南安一中 2015～2016 学年度上学期期中考
本试卷考试内容为：高一英语模块一。分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题） ，共 10 页，满分１５０分，考试时间１２０分钟。 注意事项： 1．答题前，考生务必先将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在答题纸上。 2．考生作答时，请将答案答在答题纸上，在本试卷上答题无效。按照题号在各题的
答题区 域内作答，超出答题区域书写的答案无效。 3．答案使用 0．5 毫米的黑色中性（签字）笔或碳素笔书写，字体工整、笔迹清楚（选择题 答案使用 2B 铅笔填涂，如需改动，用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号） 。 4．保持答题纸纸面清洁，不破损。考试结束后，将本试卷自行保存，答题纸交回。 第 I 卷 (选择题 共 100 分) 第一部分听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下 一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How many children does Mrs Brown have? A. Two. B. Three. C. Five.
2. What will the woman do tomorrow evening? A. Have coffee with the man. 3. What does the woman mean? A. The man can smoke here. 4. Why doesn't the boy eat his cake? A．He doesn't like it． 5. What does the woman mean? A. The person speaking Japanese isn't here. B. Everyone except Jim can speak Japanese. C. She can help the man to do with it. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每 B．He has a toothache． C．He is full． B. She will think about it. C. The man cannot smoke here. B. Work. C. Stay at home.
小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What does the woman think of the man? A. He is fat. B. He is thin. C. He is foolish.
7. What does the woman suggest in the end? A. Eating less food. B. Not giving up watching TV. C. Enjoying music while taking a walk.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. Whose birthday is it today?] A. Jim's. B. Tony's. C. Betty's.
9. How many happy things have happened to the man? A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
听第 8 段材料,回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What's possible relationship between the two speakers? A. A tourist and an office worker. B. A student and his teacher. C. Friends. 11. How long will the man stay in Beijing for travel? A. One week. 12. What place will the man visit? A. The Forbidden City. B. The Summer Palace. C. The Great Wall. B. Just this weekend. C. Two weekends.
听第 9 段材料,回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What's the relationship between the woman and the man? A. A mother and her son. B. A teacher and her student. C. A girl and her boyfriend.
14. Why is the man calling the woman? A. He wants to talk with her. B. He wants to come back and see her. C. He wants to borrow some money. 15. Why did the man need the money last time? A. Because he wanted to buy a car. B. Because he wanted to buy a house. C. Because he wanted to buy a computer. 16. What does the woman think of the man? A. He doesn't plan his money carefully. B. He knows how to spend his money cleverly.
C. He knows how to borrow money successfully. 听第 10 段材料,回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What did Mrs Brown want to buy? A. A sweater. B. A pair of shoes. C. A coat.
18. Why didn't Mrs Brown buy it at once? A. She was busy. B. She didn't like the color. C. She didn't have enough money.
19. Why didn't her husband want her to buy it? A. It was too expensive. B. It was not good enough. C. She had so many sweaters.
20. When did her husband agree to buy it? A. The next day. B. After a week. C. The third day.
第二部分： 阅读理解 (共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) A There once was a little boy who wanted to meet the king. He set off, walking towards the king’s castle. After many years of walking, the king’s castle came into his view. However, as the boy drew closer to the outside of the castle, the guards noticed him. “Get out of here!” ordered the guards. Well, the little boy didn’t have to be told twice. He turned…and ran. All he wanted to do was to tell the king wonderful things, and see all the beautiful things in the king’s house. But he couldn’t even get near the castle! The boy finally stopped running, sat down and cried. A young man happened to be coming down the path at the very moment. He saw the little boy and stopped. “What’s wrong, young man?” he asked. “Sir, I walked and walked just to see the king. But these guards made me scared. I wanted to tell the king how lovely everything is and just tell the king that I just wanted to see him!” The man looked at the little boy thoughtfully. “Look, why don’t you try again. I’ll come with you this time.” The little boy got up and took the man’s hand. The king’s guards spotted them. “Look, mister, we don’t have to do this…I don’t want you to get hurt. We can just turn around now.” The man held the little boy’s hand and went on. The boy really thought the man might be crazy until he looked back up at the guards. They were all smiling now. The little boy was amazed. “Who are you?” asked the little boy in astonishment. “Why, I’m the king’s son. You can enter the castle and be with the king.” said the man. The little boy broke into a huge smile.
