太和中学 2015 级高一宏志班班第三次月考
本试卷分为第 I 和第 II 卷，答题时间 120 分钟，满分 150 分。答题时，请 将答案填写在答题卡指定位置。交卷时，只交答题卡。
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答
案 转涂到答题卡上。 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 称钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1.What does the woman want to do ? A.Find a place. B. Buy a map. C.Get an address. 2.What subject does the man like best? A. History B.Biology C.Chemistry. 3.What does the man want to do? A.Take photos B.Buy a camera C.Help the woman. 4.What will the man buy? A.Vegetables B.Meat. C.Bread. 5.Where does this conversation probably take place? A. In a book B. In a classroom C.In a library.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1．5 分，满分 22．5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个 小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。
6. When will the woman go to see the movie? A. Friday. B. Saturday C. Sunday. 7. Where will the woman sit for the movie? A. In the front . B.In the middle . C. At the back.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。
8. What does the man want to talk about? A. Lucy’s poor health. B. Lucy’s school education C.Lucy’s work performance. 9. What did the customer at Table 4 do that annoyed Lucy ? A. He praised her . B. He made a complaint. C.He ordered the special offer 10. Why is Lucy in low spirits? A. She hasn’t made a plan. B. She hasn’t realized her dream. C. She hasn’t become a good waitress.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。
11. Why did the man come back late?
A. He went to the bar. B.He met his teacher. C. He played basketball. 12. What did the woman do this morning? A.She took a physics test. B.She had a meeting C.She held a party. 13. What will the woman do after the conversation? A. See her friends. B. Go to the school C. Prepare dinner
听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 17 题。
14. What does Jan consider most important when he judges a restaurant? A.Where the restaurant is. B. Where the prices are low. C. How well the food is prepared. 15. When did Jan begin to write for a magazine? A. After he came back to Sweden. B. Before he went to the United States C. As soon as he got his first job in 1982. 16. What may Jan do to find a good restaurant ? A. Talk to people in the street B.Speak to taxi drivers C.Ask hotel clerks 17. What do we know about Jan? A. He cooks for a restaurant. B.He travels a lot for his work. C.He prefers American food.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。
18. What is the woman doing now? A. She is serving a customer. B. She is conducting an interview C. She is doing some recording. 19. When does the man go to the nursing home? A. Tuesdays. B.Thursdays. C.Sundays. 20. Where will the man probably be working next Monday? A. At the airport nearby. B.In the studio next door C.At the store downtown.
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。
A The most important day Helen Keller remembered in all her life was the one on which her teacher, Anne Sullivan, came to her. It was three months before she was seven years old. On the afternoon of that day, Helen knew that something was happening. She went outside and waited at the door of the house. She could feel the sun on her face and she could touch the leaves of the plants. Then she felt someone walking towards her. She thought it was her mother and she went to her and held her close. This was the teacher who had come to teach all things to her and, above all, to love her. The next morning, the teacher took her into her room and gave her a doll. When Helen was playing with it, Miss. Sullivan slowly spelled the word “d－o－l－l” onto her hand. Helen learnt a lot of words like this. After the teacher had been with her for several weeks, Helen understood that everything had a name. One day Helen didn’t understand the difference between “mug” and “water”. She became angry and threw the doll on the floor. In her quiet, dark world she didn’t feel
sorry for doing it. Then her teacher took her out into the warm sunshine. They walked down to the well where someone was drawing water. Her teacher put her hand under the water and spelled the word “w－a－t－e－r” at the same time in her other hand. Suddenly, Helen felt an understanding. She knew then that “w－a－t－e－r” was the wonderful cool something flowing over her hand. That living word awakened her spirit, gave it light, hope, fun and set it free! 21. How was the girl different from other children？ A. She didn’t know how to play games. B. She was angry all the time. C. She couldn’t speak. D. She was deaf and blind. 22. Helen learnt new words when ______. A. she went to the well B. Miss. Sullivan spelled them on her hand C. the teacher gave her a doll D. she knew the difference between two words 23. What can the reader learn from the passage？ A. How to spell different words and understand their meanings. B. The way to feel sorry for doing something wrong. C. The idea of how to describe things and make them feel real. D. When someone is drawing water, we should go to feel it. B People in the United States honor their parents with two special days：Mother’s Day, on the second Sunday in May, and Father’s Day, on the third Sunday in June. These days are set aside to show love and respect for parents. They raise their children and educate them to be responsible (有责任感的) citizens. They give love and care. These two days make us think about the changing roles of mothers and fathers. More mothers now work outside the home. More fathers must help with child care. These two special days are celebrated in many different ways. On Mother’s Day people wear carnations. A red one symbolizes a living mother. A white one shows that the mother is dead. Many people attend religious services to honor parents. It is also a day when people whose parents are dead visit the cemetery (墓地).On these days families get together at home, as well as in restaurants. They often have outdoor barbecues for Father’s Day. These are days of fun and good feelings and memories. Another tradition is to give cards and gifts. Children make them in school. Many people make their own presents. These are valued more than the ones bought in stores. It is not the value of the gift that is important, but it is “the thought that counts”. Greeting card stores, florists, candy makers, bakeries, telephone companies, and other stores do a lot of business during these holidays. 24. Which of the following is NOT a reason for children to show love and respect for parents? A. Parents bring up children. B. Parents give love and care to children. C. Parents educate children to be good persons. D. Parents pass away before children grow up. 25. What do you think “florists” do? A. They sell flowers. B. They make and sell bread. C. They offer enough room for having family parties. D. They sell special gifts for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
26. What do you know from the passage? A. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are both in May. B. Fewer women worked outside the home in the past. C. Not all the children respect their parents D. Fathers are not as important as mothers at home. 27. On Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, ________. A. people usually have family parties B. everyone goes to visit the cemetery C. children always go to parents’ home D. hand-made cards are the most valuable gifts C In modern society there is a great deal of argument about competition. Some value it highly ， believing that it is responsible for social progress and prosperity.Others say that competition is bad；that it sets one person against another； that it leads to unfriendly relationship between people. I have taught many children who held the belief that their self worth relied (依 赖)on how well they performed at tennis and other skills.For them，playing well and winning are often life and death affairs.In their single minded pursuit( 追求 )of success，the development，of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten.? However，while sonic seem to be lost in die desire to succeed，others take an opposite attitude.In a culture which values only die winner and pays no attention to the ordinary players，they strongly blame competition. Among the most vocal are youngsters who have suffered under competitive pressures from their parents or society.Teaching these young people，I often observe in them a desire to fail.They seem to seek failure by not trying to win or achieve success.By not trying，they always have an excuse：“I may have lost，but it doesn’t matter because I really didn’t try.”What is not usually admitted by themselves is the belief that if they had really tried and lost，that would mean a lot.Such a loss would be a measure of their worth.Clearly，this belief is the same as that of the true competitors who try to prove themselves.Both are based on the mistaken belief that one’s self respect relies on how well one performs in comparison with others.Both are afraid of not being valued.Only as this basic and often troublesome fear begins to dissolve(缓解) can we discover a new meaning in competition. 28.What does this passage mainly talk about? ? A.Competition helps to set up self-respect.? B.Opinions about competition are different among people.? C.Competition is harmful to personal quality development.? D.Failures are necessary experiences in competition.? 29.Why do some people favor competition according to the passage? ? A.It pushes society forward. B.It builds up a sense of duty.? C.It improves personal abilities. D.It encourages individual efforts.? 30.The underlined phrase “the most vocal” in Paragraph 3 means . A.those who try their best to win ? B.those who value competition most highly ? C.those who are against competition most strongly ?
