成都七中高 2015-2016 学年度上期半期考试 高一年级英语试卷 考试时间：120 分钟 总分：150 分 第一部分 听力测试（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小
题和阅读下一 小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How’s the man’s garden? A. Very good. 2. B. Just so-so. C. In bad shape.
Why does the man like the climate in this part of the country? A. It’s warm. B. It’s cold. C. It’s like that of his hometown.
What is the weather like today? A. It’s cold. B. It’s warm. C. It’s bad.
Where does this conversation take place? A. At an airport . B. In a factory. C. At a construction site.
What is the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Teacher and student. B. Mother and son. C. Driver and passenger.
第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后， 各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Where is the man going? A. Canada . 7. B. Australia. C. Austria.
What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Take some aspirin and keep warm. B. Not go to the places she used to go. C. Take some clothes for the cold climate.
When may the man be back home?
A. On Saturday, December the 23rd. B. On Thursday, December the 21st. C. On Sunday, November the 23rd. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What does Simon think of the college? A. He likes its small size . B. He likes the place where it is. C. He likes the students of the college. 10. What do the students at the college do in their free time? A. All kinds of things but go to the library to study. B. Many things, including going to the library to study. C. All the students go to the clubs to meet their friends. 11. How many students are there in the college Simon is visiting? A. About 10,000. B. About 5,000. C. About 1,000.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. Where does Henry work? A. On a train to London. London. 13. When does Henry get up every day? A. At 6:30. B. After 6:30. C. Before 6:30. B. In an office in London. C. At a club outside
14. How did Henry use to feel about the time spent on the train? A. A waste of time. B. An enjoyable time. C. A relaxing time.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. What are the two speakers talking about? A. Keeping fit. B. Public transportation. C. Means of transport.
16. In what way is the subway better than the bus? A. It’s less distant. B. It’s less crowded. C. It works every day.
17. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The woman usually drives to work. B. The man keeps fit by riding to work.
C. They are quarreling with each other. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What cannot we know from the beginning? A. Whether the boy told a lie. B. What the lie was. 19. What did grandfather ask Jim to get a ladder to do? A. Make the boy cry . B. Help the boy to climb to the top of the house. C. Let the boy know it was wrong to tell a lie. 20. What do you think of the result at the end of the story? A. Enjoyable. 第二部分 B. Sad. C. Untrue. C. How the story ended.
阅读理解（共两节 满分 40 分）
第一节 （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A When I met him, I had a lot of anger inside me. I’ve lived my whole life in Spanish Harlem, but in my neighborhood, there are shoot-ups all the time. I know kids who have been shot or beaten up. I have friends who ended up in prison. I could have ended up that way, too, but Mr.Clark wouldn’t let that happen. Mr. Clark worked long hours, making sure I did my work. My grades rose. In fact, the scores of our whole class rose. One day, he took our class to see The Phantom of the Opera, and it was the first time some kids had ever been out of Harlem. Before the show, he treated us to dinner at a restaurant and taught us not to talk with our mouths full. We did not want to let him down. Mr. Clark was selected as Disney’s 2000 Teacher of the Year. He said he would draw three names out of a hat (抽签); those students would go with him to Los Angles to get the award. But when the time came to draw names, Mr. Clark said, “You’re all going.” On graduation day, there were a lot of tears. We didn’t want his class to end. In 2001, he moved to Atlanta, but he always kept in touch. He started giving lectures about education, and wrote a best-selling book based on his classroom rules, The Essential 55. In 2003, Mr. Clark took some of us on a trip to South Africa to deliver
school supplies and visit orphanages (孤儿院). It was the most amazing experience of my life. It’s now my dream to start a group of women’s clubs one day, helping people from all backgrounds. 21. Without Mr. Clark, the writer _________. A. might have been put into prison C. might have joined a women’s club 22. The Essential 55 is ___________. A. a show B. a speech C. a classroom rule D. a book B. might not have won the prize D. might not have moved to Atlanta
23. How many students’ names were finally drawn out of a hat by Mr. Clark? A. None B. Three C. Fifty-five D. All
24. In the passage, the writer intends to tell us that ___________. A. Mr. Clark went to South Africa because he liked traveling B. Mr. Clark helped to set up a group of women’s clubs C. a good teacher can raise his or her students’ score D. a good teacher has a good influence on his or her students 25. What is the writer’s attitude towards Mr. Clark? A. He speaks highly of Mr. Clark. B. He looks down upon Mr. Clark. C. He doesn’t show his attitude towards Mr. Clark. D. He takes a neutral (中立的) attitude towards Mr. Clark. B Riding School: You can start horse-riding at any age. Choose private or group lessons any weekday between9 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. (3:30 p.m. on Saturdays). There are 10 kilometres of tracks and paths for leisurely rides across farmland and open country. You will need a riding hat. Opening Hours: Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. ~ 8:30 p.m. Phone: (412) 396-6754 Fax: (412) 396-6752 Sailing Club: Our Young Sailor’s Course leads to the Stage Sailing qualification. You’ll learn