21. Why did the boy want to see the king? A. To get some help from the king. C. To invite the king to visit his beautiful village. B. To share wonderful things with the king. D. To ask the king to play with him.
22. What does the underlined sentence in the paragraph mean? A. The little boy understood the guards’ words immediately. B. The guards repeated the words to the boy. C. The little boy had been to the castle twice. D. The little boy didn’t understand the guards’ words at first. 23. Which of the following best suits the story’s lesson for us? A. Never judge a book by its cover. C. Anything is possible if one tries hard enough. B Take Action for a Better World: Volunteers Needed Six months’ preparation in Denmark: Africa studies, team work combined with social work risk group teenagers. Six months’ community work in Malawi in people to people projects: Child Aid, HIV/AIDS Fights and Teacher Training. Qualifications：18 years, hard-working and social engagement. Please contact us by email：email@example.com Part-time Work with Exchange Students YOUTH International is a non-profit high school foreign exchange student organization. We welcome teenagers from over 80 countries worldwide and provide host families. The Community Representative (代表)is a part-time position designed for people with a strong desire to do something rewarding in the community and earn some extra money. Applicants(申请人) best suited for this work should enjoy teenagers, have a strong interest in cross-cultural communication, and feel comfortable networking. Full training and support will be provided through branch offices throughout the U.S Positions available in most states. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-123-9872. International Summer Job Hi, I’m an ESL student in China. I’m 20, quiet and polite, and I speak reasonable English. I am looking for a summer job in an English-speaking country. I can teach Chinese or do house and garden work, and cook Chinese dishes. Can anybody offer me a Job? I don’t need to earn much, just enough in 2 months (July-August) to pay for my return ticket to China. My goal is to improve my English and see a bit more of the world. B. Life can sometimes be unfair. D. Make new friends and keep the old.
My email is : email@example.com Call for Native Speakers of English I am looking for native speakers of English to join in an experiment. This experiment is carried out over the Internet. You don’t need any specific knowledge other than understanding and speaking English at a native level. The first task will take you around 15 minutes. After this task, you can decide whether you want to continue the experiment. The tasks involve reading texts and designing questions and answers. If you are willing to help me , then please email me : firstname.lastname@example.org 24. Who is suitable to work as a Community Representative in YOUTH International? A. One who wants to earn some pocket money in the program. B. One who hopes to take action in fighting against diseases. C. One who has a strong desire to improve his or her English. D. One who enjoys working with teenagers from different countries. 25. Where will Jack, a volunteer, receive the training before he is sent to work in Malawi? A. In some local offices in the U.S C. In an ESL organization in China B. In a preparation program in Denmark D. In an exchange student center in Africa
26. If Mrs. Black in the U.S hopes to learn some Chinese at home, she may contact__________. A. email@example.com C. firstname.lastname@example.org B. email@example.com D. firstname.lastname@example.org
27. What are volunteers for an experiment over the Internet supposed to do? A. To interview people online. C. To provide language exercises C We spend around one third of our lives in bed, and the body does a lot of its repair work as we sleep, so enough good quality sleep is very important to our health. It doesn't stop there, though—some sleep positions are healthier than others. So which sleep position is the healthiest? Sleeping on your back is the healthiest sleep position, Health benefits include avoiding back and neck pain. Because the head is raised above the stomach when you sleep on your back，this position is best for people who suffer from nighttime acid reflux (胃酸逆流) as well. Around 80% of heartburn (胃灼热) sufferers have problems during the night, so sleeping on their back could help a lot of people to enjoy a good night's sleep. If the sleep position alone is not enough to alleviate the condition, try raising the head of the bed by up to 4 inches by placing blocks under it. When you sleep on your back，your face is in a natural position. This means less wrinkles (皱纹)． If you really can't face sleeping on your back, another healthy sleep position is the side sleep. It's B. To do some housework D. To offer advice on child Aid
almost as good as the back position，and it's better for people who snore (打鼾) and their partners. Whichever sleep position you choose, use a pillow that supports the head and the neck without raising the head unnaturally, as this can bring neck pain. 28. Which is NOT one of the benefits of sleeping on the back? A. It can avoid acid reflux. C. It's good for heartburn sufferers. B. It makes people look younger. D. It helps people get rid of stomach pain.
