江苏省启东中学 2015-2016 学年度第一学期第二次月考 高一英语试卷 第 I 卷 （选择题 共 85 分） 第一节 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读 下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Where will the two spea
kers probably go this morning? A. The park. B. The zoo. C. The museum.
2. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. On a train. B. On a bus. C. At a booking office.
3. What are the two speakers talking about? A. Their hometown. B. The weather. C. Their hobbies.
4. Why does the man come to the Great Wall again? A. He found it a very interesting place. B. It is a place of interest. C. The Great Wall has a long history. 5. Why is the man sad? A. He is out of work. B. He is in poor health. C. His son is ill.
听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 题。 6. What are the two speakers doing now? A. On holiday. B. Talking about their families. C. Listening to a report. 7. What can we know about the man from the conversation?
A. His wife is ill.
B. His son is ill.
C. His daughter is ill.
听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 题。 8. Why doesn’t the man want to take the medicine? A. He feels OK now. take any medicine. 9. What’s wrong with the man? A. He has a cold. B. He has a stomachache. C. He has a heart attack. B. He doesn’t like medicine C. He is too sick to
听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 题。 10. Where are the two speakers now? A. In the city. B. In the country. C. At home.
11. How did the two speakers get there? A. By bus. B. By car. C. On foot.
12. How do the two speakers feel now? A. Great. B. Worried. C. Sorry.
听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 题。 13. Why did Jack fall asleep in class? A. He didn’t sleep well last night. B. The class was boring. C. He was too lazy. 14. What is wrong with Jack? A. He has a high fever. B. He has a bad cough. C. He has a headache.
15. What can we know about Jack from the conversation? A. He didn’t see a doctor. now. 16. What does the teacher suggest Jack do? A. Go home and have a rest. B. He is still ill. C. He is much better
B. See the doctor again. C. Take good care of himself. 听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 题。 17. What was Pat looking for one evening? A. The Sun Hotel. B. The Moon Hotel. C. The Star Hotel.
18. Whom did Pat turn to for help? A. His friend. B. An old lady. C. An old man.
19. Where did the old man get out of the car? A. At his house. B. At a small hotel. C. At a bus stop.
20. How far was Pat from his hotel when asking the way? A. 9 miles. B. 12 miles. C. 3 miles.
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分）第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满 分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. It is the first time that Chinese teachers ________ in schools across Britain to introduce Chinese-style maths lessons and teaching approaches. A. taught B. teach C. have taught D. had taught
22. Unable to enjoy the match very clearly, the naughty boy climbed to the top of the tree to have a good _______ of it. A. scene B. scenery C. sight D. view
23. Many people, some of ______ are not overweight at all, are always going on diets or taking weight-loss pills, _____ are often dangerous. A. who, that B. whom, that C. who, which D. whom, which
24. His failure came as no surprise ________ the fact that he had not got himself well prepared for it.
A. regardless of
B. as for
C. along with
D. due to
25. As the library rule goes, you should put the dictionary_________ you can find it easily. A. where B. in the place C. the place in which D. at where
26. A horrible thought _________ him when he was waiting for Tom in the airport: what if the plane from Malaysia had been hijacked（劫持）? A. attacked B. struck C. beat D. occurred
27. Leonardo da Vinci ____ birds kept in cages in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. A. is said to be buying C. had said to buy B. is said to have bought D. has said to have bought
28. Modern science has given clear evidence ______ smoking can lead to many diseases. A. what B. which C. that D. where
29. — Is your Uncle Tom a soldier? — No, but he once ______ in the army for 4 years. A. served served 30. — Carrie, you recite the poem first, _______? — Sorry, Mr Cui! Maybe tomorrow I can fluently recite it. A. can you B. may you C. don’t you D. will you B. is serving C. has served D. had
31. — Come in, Peter. I want to show you something. — Oh, how nice of you! I _______ you ______ to bring me a gift. A. never think; are going C. didn’t think; were going B. never thought; were going D. hadn’t thought; were going
32. We ______ a basketball match at five tomorrow afternoon. A. will have watched B. watch
C. can watch
D. will be watching
33. — Nancy, you have allowed your Japanese to become less good over a period of time. — I know. I really must ______ my Japanese before we visit Japan next year. A. pick up B. polish up C. make up D. take up
34. Would you like to tell me _____ you fell in love with English songs? A. that it was when it was that 35. The Chinese usually believe that ______ pays the bill is more generous and values the friendship more, and thus gains more face. A. whatever wherever 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 l 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上涂黑。 Are parents rational (理性的) about their children? No. Parents aren’t rational because 36 isn’t rational. Young people can understand this about romantic love, 37 38 this element (元素) in parental love. the other day brought this up. “Let me ask you 39 that every B. whomever C. whoever D. B. that was it when C. when was it that D. when
but they find it hard to My eldest daughter’s
something, Dad,” she began in a tone of patiently controlled experienced parent knows.
