四川省天全中学高三（高 2016 届）8 月月考 英语试题
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 个小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一道小题，从每题所给的 A B C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How does the man feel now?. A. Disappointed B. Shocked C. Happy
-------- 试卷命题： 审题：
2. What did the woman have yesterday? A. Chicken B. Fish C. Vegetables
3. Who has the biggest house? A. The woman B. The man C. John
4. What else does the woman need to post the letter? A. An 80-cent stamp B. A 60-cent stamp C. A 20-cent stamp
5. Which dress will the woman probably wear to the party? A. The blue one B. The black one C. The red one
第二节（共 15 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或对白，每段对话或对白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置，听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个 小题。每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 断材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Why is the man unable to check the date? A. He forgot to write it down B. His cell phone is lost.
C. He forgot to take his cell phone. 7. When did the two speakers arrive at the airport? A. At 9:40 B. At 10:40 C. At 11:40
8. What can we know about Robert? A. He is the two speakers’ son B. He is coming back from London.
C. He is studying in Paris. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9、10 题 9. What is the man probably? A. A worker B. A farmer C. A weather reporter
10. What will the man do first? A. Change his clothes B. Go back to work C. Have lunch
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. Where did the man put the books? A. On the shelf B. On the desk C. On the sofa
12. What does the woman think of the man? A. Hardworking B. Lazy C. Silly
13. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Mother and son B. Teacher and student C. Couple
听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. Why did Mary refuse to give a talk at the class meeting? A. She is busy preparing for a test C. She is not interested in the topic. 15. Who will give speeches at the class meeting? A. Nancy and Tom B. Tom and his father C. Nancy and Tom’s father B. She is a poor speaker
16. What is the topic of the class meeting? A. Piano B. Law C. English study
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Who were the second best tourists according to the survey? A. The Russians B. The Americans C. The Germans
18. What did the European hotel owners think of the Japanese tourists? A. Quiet and tidy B. Polite and quiet C. Polite and tidy
19. What were the British considered to be? A. The third worst tourists B. The best dressed tourists
C. The fifth least generous tourists 20. Where were the worst tourists from?
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中, 选出最佳选项。并在答题 卡上将该选项涂黑． A Have you ever noticed advertisements which say “Learn a foreign language in 6 weeks, or your money back! From the first day your pronunciation will be excellent. Just send…” and so on? Of course, it never happens quite like that. The only language that is easy to learn is one’s mother tongue. And think how much practice that gets! Before the Second World War people usually learnt a foreign language in order to read the literature of the country. Now speaking a foreign language is what most people want. Every year millions of people start learning one. How do they do it? Some people try at home, with books and records of tapes; some use radio or television programmes; some use computers and network; others go to evening classes. If they use the language only 2 or 3 times a week, learning it will take a long time, like learning a foreign language at school. A few people try to learn a language fast by studying for 6 or more hours a day. It is clearly easier to learn the language in the country where it is spoken. However, most people cannot afford this, and for many it is not necessary. They need the language in order to do their work better. For example, scientists and doctors chiefly need to be able to read books and reports in the foreign language. Whether the language is learnt quickly or slowly, it is hard work. Machines and good books will help, but they cannot do the student’s work for him. 21. According to some advertisements, you ______. A. have to pay your money if you cannot master a foreign language in 6 weeks B. needn’t pay your money if you cannot learn a foreign language in 6 weeks C. must pay your money if you cannot master a foreign language in 6 weeks D. will be paid much money if you cannot learn a foreign language in 6 weeks 22. Now most people try to learn a foreign language in order to ______. A. read the literature of the country C. do their work better B. read books and reports D. go to foreign countries
23. Learning a foreign language is a hard job ______. A. only for scientists and doctors C. for those people at home B If you go into the woods with your friends, stay with them. If you don’t, you may get lost. If you do get lost, this is what you should do. Sit down and stay where you are. Don’t try to find your friends — let them find you. You can help them to find you by staying in one place. There is another way to help your friends or other people nearby to find you. Give them a signal by shouting or whistling three times. Stop. Then shout or whistle three times again. Any signal given three times is a call for help. You will be helped by others. Keep up the shouting or whistling, always three times together. When people hear you, they will know that you are not just making noise for fun. They will let you know they have heard your signal. They will give two shouts, two whistles or two gunshots. When a signal is given twice, it is an answer to a call for help. If you don’t think that you will get help before night comes, try to make a little house and cover up the holes with branches with lots of leaves and grass. What should you do if you get hungry or need to drink some water? You should have to leave your little branch house to look for a brook. Don’t just walk away. Pick off small branches and drop them as you walk so that you can find your way back. The most important thing to do when you are lost is — stay in one place. 24. How do you let people believe that you are not just making noise for fun? A. Stop now and then. C. Shout over and over at the top of voice. B. Go on shouting or whistling. D. Shout or whistle three times once a while. B. only for the students at school D. for most people
25. If nobody answers you after your signal, what should you do then? A. Give two gunshots. C. Stop shouting. B. Shout louder. D. Make a house.
