邻水中学高 2018 届（高一上）中期考试
1．答题前，考生务必将自己的姓名、考号在答题卡相应栏内用签字笔填写清 楚，并将考号 栏下对应的数字框涂黑，科目栏将 [英语] 涂黑。 ．． 2．考试时间：120 分钟，满分 150 分。 第
Ⅰ卷 第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选 出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒种的时间来 回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The man has found a new seat for the woman. B. The woman’s seat is occupied(占据). C. The woman is in the wrong row. 2. What did the man do? A. He forgot to return a book. B. He lent Jack a book two months ago. C. He helped the woman take out a book. 3. When did the man’s daughter set a new world record? A. In 1999. B. In 2005. C. In 2009.
4. What does the man mean? A. He moved the desk alone. B. He had some classmates move the desk. C. His classmates helped him move the desk. 5. What time is it now? A. 3:10. B. 3:15. C. 4:50.
第二节(共 l5 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C
三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Who might the man be? A. A waiter. B. The woman’s friend. C. The woman’s husband. 7. Where was the wallet found? A. In the restroom. B. At the cash desk. C. On the table.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What does the man invite the woman to do? A. Buy trousers. B. Buy shoes. C. Go climbing.
9. Why didn’t the man buy the shoes yesterday? A. He didn’t like soft shoes. B. They were too expensive. C. He didn’t have enough money. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where does the conversation take place? A. At a party. B. In a shop. C. In a game room.
11. How much does the woman plan to spend? A. $50. B. $30. C. $20.
12. What does the woman choose at last? A. A book about PC games. B. A magic car. C. A pencil-box.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Why didn’t the man show up for the party? A. He got lost on the way to the party. B. He forgot to go to the party. C. His car broke down on the mountain. 14. What did the man do last night?
A. He repaired his car on the mountain. B. He stayed overnight on the mountain. C. He stayed at his colleague’ s(同事) house. 15. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Rent a Nissan car. B. Get his car repaired at her garage. C. Sell his car and buy a new one. 16. How much will the man pay in total to rent the car? A. $ 220. B. $ 440. C. $ 660.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What do we know about William Shakespeare? A. Many people think he is the greatest playwright of all time. B. He is considered the greatest poet in the world. C. He lived during the rule of Elizabeth II. 18. When was Shakespeare’s first poem published？ A. In 1593. B. In 1594. C. In 1598.
19. What were Shakespeare’s earlier plays? A. Mainly histories and comedies. B. Mainly comedies and tragedies. C. Mainly histories and tragedies. 20. Which of the following was written in the sixteenth century? A. Hamlet. B. King Lear. C. Romeo and Juliet.
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 A Jolin Tsai, a famous singer, has become an English teacher! But she is not staying in a classroom to give you talks in English. Instead, she has published a new book, "Jolin's English Diary Book". It came out in Taiwan in March. Jolin is helping you learn English in a light-hearted way and giving you useful words for life outside your textbooks. "I hope it's a happy English book," she said. "When you learn English in a fun way,
you will keep on doing it." This certainly doesn't mean just reciting ( 背诵 ) words. Jolin has a lot of clever ways of learning. She likes to listen to English songs or find friends to talk to in English. She has been good at English since Grade 3 in primary school. Because of this, she hosted news programme on the radio herself. Jolin knows it's important to put English to good use. So, in her English diaries, she wrote something about her everyday life, like study, fashion, travel and family. After each diary, she gives you lots of notes. You can use them often, too! Jolin also asks you to keep diaries like hers. 21. Jolin has been good at English A. since she became a famous singer C. since she was in college English. A. pleasant and relaxed C. dull and bored A. Fashion. C. Trip. B. active and exciting D. easy and helpful B. Japanese learning. D. Family life. . B. since she was in Grade 3 D. since she was 3 years old