D.those who rely on others most for success 31.What is the similar belief of the true competitors and those with a “desire to fail”? A.One’s worth lies in his performance compared with others.? B.One’s success in competition needs great efforts.? C.One’s achievement is determined by his particular skills.? D.One’s success is based on how hard he has tried. D SOMETIMES we make friends with unexpected people. For example, who would have thought that a spider would make friends with a pig? But in E. B. White's classic novel "Charlotte's Web", this is exactly what happens. The pair will appear in a movie at the end of this year. In the story, Wilbur is an ill-fated (倒霉的) pig. When he is born, he is so small that the farmer decides to end the pig's life. Fortunately, the farmer's daughter stops him from killing Wilbur and volunteers to raise the pig in a barnyard ( 谷仓前的空 地) . Wilbur grows day by day and makes many friends in the barnyard, including the spider, Charlotte. However, one day a sheep tells Wilbur that he will be served up as dinner. But, Charlotte is determined to save her friend from this danger. By making words such as "famous pig" in her web, she persuades the farmer that Wilbur is some sort of supernatural (神奇的) animal, too important to kill. After Wilbur is saved, Charlotte is so tired that she finally dies. Unusually, the author makes a spider the heroine (女英雄) of the book. Spiders are normally creatures many people regard with fear. Charlotte does everything in her power to keep Wilbur alive. It shows how a strong friendship can last through the worst possible times. Who would you like to make friends with if you could? 32. The purpose of this passage is to _______. A. tell us a true story about a pair of unusual friends B. give us a brief introduction about “Charlotte’s Web” C. describe how a spider makes friends with a pig D. persuade people to make friends with animals 33. The writer is trying to tell us ______. A. Charlotte does her best to save Wilbur because he is really amazing B. we’d better make friends with unexpected man for they can help us C. the spiders are not scary when you make friends with them D. a real friend is the one who dedicates to you when you are in trouble 34. Which of the following has the same meaning as “raise” in the 3rd paragraph? A. He raised his glass and said: "Your health, Mum." B. The baby was raised on soybean milk. C. They raised a monument to the national hero. D. The landlord raised my rent last month. 35. It can be learned from the passage that______. A. The novel “Charlotte’s Web” will be made into a movie B. The spider Charlotte falls in love with Wilbur
C. Wilbur has helped Charlotte many times D. Wilbur becomes a famous pig after his birth
第二节 （共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项， 选项中有两项为多余 选项。
Building Trust in a Relationship Again Trust is a learned behavior that we gain from past experiences, 36. Trust is a risk. But you can’t be successful when there’s a lack of trust in a relationship that results from an action where the wrongdoer takes no responsibility to fix the mistake. Unfortunately, we’ve all been victims of betrayal. Whether we’ve been stolen from, lied to , misled, or cheated on, there are different levels of losing trust. Sometimes people simply can’t trust anymore. 37. It’s understandable, but if you’re willing to build trust in a relationship again, we have some steps you can take to get you there. ● 38 Having confidence in yourself will help you make better choices because you can see what the best outcome would be for your well-being. ●39 If you’ve been betrayed, you are the victim of your circumstance. But there’s a difference between being a victim and living with a “victim mentality”. At some point in all of our lives, we’ll have our trust tested or violated. You didn’t lose “everything”. Once trust is lost, what is left? Instead of looking at the situation from this hopeless angle, look at everything you still have and be thankful for all of the good in your life. 40 Instead, it’s a healthy way to work through the experience to allow room for positive growth and forgiveness. A. Learn to really trust yourself. B. It is putting confidence in someone. C. Stop regarding yourself as the victim. D. Remember that you can expect the best in return. E. Seeing the positive side of things doesn’t mean you’re ignoring what happened. F. This knowledge carries over in their attitude toward their future relationships. G. They’ve been too badly hurt and they can’t bear to let it happen again.