how to sail safely and the course also covers sailing theory and first aid. Have fun with other course members afterwards in the clubroom. There are 10 weekly two-hour lessons. Opening Hours: Tuesdays: 6:00 p.m.~ 8:00 p.m. Phone:( 412)396-6644 Diving Centre: Our experienced instructors offer one-month courses in deep-sea diving for beginners. There are two evening lessons a week, in which you learn to breathe underwater and use the equipment safely. You only need a swimming costume and towel. Reduced rates for couples. Opening Hours: Monday and Friday: 6:30p.m.~ 8:30 p.m. Phone: (412)396-6312 Medical Center: The staff of the Medical Center aim to provide convenient and comprehensive medical care to students and staff of the university. The center is well equipped and the staff here are trained to deal with a broad range of medical problems. Both female and male doctors as well as nursing staff are available for consultation. Also, all kinds of medicines are sold here and are cheaper for students than other drugstores. Opening Hours: 24 hours from Monday to Sunday Phone: ( 412)396-6649 Watersports club: We use a two-kilometre length of river for speedboat racing, and water-skiing. A beginners’course consists of ten 20-minute lessons. You will learn to handle boats safely and confidently butmust be able to swim. The club is in a convenient central position and is open daily from 9 a.m. to4 p.m., with lessons all through the day. Opening Hours: Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m.~ 4:00 p.m. Phone: (412)396-6899 Fax: (412) 396-6890 26. If you want to swim and enjoy activities which are fast and a bit dangerous, you should join_______ . Fax: (412) 396-6648 Fax: (412) 396-6706 Fax: (412) 396-6644
A. Sailing Club Centre
B. Riding School
C. Watersports Club
27. If you want to experience a new activity in the countryside in the mornings, you may fax _______ . A. (412) 396-6752 B. (412) 396-6706 C. (412) 396-6648 D. (412) 396- 6876
28. If you are planning to explore the ocean depths, you should attend your lessons at _______. A. 24 hours from Monday to Sunday B. Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m.~ 10:00 p.m. C. Tuesdays: 6:00 p.m.~ 8:00 p.m. D. Monday and Friday: 6:30 p.m. ~ 8:30 p.m. 29. If you want to do an activity one evening a week and get a certificate in the end, you can go to_______ . A. Sailing Club School 30. Which is NOT the convenience that the Medical Center provides? A. Good equipment. B. Nursery for newly-born babies. D. Well trained staff members. C People do not analyze every problem they meet. Sometimes they try to remember a solution from the last time they had a similar problem. They often accept the opinions or ideas of other people. Other times they begin to act without thinking. They try to find a solution by trial and error. However , when all these methods fail, the person with a problem has to start analyzing. There are six stages in solving a problem. First the person must recognize that there is a problem. For example, Sam’s bicycle is broken, and he cannot ride it to class as he usually does. Sam must see that there is a problem with his bicycle. Next the thinker must define the problem. Before Sam can repair his bicycle, he must find out the reason why it does not work. For instance, he must determine if B. Diving Centre C. Watersports Club D. Riding
C. Various less expensive medicines.
the problem is with the gears ,the brakes, or the frame. He must make his problem more specific. Now the person must look for information that will make the problem clearer and lead to possible solutions. For instance, suppose Sam decides that his bike does not work because there is something wrong with the gear wheels. At this time, he can look in his bicycle repair book and read about gears. He can talk to his friends at the bike shop. He can look at his gears carefully. After studying the problem, the person should have several suggestions for a possible solution. Take Sam as an illustration. His suggestions might be: put oil on the gear wheels; buy new gearwheels and replace the old ones; tighten or loosen the gear wheels. Eventually one suggestion seems to be the solution to the problem. Sometimes the final idea comes very suddenly because the thinker suddenly sees something new or sees something in anew way. Sam, for example, suddenly sees that there is a piece of chewing gum between the gearwheels. He immediately realizes the solution to his problem: he must clean the gear wheels. Finally the solution is tested. Sam cleans the gear wheels and finds that afterwards his bicycle works perfectly. In short, he has solved the problem. 31. What is the best title for this passage? A. Six Stages for Repairing Sam’s Bicycle Problem-solving C. Necessities of Problem Analysis D. Suggestions for Analyzing a Problem B. Possible Ways to
32. In analyzing a problem we should do all the following except __________. A. recognize and define the problem B. look for information to make the problem clearer C. have suggestions for a possible solution D. find a solution by trial or mistake 33. By referring to Sam’s broken bicycle, the author intends to _________. A. illustrate the ways to repair his bicycle bicycle B. discuss the problems of his
