试卷说明：1、本试卷满分 150 分，答题时间 120 分钟。 2、请将答案直接填涂在答题卡上，考试结束只交答题卡。 第一部分：选择题（共四节, 满分 90 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白
处的最佳选项。 1. ________it is to throw snowballs at each other on the playground after snow! A. How fun B. What fun C. What a fun D. How funny 2.We find ______ easy to get along with our new teachers here. A. that B. it C. this D. 不填 3.--Tom is _____ to computer games. --No wonder he is not doing well in school recently. A. interested B. curious C. crazy D. addicted 4.The computer system _______suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet. A. broke down B. broke out C. broke up D. broke in 5.Her singing career _______ after an appearance in the Spring Festival TV Show ten years ago. A. got off B. put off C. set off D. took off 6. Is this the first time that Jack ______ this kind of food? A. enjoys B. has enjoyed C. enjoyed D. had enjoyed 7. He is a man with rich experience, _________ much can be learned. A. who B. from who C. from whom D. what 8. _______ is known to us all, America is a developed country _________ the First World. A. As; belongs to B. As; belonging to C. What; belonging to D. It; belongs to 9. —I won the first prize in the English speech contest held in our school last month! —_______! A. Thank you B. Enjoy yourself C. Congratulations D. Good Luck 10. Reading is ____ good habit. Stick to it, and you‘ll make _______ progress. A. a, / B. a, a C. /, a D. the, a 11. Prices of daily goods _______through a computer can be lower than store prices. A. are bought B. bought C. been bought D. buying 12. Frank put the medicine in the top drawer to make sure it would not be _____ to the kids. A. relative B. accessible C. acceptable D. changeable 13. _____ the difficult maths problem, I have consulted(咨询) Professor Russell several times. A. Working out B. Worked out C. To work out D. Work out 14. Tsinghua University, _____ in 1911, is home to a great number of outstanding figures. A. found B. founding C. founded D. to be founded 15. Do you get up every morning _____ energetic and ready to start a new day?
A. feel B. feeling C. to feel D. felt 16. Swimming is my favorite sport. There is _____ like swimming as a means of keeping fit. A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything 17. To my great surprise, he wasn‘t _____ when he heard the _____ news. A. surprising; surprising B. surprised; surprising C. surprised; surprised C. surprising; surprised 18. We really appreciate _____ to your party on Saturday. A. inviting B. to invite C. being invited D. to be invited 19. When I was young, I _____ in a faraway village for several years, which is unforgettable. A. lived B. have lived C. was lived D. had lived 20. The roads are crowded _____ walking is quicker than driving. A. in order that B. so that C. so as to D. in order to 第二节：阅读理解。阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 （共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A When you are little, the whole world feels like a big playground. I was living in Conyers, Georgia the summer it all happened. I was a second grader, but my best friend Stephanie was only in the first grade. Both of our parents were at work and most of the time they let us go our own way. It was a hot afternoon and we decided to have an adventure in Stephanie‘s basement. As I opened the basement door, before us lay the biggest room, full of amazing things like guns, dolls, and old clothes. I ran downstairs, and spotted a red steel can. It was paint. I looked beyond it and there lay even more paint in bright colors like purple, orange, blue and green. ―Stephanie, I just found us a project for the day. Get some paintbrushes. We are fixing to paint.‖ She screamed with excitement as I told her of my secret plans and immediately we got to work. We gathered all the brushes we could find and moved all of our materials to my yard. There on the road in front of my house, we painted big stripes ( 条纹) of colors across the pavement (人行道). Stripe by stripe, our colors turned into a beautiful rainbow. It was fantastic! The sun was starting to sink. I saw a car in the distance and jumped up as I recognized the car. It was my mother. I couldn‘t wait to show her my masterpiece. The car pulled slowly into the driveway and from the look on my mother‘s face, I could tell that I was in deep trouble. My mother shut the car door and walked towards me. Her eyes glaring, she shouted, ―What in the world were you thinking? I understood when you made castles out of leaves, and climbed the neighbors‘ trees, but this! Come inside right now!‖ I stood there glaring back at her for a minute, angry because she had insulted (侮辱) my art. ―Now go clean it up!‖ Mother and I began cleaning the road. Tears ran down my cheeks as I saw my beautiful rainbow turn into black cement(水泥). Though years have now passed, I still wonder where my rainbow has gone. I wonder if, maybe when I get older, I can find my rainbow and never have to brush it away. I guess we all need some sort of rainbow to brighten our lives from time to time and to keep our hopes and dreams colorful.
