考试时间 120 分钟，满分 120 分 命题人：张达 第一部分 听力（共 20 题，满分 20 分） 第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每
段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the man want to do? A. Help Judy. B. Borrow some money. C. Make friends with Judy. 2. Where are the two speakers going? A. To a restaurant. B. To a zoo. C. To a shop. 3. What’s the time now? A. 11:15. B. 11:25. C. 11:40. 4. How many colds has the man had? A. One. B. Two. C. Four. 5. What can we learn about the man from the conversation? A. He will probably wait until summer to go to Canada. B. He will probably go to Mexico for his vacation. C. He will probably go to Canada for his vacation. 第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每 小题 5 秒钟，听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间，每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What are the two speakers talking about? A. Hiring a taxi. B. The way to Wind Street. C. A train timetable. 7. How much will the woman and her friend pay? A. $ 90 B. $ 45 C. $135 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. How old is Lucia now? A. Seventeen. B. Sixteen. C. Nineteen. 9. Why does Lucia like playing the piano? A. To make a lot of money. B. To attend weddings. C. To relax herself. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What are the two speakers? A. They are foreigners. B. They are teachers. C. They are students. 11. What do the kids do with the boy from Brazil? A. They excuse him. B. They hate him. C. They welcome him. 12. What is rewarding according to the woman? A. Her students’ progress in the end.
B. Her students’ praises for their teacher. C. Her students’ efforts to catch up. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What is Jack probably going to be? A. A doctor. B. A businessman. 14. What did Li Hua plan to do at first? A. A doctor. B. A business woman. 15. Why does Li Hua want to learn English now? A. Because English is very important for China. B. Because English is very interesting. C. Because English is easier to learn. 16. What are the two speakers? A. Doctors. B. Lawyers.
C. A lawyer. C. A lawyer.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the speaker mainly telling the listeners about? A. Vacation arrangements. B. College facilities. C. Dormitory management. 18. How long will most of the dormitories be closed? A. For about 5 days. B. For about 10 days. C. For about 15 days. 19. What will remain open as usual? A. The post office and the college office. B. The library and the computer center. C. The college store and the dining halls. 20. What do we know about the speaker? A. He is president of the college. B. He normally lives in Butler Hall. C. He is in charge of general affairs. 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 .单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. My new classmate told us about his trip to ______ Great Wall. He said it was _______ exciting experience for him. A. the; an B. 不填; the C. the; 不填 D. 不填; a 22. In many small restaurants people are served rice _________ while the dishes cost a lot. A. for free B. of free C. for freely D. freely 23. — Would you please _______ us in the outing? — Sorry, I’m doing an experiment. A. take part in B. attend C. join in D. join 24. They didn’t allow ______ loudly there and people were also forbidden _______ there. A. to speak; to smoke B. speaking; smoking C. to speak; smoking D. speaking; to smoke 25. I would love ______ to the business party tonight, but I have to work _____ hours to finish a report. A. to go; extra B. to go; more C. having gone; extra D. having gone; more
26. The reason ________ he missed this class was quite different from the one ________ you explained to me. A. that; why B. why; that C. \; that D. why; why 27. — I can’t sleep with such a loud noise. Would you mind turning down the TV? — __________. A. Never mind B. Yes, I won’t C. That’s right D. Not at all 28. I think he must have seen me at the meeting last night, _________? A. didn’t he B. don’t I C. do I D. mustn’t he 29. Jenny was in hospital recovering from heart failure and she regretted _______ the doctor ’s advice. A. to follow B. having followed C. not having followed D. not to follow 30. There is a Keep Fit Summer Camp in our city, ________ the overweight teenagers can take enough exercise and have a healthy diet. A. for which B. of which C. in which D. from which 31. He __________the shop while the manager was away on business. A. was left in charge of B. left in charge of C. was left in the charge of D. left in the charge of 32. Some day you may cross the ocean in a ship _______ fuel “burns” without fire. A. when B. that C. which D. whose 33. — The summer vacation is drawing near. Are you going home for the holiday? — I haven’t decided yet. I ______ go home, but it all depends. A. need B. will C. must D. may 34. — Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her. — Yes, I gave it to her _______ I saw her. A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once 35. Mother’s expression suggested she ___ angry, so I suggested Father ____ talking to her. A. should be; would stop B. be; should stop C. was; stopped D. was; stop 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在 答题卡将该项涂黑。 In front of the large Shibuya train station in Tokyo, there is a life-size bronze statue of a dog. Even though the statue is very __36___ when compared to the huge neon signs (霓虹灯广告) shining around it, it isn’t ___37___ to find. It has been used as a(an) ___38__ point since 1934 and today you will find hundreds of people waiting there for their friends to __39___. Hachiko, an Akita __40___, was born in 1923 and brought to Tokyo in 1924. His __41__, Eisaburo Uyeno and he were close ___42__ fight from the start. Each day Hachiko would __43__ with his owner, a professor at the Imperial University, to Shibuya train station where the professor left for __44___. When he came back, the professor would always __45___ the dog waiting patiently for him. Sadly, the professor ___46__ suddenly at work in 1925 ___47__ he could return home. ___48____ Hachiko was still a young dog, the bond (关系) between him and his owner was very ___49____ and he continued to wait at the __50___ every day. Sometimes, he would __51__ there for days at a time, and some people believe that he kept returning __52___ the food he was given by the salespeople on the street. He __53___ familiar to commuters (上下班往返者)