22. The underlined word "light-hearted" in Paragraph 1 probably means _____in
23. In Jolin's diaries, which of the following is not mentioned?
24. From the passage we know that ______. A. she is not only a famous singer but also an English teacher in a primary school B. you don't have to keep English diaries C. she teaches us how to be a famous singer in "Jolin's English Diary Book" D. Jolin Tsai shows us how to learn English in a fun way B To extinguish ( 熄灭 )different kinds of fires, several types of fire extinguishers have been invented. They must be ready for immediate use when fires break out. Most portable (手提式的 ) kinds operate for less than a minute, so they are useful only on small fires. The law requires ships, trains, buses and planes to carry extinguishers. Since fuel(燃料), oxygen and heat must be present in order for fire to exist, one or more of these things must be removed （移走） or reduced to extinguish a fire. If the heat is reduced by cooling the material below a certain temperature, the fire goes out. The cooling method is the most common way to put out a fire. Water is the best cooling material because it is low in cost and easy to get. Another method of extinguishing fire is by cutting off the oxygen. This is usually done by covering the fire with sand, steam or some other things. A blanket may be used
to cover a small fire. A third method is called separation, which includes removing the fuel or material easy to burn from a fire, so that it can find no fuel. The method that is used to put out a fire depends on the type of fire. Fires have been grouped in three classes. Fires in wood, paper, cloth and the like are called Class A fires. These materials usually help keep the fire on. Such fires can be stopped most readily by cooling with water. 25. If a fire breaks out on a bus, which of the following should be ready there for you to use? A. Sand. B. Water. . B. reducing the heat D. cutting off the oxygen B. how it comes about D. where it takes place B. Another type of extinguishers. D. How fires can be prevented. C Arriving in Sydney on his own from India, my husband, Rashid, stayed in a hotel for a short time while looking for a house for me and our children. During the first week of his stay, he went out one day to do some shopping. He came back in the late afternoon to discover that his suitcase was gone. He was extremely worried as the suitcase had all his important papers, including his passport. He reported the case to the police and then sat there，lost and lonely in strange city, thinking of the terrible troubles of getting all the paperwork organized again from a distant country while trying to settle down in a new one. Late in the evening, the phone rang. It was a stranger. He was trying to pronounce my husband’s name and was asking him a lot of questions. Then he said they had found a pile of papers in their trash can（垃圾桶）that had been left out on the footpath. My husband rushed to their home to find a kind family holding all his papers and documents. Their young daughter had gone to the trash can and found a pile of unfamiliar papers. Her parents had carefully sorted them out, although they had found mainly foreign addresses on most of the documents. At last they had seen a half-written C. An extinguisher. D. A blanket. 26. To cover a small piece of burning wood with a basin（脸盆）in order to stop the fire is an example of A. separating the fire C. removing the fuel A. when it breaks out C. what kind it is A. Another class of fires. C. How fires break out.
27. In choosing how to put out a fire, we should first be clear about ________.
28. What would the author probably discuss in the paragraph that follows?
letter in the pile in which my husband had given his new telephone number to a friend. That family not only restored the important documents to us that day but also restored our faith and trust in people. We still remember their kindness and often send a warm wish their way. 29. What did Rashid plan to do after his arrival in Sydney? A. Go shopping. C. Join his family. A. a friend of his family C. a letter in his papers A. Showed. B. Sent out. B. Find a house. D. Take a vacation. B. a Sydney policeman D. a stranger in Sydney C. Delivered. D. Gave back.
