高二上学期 12 月考试题 英 语
本试卷分为第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题） 。满分 150 分，答题时间 120 分钟。 考生作答时将答案答在答题卡上相应的位置，考试结束，将答题卡交回。
第 I 卷 （选择题 注意事项：
满分 90 分）
使用 2B 铅笔将答题卡上相应的答案涂黑。 第一部分 听力 （共两节，满分 20 分） 做题时，先将答案划在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间把试卷上的答案转涂 到答题卡上。 第一节 （共 5 个小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。听完每段对话后，从题中所给的 A, B, C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。 1. What will the girl probably do? A. Do her homework. day. 2. What is the weather like now? A. Rainy. B. Sunny. C.Cloudy. B. Go for a ride on her bike. C. Enjoy the beautiful
3. What doesn’t Mary like? A. Meat. B. Fish. C.Vegetables.
4. When do the students have to arrive at school? A. At 7:40. B. At 7:50. C. At 8:00.
5. What will the man probably do? A. Quit the job. to his work. 第二节（共 15 个小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话。听完每段对话后回答问题，从题中所给的 A, B, C 三个选项中选出最佳选 B. Forget about those figures and facts. C. Try to get used
项。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. What’s the relationship between the speakers? A. They are friends. B. They are partners. C. They are strangers.
7. Why does Elva Miller ring Mr. Smith? A. She wants to get his address. to see him. 8. Where will they meet each other? A. At the post office. office. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What is the man? A. A student. B. A policeman. C. A postman. B. In Mr. Smith’s home. C. In Mr. Smith’s B. She wants him to help her. C. She wants
10. How long hasn’t the man got a letter from his mother? A. Nearly a month. B. Nearly two weeks. C. Nearly a week.
11. What will the man do next? A. Go to the bookstore. B. Go to the post office. C. Get online.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. What is the man ? A. A teacher. B. A lawyer. C. A university student.
13. What does the woman plan to do? A. Become a lawyer. B. Go to university. C. Find an easy job.
14. What did the man’s father want him to be? A. A lawyer. B. A doctor. C. A manager.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. Why does the girl keep a weather diary? A. It’s useful for her studies. B. She’s going to have it published. C. She has great interest in the changing weather. 16. What was the weather like on the morning of April 28 ?
17. What does the girl want to be when she finishes school? A. A journalist. B. A weather reporter. C. A writer.
听第 10 段材料。回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. How long have the speaker and the Kemps been neighbours? A. For five years. B. For fifteen years. C. For fifty years.
19. What happened to the Kemps’ house? A. It caught fire twice. B. It fell down twice. C. It was destroyed twice.
20. Who told the police to come and ask the speaker to put out the fire? A. Some passers-by. smelt the fire. B. His neighbour Mr. Kemp. C. Nobody, but the police
第二部分 英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. ---- Let’s play ---- No. I am not in A. a; / B. the; / joke on him, shall we? mood for that. C. the; a D. a; the
22. ----Anny is in hospital. ----Oh,really? I A. don’t; am going to didn’t; am going to 23. On a rainy day I was driving my car to pick up my friend happened. A. when B. as C. while D. who the murder of the robbery that happened a terrible accident know. I go and visit her. B.don’t; will C.didn’t; will D.
24. A man has been sent into prison outside the bank. A. in connection with response to
B. in relation with
C. thanks for
25. You can never imagine the difficulty we had A. to pass 26. He was B. passing C. passed
the driving test. D. pass face..
with the results of the exam,which can be seen from his B. satisfying; satisfied; D. satisfying; satisfying
A. satisfied; satisfying C. satisfied; satisfied
27. ---- Guess what? I have got an A for my term paper. ---- Great! You A. must B. should read widely and put a lot of work into it. C. must have D. should have
28. “Is there any water trip. A. convenient 29. Don’t take A. it; what
around here?” asked Tom,who was thirsty after a long
B. comfortable for granted B. it; that
your parents do everything for you. C. them;that D. them; what
30. ----Can I speak to Rosy? ---.I will call her. B. Hang on a minute. C. Take your time. D. It doesn’t
