邻水中学高 2017 届（高二上）中期考试
1．答题前，考生务必将自己的姓名．考号在答题卡相应栏内用签字笔或钢笔 填写清楚， 并将考号 栏下对应的数字框涂黑， 科目栏将 语文 擦掉， 再将 英语 [ ] ．． 涂黑。 2．选择题每小题
选出答案后，用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。 如需改动， 用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案标号,不能答在试题卷上。 （英语题号： 1—70） 3．考试时间：120 分钟，满分 150 分。 第I卷 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 （共 5 个小题：每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一道小题，从每题所给的 A B C 三个选项中选 出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来 回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What kind of news are the speakers talking about? A. Travel news. A. Run some tests. C. Check Sarah?s head again. 3. What game will the speakers play? A. Soccer. A. In a laundry. C. At a clothing store. 5. What are the speakers talking about? A. The recent weather events? B. The amount of water in the river. C. The local swimming pool. 第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) B. Baseball B. At a restaurant. C. Chess 4. Where are the speakers? B. Health news. C. Sports news. 2. What does the man want to do? B. Call Sarah?s husband.
听下面 5 段对话或独白。 每段对话或独白后有几个小题， 从题中所给的 A, B, C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读每个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What are the speakers celebrating? A. Easter Day C. The girl?s birthday. 7. How many eggs have not been painted yet? A. Thirteen. B. Twelve. C. Eleven. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What is the man trying to do? A. Help the woman find the most suitable room. B. Persuade the woman to get an expensive room. C. Reading a tourist destination to the woman. 9. What does the suit come with? A. A private assistant. A.$600 per night. B. An extra living room. B. $499 per night. C. A kitchen. C. $200 per night. 10. How much will the woman pay for her room? 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. Where is Mr. Michaels probably? A. At home. B. At a restaurant. C. In a meeting room. 12. Why does the man call Mr. Michaels? A. To invite him to dinner. B. To discuss the new contract. C. To discuss the sales program. 13. When does the conversation probably take place? A. Early in the morning. B. Late in the morning. C. Late in the afternoon. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 17 题. 14. Where does Jeff work now? A. At the shipping department. B. At the tax department. B. Christmas Day.
C. At the sales department. 15. What do the employees play on Wednesdays? A. Basketball. B. Soccer. C. Baseball.
16. How long is the woman?s vocation? A. Six weeks. B. Four weeks. C. Two weeks.
17. Where will Jeff probably go on vocation? A. To Peru. B. To Canada. C. To Central America.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题. 18. What features does the current Nike Fit have? A. It plays the radio. B. It tracks the heart rates. C. It is waterproof for up to 10 meters. 19. When will the current version be released? A. In one year. C. In one week. 20. What is the point of the product? A. Improving the health of the owner. B. Recording information for Nike to use. C. Entertaining the user while working out. B. In one month.
第二部分 单项选择题 （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分） 21. —where would you like to have your dinner, in a French restaurant or a Chinese one? —It ____ to me. A. is not to different C. is not a difference B. makes not a difference D. makes no difference
22. The monster often gets angry and will _____ anyone who goes ______ to it. A. attack； closely C. attack; close B. adapt； close D. adapt; closely
23. _____with other huge stars, the earth is just a small ball.
B. To compare
24. ____ I like the car, I don?t like the color of it. A. Unless 25. The boy and he B. However in bed the egg on the desk. B. lying; lied; lay; laid D. lay; lied; laid; lied C. While D. If an egg
that he had seen the cock
A. laying; lied; lay; laid C. lying; lay; laying; laid 26. Hardly
when I regretted saying it. B. did the word come out D. the word came out
A. had the word come out C. the word had come out
27. ______by his teachers made him regain the confidence in himself. A. Praised 28. B. Being praised C. Praising D. Having praised you respond to it. D. what
Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent A. that B. whether C. how
29. You fool! You cake. A. could wish C. can wish 30. The reason were too low. A. that; that C. why; because 第三部分
for a house full of wonderful food, but you only wished for a
B. could have wished D. may wish Spielberg could not go to the Film Academy was his grades
B. why; that D. that; because
阅读理解 (共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分)
第一节 （共 15 小题；每题两分，共 30 分） A How do you know if your home is an easy aim for thefts? Around the holidays, many families don't consider taking proper measures to prevent their homes from suffering holiday thefts. With just a few simple steps, you can better make sure of the safety of your home during all of the holiday celebrations. Here are a few tips for making it difficult to tell you are away from home.
