2015 年秋季学期高二第一次月测英语试卷 命题教师：杨 燕 注意事项： 1、本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分，考试用时 120 分钟；满分 150 分。 2、本试卷备有答题卡，请在答题卡上作答，否则无效。 第Ⅰ卷 选择题（共 100 分） 审题教师：柴正尊
第一部分 听力（共两节，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 第一节 听
下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选
出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小 题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What are the speakers talking about? A. Holiday plans. B. Moving to New York. C. A party with old friends. 2. What is the woman going to do on Sunday? A. Go to the beach with the man. B. Have a dinner with her family. C. Receive some guests at home. 3. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Colleagues. B. Neighbors. C. Strangers. 4. What do we know about John’s new job? A. It is well paid. B. It is near his home. C. It has long working hours. 5. What does Kate promise to do? A. Answer phone calls for Jim. B. Go to a meeting with Jim.
C. Send a message to Jim. 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有 2 至 4 个小题，从题中所给的 A、
B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有 5 秒 钟的时间阅读各个小题；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 题。 6. When does the museum close? A. At 3:30. B. At 3:40. C. At 4:00. 7. What is the man probably going to do? A. Tour the museum quickly. B. Pay full price for the ticket. C. Visit the museum tomorrow. 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 至第 10 题。 8. What problem does Tom have? A. He has no license to drive a car. B. He is too busy to go swimming. C. He can’t find the sports center. 9. What does Tom offer to do for Jane? A. Pay for her sports center ticket. B. Take her out for a nice dinner. C. Help her with the homework. 10. What is Jane worried about? A. Her book report. B. The mid-term exam. C. Tom’s weekend plan. 听下面一段对话，回答第 11 和第 12 题。 11. Where does the conversation probably take place? A. In a ticket office. B. In a department store.
C. In an information centre. 12. What will the man probably do? A. Tour the city. B. Visit an island. C. Buy a booklet. 听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 题。 13. How many languages has Dr. Green’s new book been translated into? A. 5. B. 13. C. 30. 14. Where did the Slow Food Movement begin? A. In Italy. B. In France. C. In Germany. 15. What did the study in Britain find out? A. More children make friends on the Internet. B. More children think friendship is important. C. More children say they have no best friend. 16. What is the main idea Dr. Green tries to express in the talk? A. To be slow means to focus on quality. B. Friendship should be developed slowly. C. The British support the Slow Movement. 听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 题。 17. Where does the speaker come from? A. Canada. B. England. C. Thailand. 18. How does the speaker view the English lessons here in schools? A. They are not special. B. They are not enough.
C. They are not interesting. 19. In what way are the speaker’s English programs different? A. They are designed in various styles. B. They are broadcast live every day. C. They are based on the computer. 20. What does the speaker expect people to do? A. Attend their English classes. B. Practice their English every day. C. Watch English movies and TV shows. 第二部分：阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。 A It was Mother’s Day. A man stopped his car at a flower shop to order some flowers. He wanted the shopkeeper to send the flowers to his mother, who lived two hundred miles away. As he got out of his car, he found a young girl sitting on the road crying. He asked her what was wrong and she replied, “I want to buy a red rose for my mother, but I only have seventy-five cents. A rose costs two dollars.” The man smiled and said, “Come into the shop with me, and I will buy you a rose.” He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother’s flowers. As they were leaving, he offered to dive the girl home. She said, “Yes, please! You can take me to my mother.” She brought him to a cemetery (墓地), where she placed the rose on the grave. The man was moved. He returned to the flower shop, picked up the flowers he had ordered, and drove two hundred miles to his mother’s house. 21. The man went to shop to _________ . A. have a rest C. buy some food B. help the little girl D. order some flowers