A. Get a move on. matter.
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 31-50 题所给的四个选项（A, B, C 和 D)中选出可以填 入空白处的最佳选项，并将答题卡上相应的选项涂黑。 “Who did this?” asked my teacher. Thirty children tried to 31 what they had
done. “Who did this?” asked my teacher once more. She wasn’t really asking, she was demanding a(n) 32 . She seldom became 34 33 , but she was this time. She held
up a piece of glass and asked, “Who
this window?” Unfortunately, I was the 35 . It was caused by an errant (偏
one who broke the window. I had not done it
离的) throw of a baseball. Why did it have to be me? If I admitted guilt, how would I be able to pay for a big 36 like that? I didn’t want to confess (坦白) it, 37 my hand. I told the 38 . “I
but something strong inside my body made me
did it.” I said no more. My teacher went to one of our library shelves and took down a 39 . She then began walking towards me. I knew my teacher had never 40 a
student, but I
she was going to start with me and she was going to use a book 42 ,” she said as she stood looking
for the swatting (重击). “I know how you like
down at my guilt-ridden face. “Here is that book about birds that you constantly 43 out. It is yours. It’s time we get a(n) 45 44 one for the school anyway. The
book is yours and you will not be
as long as you remember that I am not rewarding 46 .” I couldn’t 48 47 it!
you for your misdeed, but I am rewarding you for your
I wasn’t being punished, and I was getting my favorite book, the
I had been saving up money to buy! What happened that day has deeply rooted in my memory and the 49 my teacher taught me that day will last B. think about B. problem B. happy B. opened B. by accident B. window B. hold B. secret B. picture B. beaten B. explained B. birds B. take B. strange B. punished B. dream B. refuse C. book C. helped C. regarded C. pets C. check C. old C. taught C. honesty C. guess C. get over C. question C. angry C. closed C. on purpose C. plate C. change C. lie 50 . D. look over D. answer D. sorry D. repaired D. on time D. table D. raise D. question D. cartoon D. warned D. feared D. animals D. watch D. beautiful D. found D. study D.
31. A. look after 32. A. letter 33. A. excited 34. A. broke 35. A. in demand 36. A. door 37. A. give 38. A. truth 39. A. map 40. A. fired 41. A. wondered 42. A. fish 43. A. put 44. A. new 45. A. fined 46. A. progress 47. A. accept believe 48. A. very 49. A. art 50. A. never
B. little B. lecture B. forever
C. nice C. lesson C. ever
D. big D. method D. still
第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D)中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 A Every people uses its own special word to show its ideas and feelings. Some expressions are commonly used for many years. Others are popular for just a short time. One such American expression is “Where’s the beef?” It is used when something is not as good as it is said to be. In the early 1980s “Where’s the beef?” was one of the most popular expressions in the United States. It seemed as if everyone was using it at the time. Beef, of course, is the meat from a cow, and this kind of food is more popular in America than a hamburger made from beef. In the 1960s a businessman named Ray began building small restaurants that sold hamburgers at a low price. Ray called his restaurants “ McDonald’ s”. Ray became one of the richest businessmen at last in America. Other business people watched his success. Some of them opened their own hamburger restaurants. One company called “Wendy’s” said its hamburgers were bigger than those sold by McDonald’s or anyone else’s. The Wendy’s Company began to use the expression “Where’s the beef?” to make people know that Wendy’s hamburgers were the biggest. The Wendy’s television advertisement showed three old women eating hamburgers. The bread that covered the meat was very big, but inside there was only a bit of meat. One of the women said she would not eat a hamburger with such a little piece of beef. “Where’s the beef?” she shouted in a funny way. The advertisement for Wendy’s hamburger restaurants was a success. As we said, it seemed everyone began using the expression “Where’s the beef ?” 51. _______started Mc Donald’s restaurant. A．Ray B．McDonald C．Wendy D．Three old women
52. Other people wanted to open hamburger restaurants because they thought_______. A．they could sell hamburgers at a lower price easy to make B ． hamburgers were
C．beef was very popular in America make a lot of money 53．Wendy’s made the expression known to everybody_______. A．with many old women eating hamburgers advertisement C．while selling bread with a bit of meat in it McDonald’s restaurant D B ． by
54. We can learn from the passage that the expression “Where’s the beef?” means_______. A．the beef in hamburgers is not as much as it is said to be B．the hamburgers are not as good as they are said to be C．something is not so good as one says D．Wendy’s is the biggest B One night in March 1999, a man was driving from California to Oregon, US, to visit some friends. He had stopped his car to have some food when he started to hear strange noises. Turning on the headlights, he saw an 8-foot-tall creature covered in thick, dark hair. The creature stared at him for a minute, turned in the road and walked off slowly into the woods. In the past 50 years alone, there have been thousands of reported sightings of similar creatures in the US, Canada, the Himalayas and even Hubei Province in China. The creature is known as bigfoot. Bigfoot is said to be a very tall (between 2 and 4. 5 metres), ape-like(类人 猿似的) creature that is covered in hair and walks upright on two legs. It is very wary(警惕的) of human beings. Believers think bigfoot is a direct descendent( 后 代 ) of ancient
gigantopithecus( 巨猿 ). But it remains one of the planet’s undiscovered secrets. There is a little evidence(证据) to support the believers’ theory: traces of hair, footprints and body prints as well as the reported sightings. Some people have even showed what they say with photos or films of bigfoot.