C. tell us how to solve a problem 34. Which of the following is NOT true?
D. show us how to analyze a problem
A. People do not analyze the problem they meet. B. People often accept the opinions or ideas of other people. C. People may learn from their past experience. D. People can not solve some problems they meet. 35. As used in the last sentence, the phrase “in short” means _________. A. in the long run end 第二节 短文七选五（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） B. in detail C. in a word D. in the
We are all called upon to make a speech at some point in life, but most of us don’t do a very good job. 36
So, you have to give a speech and you are terrified. You get nervous, you forget what you want to say, you stumble over words, you talk too long, and you bore your audience. Later you think, “Thank Goodness, it’s over. I’m just not good at public speaking. I hope I never have to do that again.” Cheer up! 37 Here are some simple steps to take the pain out of speech
making. Ask yourself the purpose of your speech. What is the occasion? Why are you speaking? Then, gather as many facts as you can on your subject. Spend plenty of your time doing your research. Then spend plenty of your time organizing your material so that your speech is clear and easy to follow. Use as many examples as possible, and use pictures, charts, and graphs if they help you make your points more clearly. 38 Don’t talk over their heads, and don’t talk down to them. Treat your audience
with respect. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Just remember: Be prepared. Know your subject, your audience, and the occasion. Be brief. 39 And be yourself. Let your personality come through so that you
make person-to-person contact with your audience. If you follow these simple steps, you will see that you don’t have to be afraid of public speaking. In fact, you may find the experience so enjoyable that you volunteer to
make more speeches ! You’re not convinced yet? A. It doesn’t have to be that bad. B. Take several deep breaths before your speech.
C. This article gives some advice on how to give good speech. D. Say what you have to say and then stop. E. Don’t say what you aren’t familiar with. F. Never forget your audience. G. Give it a try and see what happens. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共三节，满分 55 分）
第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出一个最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。 The moment happened 30 years ago but it was still fresh in my memory. I was a college freshman and had 41 up most of the night before laughing and talking 42 of the day my eyelids were feeling
with friends. Now just before my first
heavier and heavier and my head was drifting down to my desk to make my textbook a 43 . A few minutes’ nap（小睡）time before class couldn’t 44 , I thought.
BOOM! I lifted my head suddenly and my eyes opened wider than saucers. I looked around with my 45 beating wildly trying to find the cause of the 46 . My 47
young professor was looking at me with a boyish smile on his face. He had
dropped the textbooks he was carrying onto his desk. “Good morning!”, he said still 48 . “I am glad to see everyone is 49 . Now let’s get started. ” 50 of my 51
For the next hour I wasn’t sleepy at all. It wasn’t from the
professor’s textbook alarm clock either. It was instead from the discussion he led. With knowledge and good 53 52
he made the material come
. His insight was full of both wisdom and loving-kindness. And the enthusiasm 54 with were contagious(有感染力的). I 55 the classroom
and joy that he
not only wide awake, but a little
56and a little better as well. 57 in class that day too.
I learned something far more important than not
I learned that if you are going to do something in this life，do it well，do it with
. What a wonderful place this would be if all of us did our work joyously and 59 then. Wake up! Let your love
well. Don’t sleep you’re your way through fill your work. Life is too 41. A. took 42. A. class 43. A. platform 44. A. benefit 45. A. heart 46. A. trouble 47. A. angrily 48. A. smiling 49. A. active 50. A. sound B. divided B. test 60
not to live it well. D. put D. lecture D. wall
C. stayed C. task
B. pillow B. help B. mind B. noise
C. carpet C. last
D. hurt D. head D. incident D. accidentally D. shouting
C. thought C. failure
B. carelessly B. talking B. curious B. shock
C. purposely C. complaining
C. present C. interruption
D. awake D. blow D. encouraging
51. A. fascinating 52. A. gesture 53. A. strange 54. A. taught 55. A. decorated 56. A. clearer 57. A. discussing 58. A. joy 59. A. work 60. A. hard 第二节
B. boring B. sense B. natural
C. puzzling C. humor C. handy C. combined C. left C. quieter C. cheating
D. design D. alive D. started D. entered D. stronger D. sleeping
B. spread B. filled B. smarter
B. speaking C. aim
B. speed B. life B. complex
D. determination D. college D. simple
C. journey C. short
语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Nowadays, millions 61 lonely singles are now going online instead. 62
World Wide Web is quickly becoming the world’s most popular matchmaker (媒人). Singles are flocking (涌向) to the Internet 63 (main) because their busy
lifestyles leave them little time to look for a significant other. Using dating sites (约会网址) is quick and convenient. Many singles say the regular dating scene 64
(just lead) them from one bad experience to else. Dating sites also make 66
and are ready to try something 67 you are not
easy to avoid someone 68
interested in. In the real world, be difficult.