29. Which is the best sleep position for people who snore? A. Sleep on the face. C. Sleep on the back. B. Sleep on the side. D. Sleep without pillows.
30. The underlined word “alleviate” in Paragraph 2 probably means ________. A. make people enjoy C. make it less useful 31. What does the text mainly talk about? A. Ways to keep us healthy. C. Sleep's repairing functions. B. The importance of sleep. D. Healthy positions of sleep. D Have you ever thought about what you could do with a single LEGO brick? What about 10? 100? Brick Fest Live, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, took those numbers and multiplied them by thousands. Families traveled from all over the country to attend this three-day event, which included LEGO car races, mini-golf courses (球场) made of LEGO bricks, and LEGO models of the city of Philadelphia. While attendees were observing fantastic creations and making their own, they may not have realized just how much knowledge they were gaining. LEGO bricks are fun and creativity-developing toys. They also have connections to STEM topics. STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Chad Collins and his daughter, Jordan, are producers of Brick Fest Live. “When you play with LEGO, it wires your brain in a certain way, helping you solve problems,” Collins said. The Philly Bick Fest Live is a look-and-touch experience, encouraging kids and families to make their own creations. People of all ages flocked to Philadelphia to witness brick Fest Live. Attendees could play a round of LEGO mini golf, buy LEGO items, make their own creations, play video games and view large-scale creations by other LEGO enthusiasts. “We want to inspire, educate and entertain,” Collins said. Brick Fest Live began in April 2012, when Chad Collins and Jordan decided to start a YouTube channel. They looked around for LEGO events in the area, but none existed. So they decided to create their own. The first Brick Fest Live brought in 24,000 people, much more than expected. B. make people forget D. make it less serious
Where will Brick Fest Live head to next? From September 19-21, Brick Fest Live will take place in Baltimore, Maryland. Then it travels to Cincinnati, Ohio in October and West Palm, Florida in December. Brick Fest Live comes back to Philadelphia each spring. You can visit
http://www.brickfestlive.com for more information. 32. What can be inferred form the underlined sentence in Paragraph 1? A. Attendees could learn a lot in the event. B. Attendees didn’t know about the event well. C. Attendees went there mainly to gain knowledge. D. Attendees didn’t know abut the fantastic creations. 33. In Paragraph 3, “look-and-touch experience” means attendees could _________. A. touch anything in the event C. make creations by themselves there B. take away any creations they like D. feel LEGO bricks through touching them
34. The first Brick Fest Live may be considered to be a ________ event to Chad Collins and Jordan. A. normal B. successful C. disappointing D. meaningless 35. What’s the writer’s main purpose in writing the last paragraph? A. To show that Brick Fest Live has a long history. B. To recommend a website to the LEGO enthusiasts. C. To tell us about the upcoming Brick Fest Live events. D. To tell us when the Philly Brick Fest Live will be held again. 第二节 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 Maybe you are an ordinary student. 36 This is not necessarily so. Anyone can become a
better student if he or she wants to. Here’s how: Plan your time carefully. When planning your work, you should make a list of things that you have to do. After making this list, you should make a schedule of your time. First arrange your time for eating, sleeping, dressing, etc, then decide a good, regular time for studying. 37 A weekly schedule may
not solve all your problems, but it will force you to realize what is happening to your time. Make good use of your time in class. 38 Listening carefully in class means less work later.
Taking notes will help you remember what the teacher says. Study regularly. When you get home from school, go over your notes, review the important points that your teacher is going to discuss the next day, read that material. 39 If you do these things
regularly, the material will become more meaningful, and you will remember it longer. Develop a good attitude towards tests. The purpose of a test is to show what you have learned about a subject. The world won’t end if you don’t pass a test, so don’t be over worried.
You will probably discover many others after you have tried these.