But so far, no one has found bones or any other definite proof that the giant creature exists. As a result many people believe the evidence is just part of a big trick. The footprints are easy to make. As for the photos and films, they are just people dressed in ape suits. They also say the sightings are not real, just people making mistakes. For example, bigfoot could be a bear living in the wild that sometimes stands up on its back legs. 55. So far what we can be sure about is that .
A. there exist savages(野人) in several places in the world B. there are some traces of hair, footprints and body prints of the “bigfoot” C. bigfoot is a direct descendent of ancient gigantopithecus D. all the big foot discovered have the same look 56. The article infers but doesn’t say so that some people existence. A. may fool the world into believing prove C. refuse to believe D. will soon offer proofs of . B. have definite evidences to bigfoot’s
57. If bigfoot is just a misunderstanding, what they saw can NOT be A. apes skins C B. bears C. ancient gigantopithecus
D. people dressed in animal
With the crazy smog going on in China, businessmen are now ready to grope(摸 索 ) for your wallet. “Smog economy” is stimulating a shopping spree on certain products against the terrible weather. Now let’s see what we have on the list to help us through the crisis. 1. Masks Well, I would say you had better stay indoors to save your lives. PM 2.5 just surged up to 750 in Beijing recently. 3M just sold 220,000 masks of a kind. No.1 best-selling products! 2. Air purifiers
This kind of products is rarely seen in Chinese households in the past. They have become a necessity now. I do like these little gadgets, but they are just too expensive. 3. Oxygen inhalers I didn’t realize oxygen inhalers also get a cut in the smog economy. As a matter of fact, your oxygen uptake has nothing to with relieving (减轻) the impact of smog. It might even lead to oxygen poisoning when you inhale too much oxygen. So don’t get greedy. 4. Salt lamps Compared to oxygen inhalers, salt lamps are even worse. Some stores are selling the products at several hundred yuan, saying that they can release negative ions(离 子 ), reduce radiation levels and purify the air. The lamps mainly contain sodium chloride. The boiling point of sodium is about 800 degrees centigrade and that of candle is 500. So how on earth can negative ions be released at only 500 degrees? 5. Plants that absorb smog Yeah, right. Plants Vs Smog. It is scientifically justified (证明) that some plants do absorb pollutants from the air. Money plants and calla lilies are among the best-sellers in the market. Even if they don’t work, it’s good to have some plants in the house anyway. 58. According to the passage, smog _______. A. give some economic chances to businessmen C. makes some crisis come out economy 59. What is the meaning of the underlined word? A. Giving up shopping. C. Having a lot to buy. 60. Salt lamps are useless, because_______. A. it may cause poisoning the negative ions C. it reduces radiation level and makes the air dirty high D. the prize is very B. it actually can’t release B. Feeling down in shopping. D. Buying something enthusiastically. B. is very bad to economy D. have nothing to do with the
61. How many ways does the author think are useful? A. 2. B. 3. C. 4. D The Albinas married when Mr. Albina was 30, and they spent the early marriage in Argentina. Then they decided to move to Chile, which meant they had to cross the Andes Mountains. They and their 20s sons made the difficult two-week journey on horses. One night there was a terrible snow storm in the mountains, during which Mrs Albina gave birth to triplets (三胞胎), a boy and two girls. Mrs Albina now has 30 more girls, including the twins who are 15 months old. The oldest Albina children are in their 30s and 40s. They are on their own now, but 18 of the kids still live with their parents in a two-room house. The house has electricity but no toilet or running water. Clearly, the Albinas don’t have enough money and food for the big family. Why, then, do they continue to have children? The Albinas do not use birth control because it is against their religion. They can let other people take care of their kids, but Mrs Albina doesn’t allow it. “When we were babies,” she said, “our mother left us at an orphanage and never returned. Then a couple adopted my brothers, and I was left behind. I was heartbroken. I promised that when I became a mother I would never give my children away.” So the Albina family continues to grow. They have so many kids that they run out of names and have to give some children the same name. There are three Susannas, three Miriams, two Estrellas, and two Soledades. Will the family stop at 53 kids? Mr Albina is 77, and Mrs Albina is 59. “I am getting old,” she said with a smile, “and I would like God to think of me and consider my age. But if God sends more children to me, yes, there will be more.” 62. What is said about the children in the Albinas in the passage? A. Some children are raised by others. Albinas. C. The children are all twins or triplets independent now. 63. It can be inferred from the passage that______. D. Most of the children are B. God sent the children to the D. 5.