● Set several different lights in your house on random timers (随机定时器). Don't leave your outdoor lights on all the time. Instead, put your outside lights on timers to be on during the nights. If an outdoor light remains on for days at a time, it means that nobody is home to turn it off. ● If you have pets that you are not taking with you on vacation, leave them with a friend, rather than having someone come into your house every day to take care of them. When thefts see a neighbor or friend entering your house every day, they will know you are not home. ● Close all your curtains when you leave town. This is effective to deter possible thefts, as no one can see what is in your house. If they don't know what there is to take, then the risk is even greater for them to break in. This article just has suggested a few tips to help you keep your house safe while you are on holiday. Nothing can truly protect your home unless you have it monitored by a professional home security system. 31. What is the main idea of the passage? A. to tell you to have your neighbor go to your house to take care of your pet. B. to let the outdoor lights on all the time. C. to tell us many families suffering from the thefts while they are on holiday. D. to tell us how to prevent the thefts around the holidays. 32. Most of the tips mentioned in the text seem to _____. A. be very popular with families C. give a false impression on thefts A. discover B. discourage B. have no effect on preventing thefts D. be a little hard to be brought into effect C. surprise B The following is a timetable in Shanghai Pudong International Airport． Airline Air Canada Japanese Airlines British Airways Pan American Flight Number Destination 137 320 405 226 Beijing Tokyo Paris London Departure Gate D. attract
33. The underlined word "deter" probably means "_____".
10:12 a．m． 24 10:30 a．m． 18 11:00 a．m． 20 11:20 a．m． 12
Pan American Air Canada CAAC CAAC British Airways
12 178 289 314 230
11:43 a．m． 15 12:32 a．m． 21
Hong Kong 12:32 a．m． 14 Moscow New York 12:45 a．m． 18 12:55 a．m． 23
34. A man wants to take Flight 178 to Tokyo． Which gate should he go to? A．14 B．28 C．21 D．18
35. Lisa is at gate 23． Where is she going? A．Paris B．Beijing C．Tokyo D．New York
36. Gate _______ is the busiest among all these gates． A．23 B．18 C．24 D．15
37. Which airline?s flights cover the longest route(行程)? A．CAAC Canada C Today we talk about proverbs. A proverb is a short, well- known saying that expresses a common truth or belief. Proverbs are found in most cultures and are often very old. In American history, Benjamin Franklin was famous for his proverbs. He lived in the 1700s and was a leader of the American Revolution against English rule. He was also a scientist, inventor and writer. Franklin published a book called Poor Richard's Almanac. He included many proverbs he had heard or created. Some of them are still used today, like:” Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” Franklin is also remembered for other proverbs like “A penny saved is a penny earned.” This means that money should not be wasted. Here are other examples of proverbs that Americans use. The first ones are about love. Some people say,” All is fair in love and war.” They mean that anything you do in a relationship or in battle is acceptable. Another proverb about love is, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” This means you love someone even more when he or she is far away. But other people say,” out of sight, out of mind.”You may not even think about B．Pan American C．British Airways D．Air
that person when he or she is not with you. Which of these proverbs do you think is most true? Another proverb says “Love is blind.” In other words, when you are in love with someone, you may refuse to see anything bad about that person. Some people are only interested in having a relationship with someone who is very good-looking. You might tell them that “Beauty is only skin deep.” Your girlfriend may be lovely to look at, but she may also have some bad qualities. Or your boyfriend is a wonderful person, but not good-looking. So what a person looks like is not really important. Sadly, we have no more time for this program. So we must say,” All good things must come to an end.” Thanks for listening. 38. Which of the following is TRUE about a proverb? A. A proverb is a long and famous saying. B. A proverb is often created by great people C. A proverb often holds a common truth. 3 D. Most proverbs are found in civilized cultures. 9. Which of following proverbs was created by Benjamin Franklin ____. A. Early birds catch worms. B. No pains, no gains. C. A penny saved is a penny earned. D. Out of sight, out of mind. 40. What does “Absence makes the heart grow fonder “mean? A. Love fades away with time going by. B. Love makes people stay closer and closer. C. Distance makes two people love each other more. D. People in love become more and more alike. 41. What is this passage likely to be used for? A. An English radio program. B. An English TV program. C. An English speech contest. D. An English textbook. D For the last couple of weeks, I had been stuck in front of my computer working on a project that was very important to me. My every waking hour was consumed by the project and although I imagined that I would feel happy after completing parts of the project, I was confused to find that instead, I was feeling rather depressed. I tried a range of methods to help cheer myself up. I had a relaxing bath, cooked a delicious meal to enjoy with my family and even watched a lighthearted movie, but to no avail. It was only when I turned to meditation(沉思)for a solution that the answer came to me: turn to nature! The very next day, I grabbed my camera and a bottle of water and set off to spend a few hours walking in a nature reserve, even though it was pouring with rain. Within a couple of minutes I felt alive again. To be honest, I felt like a young school girl again and had to stop myself from hopping along the path singing, "I'm singing in the rain", a song I used to sing when I was a child. I think as adults we often try too hard to control our inner children and as a result we restrain(限制) our own spirits, which only leads to depression and stress.