22. The girl was crying on the road because________________ .
A. she was hungry C. she couldn’t afford a rose
B. she got injured D. she couldn’t find her way home
23. After the man bought the girl a rose, they went to_______ together. A. a cemetery C. the girl’s home B. his shop D. his mother’s house
24. We can learn from the passage that __________. A.. the girl loved flowers very much B. the girl loved her mother very much C. the shopkeeper sent the flowers to the man’s mother D. the man drove to his mother’s house to look after her B Mr. Bean is an internationally recognized comedy character on TV and in films. He constantly gets into awkward and absurd situations, which greatly amuses audiences regardless of their nationalities or culture. The humor is always made clear through a series of simple and funny acts that rely purely on body language, which is universal. One of my favorite shows is that Mr. Bean has a meal in a fancy restaurant. After being seated at his table, Mr. Bean takes out a card, writes a few words on it, seals(密 封）it in an envelope and places it on the table. After a moment, he looks back at the envelope but this time he looks surprised, as if he didn’t know it was there. He opens it to find a birthday card and delightedly puts it on the table for everyone to see. When he looks at the menu, an astonished look swiftly appears on his face. He takes all the money out of his wallet, counts it and puts it in a saucer(茶托). He then looks from the menu to the money with concern until he finds one thing that makes him smile. Then he orders a dish called “steak tartare” . When the dish arrives, he is shocked to discover that “steak tartare” is actually raw hamburger. He makes an attempt to eat it, but it is clear from the look on his face that he finds the taste truly disgusting. He can’t hide his feelings, except when the waiter asks if everything is all right. When this happens, he smiles and nods, indicating that everything is fine. When the waiter is not looking, however, he busies himself hiding
the raw meat anywhere he can reach--the sugar bowl, the tiny flower vase, inside a bun(小圆面包）and under a plate. He becomes so desperate in the end that he even hides some inside the purse of a woman sitting near him and throws some down the trousers of the restaurant’s violinist! I like to watch Mr. Bean on TV, but I wouldn’t like to meet someone like him in real life and I certainly wouldn’t like to have dinner with him！ 25. From the passage we know Mr. Bean is____________. A. famous for directing films B. famous for his spoken English
C.well-known for making films D. known for his body language and amusement in his comedies 26. Why is Mr. Bean famous all over the world ? __________ A. He often eats in special restaurants different countries C. He only acts on TV D. He acts on body language and spoken language B. He entertains the audience from
27. Why did Mr. Bean pretend to smile in front of the waiter? __________ A. He didn’t want the waiter embarrassed C. He likes to express himself in the opposite way smiling 28. What does the underlined word “disgusting” in the third paragraph mean? __________ A. tasting delicious looking fine C The Healthy Habits Survey shows that only about one third of American seniors have correct habits. Here are some findings and expert advice. 1. How many times did you brush your teeth yesterday? ● Finding：A full 33% of seniors brush their teeth only once a day. ● Step ： Remove the 300 types of bacteria in your mouth each morning with a battery-operated toothbrush. Brush gently for 2 minutes, at least twice a day. 2. How many times did you wash your hands or bathe yesterday? B. smelling good C. feeling sick D. B. He was in low spirit D. He thought the waiter enjoying
● Finding：Seniors, on average, bathe fewer than 3 days a week. And nearly 30%wash their hands only 4 times a day---half of the number doctors recommend. ● Step：We touch our faces around 3,000 times a day---often inviting germs（病 菌）to enter our mouth, nose, and eyes. Use toilet paper to avoid touching the door handle. And, most important, wash your hands often with hot running water and soap for 20 seconds. 3. How often do you think about fighting germs? ● Finding：Seniors are not fighting germs as well as they should. ● Step：Be aware of germs. Do you know it is not your toilet but your kitchen sponge（海绵）that can carry more germs than anything else? To kill these germs, keep your sponge in the microwave for 10 seconds. 29. What is found about American seniors? A. Most of then have good habits. B. Nearly 30%of then bathe three days a week. C. All of them are fighting germs better than expected. D. About one third of them brush their teeth only once a day 30. Doctors suggest that people should wash their hands ________ . A. twice a day B. three times a day