26. If you feel thirsty when you are lost in the forest, what should you do? A. Go and find a brook.
B. Light a fire and make yourself some tea． C. Go to find a brook and leave marks behind you. D. Find something to hold the water. 27. What’s the best title for the passage? A. What Do Three Shots And Two Shots Mean In A Forest B. How To Find Your Friends When You Are Lost In The Woods C. What To Do If You Get Lost In A Forest D. The Most Important Thing To Do Is To Stay In One Place C People seem to have a natural need for friends and with good reason. Friends increase your enjoyment of life and relieve feelings of loneliness. They even can help reduce stress and improve your health. Having good friends is especially helpful when you are going through any kind of hard time such as when you are experiencing anxiety, panic attacks, or depression. When you are with good friends you feel good about yourself, and you are glad to be with them. A friend is someone who — ●you like, respect, and trust, and who likes, respects and trusts you ●doesn’t always understand you, but accepts and likes you as you are, even as you grow and change ●allows you the space to change, grow, make decisions, and even make mistakes ●listens to you and shares with you both the good times and the bad times ●respects your need for secrets, so you can tell them anything ●lets you freely express your feelings and emotions without judging, teasing, or criticizing you ●accepts the limitations you have put on yourself and helps you to remove them A person once said, “Friendship is a continuing source of bonding（连接）, releasing, and creating in yourself and with the other person. There is an emotional bond between the two people.” A good friend or supporter may or may not be the same age or the same sex as you, and may not have the same educational, cultural, or religious background, or share interests that are similar to yours. Friendships also have different depths. Some are closer to the heart and some more superficial, but they’re all useful and good.
28. Which of the following is NOT a function of a friend? A. He brings you some happiness. B. He helps you feel less lonely.
C. He helps you get over the difficulties. D. He helps you cheat on the exam. 29. The underlined word “superficial” means _______. A. deep B. hard C. shallow D. close
30. Which is the best title for the passage? A. A Friend in Need Is A Friend Indeed B. What Kind of Person A Friend Should Be C. To Be A Good Friend D. How to Get on with Your Friend D There are two types of people in the world. Although they have an equal degree of health and wealth and other comforts of life, one becomes happy, while the other becomes unhappy. This arises from the different ways in which they consider things, persons and events and the resulting effects upon their minds. People who are happy fix their attention on the convenience of things. They enjoy all cheerful things. Those who are unhappy think and speak only of unpleasant things. Through their remarks, they sour the pleasure of society, offend （冒犯、触怒）many people, and make themselves disagreeable everywhere. If this turn of mind is founded in nature, such unhappy people should be pitied. The intention of criticizing and being disliked is perhaps taken up by imitation（模仿）. It grows into a habit, unknown to its possessors. The habit may be strong, but it can be cured when those who have it realize its bad effects. Although this attitude is mainly an act of the imagination, it has serious results since it brings on deep sorrow and bad luck. If such people aim at getting some advantages in social position or fortune, nobody wishes them success. Nor will anyone speak a word in favor of their hopes. If they are criticized, no one will defend or excuse them, and many will join in criticizing their wrong doings. So they should change this bad habit and stop worrying needlessly about themselves and others. If they do not, it will be good for others to avoid any contact with them. Otherwise, they will have a disagreeable time, especially when someone becomes mixed up in their quarrels. 31. How does the writer tell the happy from the unhappy? A. According to their degree of health. B. According to their wealth.