A. Mrs Albina experienced a hard childhood birth control
B. the Albinas would like to use
C. ten kids in the family share the same name in three countries
D. the Albina family has lived
64. How old was Mrs Albina when the Albinas got married? A. 30. B. 25. C. 12. D. 18.
65. What is the attitude of Mr. Albina to continuing to have babies? A. He is very positive. C. He hopes God will give them more. B.He doesn’t want to have more. D.He lets nature take its course.
第 II 卷 （非选择题
第一节 阅读表达（共5小题；每小题2分，满分10分） 阅读下面的短文，然后安要求将答案写到答题卡上相应的位置。 James Dean came to Hollywood when he was eighteen, hoping to get into the movies. At first, he was not successful at all. Then he went to New York. He got a part in a play and was seen by the great director Elia Kazan. Kazan was planning the movie East of Eden and realized Dean would be perfect for one of the main roles. By this time, Dean had already had a reputation and was difficult to work with. He then went back to Hollywood to make East of Eden and then made two more movies, Rebel Without a Cause and Giant. He almost always wore the same overcoat and jeans and he had hardly any friends at all. “If he didn’t like you, he wouldn’t even give you the pleasure of his anger. You could be in the same telephone booth with him, but you wouldn’t exist,” someone who knew him said later. In spite of his poor eyesight, he loved driving fast motorcycles and even faster sports cars. A few days after he finished Giant, on September 25, 1955, Dean went for a drive in his new Porsche. It was evening and the light was poor. Dean was not wearing his glasses. Suddenly, he saw a car in front of him. It was slowing down and trying to turn off the highway. Dean tried to slow down too, but it was too late. He hit the car at high speed and was killed immediately. A few years later, a New York salesclerk wrote a book called Jimmy Dean Returns
in which she claimed that she was in contact with Dean from the other side of the grave. Half a million copies of the book were sold. It was only the beginning of a strange legend that goes on, even today. 66. Why did James Dean leave Hollywood for New York (within 7 words)
67. Who made James Dean famous? (within 2 words)
68. Why did James Dean have no friends? (within 7 words)
69. What happened on September 25, 1955? (within 8 words)
70. What was written in the book Jimmy Dean Returns (within 6 words)
第二节 ：短文改错（满分 15 分） 下面的短文中有 10 个错误，请按以下要求改正： 增加：在缺词出加一个漏字符号（Λ ） ，并在下面写上该加的词； 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划去； 修改：在错的词下面划一根横线，并在该词下面写上修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处修改均限一词；2. 只允许修改 10 处，多出者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Dear Andy, I am a university student. I once thought life at the university is excellent, but now I changed my mind. I have three roommates, and I was the last one move into the dormitory. Last term, we got along peaceful and happily. But I find they are not willing to be with me now. They don’t talk with me, but they’ve become cold toward me than before. Many time, I wanted to talk with my roommates about that how I felt, but I failed to find an opening. When leaving alone, I always recall this sadness. I am a honest student. Why can’t I win the friendship? Yours, Lilei
第三节：书面表达（满分 35 分） 假设你是某中学高二的学生李华，在《21 世纪报（英文版） 》上看到招聘小记者的广告， 你有意应聘，请按下列要点给报社写一封自荐信。 1. 表明如何得知信息并表示很感兴趣； 2. 说明优势：知识面，英语水平，合作精神，相关经历； 3. 希望得到回复。 注意：词数 100 左右。可适当增加细节以使行文连贯。 Dear Sir or Madam,
Yours sincerely， Li Hua