C. four times a day
D. eight times a day
31. Which of the following is true according to the text ? A. We should keep from touching our faces. B. There are less than 300 types of bacteria in the mouth. C. A kitchen sponge can carry more germs than a toilet. D. We should wash our hands before touching a door handle. 32. The text probably comes from ________. A. a popular magazine official document D Earlier, in the old days, women used to sit at home separated from the outside B. a guide book C. a book review D. an
world. They used to manage the home and look after children. They were free of the responsibility of earning money to support the family, which was left to men. With the coming of industrialization (工业化) and technological development, the lifestyles of human beings started to change. The needs of human beings started to grow. In this process, women slowly started to move outside the home. Women received the same education as men. Gradually, women slowly started to think independently and participated equally with men in all fields of life, including politics, sports and even military. With changing environments, the role of women has become more important in society. To match today’s standard of living, it is necessary for both men and women to support the family. Today, women have been given bigger roles to play in society. They are even taking more responsibility than men. At first, men disagreed with women pursuing (追求) their careers outside the home. However, with growing needs and a shortage of money, they had no other way but to accept the reality. The financial contributions from women to their families have increased, but in some places, the home is still managed only by women as in the past. It is a challenging task for women to manage both. Women are bearing the stress and suffering mental difficulties with both managing the home and pursuing their careers. 33. The best title for the passage would be _________. A. Women's Responsibility in Society Environments C. The Changing Role of Women in Society D. Women's Financial Contributions B. The Changing Social
34. Earlier in the old days, women used to do the following EXCEPT _________. A. wash clothes C. look after children 35. We can infer from the last paragraph that ______. A. women don't need to manage the home today B. women are taking more responsibility than before C. men still disagree with women pursuing their careers B. prepare dinners D. make money for the family
D. men have begun to do more housework than women 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选 项。 Are you truly happy? Do you ever know what it means to be happy and what it takes to achieve happiness? happiness in my life. ● Make a plan for achieving goals that you believe will make you happy. Your moods will very likely increase if you are going after something you value. ● Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. 37 . 36 . The following are a few tips that I follow to create
● When something goes wrong, try to figure out a solution instead of being absorbed in self-pity. Truly happy people don’t allow setbacks to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor. ● 38 . These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the
positive things in your life and will lead you to continuous happiness. ● 39 . Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath
or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance, you will be subconsciously (下意识地) putting yourself in a better mood. ● Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. ● Keeping healthy is another way to achieve happiness. 40 .
A．What makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy. B．On the contrary, if you are around people who are happy, their emotional state will be infectious. C．Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood． D．These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves. E．Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy.
F．There are some tips in life that lead to happiness. G．It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. 第三部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节：完形填空（共 20 小题， 每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项。 Long long ago, there was a small village. This village had a 41 tradition. At
the beginning of every year, any boy who had reached the age of 18 was given land and money to build a home. The boy had to 42 his home before winter. If his home him in
failed to endure the cold weather in winter, the villagers could not 43 any way. One 44 , Paul and Marc reached their 18. They 45
their land and money and