21. What did the writer want to do when his mother came home? A. To introduce Stephanie to her. B. To show his artwork to her. C. To put the materials back in the yard.
D. To prevent her from seeing his painting. 22. In his mother‘s eyes, the writer _____. A. always caused trouble B. was a born artist C. was a problem solver D. worked very hard 23. The underlined word ―rainbow‖ in the last paragraph refers to _____. A. the rainbow in the sky B. something imaginative and fun C. the stripes on the pavement D. important lessons learned in childhood 24. It can be learned from the passage that parents should ______. A. protect rather than destroy children‘ s dreams B. value friendship among children C. discover the hidden talent in children D. encourage children to paint B ―Life is speeding up. Everyone is getting unwell.‖ This may sound like something someone would say today. But in fact, an unknown citizen who lives in Rome in AD53 wrote it. We all love new inventions. They are exciting, amazing and can even change our lives. But have all these developments really improved the quality of our lives? Picture this: You‘re rushing to finish your homework on the computer. Your mobile phone rings, a QQ message from your friend appears on the screen, the noise from the television is getting louder and louder. Suddenly the computer goes blank and you lose all your work. Now you have to stay up all night to get it done. Why do you think people who live far away from noisy cities, who have no telephones, no cars, not even any electricity often seem to be happier? Perhaps because they lead simpler lives. One family in the UK went back in time to see what life was like without all the inventions we have today. They had no washing machine, microwave, computer or mobile phones. The grandmother, Lyn, said: ―It was hard physically. But not mentally.‖ She believed life was less materialistic (重物质享受的). ―The more things you have, the more difficult life becomes,‖ she said. The boys said they fought less. Probably, they said, because there was less to fight over, such as their computer. Here are some simple ways to beat the stress often caused by our inventions! Don‘t be available all the time. Turn off your mobile phone at certain times of the day. Don‘t check your e-mails every day. Don‘t reply to somebody as soon as they leave a text message just because you can. It may be fun at first, but it soon gets annoying. With the Internet and so much information available, we are expected to know everything all the time, but don‘t be afraid to say sometimes: ―I don‘t know‖. Make sure you spend some time talking to your family. Set aside one evening a week when you don‘t turn on the television. Play cards and chat instead.
25. The passage is mainly about ______. A. problems with technology B. improvements of our life with technology C. the important roles technology plays in our everyday life D. major changes which will be likely to happen to technology
26. The writer uses the quote (引语) at the beginning of the story to ______. A. introduce the topic B. tell us what life was like long time ago C. make the passage interesting D. point out that everyone is experiencing some serious problems 27. Why did the family choose to spend some time in a 1940s house? A. Because they loved to live simple lives. B. Because they were curious(好奇的) about how people lived without modern inventions. C. Because they were troubled by modern inventions. D. Because living in a different time would be a lot of fun for them. 28. What do you think the underlined word ―available‖ means? A. busy on line. B. happy. C. be able to. D. be found by others. C I was in a rush as always, but this time it was for an important date(约会) I just couldn‘t be late for! I found myself at a checkout counter behind an elderly woman in no hurry as she paid for her groceries（食 品杂货）. A PhD student with not a lot of money, I had hurried into the store to pick up some flowers. We were in Boston, a place not always known for small conversation between strangers. The woman stopped emptying her basket and looked up at me. She smiled. It was a nice smile – warm and comforting – and I returned her gift by smiling back. ―Must be a special lady, whoever it is that will be getting those beautiful flowers,‖ she said. ―Yes, she‘s special,‖ I said, and then to my surprise, the words kept coming out. ―It‘s only our second date, but somehow I am just having the feeling she‘s ?the one‘,‖ Jokingly, I added, ―The only problem is that I can‘t figure out why she‘d want to date a guy like me.‖ ―Well, I think she‘s very lucky to have a boyfriend who brings her such lovely flowers and who is obviously in love with her,‖ the woman said. ―My husband used to bring me flowers every week – even when times were tough and we didn‘t have much money. Those were unbelievable days; he was very romantic and – of course – I miss him since he has passed away.‖ I paid for my flowers as she was gathering up her groceries. Almost without any hesitation（犹豫）, I walked up to her. I touched her on the shoulder and said, ―You were right, you know. These flowers are indeed for a very special lady.‖ I handed her the flowers and thanked her for such a nice conversation. It took her a moment to realize that I was giving her the flowers I had just bought. ―You have a wonderful evening,‖ I said. I left her with a big smile and my heart warmed as I saw her smelling the beautiful flowers. I was slightly late for my date that night and told my girlfriend the above story. A couple of years later, when I finally worked up（增加） the courage to ask her to marry me, she told me it was that night that I won her heart. 29. What does the phrase ―her gift‖ refer to? A. Her smile. B. Her words. C. Her flowers. D. Her politeness.
