禁止想象才冒险，不禁介意准逃跑. consider suggest/advise look forward to excuse/pardon fanc
y(想象,设想) admit delay/put off practise avoid miss keep/keep on deny finish stop enjoy/appreciate forbid imagine risk escape can’t help mind allow/permit
feel like, give up, be used to, insist on, lead to, pay attention to, devote…to , stick to, object to, thanks to, thank you for, protect/prevent …from, be worth, succeed in, get down to, have some trouble /difficulty /problems (in)
spend time (in) doing等。
+to do 表示未做，+doing表示做过
remember doing sth.
remember to do sth.
forget doing sth. forget to do sth. regret doing sth. regret to do sth.
忘记曾经做过某事 忘记去做某事 后悔做过某事 后悔或遗憾地去做某事
go on doing sth. go on to do sth. stop doing sth. stop to do sth.
+to do 和doing 意思不一样 try doing sth. 试着做某事 try to do sth. 尽力去做某事 mean to do sth. 打算做某事 mean doing sth. 意味着…… can't help (to) do sth. can't help doing sth.
1.need/ want/ require doing Eg. Your hair needs cutting. The floor wants mopping. 2.be worth doing
= need / want / require to be done
Eg. The book is worth reading.
注意: advise/ allow/ permit/ forbid doing sth. 建议/ 允许/ 禁止做某事
advise/ allow/ permit/ forbid sb. to do sth.
建议/ 允许/ 禁止某人做某事
在句中作主语和宾语,其构成：物主代词（adj.)/ 人称代词(宾格）/名词所有格/普通格 + doing, 注 意物主代词和人称代词可做主语和宾语，名词所 有格和普通格只作宾语。
Eg. His/ Tom’s coming home late worries his mother.
被动语态：being done 否定形式：not doing
? 1. ? 2. ? 3.
I can’t stand being treated like that.
I can't stand making a friend with her. I thank you very much for your not telling the secret to others.
1. In some parts of London, missing a bus means________ for another hour. A. waiting B. to wait C. wait D. to be waiting 2. He is so busy that he can’t help _____ the classroom. A. cleaning B. to cleaning C. to clean D. cleaned
3. One learns a language by making mistakes and ______ them. A. correct C. corrects B. correcting D. to correct
4. She meant _____ but the look on your face suggested “No”. A. explaining C. explanation B. to explain D. to be explained
5. — I have been knocking at the door,
but no one answers. — Why not ____ at the back door? A. try knocking B. try to knock C. to try knocking D. to try to knock 6. As a young man from a rich family, can you imagine ____ in such a small and dirty place? A. to work B. yourself to work C. working D. work
7. My uncle is considering ______ his heath. A. improve B. to improve C. improving D. to be improved 8. We should keep ________ English every day. A. to practise speaking B. practise speaking C. practising speaking D. practising to speak
9. He got well-prepared for the job
interview, for he couldn’t risk
_______ the good opportunity. A. to lose C. to be lost B. losing D. being lost
10. She was so angry that she felt like ______ something at him. A. to throw C. throwing B. to have thrown D. having thrown
11. Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy ______ for her examination. A. to prepare B. to be prepared C. preparing D. being prepared 12. — When did you go to the States? — I remember _____ there when I was 10. A. having taken B. to be taken C. being taken D. to take
13. That you gave him such a book to read meant _____. A. to waste his time B. wasting his time C. being wasted his time D. to be wasted his time
14. Mr. Smith had meant ______ here
the next day, but he changed his mind.
A. leaving C. having left B. being left D. to leave
15. Smith enjoys ______ football on Sunday afternoon, doesn’t he? A. to be playing C. to play B. to playing D. playing