decided to search nearby villages for ideas on building their homes. In each village, they found the nicest 47 . After Marc saw several homes, he land. Paul, 49 48 the best ideas and went back to his own 46 and talked to the owners. Each owner gladly offered
, continued collecting more ideas. Soon he had so many great ideas
that he began to 50 some of them. But he always believed he could find even better ideas in the next village. Marc began building his home. He had several false starts, 51 his home gradually
rose from his land. By fall, Marc had finished his home. It wasn't perfect, but it was strong and he could 52 it later. Paul enjoyed all the beautiful homes and 53
with home owners. The first snow came and Paul, realizing he was running out of time, 54 was back to his land. He built the best home he could in the time he had, but it 55 . The first winter storm destroyed his home and he froze to 56 . The
villagers mourned for him. Marc 57 the winter. Each year, Marc searched for other good ideas he could use a family,
to make his own home look better. He became a leader in the village, 58 and lived a happy, content life. We all build and improve our own mental homes. It’s 59
and fun for us to search
for ideas from other mental home owners, but we only improve our own mental home if we actually 60 41. A. hopeful 42. A. find 43. A. encourage 44. A. winter 45. A. received 46. A. girls 47. A. rooms 48. A. gathered 49. A. similarly 50. A. believe 51. A. because 52. A. repair 53. A. achievements 54. A. rushed 55. A. funny 56. A. death 57. A. experienced 58. A. brought 59. A. easy 60. A. realize the best ideas. B. strange B. make B. help B. summer B. exchanged B. jobs B. drinks B. expected B. finally B. forget B. although B. rebuild B. conversations B. drove B. weak B. blindness B. loved B. earned B. slow B. bring 第 II 卷 C.boring C. buy C. scold C. spring ` C. recognized C. presents C. advice C. created C. furthermore C. replace C. so C. improve C. struggles C. flew C. small C. sadness C. spent C. raised C. dangerous C. apply 非选择题（共 50 分） D. cultural D. complete D. persuade D. autumn D. advised D. houses D. attention D. understood D. however D. doubt D. but D. sell D. arguments D. moved D. amazing D. illness D. survived D. contacted D. special D. collect
第二节（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料， 在空白处填入适当的内容 （不多于 3 个单词） 或括号内单词的正确形式。 A young man, while traveling through a desert（沙漠）, came across a spring of clear water. __61__water was sweet. He he could bring some back to an old man 62 (fill) his leather container so that
63 had been his teacher. After a four-day
journey, the young man presented the water to the old man. His teacher took a deep drink, smiled 64 ( warm ), and thanked his student very much for the sweet
water. The young man went home
a happy heart. (taste) the water.
After the student left, the teacher let another student 66
He spit it out, __67_ _ (say) it was awful. Apparently, it was no longer fresh because of the old leather container. He asked his teacher, "Sir, the water was awful. Why did you pretend to like 68 ?" The teacher replied," You tasted the water. I tasted
the gift. The water was simply the container for an act of kindness and love. Nothing could be 69 (sweet). "We understand this lesson best 70 we receive gifts of
love from children. Whether it is a cheap pipe or a diamond necklace, the proper response is appreciation. We love the idea within the gift rather than the thing.
第四部分： 写作 （共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面短文中共有 10 处错误，错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分
例如：It was very nice to get your invitation to spend ∧ weekend with you . Luckily the I was completely free then, so I’ll to say “yes”. I arrive in Bristol at around 8 p.m. in am Friday evening. 在答题卡上修改！ How exciting I am to hear you are coming to visit me the next Friday. Fortunately, I won’t be able to meet you at the airport although I have classes in the afternoon. You won’t find difficult to get to the city center. The bus left the airport every on
30 minute and will take you right to the International Hotel. My class will be over by ten or I will pick you up there. I will take you to a hot-pot restaurant for dinner and we’ll talk with our plan for the weekend over dinner. Having a pleasant trip and see you on Friday.
第二节 .书面表达(满分 25 分) 假如你是李华，你的澳大利亚笔友 Martin 写信向你询问高中一年的学习情况，根据下面 的提示给他写一封回信，告诉他这一年中你的经历和收获。 1 远离父母，学会了独立 2 结识了很多的新朋友 3 在英语和数学方面取得很大进步 4 课余时间参加各种活动锻炼自己，如英语角等 要求：合理布局要点，避免逐条翻译，需必要的连接，词数 100 字左右。 Dear Martin， ________________________________________________________________________________ _ ________________________________________________________________________________ _ ________________________________________________________________________________ _ ________________________________________________________________________________ _ Sincerely Yours, Li Hua