Making a poster about a historical figure
Enjoy a poem Some people died , they was still alive. Some people were alive, yet they already died.
-------- Zang Kejia
Do you know the sentence that “The circumstances(环境) create heroes”?
Heroes for China
Hero for France
Hero for the Black in U.S. Martin Luther. King
—— Ancient Greek statue found in Xinjiang
—— The father of Western philosophy
Alexander the Great
Skimming (30 seconds)
Is this article about an ancient Greek statue?
If not, what is it about?
Alexander the Great
Why did the writer mention the statue at the beginning of the article?
1.How is this passage organized? 2.What’s the route (路线) of Alexander’s occupying the whole world and when did he occupy these places?
334, BC Middle East and Egypt
336, BC Greece Then, India
Ancient Greek statue found in Xinjiang
? fast-reading and creating an illustrated time axis(时间轴)
336BC 334BC 326BC 323BC
at the age of 20
by the age of30
Suppose one day, you made a dream
where you met Alexander the Great. What suggestions would you like to give him?
Why did an ancient Greek statue appear in Xinjiang?
In Greece, before Alexander, there was also a great fighter, who, instead of fighting with a sword, fought with words and questions. Who was he?
The father of Western philosophy
1. How can we change the sentence into another form “Philosophy can be thought of as a way of looking at the world around us”?
consider philosophy as a way of We _________ __________ observing the world around us.
2. How can we understand the sentence “some people had had enough of him, so they took him to court….” in Line 20, para. 4 Many people can no longer tolerate _______ him, so he was taken to court.
1. Is it right to sentence Socrates to death? (sentence sb to death 判某人死刑 )
2. If you were Socates and had a chance to flee the prison, would you escape to save yourself ?
3. Is it worthwhile for Socrates' death?
· Who is your hero?
· What did he/she do? · Why do you regard him/ her as your hero?
You can begin like this :
In my mind, **** is my super hero, because ……… Some useful expressions: not only ……but also…… on one hand,…… on the other hand…… play an important role in ….. as far as I am concerned
Make a poster about a historical figure
The elements(元素) of a poster
picture character title introduction
The characteristics(特点) of a poster
impressive… impressive, attractive, related to the theme
bold(粗体)… bold, style, color
Short… simple, interesting/impressive
key words, basic/important information
Make a Poster about a historical figure Who?
historical contributions, personality,
early life, contributions, ways to succeed, influence, personality, interesting story
How? pictures, character, words, introduction
? One or two : designing pictures ? One or two : selecting information ? One or two : organizing introduction ? One: presenting or making a speech
Tips for making a poster