over time. In 1934, a statue of him was ___54___ outside the station. In 1935, Hachiko died at the place where he ___55___ saw his friend. 36. A. old B. short C. small D. simple 37. A. difficult B. boring C. easy D. far 38. A. acting B. talking C. missing D. meeting 39. A. disappear B. arrive C. call D. know 40. A. boy B. student C. dog D. man 41. A. owner B. teacher C. father D. manager 42. A. neighbors B. friends C. relatives D. workers 43. A. go B. play C. run D. ride 44. A. study B. swimming C. work D. shopping 45. A. raise B. hope C. touch D. find 46. A. fell B. hurt C. died D. crashed 47. A. when B. before C. since D. after 48. A. If B. Although C. Unless D. Until 49. A. big B. wide C. strong D. weak 50. A. yard B. house C. school D. station 51. A. stay B. remember C. start D. leave. 52. A. by B. according to C. without D. because of 53. A. changed B. became C. wished D. liked 54. A. set up B. set out C. set off D. set down 55. A. never B. later C. last D. recently 第三部分：阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上 将该项涂黑。 A Pingyao, in the center of the Shanxi Province, is a famous historic cultural city of China and a world cultural heritage(遗产) site. It’s 90 kilometers south of Taiyuan on the Fen River. People lived in Pingyao during the New Stone Age. Its long period as a country government seat has left Pingyao with lots of historic buildings and sites, with a 2,700-year history. Ninety-nine of them are under government protection, including Zhengguo Temple, Shuanglin Temple and Pingyao Ancient City. During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, businessmen organized commercial (商业的)groups that did business nationwide. Shanxi Province had some of the most important ones and Pingyao was their center. In 1823, a store , known as Rishengchang( Sunrise Prosperity), traded in bank checks rather than in silver or gold coins. It was the beginning of modern Chinese banking. Branch (分 支)banks were soon set up in major cities in China and other parts of Asia, leading to great development in Pingyao. Its lacquer ware (漆器)became well known. In Pingyao Ancient City are many traditional houses and commercial buildings, 3,797 of which are protected and more than 400 of which are in good condition. Not only do the houses in Pingyao show Shanxi’s history and culture, but this large number is valuable for studying its history, customs, ancient buildings and art. Most of these houses are still used as homes and shops by local people. In 1997, Ancient Pingyao City was listed in World Heritage List as “ World Culture Heritage Site.”
56. Which of the following about Pingyao is NOT mentioned in the passage? A. Its location. B. Its tourism. C. Its business. D. Its history. 57. During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Pingyao was a leading center in _____. A. agriculture B. raising cattle C. commercial trade D. making gold coins 58. If you want to know about the history of banking in China, which of the following places should you visit? A. Sunrise Prosperity. B. Zhengguo Temple. C. A lacquer ware store. D. A commercial house. B So what does this have to do with healthy eating and good nutrition? Can eating an apple a day actually keep the doctor away? Well, it can help. Studies show that people who eat a lot of fruits and vegetables do better against free radicals and live healthier lives. Fruits and vegetables contain hundreds of substances called physiochemical ( 生理化学的 ) compounds that play essential roles in fighting disease and helping maintain health by choosing the health of our cells. The more physiochemical you consume, the lower your risk of disease will be. Eating the minimum five serving of fruits and vegetables each day, for example, can lower your risk of cancer found by 20 percent. And the more healthy food you eat, the more your body will benefit. At a Colorado research center, a study of 80 women at high risk for breast cancer found that those who ate 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day for two weeks experienced significant reductions in cancer-associated cell damage. A group of breast-cancer survivors in a similar University of Arizona study showed comparable improvements. Of course, you can get benefit from the disease-fighting powers of physiochemical if you do eat enough of them. Unfortunately, the typical Western diet is short on foods rich in these nutrients. Recently, a major survey of eating habits in North America found that a large meal only contains 25 percent of the vegetables. People reported eating each day were actually French fries. And although the occasional order of greasy fried won’t kill you, it’s not exactly what Canada’s Food to Healthy Eating had in mind when it recommended five to ten servings a day. If fitting more vegetables, fruits and grains into your diet sounds too difficult or unappealing, keep an open mind. Do you like blueberry pancakes? Or pizza with tomato sauce? Both contain immune-boosting (增强免疫力的) nutrients. Who knows, you just might have the ability for a healthy meal in your own kitchen pantry (食品室) right now! The free radicals are shaking in their boots. 59. What ’s the main idea of the passage? A. Something about physiochemical. B. Fruits and vegetables. C. The power of Food. D. How to cure cancer. 60. What does the underline word “consume” probably mean? A. Use energy B. Destroy C. Forget it D. Eat or drink 61. Which of the following statements is right according to the passage? A. Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables each day can lower your risk of cancer by 80% B. The typical western diet is rich of nutrients. C. Fruits and vegetables contain hundreds of physiochemical. D. Breast cancer can be cured by eating fruits.