30. The girl’s parents got Rashid’s phone number from_______.
31. What does the underlined word “restored” in the last paragraph mean? 32. Which of the following can be the best title for the text? A. From India to Australia. C. Turning Trash to Treasure. B. Living in a New Country. D. In Search of New Friends. D Low-Cost Gifts for Mother's Day Gift No. I Offer to be your mother's health friend. Promise to be there for any and all doctor's visits whether a disease or a regular medical check-up. Most mothers always say "no need," another set of eyes and ears is always a good idea at a doctor's visit. The best part? This one is free. Gift No. 2 Help your mother organize all of her medical records, which include the test results and medical information. Put them all in one place. Be sure to make a list of all of her medicines and what times she takes them. "Having all this information in one place could end up saving your mother's life," Dr. Marie Savard said. Gift No. 3 Enough sleep is connected to general health conditions. "Buy your mother cotton sheets and comfortable pillows to encourage better sleep," Savard said. "We know that good sleep is very important to our health." Gift No. 4 Some gift companies such as Presents for Purpose allow you to pay it forward this Mother's Day by picking gifts in which 10 percent of the price you pay goes to a charity
(慈善机构). Gift givers can choose from a wide variety of useful but inexpensive things -many of which are "green" - and then choose a meaningful charity from a list. When your mother gets the gift, she will be told that she has helped the chosen charity. 33. What are you advised to do for your mother at doctor's visits? A. Be with her. A. In Gift No. 1. A. enjoy good sleep C. get extra support B. Take notes. B. In Gift No. 2. C. Buy medicine. C. In Gift No. 3. D. Give her gifts. D. In Gift No. 4. 34. Where can you find a gift idea to improve your mother’s sleep? 35. Buying gifts from Presents for Purpose allows mothers to________. B. give others help D. be well-organized
第二节(共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,选项中有两项为 多余选项。（如选 E 机读卡上涂“AB”，如选 F 机读卡上涂“AC”，如选 G 机读 卡上涂“AD”） 36 You probably think you will never be a top student. This is not necessarily so, however. Anyone can become a better student if he or she wants to. Here are some suggestions. Plan your time carefully. When planning your work, you should make a list of things that you have to do. for entertainment. A weekly schedule may not solve all your problems, but it will force you to realize what is happening to your time. Find a good place to study. Look around the house for a good study area. Keep this space, which may be a desk or simply a corner of your room, free of everything but study materials. 38 When you sit down to study, concentrate on the subject. Make good use of your time in class. Take advantage of class time to listen to everything the teacher says. Listening carefully in class means less work later. Taking notes will help you remember what the teacher says. Study regularly. When you get home from school, go over your notes, review the important points that your teacher is going to discuss the next day, read that material. This will help you understand the next class. If you do these things regularly, the material will become more meaningful, and you’ll remember it longer. Develop a good attitude towards tests. 39 They help you remember your new 37 First, plan your time for eating, sleeping, dressing, etc. Then decide a good, regular time for study. Don’t forget to set aside enough time
knowledge. The world won’t end if you don’t pass a test, so don’t be over worried. 40 You will probably discover them after you have tried these. A. There are other methods that might help you with your studies. B. After making this list, you should make a schedule of your time. C. The purpose of a test is to show what you have learned about a subject D. No one can become a top student unless he or she works hard. E. Maybe you are an ordinary student. F. Make full use of class time to do your own homework. G. No games, radios, or television. 第三部分 英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） I remember it was a Saturday. I was invited to my friend’s birthday party. the first time, I was the first one there. I sat on her couch and just waited the party to begin. As a flood of guests came in with warm short, thin girl 44 had a huge smile on her face. She just seemed so 46 with her. 45 from the other girls there. So I decided to begin a 47 .” My heart sank. I 49 48 43 42 41 for
, there was one
I asked her “Did your mum drive you here?” She answered, “Oh, my mum was , “When did she die?” “She died when I was seven.” 50 to tell I began to how this girl could live on with the death of her mother. Later on, 51 I entered the room, I saw my mother on a
she told us what had happened the day her mother died. “I came home, my mum what a great day I had had. stretcher(担架). I began go to the hospital.” The girl said that she went to sleep that night with by her sister, “Emma, please keep I was so 56 55 54 53 52
my sister. She just said, “Emma, Mum just needs to , and woke up to be told
. Mum’s dead.”
by this girl’s story. She lost her mother at such a young age, but 57 and optimistic. She did not shed(流) a(n) 59 60 with a heavy heart. C. For C. deeply D. At D. directly 58 when
she made up her mind to be strong. With such a big weight of the world on her , she looked telling us her story. Strength is something that can lives every day of her life to the fullest, 41. 42. A. On A. closely B. In B. patiently pain at the worst time. She
43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
A. expectation A. who A. different A. lecture A. mad A. continued A. doubt A. embarrassed A. Since A. questioning A. aim A. crazy A. attracted A. hands A. serious A. excuse A. protect A. even
B. company B. whose B. distant B. conversation B. ill B. stopped B. admit B. excited B. As B. hitting B. regret B. awake B. moved B. legs B. positive B. tear B. support B. besides
C. praise C. where C. common C. description C. dead C. cried C. express C. nervous C. Unless C. blaming C. anger C. calm C. influenced C. shoulders C. generous C. smile C. respect C. however
D. greeting D. which D. similar D. deal D. lost D. complained D. wonder D. grateful D. Although D. missing D. stress D. happy D. frightened D. arms D. kind D. notice D. fight D. therefore
第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容(一个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 把正确答案写在答卷上。 Tom: Jane: Tom: Jane: they are 63 (easy) to learn. My father once taught me 65 (disappoint), I failed to master it. 66 64 to play chess, Jane, when will we get to New York? I am a bit 61 (bore).