C. According to their attitudes to the same thing.
D. According to their habits.
32. The phrase “sour the pleasure of society” probably means “________”. A. have a good attitude towards social life C. tend to scold others openly B. make others unhappy D. enjoy the pleasure of life
33. We can conclude from the passage that ________. A. we should pity all unhappy people C. people can get rid of the habit of unhappiness happy people 34. If such unhappy people insist on keeping the habit, the author suggests that people should ________. A. not have any communication with them B. show no respect for them B. unhappy people are dangerous to social life D. unhappy people can not understand
C. persuade them to recognize the bad effects of their habits D. quarrel with them until they realize their mistakes 35. In this passage, the writer mainly ________. A. describes two types of people B. laughs at unhappy people
C. suggests ways to help unhappy people D. tells people how to be happy in life 第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 Tips for cooking on a Tight Schedule From my experience, there are three main reasons why people don’t cook more often: ability, money and time, ___36__Money is a topic I’ll save for another day. So today I want to give you some wisdom about how to make the most of the time you spend in the kitchen. Here are three tips for great cooking on a tight schedule: 1. Think ahead. The moments when I think cooking is a pain are when I’m already hungry and there is nothing ready to eat. So think about of the coming week. When will you have time to cook? Do you have the right materials ready?____37____ 2. Make your time worth it. When you do find time to cook a meal, make the most of it and save yourself time later on. Are you making one loaf of bread? ___38___ it takes around the same amount of time to make more of something. So save yourself the effort for a future meal.
____39____ This may surprise you, but one of the best tools for making cooking worth your time is experimentation. It gives you the chance to hit upon new ideas and recipes that can work well with your appetite and schedule. The more you learn and the more you try, the more ability you have to take control of your food and your schedule. Hopefully that gives you a good start. ____40___ and don’t let a busy schedule discourage you from making some great changes in the way you eat and live! A. Try new things. C. Make three or four instead. B. Ability is easily improved. D. Understand your food better.
E. Cooking is a burden for many people. F. Let cooking and living simply be a joy rather than a burden. G. A little time planning ahead can save a lot of work later on. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分）第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 。 Is the world really going mad? __41___day I was sitting in a restaurant ___42__ a quick drink and a talk with a few friends when it suddenly ___43__ me that almost everyone in the restaurant was smoking. It wasn’t long __44___ the whole room was ___45__ with smoke. I asked with an apology for ___46__ to open a window to stop myself ___47__! Nowadays air pollution is something that hardly question any more. However, I still can’t walk down the street in any of the big cities without ___48__ that people are ___49__ the air pollution. It is time for the government departments of the world to introduce emission(废气排放) controls on all cars and ___50__ the public transport system(公共交通体系) to encourage people to __51___ their cars at home. A friend of mine takes flying lesson each morning and it really makes him ___52__ when he climbs above the smog layer(烟雾) and looks down __53___ it and thinks: “I’m breathing that!” This kind of ___54__ results from the bad management of resources. Waste things can ___55__ should, be treated properly. House building, road ___56__, and industrial development are all earthmoving(or earth-reducing) operations and can change the balances of ___57__ created over millions of years. I would like to ___58__serious studies done on all these main works before they are built. Also, there should be ___59__ national parks set up to keep the most beautiful parts of our countries in their natural ___60__. 41.A. The other B. Another C. Every D. Each
42.A. asking for 43.A. seemed 44.A. ago 45.A .full 46.A .promise 47.A .standing 48.A .thinking 49.A .suffering 50.A .increase 51.A .wash 52.A. sick 53.A.on 54.A .discussion 55.A .but 56.A .work 57.A .life 58.A .see 59.A. few 60.A. situation
