Besides, we made a donation of 120,000 yuan to you, expecting that it can help you go through the difficult. A better hometown can be rebuilt. Remember we won't be far away as you need any help! Your sincerely， Li Hua
第二节：书面表达（ 满分 25 分） 假如你叫李华，你的英国好友 Mary 考试失败，对自己失去了信心，产生了厌学情绪。请 你给她发一封邮件开导她，要点如下： 1. 不要过于伤心； 2. 放松，减少焦虑心理； 3. 和老师交流有助于提高成绩； 4. 找到适合自己的有效学习方法。 注意： 1. 词数：100 字左右。 2. 开头语已为你写好。 3. 可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。
Dear Mary, I?m sorry to hear that you failed the exams and have lost interest in schoolwork.
Yours sincerely, Li Hua
参考答案 听力： 1---5 C B A B B 11—15 B B A A B 阅读理解： 21—23 A B B 28—31 B A C A 七选五：
6---10 C C C A B 16—20 C C B C A
24—27 B A A D 32—35 C D B D
36—40 E C F A D
62. and 63. disappointed 64. to 68. did 69. me/mine 65. caught 70. suddenly
66. to stop 67. riding 改错题：
I'm awfully sorry to hear that ∧horrible and severe earthquake unexpectedly hit your a hometown. Faced with such a rarelyseen disaster, you remain as calm and strongwilled so that we are all moved to tear. A friend in need is a friend indeed . Think about tears Thinking your present situation, you can not wait a minute to make every bit of our effort to help we you. I, as for chairman of the Students' Union, on behalf of all my schoolmates, express our most sincerely pity and care for you. Besides, we made a donation of sincere make 120,000 yuan to you, expecting that it can help you go through the difficult. A better difficulty hometown can be rebuilt. Remember we won't be far away as you need any help! when
Yours sincerely， Li Hua