62. We can learn from the last paragraph that _________. A. we can cook healthy food in our own kitchen. B. you must go to special restaurant to eat diet. C. vegetables contain much fat. D. fries will kill you.
C China Daily Classified page Published every Wednesday and Friday Minimum Size: 1 col × 3 cm Personal: RMB 100 yuan / am -- Engagements, Marriage, Birth, Deaths, Obituaries (讣告), Funeral, Birthday greetings, Holiday greetings, Anniversaries. Shopping guide: RMB 100 yuan / cm -- Department stores and supermarkets only. Education: 100 yuan / cm -- Vocational training or courses for foreigners offered by universities and colleges. Services: RMB 120 yuan /cm -- Computer service, Business centers, Interior decoration, Cars for lease, Used cars wanted / for sale, Business offices wanted, Travel, Restaurants and Entertainment. Recruitment: RMB 140 yuan / cm Property, Trade and Investment: RMB 170 yuan / cm -- Merchandise(商品) wanted / for sale, business / capital solicited Legal & General Notices: RMB 170 yuan / cm -- General and legal announcements, Auctions, Lost & Found, changes of Adress. Surcharges(额外费)： 30 col × 3 cm Half page 40% Full page 50% All art or production fees carry a surcharge. 1. China Daily reserves the right to make any alterations(修改) necessary and to reject Advertisements which violate(违反) the Advertisement Law of the People’s Republic of China or contains fraudulent(欺诈的), Deceptive, or misleading statements or illustrations. 2. Advertisers who wish to insert an ad should submit an advertising Order Form with all advertisement information and any necessary documents 10 days before the date of publication. After this deadline, additional charges will be incurred. Tel: (86-10) 64941104, 64924488, ext. 2117 Fax: (86-10) 64941104 Email: email@example.com 63. Which of the following advertising is the highest? A. Services. B. Legal & General Notices C. Education D. Recruitment
64. If someone wants to advertise his products in the newspaper, the least fee he will pay is RMB ______ yuan. A.120 B. 160 C. 280 D. 300 65. Which of the following statements is right? A. The smaller the size is, the lower the advertising rate is. B. The larger the size is, the lower the advertising rate is. C. The size has nothing to do with the advertising rate. D. The advertising fee is decided only by size. 66. China Daily refuses to accept the advertisement that _______. A. contains any illustrations to the product B. is put in after the deadline C. contains any false information D. is too long or too short D The world’s biggest Internet search engine, Google, has proven once again to be King of the Web. Users can download “Google Wi-Fi” software and then enjoy free Wi-Fi service available in some US cities since last Tuesday. Wi-Fi is short for “Wireless Fidelity ” （无线上网） . It allows laptop computers （笔记本电脑） and personal digital assistants (PDAs，个人数字助理)to connect to the Internet at a high speed by radio signal. Many laptop computers are sold today with a Wi-Fi card built-in, others need a Wi-Fi network card. A person with a Wi-Fi-enabled computer can connect to the Internet when near one of the network’s access(接近的方法或通路) points. The place covered by one or several access points is called hotspot. Google has already set up two “hotspots” in the US city of San Francisco which provide a free Wi-Fi service. The Wi-Fi technology even allows users to enjoy a free Internet phone service. Some scientists argue that Wi-Fi and related technologies will replace mobile phone networks. Wi-Fi is still limited to a few cities, where there are “hotspots”. But the band, in other words, the capability(容量) of sending information, of Wi-Fi has already done better than that of the mobile phone network, even that of 3G (Third Genertion telecommunication technology). Some scientists have started to call Wi-Fi 4G. In addition to a high speed Internet connection, Wi-Fi has other advantages compared to mobile phones. Wi-Fi is global. The same Wi-Fi system works in different countries around the world. Different from using cell phones, you don’t need to change computers to use Internet phones when you go to other places and most importantly, many Internet phones cost you nothing at all. 67. Wi-Fi is not available without . A. a computer B. a radio C. a hotspot D. a cell phone 68. Some scientists have started to call Wi-Fi 4G, because . A. it is the product of the Google’s 4th generation B. it is more capable of sending information C. it is used by four generations D. Wi-Fi will be in place of the mobile phone network 69. Which of the following is not the advantage of Wi-Fi?