30. The writer gave his flowers to the elderly lady because she ______. A. started the conversation first B. gave him encouragement C. allowed him to pay first D. liked the flowers very much 31. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. The writer was originally quite sure about the reason why his girlfriend was fond of him. B. The writer managed to buy some flowers for his girlfriend on each date.
C. People in Boston didn‘t always start small talk with someone they didn‘t know. D. It took the writer a while to decide whether to give the elderly lady the flowers or not. 32. What can be concluded from the passage? A. Flowers are important for a date. B. Small conversation is helpful. C. Elderly people need respecting. D. Love and kindness are rewarding. D Dear Guests, WELCOME TO PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL APARTMENTS--SYDNEY Now we are updating (更新) our information folders(文件夹) in the rooms in order to help you during your stay. Please notice the following: Phone number: Reception(接待处): Dial 7 Housekeeping: Dial 4 Apartment-to-Apartment: dial the apartment number ( except 1st floor apartments: dial the apartment number followed by the ＃key) Outside line: dial 0, wait for dial tone, and then the number required. Please keep your key with you at all times. The main doors to the apartments are locked from about 10:30 pm ~ 07:00 am, and you will need to swipe (刷卡) your key to gain access (通道) to the apartment. If in the event of the fire alarm(警报) sounding please stay calm. If evacuation ( 疏散 ) is necessary, please go to the fire exits. DO NOT USE LIFTS. Remember to take your valuables and key with you. When you go down, please gather at the Wishing Tree and the Corner of Sussex and Hay Street. And either the Fire Brigade, a staff member or hotel security will issue necessary instructions. For future details on this, please dial 7. Please see reception for any advice on tours and Sydney's attention, and please dial 7 if you want any further information. We hope your stay with us is an enjoyable one. Kind regards, Paul Williams Guest Services Manager 33. How can you dial from your room in Pacific to Room 115 on the 1st floor? A. Just dial 115. B. Dial 6, then 115. C. Dial 115 and press the # key. D. Press the # key, then dial 115. 34. In case of fire in Pacific, guests should _______. A. dial 7 and wait for the hotel security B. take their keys and leave Pacific by lifts C. leave Pacific through the fire exits D. be together with the Fire Brigade
35. This letter most probably appears in ______. A.at the train station B. the official guide C. a manager‘ s office D. a guest‘ s room 第三节：完形填空(共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。
―I‘ve been writing a book, John. Do you think anyone would be interested in 36 lady.
