wool, reliable, view, as usual, pillow, midnight, flame, beneath Please use the correct forms of the above words.
1) These goats are spec
ially bred for their _______. wool 2) ________, there weren’t many people As usual at the meeting. 3) My assistant is reliable so I could _______, rely on him completely.
4) We are enjoying the magnificent ____ view from the summit. 5) Wang Wei put her head down on her _____ pillow and went to sleep. 6) Professor Wang stayed up till ________. midnight
we can’t wait to see our cousins
we were on the way of climbing the mountains
A night in the mountain
True and false
1. They reached Tibet in winter.
( F )
2. Wang Wei always rode in front of me. ( T ) 3. When we reached a valley, it became warmer.( T ) 4. They went to sleep early in their tent. ( F ) 5. Their cousins will join them in Dali.( T )
see On the mountain: 1.snowfall 2. clear sky 3. bright stars In the valleys: 1.butterflies flying around us 2. yaks and sheep eating grass No wind but flames of the fire 1. ride bike in the snow. 2. change winter clothes for summer clothes 3. put up tent to make camp 1. Legs were heavy and. cold 2. To climb the mountain was hard work but to go down the hills is great fun. 3. we can Hardly wait to see our cousins.
1. To climb the mountain road was hard work but as we looked around us, we were surprised by the view. 时间状语从句 as:当…时 view:景色 (1)不定式作主语, 谓语动词用单数,可以用形式主语it. It is+ adj./n. (for sb) to do sth. To learn a foreign language is important for your future work. =It is important for your future work to learn a foreign language. To finish this job in one day is not possible. =It is not possible to finish this job in one day.
(2) view n. [C] 自然美景，风景
e.g. You’ll get a better view of the
pianist if you stand up.
2. We had to change our caps, coats, gloves and trousers for T-shirts and shorts. 我们只好把帽子, 外套和裤子换下, 穿 上T恤和短裤。 change 作为动词 “换衣, 更换” Wait, it won’t take me long to change
get changed 换好衣服
高考链接 Sara, hurry up. I’m afraid you won’t have time to____ before the party. A. get changed B. get change
C. get changing
D. get to change
change 可 作名 词
eg: Great changes have taken place in my hometown since last year. eg: I can get 5 yuan as my change from my father every week .
change n. 变化（可数）, 零钱（不可数）
3. In the early evening, we always stop to make camp. 傍晚我们停下来宿营。 camp n. [C, U] 野营, 营地, 营帐 [短语] make camp go camping 扎营, 宿营 去露营, 去野营
4. We put up our tents and then we ate. 我们先搭起帐篷然后吃饭。
① 举起, 抬起 = raise ② 挂起, 张贴 ③ 建造, 搭起 = build ④ 住宿, 留宿
Bear them in your mind!
e.g. He put up his hand to catch the
A new notice has been put up on the board. A new theatre will be put up where there used to be a temple. Will you put me up for the night?
5. We can hardly wait to see them. 我们迫不及待地想看一看 [考点] hardly是副词，意为“简直不能”， 常用于can / could之后，主要动词之前， 强调做某事很难。 [考例] I must be getting fat — I can ______ do my trousers up. (2004全国卷 II) A. fairly B. hardly C. nearly D. seldom
[点拨] 根据句意“我一定是在变胖，我几 乎扣不上裤子了”，可知此处缺一个表示 否定的副词，所以排除A、C； seldom意 为“很少”，与句意不符。故选B。
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字 母提示，写出该单词的正确形式。 1. I’ll be asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow p______. 2. He read his watch by the flame of a f______ match. 3. Lucy is a r______ girl, and you can reliable depend on her. 4. He was standing on the bridge looking beneath / below at the river b____________.
II. 根据句意，选择适当的词组填空。 1. as usual, than usual A. There are more people here ______. than usual B. He will go home, as usual for Christmas. ______, 2. so...that, such...that A. He gave Mary ______ a shock ______ such that her face turned white. B. She runs ______ quickly ______ we so that can’t keep up with her.