第三部分 英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Two old beggars (乞丐) were sitting on a busy street corner of a big city. They watched __41__ as a lot of people walked by without looking at them. Sometimes, a kindhearted woman or a small child would __42__ a few coins in the hats in front of them. Today was not a __43__ day for begging. The men were able to __44__ enough for a big meal. As it was getting dark, they started to __45__ their things. Just as they were getting ready to leave, they __46__ a man walking toward them. He was a __47__ man — they could tell that from his fine clothes. The first beggar said to the second with __48__, “He’s coming our way！” The man stopped, __49__ into his pocket and took something out. What looked like a piece of hard __50__, wrapped
(包裹) in white paper, hit each of their waiting hats. The rich man turned and __51__ his way. “He could have easily left us a few __52__ or a bill, but he laughed at us with a piece of rock candy,” said the first beggar. He looked at the offering __53__. “There’s no way we can __54__ this — we have no teeth.” With these words, he picked up the thing and threw it away. Then he collected his things and __55__. The second beggar wanted to do the same, __56__ a second thought made him change his __57__. “I haven’t had anything like this for ages,” he thought. “How __58__ of that man to offer me something so sweet!” With that, he opened the white paper. To his __59__, there was no hard rock candy inside. __60__, a shiny white pearl (珍珠) worth thousands of dollars fell into his hand. 41. A. helplessly B. happily C. uselessly D. quickly 42. A. steal B. lose C. drop D. send 43. A. cloudy B. bad C. rainy D. cold 44. A. collect B. pick C. buy D. find 45. A. carry B. hide C. place D. pack 46. A. felt B. heard C. noticed D. believed 47. A. kind B. strong C. tall D. rich 48. A. worry B. excitement C. fear D. politeness 49. A. turned B. looked C. went D. reached 50. A. candy B. cake C. rock D. bread 51. A. forgot B. changed C. missed D. continued 52. A. books B. coins C. sweets D. flowers 53. A. angrily B. proudly C. nervously D. quietly 54. A. smell B. eat C. like D. put 55. A. slept B. sat C. left D. cried 56. A. if B. although C. after D. but 57. A. habit B. way C. mind D. rule 58. A. nice B. funny C. clever D. strange 59. A. interest B. sadness C. surprise D. pity 60. A. Besides B. Instead C. However D. Again
第 II 卷
第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第二节 （共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。
Yangshuo,China It was raining lightly when I__61__(arrive) in Yangshuo just before dawn. But I didn’t care. A few hours__62__, I’d been at home in Hong Kong, with __63_(it) choking smog. Here, the air was clean and fresh, even with the rain. I’d skipped nearby Guilin, a dream place for tourists seeking the limestone mountain tops and dark waters of the Li River_64__are pictured by artists in so many Chinese _65__(painting). Instead, I’d headed straight for Yangshuo. For those who fly to Guilin, it’s only an hour away__66_ car and offers all the scenery of the better-known city.
Yangshuo__67__(be) really beautiful. A study of travelers_68__(conduct) by the website Trip Advisor names Yangshuo as one of the top 10 destinations in the world. And the town is fast becoming a popular weekend destination for people in Asia. Abercrombie & Kent, a travel company in Hong Kong, says it___(regular) arranges quick getaways （假日休闲地） here for people_70__(live) in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
第四部分 写作（共两节 满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共 有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧），并在下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（﹨）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。
When I was a child, I hoped to live in the city. I think I would be happy there. Now I am living in a city,but I miss my home in countryside. There the air is clean or the mountains are green. Unfortunately, on the development of industrialization, the environment has been polluted. Lots of studies have been shown that global warming has already become a very seriously problem. The airs we breathe in is getting dirtier and dirtier. Much rare animals are dying out. We must found ways to protect your environment. If we fail to do so,we’ll live to regret it .
第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是某中学学生李华。最近，你班同学正在参加 21 世纪英文报“大家谈”栏目的一 个讨论。本次话题为：“父母有没有必要陪读？ 请你根据下表所列情况给报社写一封信，客观地介绍讨论的情况。 70%的同学认为 1．父母不应该陪读 30%的同学认为 1．父母应该陪读
2．父母陪读让我们养成依赖的习惯， 2．父母陪读能使我们腾出更多的时间专心学习， 不利于我们将来自控能力的培养， 不利 使我们身体更健康。 于我们培养良好的学习习惯。 3．父母陪读能帮助我们确立学习目标，督促我们 3．父母陪读影响了他们的工作、学习 完成学习任务，鼓励我们独立解决困难，培养我们 和休息 养成良好的学习习惯。 注意： 1．信的形式已经为你写好。2．词数 120 左右。3．参考词汇：陪读 accompany sb. studying at school 督促 urge
Dear editor, I’m writing to tell you about the discussion we recently had about whether our parents should accompany us studying at school. ...