“I sailed around the Mediterranean in a yacht (游艇) when I was seventeen,” she said. “I hiked through the Pyrenees from Spain to Paris. I’ve done rock climbing and deep-sea diving and slept in rainforests in the jungle of Indonesia. Right?” “Right,” I said, “So 40 ?”
“So this,” she went on. “When I go to the corner drugstore to pick up some shampoo, why do you always tell me to be 41 when I cross the street?”
There is no
answer a parent can give to this. 43 was that when I was 50, my mother would 44
All I could mumble (嘟囔) in
me not to drive too fast. If I were 80 and she were still alive, I would be getting the 45 warning. No matter what the 46 , a child is a child. 47 . When they are
There is something else, too, that children find it hard to far away, there is nothing we can do about their gods. Parents try not to 49 about it. 50 48
. They are in the hands of the
But when the children are and it doesn’t Most 52 51
, the old protective urge quickly comes back,
how far they have been or what experiences they have got through.
happen around the corner, not in the rainforest. The most instinctive 53 its young, and with humans this 54
(本能的) act of almost every creature is to stays for a lifetime.
In the parent’s mind, a child ages but does not were rational, would we want children at all? 36. A. anxiety 37. A. improve 38. A. problem 39. A. worry 40. A. when 41. A. brave 42. A. necessary B. fear B. accept B. warning B. pride B. how B. quick B. different C. desire C. remove C. question C. anger C. why C. careful C. ordinary
55 . Rational? No. But if we
D. love D. dislike D. explanation D. surprise D. what D. helpful D. satisfactory
43. A. respect 44. A. remind 45. A. different 46. A. gender 47. A. look out
B. reply B. insist B. right B. distance B. figure out
C. regret C. select C. extra C. age C. work out
D. result D. expect D. same D. power D. pick out
48. A. success 49. A. argue 50. A. close 51. A. prove 52. A. accidents 53. A. tolerate 54. A. pressure 55. A. stop
B. happiness B. complain B. hesitant B. matter B. failures B. defend B. patience B. compete
C. safety C. forget C. aware C. mean C. changes C. devote C. review C. leave
D. luck D. think D. frightened D. mind D. mistakes D. treat D. reaction D. grow
第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项 A、B、C 和 D 中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 A Singles Day falls on every November 11th, and as the name indicates, this relatively new holiday is one exclusively for people who are still living the single life. I was a bit surprised when I googled “Singles Day” on the Internet, to find that China is the only country in the world that has set aside a special day for singles to celebrate their lives. To find out more about this celebration, please read on. An old story goes that once there were four single men, leading very boring lives. None of them were married, or had lovers, or did anything exciting. They just sat around all day and played Mahjong. One day they played Mahjong from 11 in the morning until 11 at night. During the game, no matter who won, the winning card was always the “four columns” card (the card shows four independent, parallel columns in two lines). Even more of a coincidence, it was Nov 11, or 11/11. In order to celebrate the day, they nicknamed it Singles Day. Singles Day was first celebrated at various universities in Nanjing, capital city of Jiangsu Province during the 1990s. It got the name Singles Day because the date consists of four “ones”. These college students have since graduated, and carried their
university tradition into society. Singles Day is now a special day for all fashionable youths. The main way to celebrate Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends, but it’s important that each person pay their own fee to show their independence. People also hold “blind date” parties in an attempt to say goodbye to their single lives. Many singles also choose to say goodbye to their single lives on this day. Many attend “blind date” parties and many people choose to marry on this day. In addition to meaning “single” the four “ones” of the date can also mean “only one” as in “the only one for me.” Some people will use this date and this meaning to tell their special someone that they are the only “one” in their heart. 56. Singles Day got its name because _______. A. the persons who play Mahjong are four singles B. only single persons celebrate the day C. the date consists of four “ones” D. it was first celebrated at universities in Nanjing 57. Which of the following is wrong? A. Singles Day was first celebrated in Nanjing’s universities. B. The only way to celebrate the Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends. C. Many singles choose Singles Day to say goodbye to their single lives. D. It was these college graduated students that carried their university’s tradition into society. 58. We can infer from the passage that ______. A. Singles Day receives great popularity among young people B. the four singles did not get married C. when having dinner, one pays the fee for all his friends D. on Singles Day many attend parties where blind people were present
59. What is the best title for the passage? A. The Origin of Singles Day. C. How to Celebrate Singles Day. B Classified Ads SEEK is the trademark of Claseek. com, a site registered in Singapore. You can buy, sell, trade, rent, deal, find and advertise almost anything here. Common categories(种类) include house, parking, camera, computer, mobile phones, bags, shoes, clothing, jewelry, car, private teacher, car rental, hotels, business, pets, food, restaurants, sports, music and others. The site is also available in Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and Philippines plus a global site which is open to all countries worldwide. Here, you can advertise your things for free. Ads may contain video for better product presentation. What are you waiting for? Explore the site and advertise for free! The following are some of the Ads in Australia. B. Singles Day. D. Say Goodbye to Singles Day.
