1. Be quick! ________ . A. The bus comes here B. The bus here comes C. Here the bus comes D. Here comes the bus
2. Only in this way ________ to make improvement in the operating
system. A .you can hope B. you did hope C. can you hope D. did you hope
3. -Do you know Jim quarreled with his brothers? -I don't know, and ________ . A. nor don't I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also
4 So loudly __________their lessons that people could hear them out in the street. A.the students read B.the students did read C. read the students D. did the students read
5.Scarcely ______ down when ______ a knock at the door. ? A. had he sat; did he hear ? B. he had sat; did he hear ? C. he had sat; he heard ? D. had he sat; he heard
1. Do you want to get some information every day? How can you get the information?
politics International news sports
economy 经济 culture
Which piece of news will interest readers most?
something important or exciting which a newspaper gets ahead of all the other newspapers.
As a new journalist, Zhou Yang was eager to get a scoop. Now comes the chance. Let’s go to the text “ Getting the Scoop”
Match the ideas with paragraphs
para1 A.His story was passed on to different editors or the newspaper. B.Zhou Yang found a famous film star lying. CThe news was ready to be printed. D.Zhou Yang began to write his story carefully.
para2 para3 para4
Tick out the main idea of the text.
A.It introduces how to get a scoop.
B. It introduces the process of writing
and printing for a newspaper article. C. It introduces a scoop about a famous film star.
For more details
Read Para 1 and answer the questions.
1. What is a scoop?
We need it in this edition to be ahead of
the other newspapers. This is a scoop.
A SCOOP is a piece of important or exciting
news that is printed in one newspaper ahead
of the other newspapers.抢先报道的新闻；独家新闻
2. Who did Zhou Yang interview? A famous film star.
Read Para 2 and answer
1. What was Zhou Yang’s first task? To write a story. 2. What would he do after he realized that
the man had been lying?
To do some research to see if the
story was true or not.
Read Para 3 and answer the
saw his article first? ? 2. What did he do? ? 3. Who began to do editing?
4. To whom was the article given to polish the style? 5. By whom was the article checked
1. Who saw his article first? A senior editor. 2. What did he do? He checked the evidence, read the article and passed it on to the copy editor. 3. Who began to do editing? A copy editor.
4. To whom was the article given to
polish the style?
A native speaker. 5. By whom was the article checked
By the chief editor.
Read Para 4 and answer
1. What did they need to do the first stage
of printing? All the stories ,photos, and film negatives.
2. What did Zhou Yang wait excitedly for?
His first edition of newspaper.
1.How many people read his article before it was ready to be processed into the film negatives ? Who were they and what did they do?
2.Work out the writing and printing process for an article
How many people read his article before it was ready to be processed into the film negative? Who were they?
Five people： a senior editor from his department the copy-editor 技术编辑 the native speaker 母语为英语的编辑 the chief editor 主编 the news desk editor 新闻文字编辑
a senior editor from his department
news desk editor
1. You go to an interview get the information to _________________for your story. 2. You ________________to do some research see if the story is true or not.
4. You give the article to the copy-editor to_______. design
3. You begin to write _______ the story using notes from the interview.
5. The article is given to a native polish the style speaker to __________________
6. The last stage the article is checked /approved _________________ by the chief editor. 7. All the stories and photos are set and ________ color negatives for the _________
printing are made 8. The first edition of a ready. printed news paper is________ .
? ? ? ? ? ?
在 …前头，比 …更先进超过 be ahead of…, p1
Get … ready 准备好 采访某人 An interview with sb 开始做 Set to do sth Pass把 sth on to sb …. 传递下去 主标题 Main headline 副标题 Smaller heading Front page article 头版文章
润色语言风格 ? polish the style
happiness 高兴地 ? chief editor 主编 ? well done 干得好 ? last of all 最后 ? film negatives 胶片 ? be processed into
Reading and summary
(retell the story)
an ______________ with a famous interview film star to get the information, Zhou Yang sat down at his computer and began to trying work on his story, ____________ (try) to keep his story a______________ and accurate c_____________. Story finished, Zhou Yang concise senior handed it to an s_________ editor from his office who would check the evidence.
copy the story was sent to the________ editor to edit the piece and design the ? main headline and smaller heading. Of approved course, before ____________________ (approve) by the chief editor, the story had polished to be checked and p____________ by a native speaker employed by the newspaper. Everything going well, the story and the photos are set and color negatives for the printing are ready.
TIME ? Which one can be a piece of news? ? A. A dog bites a person. ? B. A person bites a dog.
1.Read the passage to make sure you know the process of writing and printing of newspaper clearly
2.Remember the keys of the unit.