体验 探究 合作 展示
长春市十一高中 2015-2016 学年度高二上学期期中考试 英 语 试 题
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷(非选择题)两部分,共 150 分,考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1.答第 I 卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在答题卡上。 2.选出每小题答案后，用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如
需改动，用橡皮擦干 净后，再选涂其他答案标号。不能答在本试卷上，否则无效。 3.听力部分在距离考试结束 20 分钟开始进行。听力结束，考试结束。 第 I 卷 选择题 （满分 105 分） 第一部分、听力部分（共两小节，共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 l 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Who dialed the wrong number? A. Tom. B. Mary. 2. Why does Lisa want to see the dentist ? A. She has got a terrible toothache. B. Some sweets stick on her teeth . C. The dentist is her close friend. 3. What does the woman’s younger brother do ? A. He is an agent . B. He is a doctor . 4. How much will the man pay ? A. 30 dollars B. 60 dollars 5. What is the man’s hobby? A. Watching TV. B. Going to movies.
C. The woman.
C. He is designer . C. 120 dollars. C. Taking pictures.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A, B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。
6. When is the bank going to be closed? A. In an hour. B. In half an hour. 7. What does the woman want the man to do ? A. To buy traveler’s checks. B. To drive her to the bank . C. To fetch her checkbook.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。
C. In two hours.
8. Why does the woman look pale? A. Because she has worked too hard. B. Because she has been ill for three weeks . C. Because she is worried about her math test. 9. What will they probably do next ? A. They will go to see a doctor. B. They will prepare for the test . C. They will enter the shop together
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. When is the man supposed to check in ? A. At 10:30 a.m. B. At 10:00 a.m. C. At 9 :30 a.m. 11. Where is the man leaving for ? A. London. B. Paris. C. Scotland. 12. Why does the man feel nervous? A. Because he lost his ticket . B. Because he lost his boarding pass. C. Because he has never taken a plane before . 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至第 16 题。 13. Why is the woman looking unhappy ? A. Because she feels bored. B. Because she loses her job. C. Because she can’t watch TV. 14. What does the woman think of her job ? A . It is a busy one . B. It is a relaxing one . C. It is an interesting one. 15. What does she dislike ? A. Meeting people . B. Answering the phone . C. Typing and filing 16. What is the woman probably going to do next ? A.Continue to work there . B. Study for a certificate. C. Start her own business.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至第 20 小题。
17. What is the average temperature of Haikou annually? A. It is 17.2 ℃ B. It is 23.8 ℃ 18. When is the rainy season in Haikou? A . From April to October. B. From May to October. C. From May to August . 19. How is the climate in Haikou ? A. It is poor in rain . B. It is very windy. 20. Which of the following is TRUE? A. Haikou is the second largest island in China. B. There is a clear change in different seasons. C. The city’s name means “ Mouth of the River ”.
第二部分、英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节、单项填空（共 15 小题：每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
C. It is 29 ℃
C. It is rich in sunlight.
从（A, B, C, D）四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. _____________ for the terrible coal mine accident, as the public thought, the mayor of the city felt nervous and was at a loss what to do. A. Having blamed B. He was to blame C. Being to be blamed D. Being to blame 22. _________ both sides accept the agreement will a lasting peace be established in this region. A. Only if B. Unless C. If only D. As long as 23. The young teacher wants to help his students as much as he can, but _______ he’d better help them learn on their own. A. for one thing B. as usual C. in other words D.on the other hand 24. The teacher stressed again that the students should not ________ any important details while retelling the story. A.bring out B. let out C. leave out D. make out 25. New Zealand is a country lying off the eastern coast of Australia, ______ two big islands and many smaller ones. A. making up B. consisting of C. belonging to D. making from 26. His suggestion_______ to see the art exhibition interested every one of us. A. that we go B. which we should go C. that we would go D. when we should go 27. Health problems are closely connected with bad eating habits and a ______ of exercise. A. limit B. lack C. need D. demand 28. Without the timely help of our army, more people ________ their lives in the earthquake. A. would lose B. could lose C. would have lost D. should lose 29. I hope you will keep us ________ of how you are getting on with your work. A. to inform B. informed C. informing D. inform 30. The bus hit against a tree in the fog and _________ to the deep valley, with ten passengers killed and twenty wounded. A. down did it roll B. down rolled it C. it down rolled D. down it rolled 31. The International Day against Drugs, _________ warning people to keep away from drugs, takes place on June 26th every year. A. aimed at B. aiming at C. aimed to D. aiming to 32. Unsatisfied ________ with the payment, he took the job just to get some work experience. A. though was he B. though he was C. he was though D. was he though 33. The climate here is quite pleasant, the temperature rarely, __________, reaching 30℃ in summer. A. if not B. if ever C. if any D. if so 34. ----Do you have any idea what Paul does all day? ----As I know, he spends at least as much time playing as he _________. A. writes B. does writing C. is writing D. does write 35. _______ it _________ to rain tomorrow, the sports meet would be put off until