Interestingly, it has been shown that people who spend 40 minutes walking in a nature reserve have a drop in their blood pressure levels, but this does not happen when they spend a similar amount of time walking in a busy city centre. If you feel a little low in spirit and know that you have spent too much time indoors, relax completely, remove your shoes and let your inner child come out and play. 42. The author walked in a nature reserve in the rain in order to__________. A. take photos C. hop along the path A. uninteresting B. unrelated B. cheer herself up D. find a solution to the project C. unsuccessful D. unexpected
43. The underlined part "to no avail" in Paragraph 1 probably means "__________". 44. In the author's opinion, __________. A. a bath can make people relaxed B. adults should express their inner feelings freely C. walking in a busy city centre harms people's health D. depression is usually caused by hard work 45. The last paragraph mainly serves as a(n) __________. A. suggestion B. explanation C. introduction D. reminder
第二节 (共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有 两项为多余选项。 （如选 E 机读卡上涂“AB”，如选 F 机读卡上涂“AC”，如选 G 机读卡
Cats are the most popular pets among Americans.
Some cats like to catch small birds, like canaries (金丝雀). If someone looks very proud or satisfied with himself or herself, we say he or she looks like “the cat that ate the canary”. 47 . So if you “play cat and mouse” with someone, you change between different kinds of behavior when dealing with another person. For example, a child might offer something sweet to her little brother and then take it away when he reaches for it. One old and funny expression describes something that is the best. Americans might say that something is “the cat?s miaow (喵)”. 48 . Sometimes people sleep for a short time during the day. This is called “a cat nap”. If you tell about something that was supposed to be a secret, we say you “let the cat out of the bag”. 49 . Then someone might ask if “the cat has got your tongue”.
Have you ever watched children in a classroom when their teacher leaves for a few minutes? 5 0 . It means people sometimes misbehave when there is no supervision (监督). You may have heard this expression: curiosity killed the cat. This means being too concerned about things that are not your business might cause problems. A. When the cat is away, the mice will play. B. Sometimes you are not able to speak or answer a question. C. Sometimes, a cat likes to play with a small animal it catches. D. A cat will often catch a small animal and present it to its owner. E. You may have known that cats spend most of their time sleeping. F. So it is not surprising that there are many expressions with the word, “cat”. G. The saying “that looks like something the cat dragged in” describes something in bad condition. 第三节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分） I used to bury myself in despair （绝望） . Last year my mother 51 from stroke （中风）and had an operation on her brain. I felt my whole world turn upside down and I had no 52 what I could do to help her to relieve her 53 . Tears welled up in my eyes whenever I was alone. Last month I 54 a precious watch, which was an 18-year-old birthday gift from my father. I could not fall asleep for a couple of nights because I felt 55 about the loss. There have been many 56 like these in my life. I could never figure out how to deal with such tough things 57 I read “If You Have a Lemon, Make a Lemonade（柠檬 汁）" by American writer Dale Carnegie. “When the wise man is handed a lemon, he says, ?What 58 can I get from this? How can I 59 my situation? How can I turn this lemon into a lemonade?” he wrote. I suddenly 60 that life is full of ups and downs, so I need to stay 61 all the time. Now when I think of my past, I wish I could have handled things 62 . When my mother was fighting for 63 , I should have held her hands in mine, telling her things would get better instead of 64 and crying. Several weeks ago, I took part in a campus singing competition. I didn't 65 a prize. If I had not 66 this article, I would definitely have felt 67 again. But instead, I smiled after the competition. I was happy that at least I had got some stage 68 . Life is not just a bed of roses. There are thorns （刺） as well, but these thorns help us become 69 and strong. When life 80 us a lemon, let's try to make a lemonade. 51. A．resulted B．suffered C．survived D．escaped 52. A．hope 53. A．pain 54. A．received B．wonder B．anxiety B．sold C．idea C．fear C．fixed D．doubt D．pressure D．lost
55. A．unbelievable 56. A．diseases 57. A．when 58. A．lesson 59. A．control 60. A．realized 61. A．healthy 62. A．exactly 63. A．recovery 64. A．shouting 65. A．expect 66. A．figured out 67. A．embarrassed 68. A．performance 69. A．brave 70A．shows