60. The reason for Dr. Johnson’s giving the puppies out is that he _______. A. dislikes little puppies C. is busy and going abroad B. wants to make more money D. finds loving homes for the puppies
61. If you want to hire the bus for half a year, you will have to pay _______. A. 2,520US＄ B. 33,000CN￥ C. 25,200 CN￥ D. 4,200 US＄
62. In the Ads we can learn that ______. A. classified Ads SEEK is a site registered in Malaysia B. you should pay some money for advertising your products. C. Dr. Johnson was too busy and poor to raise the three little dogs. D. you can add video to your ads to present your products better. C Christmas is long gone and Valentine’s Day is a distant memory. That means it's
a slow time for jewelers, and a good time for you to make a purchase. Whether you’re out shopping for gold, or silver, here are a few things you need to know: What determines price? The purity of the metal is one of the elements that determines the price. Gold purity is indicated with a stamp of 10K, 14K, 18K, or 24K. And different countries have their own standards. For example, for a piece to be considered gold in the US, it must be at least 10K. In Britain and Canada: 9K. In Italy and France: l8K . Anything over l8K is really too soft for everyday wear. That’s why jewelry stores in the US sell mostly 14K. How much can you expect to pay? That depends on the weight of the metal and the gemstone(宝石). So keep that in mind, especially when buying online. To keep yourself from getting ripped off, ask yourself the f ollowing: ●How long has the company been around? ●What is its return policy? ● Is the jewelry featured on the website visible from all directions? ● Is the company transparent with the gram weights and the size of the gemstones? Yellow gold? White? Rose? Yes, it's confusing, and while this is largely a personal decision, there are a few things to keep in mind. For starters, white or rose gold costs about l 0% more than yellow gold. If you want the “look for less”, consider gold plated jewelry. “Gold plated” and “gold overlay” mean the same thing and guarantee a thicker layer of finish than “vermeil” which is a flash finish that is thinner and less consistent, but more affordable. Buy vermeil finished pieces you want for a season or two just to follow the fashion. For pieces you want to wear for a lifetime, solid gold is best. What about sterling silver(标准纯银)? Sterling silver has been an alternative for white gold during the difficult economy, and while it used to be more popular with just the younger these days it has much more mass appeal. So much so that retailers are now offering fine gemstones with silver--something you used to see only with gold. Keep in mind that in the US. the sterling silver standard is 92.5% real silver. Don’t buy it if there isn’t a “925” stamp on it. And keep in mind that the lower price you’re paying for silver means more maintenance. To keep silver jewelry from becoming less shi ny,
consider keeping a piece of chalk in your jewelry box. 63. According to the passage, the underlined phrase “getting ripped off” in Paragraph 3 probably means “_______”. A. being chea ted C. being affected B. being charged D. being attracted
64. Which of the following is relatively good for only wearing a s hort time? A. A vermeil earring. C. A 14K necklace. B. A gold-plated ring. D. A gemstone necklace.
65. We can infer from the last paragraph that silver jewelry should be kept ________. A. in a hot place C. in a wet place B. in a cold place D. in a dry place
66. The author writes the passage mainly to ________. A. encourage young people to buy fashionable jewelry B. tell people the best time to purchase gold and silver C. inform people of the factors to consider in buying jewelry D. introduce the real value and popularity of gold and silver D You have probably heard of the Mozart effect. It’s the idea that if children or even babies listen to music composed by Mozart, they will become more intelligent. A quick Internet search reveals plenty of products to assist you in the task. Whatever your age there are CD s and books to help you taste the power of Mozart’s music, but when it comes to scientific evidence that it can make you more clever, the picture is more mixed. The phrase “the Mozart effect” was made up in 1991, but it was a study described two years later in the journal Nature that sparked real media and public interest about the idea that listening to classical music somehow improves the brain. It is one of those ideas that sound reasonable. Mozart was undoubtedly a genius himself; his music is complex and there is a hope that if we listen to enough of it, we’ll become more intelligent. The idea took off, with thousands of parents playing Mozart to their children, and in 1998 Zell Miller, the Governor of the state of Georgia in the US, even asked for money to be set aside in the state budget so that every newborn baby could be sent a CD of
classical music. It was not just babies and children who were exposed to Mozart’s music on purpose, even an Italian farmer proudly explained that the cows were played Mozart three times a day to help them to produce better milk. I’ll leave the debate on the impact on mi lk yield to farmers, but what about the evidence that listening to Mozart makes people more intelligent? More research was carried out but an analysis of sixteen different studies confirmed that listening to music does lead to a temporary improvement in the ability to handle shapes mentally, but the benefits are short-lived and it doesn’t make us more intelligent. 67. What can we learn from paragraph 1? A. Mozart composed (作曲) many musical pieces for children. B. Children listening to Mozart will be more intelligent. C. There is little scientific evidence to support Mozart effect. D. There are few products on the Internet about Mozart’s music. 68. The underlined sentence in paragraph3 suggests that ________. A. people were strongly against the idea B. Mozart played an important part in people’s life C. the idea was accepted by many people D. the US government helped promote the idea 69. What is the author’s attitude towards the Mozart effect? A. Favorable B. Objective (客观的) C. Positive D. Doubtful
70. What would be the best title for the passage? A. To be or not to be? C. What is the Mozart effect? B. What music is beneficial? D. Listening to Mozart, necessary?