A. This will help you understand the next class. B. You probably think you will never be a top student. C. Don’t forget to set aside enough time for entertainment. D. No one can become a top student unless he or she works hard. E. There are other methods that might help you with your study. F. Take advantage of class time to listen to everything the teacher says. G. Make full use of spare time to take note of what the teacher says in class. 【温馨提示：请将 36-40 题答案写在答题纸上，机读答题卡上 36-40 题不要填涂。 】 第三部分 英语知识应用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried for hours as the farmer tried to 41 what to do. 42 he decided to give up because the animal was old, 44 43 the well needed to be 45 to bury the just wasn’t worth it to rescue the donkey. So he
covered up anyway and donkey. He 46 shovel 47
all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all took a shovel (铁铲) and began to into the well. 48 , the donkey realized 49 50 was happening and cried horribly. more was heard. 52 54 at what he saw. 53
Then, to everyone’s surprise, slowly he quieted down till A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally 51
the well and was
every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors take another the well and 56 57 55
. He would shake it off
to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and
up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of quickly! 58 the well is to shake it off
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The secret to and take a step up. not stopping, never 41. A. work out 42. A. Finally 43. A. but 44. A. this 45. A. thought 46. A. ordered 47. A. water 59 60
of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells by , shaking it off and take a step upward! B. make out B. Usually B. and B. that B. advised B. invited B. dirt C. take out C. Suddenly C. so C. it C. allowed C. warned C. rubbish D. turn out D. Firstly D. or D. he D. decided D. discovered D. grass
48. A. At first 49. A. that 50. A. something 51. A. looked for 52. A. worried 53. A. With 54. A. interesting 55. A. stopped 56. A. bottom 57. A. ran after 58. A. taking care of 59. A. One 60. A. giving out
B. At last B. which B. anything B. looked after B. interested B. As B. amazing B. prevented B. track B. ran away B. looking out of B. Either B. giving away
C. In time C. what C. everything C. looked down C. surprised C. By C. foolish C. refused C. appearance C. ran across C. getting out of C. Every C. giving off
D. On time D. how D. nothing D. looked over D. disappointed D. On D. useless D. continued D. step D. ran into D. keeping out with D. Each D. giving up
第 II 卷 (非选择题 共 50 分) 第三部分 英语知识应用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第二节 语法填空 （共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内的单词正确形式。 Mr White works in an office. He liked reading in bed when he was at school. It was bad his eyes and now he is near-sighted. But he wouldn't want anybody else never wears a pair of 63 (glass). 64 (send) to a village school on business. He got off a bus at 61
62 (know) about it and he
One winter morning he was a stop in 65
small town. Then he had to walk there. The road to the village wasn't smooth.
There were stones here and there. He fell over several times and it made his clothes very dirty. At last he got to the village. 66 (sudden) it began to blow strongly and it got much 68 67 (cold). His hat
was blown off while he was looking for the school. He had to run after it. He was wondering hen for？” 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 69 too. A big woman appeared and stopped him by shouting angrily, “
but he couldn't catch
his hat ran into a house as if it had legs. And then he ran into the house, 70 are you running after my
第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 每句中最多只有一处错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在下面写出该加的词。删除：把多余的词用斜线（﹨） 划掉。修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；
2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Dear Sir, Thank you for invite me to the summer English course in your school. As for your choice between the two courses, I prefer the four-week course because of this will allow me more time to do some traveling but make a few new friends. Of all the subject I’m learning at school, I like English best. I had been learning English for eleven years but my spoken English remains poorly. So I really hope to take this chance improve it. If possible, I’d like to stay with a family for a couple of days in order that I can know some customs in England, that I’m particularly interested in. I believe I will have wonderful time this summer. Yours truly, Li Hua 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 为迎接 2015 年的校园科技文化节， 我校开展题为 “我的爱好” 的英语征文比赛。 请以 “My Hobbies” 为题，根据以下要点写一篇 100 词左右的英语短文参赛。 要点： 1. 对爱好的认识；介绍自己的爱好; 2. 说明你的爱好对你的生活和学习方面的积极影响。 注意： 1. 词数 100 左右； 2. 短文必须包括以上所有要点，可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。