Oh, let me see. In about an hour. Do you have any good ideas to kill the time? How about 62 (play) a game of chess? I happen to have a chess set with me.
Ok, but I’m not very good at it. You know, I prefer to play ball games because
but to his Tom:
Well…it doesn’t matter. Neither am I good at it! But I really would like (learn) to play it well. I once thought of taking was busy preparing 68 67
training lesson, but I
my final exam at the moment.
Don’t worry. Practice makes
You are right. We can play chess in our spare time together. Maybe we (make) some progress soon.
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文, 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 短文中共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修 改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧)，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 分。 My grandfather and me enjoy fishing. One Sunday morning we went fishing by a lake. We took our fishing equipments and left for the lake. As soon as we arrived, we drop the lines into the water. Before waiting for about half an hour, I was beginning to get impatiently. I wanted to give up, and my grandfather told me wait a little longer. Finally, there were a sudden pull at the fishing pole and a fish was caught. Within the next a few minutes, my grandfather also caught a fish. Felt hungry, we built a fire by the lake and barbecued the fish. It was delicious. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假定你是李磊，对西方文化特别感兴趣，想在暑假去美国旅行。请按要求给你 的网友 Tom 发一份电子邮件，主要内容包括： 1、旅游目的； 2、旅游计划； 3、需要的帮助。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者不计
注意：1、词数 100 左右；开头与结尾已给出，不计入词数； 2、可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 Dear Tom,
Sincerely yours, Li Lei
邻水中学高 2018 届（高一上）中期考试
第三部分 英语知识运用 第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 61. _______________ 64. _______________ 67. _______________ 70._______________ 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
62. ______________ 65. ______________ 68. ______________
63. _________________ 66. _________________ 69. _________________
My grandfather and me enjoy fishing. One Sunday morning we went fishing by a
We took our fishing equipments and left for the lake. As soon as we arrived, we drop the lines into the water. Before waiting for about half an hour, I was beginning to get impatiently. I wanted to give up, and my grandfather told me wait a little longer. Finally, there were a sudden pull at the fishing pole and a fish was caught. Within the next a few minutes, my grandfather also caught a fish. Felt hungry, we built a fire by the lake and barbecued the fish. It was delicious.
第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分）
假定你是李磊，对西方文化特别感兴趣，想在暑假去美国旅行。请按要求给你 的网友 Tom 发一份电子邮件，主要内容包括： 1、旅游目的； 2、旅游计划； 3、需要的帮助。
注意：1、词数 100 左右；开头与结尾已给出，不计入词数； 2、可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 Dear Tom,
Sincerely yours, Li Lei
高 2018 届（高一上）中期考试英语答案
第一部分：听力（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 1-20 CACCC AACCB CBCCA BAAAC
第二部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
第三部分 英语知识运用 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 41-60 CBDAA BCADB BADCB CBBDA
第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 61. bored 66. to learn 62. playing 67. a 63. easier 68. for 64. how 65. disappointment 70. will make
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 72. equipments → equipment 73. drop → dropped
71. me → I
74. Before → After 76. and → but
75. impatiently → impatient 78. were → was
77. me ∧ wait → to
79. 删掉 a few 中的 a
80. Felt → Feeling
第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） Dear Tom, I have been expecting to travel to the USA so that I can experience American culture personally. I am writing to ask for some advice. My parents and I plan to travel to the USA during summer holidays. We are to spend a week in New York. Since this is the first time that I have traveled abroad, I would like to know which places of interest are well worth visiting. Can you offer me some advice and recommend some tourist attractions to me? I am looking forward to your reply. Sincerely yours, Li Lei