姓名 班级 学号 模块五 易错题汇总 1. John plays football ____, if not better than, David. A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 2. Although I enjoy ___to music, I don’t know
___about it. A. listen; many B. listening; much B. C. listening; many D. to listen; much 3. If you don’t go to the party, ___I. A. so do B. so will C. nor do D. neither shall 4. ----The light in the office is still on. ----Oh, I forget ___. A. turning it off B. to turn it off B. C. turning off it D. to turn off it 5. You can hardly imagine what great difficulty we had ___the work. A. to do B. done C. doing D. do 6. ----What do you suppose made her so unhappy? ---- ___ her wallet. A. lose B. Lost C. Losing D. To lose 7. ____ this possible effect may put us in a dilemma. A. Having overlooked B. Overlooked B. C. To overlook D. Overlooked 8. ----My brother is not good at speaking English. ----I suggest ___English for two hours every day. A. he practice speaking B. him to speak C. he speaking D. his practicing to speak 9. __ it is to have a picnic in the hills on such a nice day! A. What a fun B. How fun C. What fun D. How a fun 10. Readers can ___quite well without knowing the exact meaning of each word. A. get over B. get in C. get along D. get through 11. It was surprising that ___worms could eat up ___grain. A. so little ; so much B. such little; so much C. so little; such much D. such small; so many 12. They looked forward with hope ___from you, but you never wrote a word to them. A. of hearing B. to hear C. to hearing D. hearing 13. The boy wanted to play football in the street, but his parents told him ___. A. not to B not to do C. not do it D. do not to 14. He __to Shanghai, for I saw him a moment ago. A. must have gone B. can’t have gone C. mustn’t have gone D. can’t have been 15. The injured were lying in hospital ____the shock from the traffic accident. A. to suffer B. suffered C. suffered from D. suffering from 16. There ___in the world ___China is a great country with a long history and rich culture. A. are no doubt ; that B. are not doubts ; if C. is no doubt; that D. is not doubt; if
17. I can’t ____it when people speak with their mouths full. A. live B. stand C. keep D. take 18. The poster was revised ____the suggestions of other group members. A. based on B. to base on C. basing on D. which based on 19. John was late for the business meeting because his flight had been ____ by a heavy storm. A. kept B. stopped C. slowed D. delayed 20. There was nothing they could do___. A. but wait B. C. only to wait D. 21. ----Go for a picnic this weekend, OK? ---- ____. I love getting close to nature. A. I couldn’t agree more B.I afraid not. C. I believe not D. I don’t think so. 22.As a result of destroying the forests, a large ______ of desert _______ covered the land． A. number; has B.quantity; has C.number; have D.quantity; have 23.I want to buy a rope which is ________ this one． A.twice as longer as B.as twice long as C.twice the length of D.as twice as 24.The town is ________ than it was before． （B 级） A.hree times as large B.larger three times C.as large as three times D.three times larger 25. ______ be careful when crossing the street． A.Must B.Should C.Ought to D.Do 26. He _______ us to have a rest. A. suggested B. advised C. insisted D. hoped 27.— ______ makes her different from the other students? — Honesty, I think． A.How is it that B.How is that C.What is it that D. What it is that 28.The boy’s poor health ______ his parents a great deal． A.was concerned with B.concerned at C.concerning D.concerned about 29.After his first novel was published, he was ______ one of the most outstanding new authors of his generation． A.seen as B.saw as C.seen to D.seeing to 30.As these new products are not selling well, the members of the board(董事会)have decided to _____ production． A.cut down on B.cut off C.cut down D.cut up 31. me with the information, and you’ll get a sum of money． A. Provide B. Providing C. If provide D. To provide 32. Much to the couple’s comfort, their income is now double ___________ it was five years ago． A. that B. than C. which D. what 33. It seems you need to apologize quickly ________ a good friend． A. avoiding to lose B. to avoid losing C. avoiding losing D. to avoid to lose 34. Almost nobody can stand ________ fun of before a crowd of people． A. to be made B. to make C. being made D. making 35. What_____it is to travel in_______spaceship! A. a fun;a B. fun;a C. the fun;a
D. a fun;the
36. She_____the key. A. admitted taking C. admitted having taken A. do some housework C. to do some housework ---_________. A. So it is with me A. must have rained C. might rain 40. Who would you rather ______ that? A. have do C. have done A. have persuaded C. have tried to persuade 42. He seems to_______ before. A. go there C. have been there 43. When ____ they usually hesitate. A. asking A. but A. sitting; absorbed A. towards A. to A. asked A. possible B. asked B. so B. sit; absorb B. for B. at B. asking B. possibly C. to ask C. and D. being asked D. / D. sat; absorbed D. at D. on D. being asked D. Probable 44. Though they are friends, ______ they have something different. 45. When I entered, I found my father ______ on the sofa and ______ in a magazine. C. sitting; absorbing C. with C. in C. to ask C. likely 46. If you don’t change your attitude _______ English, you can’t improve it. 47. If you hesitate _______ everything, you’ll regret afterwards. 48. When ________ this question, she keeps silent. 49. He is _______ to come to the party this evening. B. has gone there D. has been there B. have to do D. had done B. have managed to persuade D.None B. So do I C. Nor do I B. must rain D. should have rained D. So am I 39. It ________ last night for the ground is wet. B. admitted to take D. admitted to have taken B. doing some housework D.A or C
37. I am so busy with my homework that I have to say to my mother :”Mum, I cannot help _____ .”
38. ---I like playing basketball but this morning I wouldn’t like to .
41. I _____ my father to give up smoking, but he is still chain-smoking all day.
50. Mr Smith is _________ to attend the party to be held next Wednesday.
A. possible B. probable C. likely D. seemingly D. to be watered
51. The young trees need ________ when it is dry. A. being watered B. to water C. watered
52. No one is used ________ at that way, I think. A. to being laughed B. to laugh C. to be laughed D. to laughing 53. Why _______ join us in the game! A. not to B. don’t C. not to D. not 54. Don’t forget ________the light when you left the room. A. to turn off B. turning off C. turn on D. turning on 55. _______ you the truth, I feel like _______ to bed at the present. A. Telling; going B. To tell; going C. Telling; to go D. To tell; to go 56. Stop talking! Let’s get down ________ at once. A. to working B. to work C. working D. work 57. He spent every minute he has _______ his _______ English. A. improved; spoken B. to improve; speaking C. to improve; speaking D. improving; spoken 58. The boy enjoys ________ as an adult. A. to treat B. treating C. to be treated D. being treated 59. —What makes mum so upset? —__________ from school, I think. A. Tom is absent B. Tom’s being absent C. Tom being absent D. Tom absent 60. The best way to avoid ________mistakes is to practise ________(speak). A. to make; to speak B. making; speaking C. to make; speaking D. making; to speak