it?‖ said the old
John took 37 the papers from her shaking hand and 38 her in a chair. He remembered her rich 39 in the early days of the Old West. He looked through the papers. ―It‘s good, Grandma.‖ He said gently. Then realizing that she couldn‘t hear him, he shouted into her 40 . ―I think it‘s very good. I‘ ll 41 it to a publisher.‖ Ten days later, he reported that the publisher had had time to read only a few pages. But he was so interested that he had sent $100 for an option(版权). 42 money would be given as an advance(预付金). Every month John brought $100 for her with a letter from the publisher telling about the 43 of the book. One morning, three months after her 100th birthday, Grandma didn‘t get up. The doctor told her that she couldn‘t 44 more than a few days. She was 45 to go, but she first wanted her book to be in 46 . John promised that she would get the book very soon. Grandma 47 on until the day the book came into her hands, with the title and her name on the cover. Though she couldn‘t see it, she could 48 it. She 49 felt her name with her fingers, tears in her eyes. Two hours later, she died peacefully, still holding her book. Her granddaughter took up the book and opened it. ―Why, it‘s just blank(空白的) pages!‖ she cried in 50 . John‘s face turned 51 . Then the girl understood. There never was a book. Grandma couldn‘t 52 the little bell when the typewriter came to the end of the line. She would keep on working, not 53 the whole sentences and sometimes the paragraphs were 54 . John did not tell her, for he couldn‘t take away her only 55 . It was John himself who had written the letters and sold his car to pay the advance. 36. A. buying B. publishing C. borrowing D. lending 37. A. up B. over C. on D. off 38. A. caught B. took C. brought D. seated 39. A. memories B. experiences C. thoughts D. family 40. A. ears B. eyes C. face D. head 41. A. throw B. put C. send D. lift 42. A. Some B. Much C. Enough D. More 43. A. name B. progress C. writer D. cover 44. A. die B. insist C. last D. keep 45. A. worried 46. A. time 47. A. did 48. A. read 49. A. proudly 50. A. anger 51. A. white 52. A. see 53. A. writing 54. A. missing 55. A. hope B. anxious B. store B. took B. smell B. quickly B. joy B. red B. smell B. knowing B. finished B. book C. ready C. sale C. made C. hear C. rapidly C. surprise C. gray C. hear C. thinking C. completed C. life D. eager D. print D. lived D. touch D. luckily D. tears D. pale D. taste D. wanting D. ended D. paper
第四节：任务型阅读。根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有 两项为多余选项，请把答案写在答题卡上。 （共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） I‘m 30 years old, and there are several things that life has taught me that I want to share with you. Here are the 4 lessons that life has taught me in the past 30 years.
Take care of your body. Life is ―unfairly‖ biased (偏向的) towards people who ―look good‖, like it or not. So it‘s important that you do all that is in your power to look your best. 56 You will live longer, and you will live happier, if you take care of your body; you may even get promoted faster on your job. Remember that your health is really your greatest wealth. 57 No one taught me to save when I was growing up; no one told me the importance of saving. Fortunately, I was able to learn the value of saving through reading great books like ―The Millionaire Next Door‖. What I want to teach others is to save at least twenty percent of your income. If you are to be wealthy, you must not just earn a lot, you must save a lot. Think in the long term. In high school I was thinking about college, in college I was thinking about life after college. I‘m designing my life and I‘m making decisions today that will enable me to live the life I desire when I‘m in my 40‘s, 50‘s and 60‘s. You have to think in the long term; you have to see the ― big picture‖. 58 Realize the power of focus. Focus, focus, focus… 59 If you fail in this lifetime, you will fail because of broken focus. If you focus on the goals that are most important to you, you will achieve them. The problem is that there are so many distractions(使人分心的事). 60 Winners decide to major on majors, and they even let important things slip, because they just focus on achieving what is critical(极重要的) to their goals. A. Save your money. B. The importance of saving. C. If you plan your future properly, you will live into your plans. D. I mean dressing nicely, working out and eating right. E. It‘s critical that you pursue relationships with individuals who are good first. F. Nothing is more critical than focus. G. What separates the winners from the losers is that the winners learn to focus on their goals. 第二部分： 非选择题 （共四节，满分 60 分） 第一节：语法填空。阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的 正确形式。请在答题卡上作答。 （共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） Once there were two mice, a city mouse and a country mouse. They were 61 (distance) relatives. One day the city mouse, who lived in a big house 62 (write) a letter to the country mouse inviting him for a visit. 63 (delight), the country mouse accepted the invitation and came to the city mouse‘s house. He was greeted by the city mouse 64 (cheerful). The country mouse was surprised how big the house was. The city mouse was pleased 65 led the country mouse to the kitchen. When they climbed up the table, there 66 a large piece of bread, fruit and cheese on it. But just as they began to eat, they heard 67 great noise. The city mouse cried, ―Run! Run! The cat 68 (come)!‖ They ran away quickly and hid. 69 (breathe) heavily after hiding in the mouse-hole, the country mouse said to the city mouse, ―I should go back to my house in the country. Even if I eat nothing but beans, I can live peacefully. Why don‘t you come with me to the country? It is 70 (good) to be poor and happy, than to be rich and afraid.‖ 第二节：单词拼写。请用单词的适当形式填空。 请在答题卡上作答。 （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满 分 10 分） 71. He jumped over the fence, ran across the field, and __________（消失）into the woods.