B．enthusiastic B．memories B．until B．lemonade B．accept B．thought B．independent B．differently B．dream B．hiding B．miss B．written down B．discouraged B．experience B．calm B．makes
C．angry C．incidents C．though C．decision C．improve C．discovered C．serious C．easily C．freedom C．quarreling C．win C．put forward C．excited C．progress C．famous C．gives
D．terrible D．difficulties D．since D．challenge D．avoid D．predicted D．positive D．practically D．happiness D．challenging D．refuse D．come across D．concerned D．effect D．clever780. D．sends
第四部分 语法填空 (共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1 个单词)或括号内单词的正确式。 One 71 (rain) night, I was driving along a lonely highway 72 I saw a man
walking rapidly ahead of me along the side of the road. It was pouring rain and I slowed down to avoid 73 (splash) him as I went by. 74 (think) I was offering a ride and ran towards my car. He
He misunderstood, was
very tall, had a full beard and he scared me. I stepped on the gas pedal to leave _75_ (quick), and I saw the look of total despair in his eyes. Suddenly, all fear was 76 (go) and I backed up and unlocked my car door, praying (祈祷)this was not the 77 (big) mistake in my life but somehow knowing it would be okay. The man was a plumber （水暖工人） , 78 truck had got stuck in the mud.
He 79 (walk) for miles. No one would pick him up and his wife was in the hospital in
labor（分娩） with their first child! He had cried at the thought that he might not be there. We arrived at the hospital moments 80 his son was born.
第五部分 (共两节, 满分 35 分) 第一节 短文改错 (共 10 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文, 请你修改你同桌写的以下作 文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。 每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、 删除或修改。 增加: 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除: 把多余的词用斜线( \ )划掉。 修改: 在错词下划一横线, 并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意: 1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改 10 处, 多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 A young man called Low-Carbon Brother become a hit on the Internet in 2011. He suggests living a low carbon life, which means using less energy in our daily life so that we can help reducing carbon dioxide in the air. For example, she always picks up some waste paper on the street or uses the blank side to write something. While he is watching TV, he always turns up the screen brightness and turns off the light. Therefore, he goes to work by bike instead of driving. Some people think what he is doing is just a show. No one can live such a simply life with so many modern invention around us. As far as I am concerned, I am strongly in favor his idea and his behavior. Although what he is doing has no huge effect on global warming, but he at least can enjoy a healthy life. 第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分)
现国家即将全面实施二孩政策，此举引起了热议。一些人比较欢迎这一政策， 认为老了会有更多依靠。孩子也有玩伴。但是相当多的中青年夫妻担心经济压力， 精力不够。你认为呢？阐述理由 120 词左右 二孩政策 two-child policy
班级 考号 姓名 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------密--------------------------------------------------封---------------------------------------------线------------------------------------------------
邻水中学高 2017 届（高二上）中期考试
第Ⅱ卷(共两部分，满分 50 分)
第四部分 语法填空 (共 10 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 15 分) 61. ____________62. _________ 63. __________64. ____________65. ______________ 66. ____________ 67. _________68. __________ 69. ____________ 70. ______________ 第五部分 (共两节, 满分 35 分) 第一节 短文改错 (共 10 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文, 请你修改你同桌写的以下作 文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。 每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、 删除或修改。 增加: 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除: 把多余的词用斜线( \ )划掉。 修改: 在错词下划一横线, 并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意: 1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改 10 处, 多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。
A young man called Low-Carbon Brother become a hit on the Internet in 2011. He suggests living a low carbon life, which means using less energy in our daily life so that we can help reducing carbon dioxide in the air. For example, she always picks up some waste paper on the street or uses the blank side to write something. While he is watching TV, he always turns up the screen brightness and turns off the light. Therefore, he goes to work by bike instead of driving. Some people think what he is doing is just a show. No one can live such a simply life with so many modern invention around us. As far as I am concerned, I am strongly in favor his idea and his behavior. Although what he is doing has no huge effect on global warming,
but he at least can enjoy a healthy life. 第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) 现国家即将全面实施二孩政策，此举引起了热议。一些人比较欢迎这一政策， 认为老了会有更多依靠。孩子也有玩伴。但是相当多的中青年夫妻担心经济压力， 精力不够。你认为呢？阐述理由 120 词左右 二孩政策 two-child policy