B. drinking B. struck B. after B. filled B. help B. sitting B. persuading B. dying B. reduce B. repair B. tired B. at B. question B. yet B. construction B. mind B. start B. any B. states
C. having C. sank C. before C. crowed C. suggestion C. talking C. deciding C. walking C. improve C. drive C. foolish C. from C. pollution C. still C. building C. human being C. enjoy C. more C. soils
D. buying D. showed D. now D. parked D. permission D. dying D. learning D. standing D. raise D. leave D. excited D. for D. operation D. and D. setting D. plants D. pay D. no D. places
第二节 语法填空（共 10 分；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Long ago there was a poor farmer called Fred. Fred and his wife Doris lived__61____ (happy) together in their small old house. One winter night, the Luck Fairy visited __62___. “Fred, you’re a good farmer. I’d like to give you a wish,” said the Luck Fairy. “A wish?” said Fred. Fred and Doris smiled __63 very healthy and happy.” “You work very hard __64_ you make very little money. Would you like some gold coins?” asked the Luck Fairy. “We’re poor, but we have enough food __65___(eat).” replied Fred. “You can use the gold coin to buy __66__ clothes. The winter here is very cold, ” said Luck Fairy. “ ___67____we haven’t got many clothes, we’ve got enough.” said Doris. “Well, what about 68 _ nice new house?” asked Luck Fairy. each other. Then Fred said, “Thank you, Luck Fairy. We’re
“Thank you, but I love my small old house very much. I ___69______(live) here since I was born. We don’t need a new house, ” said Fred.
“You’re quite different _ 70___ others. I like you very much, ” said the Luck Fairy. “I wish you happy forever.” Then the Luck Fairy disappeared and never came back. 第五部分：写作(共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共 有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(Λ)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 Dear Xiao Ming, How are you? I’ve been to China for three years. My friends in England sometimes write to me，asked how long I will stay here，and when I’m thinking of returning back home. The answer to their question are simple. I do not know when I would go back to England .At the moment，I have no reason to return to England. I am like living in China. I did enjoy meeting people and travel around the country. My work is interesting，and there are so many things I don’t know the country，that I hope to discover in the future. Yours sincerely， 第二节 书面表达 (25 分) 你校英语外籍教师 Emesto and Stasi 暑假期间准备在本地开一家西餐小店，要招若干名 高中生为无酬打工人员。下面是招聘启事： Wanted! John
4 middle school students Do service work and act as translators Healthy and helpful Contact：firstname.lastname@example.org 假定你叫李华，愿意应聘。请写封电子邮件，介绍自己，并说明你愿意应聘的理由。词 数 110 左右。开头已写好，不计入总词数。 Dear Emesto and Stasi， I happened to have read your advertisement and decide to apply for the job.____________ ________________________________________________________________________ Yours sincerely， Li Hua
四川省天全中学 2016 届高三 8 月月考英语答案
听力 1-5 CBCBA 阅读理解 21-25 BCD DD 完形填空 41-45 ACBCB 46-50 DDAAC 51-55 DABCD 56-60 BAACB 26-30CCDCB 31-35 CBCAC 36-40 BGCAF
语法填空 61 happily 62 them 63 at 67 Though/Although 68 a 短文改错
64 but 65 to eat 76 some 69 have lived 70 from
How are you? I’ve been to China for three years.My friends in England sometimes write to in me，askeasking d how long I will stay here，and when I’m thinking of returning back home.The answer to their question are simple.I do not know when I is woulwill d go back to England.At the moment，I have no reason to return to England.I am like living in China.I di do d enjoy meeting people and travelling travel around the country.My work is interesting，and there are so many things I don’t know country，thawhich t I hope to discover in the future.
书面表达 Dear Emesto and Stasi， I happened to have read your advertisement and decide to apply for the job.I’m a student of Senior Ⅲ from Wuhan.I’ve been very interested in English and intend to enter a foreign language college after I graduate from high school.I shall be free during the summer vocation， so I decide to find something interesting to do and I think that’s the very thing I like. Though I shall get no pay for the job，I’ll be able to get some valuable job experience as well as practise my spoken English by acting as a translator for you.Besides，I’m so strong and healthy， and I really enjoy making friends with others， especially communicating with foreigners. I’ll greatly appreciate it if I’m offered the chance， and I’m sure I can be of great help for you. Looking forward to your early reply! Yours sincerely， Li Hua