72. It is important to have a positive ________（态度）when we begin to work on everything. 73. Of course these days you can also get a lot of useful ________（信息）from the Internet. 74. Do you have any ________（先前的）experience of this kind of work? 75. Arriving late won‘t create a very favorable __________(印象) 76. The search was a_____________ when night came, even though the child had not been found. 77. Studies show that people are more l_________ to suffer from back problems if they always sit before computer screens for long hours. 78. You must ask p_____ before taking any photographs inside the museum. 79. More than100 people were killed in the crash and only 5 passengers s_________. 80. It is important for our health to have a balanced d__________. 第三节：短文改错。在答题卡上作答。 （共 10 小题, 每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 正文中共有 10 处语言错误，请在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加：在缺词处加一 个漏词符号∧，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。删除：把多余的词用斜线\划掉。修改：在错的词下 划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不记分。 Once a man asked a painter to painting a picture for him. He told the artist he didn‘t want to any shadows in the picture, just sunshine, but the artist did so. When the man saw the finished picture, he was disappointing. Without shadows, everything in the picture looks flat and unreal. The point of the story is that we need both shadows and sunshine to have a completely picture, just as we need both rain and sun to have living world. People, too, needs both sadness and happiness. We often learn important lesson during sad times. So when we feel sad, we should try to stop and think about that we might learn from the experience. 第四节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 模拟联合国机构(Model United Nations 简称 MUN)计划在你校吸纳新成员， 要求报名者提交英文个人 简历。假设你是李平，请根据下列信息写一篇个人简历。 姓名：李平 性别：女 年龄：16 岁 爱好与特长：自拟 目的： 1. 结交朋友，开拓视野。 2. 提高英文水平。 3. 学会合作，提高解决问题的能力。 注意：1. 词数 100 左右（开头已给出，不计入总词数） 。 2. 根据内容要点适当增加细节， 以使行文连贯。 3. 参考词汇： 开拓视野 broaden one‘s horizon 提高 improve 合作 cooperate Dear Sir/Madam, I‘m writing to introduce myself, with the hope of being recruited( 吸纳 ) as a member of MUN._________________________________________________________________________ _______ _______ _______ _______ _______
本试卷满分 150 分，答题时间 120 分钟。 第一部分：选择题（共四节, 满分 90 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 1-5:BBDAD 6-10:BCBCA 11-15:BBCCB 16-20:CBCAB 第二节：阅读理解（共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 21-24:BABA 25-28:AABD 29-32:ABCD 33-35:CCD 第三节：完形填空(共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分) 36-40:BBDBA 41-45:CDBCC 46-50:DDDAC 51-55:BCBAA 第四节：任务型阅读（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 56-60:DACFG 第二部分： 非选择题 （共四节，满分 60 分） 第二节：语法填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 61.distant 62.wrote 63.Delighted 64.cheerfully 65.and 66.was 67.a 68.is coming 69.Breathing 70.better 第二节：单词拼写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 71.disappeared 72.attitude 73.information 74.previous 75.impression 76.abandoned 77.likely 78.permission 79.survived 80.diet 第三节：短文改错（共 10 小题, 每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
81.painting 改为 paint 82.删掉 want 后面的 to 83.but 改为 and 或 so 84.disappointing 改为 disappointed 85.looks 改为 looked 86.completely 改为 complete 87.living world 前加 a 88.needs 改为 need 89.lesson 改为 lessons 90.that 改为 what 第四节：书面表达（满分 25 分） I‘m writing to introduce myself, with the hope of being recruited(吸纳) as a member of MUN. I‘m a 16-year-old girl called Li Ping. I like music. I‘m also interested in photography because it allows me to record the beautiful moments in my life. I‘m good at communicating with others and always ready to help others. Furthermore, I love peace, and I hope all nations in the world can live in a peaceful environment and lead a happy life. The purpose of my intending to join the MUN is to make more friends and broaden my horizon. What‘s more, my English can be improved greatly. Most importantly, I can improve the ability to solve problems by cooperating with others. I hope I can do something to the world peace. Thanks for reading my letter, and I will appreciate it very much if I am recruited. Yours sincerely, Li Ping