A. The high speed Internet connection. B. Many fee Internet phones. C. Used in all the US cities. D. using the same computes for Internet phones when you go to other places. 70. Which of the following can be the best title of the passage? A. Third Generation Telecommunication Technology B. Free Call Service C. Google Launches Free Wi-Fi Service D. Google, King of the Web 第四部分 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。 注意：每空 1 个单词。 How old is “old”? The answer has changed over the years. Two hundred years ago, you were old at 35. That was the average life expectancy (平均寿命) then. At the turn of the 20th century, as medical knowledge advanced, the average life span increased to 45. In 1950, 70-year-olds were really old. Today, a healthy 70-year-old is looking forward to many more active years. So, how old is “old”? The answer is one you've heard many times, from all sorts of people. “You are as old (or young) as you feel. The calendar simply tells you how many years you have lived. Your body tells you how well you've lived.” “Youth,” wrote an unknown author, “is not a time of life—it is a state of mind. Nobody grows old by living a number of years; people grow old by deserting their ideals.” Old is a point of view. Alice Brophy, when she was with the New York City Commission for the Aging, said, “It annoys (让人心烦) me when people say, ‘Gee, you look young for your age.’ What does that mean? Is there some model that you ought to look a certain way at 65 and 75 and 85? You know you can die old at 30 and live young at 80.” Gray Myths (荒诞的说法) There are many myths about aging. These myths stereotype (使……有成见) people on the basis of age. Here are some of the more common myths and the facts. Myth: Most older people are in poor health. Fact: Not so. There are neither biological nor physiological reasons to connect poor health with growing older. Older people are more likely to be affected with illness and physical disabilities than you are, but old age itself is not a disease. It is possible to remain physically fit throughout your life. Myth: When you get old, you become senile (衰老). Fact: Older minds can be as bright as young minds. Senility is a sign of disease; it is not part of the normal aging process. In a 1985 study of men ages 20; 40; 60 and 80 years, no evidence was found to indicate that aging was connected with an avoidable drop in intellectual (智力的) performance in generally healthy people. Myth: Older people are rigid, unable to change? Fact: Older people are as different in their life-styles and action as the young and middle-aged people. Despite the large pressure they deal with—death of loved ones or job, financial, and family problems—they deal with very well. Older people give up smoking and break other bad habits just as successfully as younger people. Title: Standards about 71.__________ Age The average life span has 72. _________ as medical time 200 years ago the 74. ________ life span 35 years old
knowledge has been 73. _________.
in 1900 in 1950 today
75. _________ years old 70 years old 76. _________ 70 years old
Gray Myths and 77. _________ Number 1 Myths When you get old, you will 78. ________ poor health. Facts Older people are more likely to be affected with illness than younger people. Senility is a sign of disease, which might happen in different sorts of 79. ________. Older people can deal with the large 80.______very well and break bad habits just as successfully as younger people.
When you get old, you become senile.
Older people are rigid, unable to change.
第五部分 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是学生会的成员，学生会要举办一个活动，特请来自北京大学的专家王教授作报告。 请你依据下面的提示在学校的布告牌上写一则通知： 时间：下个星期三下午四点半，活动大概持续一个半小时。 地点：图书馆四楼会议室。 活动内容：请专家就如何适应高中生活作报告。 注意事项：请相互转告，准时参加，并带上笔记本作好记录。报告期间遵守会场秩序。 注意: 1、字数 100 左右。 2、注意格式 3、参考词汇：适应 adapt to 遵守 observe
高一英语期中考试参考答案 听力 1-20 BABAB 6-10 ABBCB 11-15 CAABA 16-12 CABAC 单选 21-25 AADDA 26-30 BDACC 31-35 ADDBD 完形 36-40 CADBC 41-45 ABACD 46-50CBBCD 51-55ADBAC 阅读 56-60 BCABD 61-65 CABDA 66-70 CCBDC 任务型 71. Old 72. increased / changed 73. advancing 74. average 75. 45 76. over 77. Facts 78. have / suffer 79. ages 80. pressure 书面表达 Notice I am happy to inform you that there is going to be a lecture from an Expert, Doctor Wang, who comes from Beijing University. The lecture is on how to adapt yourself to senior high school life. The talk will be held in the meeting room on the forth floor of the school library at 4:30 p.m. next Wednesday. It will last about one and a half hours and you are required to tell your classmates about it and bring your notebooks with you. During the lecture, you should observe public order and take notes of some useful points. Everyone is welcome and please be on time. Students’ Union