第 II 卷 （非选择题 共 35 分） 第四部分 单词拼写 （满分 10 分） 71. I’ll make a___________________ for you to be met at the airport.
s___________________. 73. After she entered the classroom, she b______________ herself in a book. 74. We must make sure that tourism develops in h________________ with the environment. 75. He _______________( 正式地 ) announced his retirement from first-class cricket yesterday. 76. The _________________(事件) increased the conflicts between the two countries. 77. While the police haven’t dismissed the idea, they are looking into other ______________（可能性）. 78. Thanks to the villager’s help, the students arrived at their _____________(目的 地) in time. 79. The engineer ’s _________________(失踪) added to their difficulty in finishing the job. 80. We had been forced to adjust our s______________ because of the weather. 第五部分 任务型阅读（10 分） When young children are learning to ride a bicycle, they require that their parents hold on to the back of the bike so that they gain confidence and won’t fall off. However, when children leave to go to college, or get married, parents must accept that their children are riding off into their own future. At this time, parents shouldn’t stand back and with the children gone, they are left with an empty nest . How can parents get through this period of life? The first thing you should do is nothing at all. You should actually take some time to rest since your child was born. Just relax and reward yourself for the work you put into your child. Taking some time for yourself will allow you to adjust to the change and figure out how you really feel about your child’s departure (离开). You shouldn’t compare how you feel with how other people feel, as everyone’s experience of an empty nest is
different. Exercise is a great mood lifter. A physical fitness program may have been one of the first sacrifices (牺牲) you made when your child came along; now, with fewer duties, you’ll have time to hit the gym regularly. If you have a friend who also has become an empty nester recently, you may have found a new companion. Not only will you get the chance to share dealing with tips, you’ll also create social opportunities for yo urself, which will get you out of that empty house if you need to. We all have those things that we say we’ll do or learn “someday”. If you’re an empty nester, the “someday” might just be now. If you’re not sure exactly what to do in all your spare time, take your time and think about it. It will, however, probably be easier to figure out your dream when you’re out. Try exploring a nearby museum or attraction you’ve never visited. Many parents may fear an empty nest because they worry that their little birds have flown away forever. Try setting up a regular phone date with your child. A once-a-week call may make you feel satisfied while giving your child a reasonable degree of freedom.
★Young children need the help of parents to make them feel confident. Phenomenon ★Children will leave home after growing up and parents will feel (81) __▲__. (83) __▲__ yourself (82) to adjust to an empty nest Take (85) __▲__ __▲__ ★Do nothing but rest. ★Take time to adjust to the change and to figure out your (84) __▲__. ★You can have (86) __▲__ time to go to the gym. ★You can develop new (87) __▲__ and create social opportunities.
Follow your dream
★You get a (88) __▲__ to put your dream into practice. ★It will be easier to figure out your dream when you are out of the house.
Set a time for communication
★(89) __▲__ your child once a week will make you feel satisfied. ★Give your child enough (90) __▲__.
第六部分 书面表达（15 分） 最近你校就 “中学生课堂注意力”在学生中进行了调查，下面的表格为你校的调查结果（表 中数据为学生人数百分比） 。请你向某英文报纸投稿，根据所提供的信息介绍调查结果并根据提 示给出改善建议。 注意：字数：150 左右；其它建议至少两点；首句已给，不计入总词数。 能够集中注意力:40% 注意力集中情况 不能够集中注意力:60% 注意力不能集中的原因 课堂干扰:30% 睡眠不足与疲劳:70% 教室：通风明亮 改善注意力的建议 课堂：积极参与课堂活动 课间：适量活动及适当休息 其它建议？（至少两点）
Our school has made a survey about how long middle school students can fix their attention in class during each period. ___________ ________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________