, ignoring someone you don’t like can
Despite all the advantages, online dating also presents its own set of problems. People aren’t always those who they declare to be in their online Safety is another concern. You are just as you are Mr. or Miss Right. 第三节 选词填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 70 69 (describe).
(like) to find a criminal online
运用所给词汇的正确形式填入下列句子中，一空一词。 seriously gorgeous abandon shine discipline diploma approach enthusiastic breakdown astonish
facility starvation organize via
71. What an unlucky day! We missed the plane because our car had a __________ on the way to the airport! 72. Students need a high school __________ if they want to go to college. 73. The government has an interest in importing scientific __________. 74. Most of us really appreciate her because her teaching is so well __________ and clear. 75. Many animals die of __________ every year because their habitats have been destroyed. 76. Is this __________ or torture（折磨）for little kids? 77. Winter vacation is __________, but I still haven’t decided whether to go back home or not. 78. The sun __________, there was no wind and there were no clouds in the sky. 79. We spent the night on a/ an __________ farm. I felt a little bit frightened. 80. When we use metals, it is important to know how they react with different __________. 81. What I said is very important. You should take it __________.
82. The World Wide Web is a computer network that allows computer users to access information from websites __________ the Internet. 83. Jane is __________ about China now that she’s been there. 84. It’ s a __________ island with some really interesting architecture. 85. It __________ me that he could be so thoughtless. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分）
第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 短文中有 10 出语言错误。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1、 每句不超过 2 个错误； 2、 每处错误及其修改均限一词； 3、 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Our Autumn Outing Last Thursday, we have had a class meeting to discuss where to go for our autumn trip. We came up with several choice such as going boating, climbing a mountain, and going to an amusement park. Finally, we decided go mountain climbing. The next day, we left for early in the morning. While climbing the mountain, we enjoyed the warm sunshine and the beautiful sceneries. However, when we reached the top, we were shocking to see rubbish here and there, such as bottles and banana peels. We felt sadly that many tourists didn't take good care of the nature. Soon, we started to pick them up. With all the rubbish putting in the rubbish bin, the place looked much more beautiful than before. While we came back, it was 5:30 in the afternoon. We were tired but happy. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你叫李平，你的美国网友 Brian 想了解你的家乡成都的情况。请你根据提示给他写 一封回信。 1. 所在位置：中国西南
2. 主要特点：历史悠久；熊猫故乡；美食之都。 3. 现代城市：高楼大厦,购物中心林立；各种交通方式都很方便。近年已经开通地铁 1 号线(Subway Line One)，2 号线。3，4 号线将于年底开通。 4. 闲适的生活方式给所有来访者留下深刻印象。 注意： 1. 词数 120 词左右，书信的开头结尾已经给出，不计入总词数。 2. 不要逐字翻译，表达清楚要点即可。 3. 需适当增加连接词使行文连贯。 Dear Brian,
I’m glad you’re interested to know something about my hometown Chengdu, and I’m now making a brief introduction about it.
________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ I do hope that some day you’ll come to visit this city. Yours truly, Li Ping 成都七中高 2015-2016 学年度上期半期考试 高一年级英语答案 1-5CCACA 21-25ADADA 6-10BCAAB 26-30CADAB 11-15CBCAC 16-20BABCA 36-40CAFDG41-45CABDA 46-50BCADB
56-60BDABC 63.mainly 64.hasjustled 65.another66.it 67.who/whom
69.description 70.likely 72.diploma 76.discipline 73.facilities 77.approaching 81.seriously82.via
79.abandoned80.substances 85.astonished decided 后面加 to
83.enthusiastic84.gorgeous havehad 删除 have leavefor 删除 for sadly 改为 sad
choice 改为 choices sceneries 改为 scenery theNature 删除 the
shocking 改为 shocked While 改为 When
putting 改为 put