the same time next week. A. Should; / B. If ; should
C. Were; /
D. If ; were going
第二节、完型填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36-55 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中选出最 佳答案
Dr. K was one of my favorite professors in college. He was unique because he admitted telling lies in his 36 . I remembered the 37 to his teaching at the beginning of his first class: “Now let me 38 how I teach. Between today until the class right before finals, I'll put a 39 into each of my lectures. Your job is to try and 40 me in the Lie of the Day.” And thus 41 our ten-week course. Early in the course, the Lie of the Day was usually obvious — 42 causing a forest of raised 43 to challenge the lie. Dr. K would smile, saying, “Very good! In fact, the opposite is 44 .” As the course progressed, 45 , the Lie of the Day became less 46 . Every once in a while, a lecture would 47 with nobody catching the lie. On such days, we would all sit in 48 , while Dr. K looked quite 49 with himself and announced: “Ah ha! Each of you has one lie in your 50 . Discuss what it might be, and I will tell you next Monday.” Those lectures forced us to 51 what we had set down in our notebooks the following week. It's years since I 52 . While my knowledge taught by Dr. K has faded over time, the lessons will always stay 53 with me. “Experts” can be 54 and say things that sound right—so build a habit of 55 new information and check it against things you already accept as a fact. 36. A. memories B. lectures C. stories D. textbooks 37. A. access B. way C. introduction D. devotion 38. A. explain B. declare C. remember D. conduct 39. A. puzzle B. joke C. surprise D. lie 40. A. support B. help C. catch D. punish 41. A. began B. continued C. passed D. arose 42. A. gradually B. suddenly C. actually D. immediately 43. A. eyes B. hands C. heads D. books 44. A. interesting B. true C. easy D. serious 45. A. besides B. therefore C. once D. however 46. A. difficult B. attractive C. noticeable D. special 47. A. end B. meet C. prove D. connect 48. A. surprise B. relief C. comfort D. silence 49. A. annoyed B. disappointed C. pleased D. surprised 50. A. diaries B. notes C. homework D. articles 51. A. find out B. look for C. go through D. turn in 52. A. graduated B. retired C. married D. moved 53. A. funny B. fresh C. useful D. important 54. A. responsible B. greedy C. patient D. wrong
55. A. challenging
第三部分、阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 第一节、阅读下面的短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中，选出最佳选项。 A
All my life I had wanted a dog. I had two cats that I adored like children, but I still wanted the company of a dog. Then unfortunately I lost my cats. Soon came another shock that my husband left me forever because of lung cancer. I felt I had just lost everything that ever mattered to me. I voiced these feelings to a friend, who took me to a pet store. The store was holding an adoption day with shelters. I looked at and held several puppies， wondering which to choose. Then I met Maggie. She looked at me with the saddest eyes I had ever seen, then laid her head on my shoulder and slept. I immediately decided to save her! Maggie adjusted well. I, however, was still adjusting. One night, thoughts of losing everything rushed through my head again. So depressed was I that I felt the only solution was to end my life. With a bottle of medicine in one hand and Maggie on my lap, I took the pills. Through my tear-filled eyes I looked down at Maggie to tell her I was sorry. The look on her face I will never be able to explain. It’s as if her eyes said， “Don’t leave me; I need you just as you needed me.” It was then that I ran to the bathroom to vomit up the pills. The rest of the night I sat on the couch holding Maggie and thanking her for saving me. Since that night I have had a love for her that I never knew possible. She never leaves my side when I am at home. She has taught me to smile and laugh. Together with Maggie, I feel I can get through anything. 56.The author got Maggie from____________. A. a friend B. her husband C. a pet store D. an adoption center 57.The underlined phrase “vomit up” can be replaced by________________ A. throw up B. take up C. pick up D. break up 58.Why did the author feel depressed? A. Because her husband had taken her cats away. B. Because she had lost everything important to her. C. Because she couldn’t adjust to living with Maggie. D. Because she couldn’t find any solution to her problem. 59.What can be a suitable title for the text? A. My favorite pet dog. B. Who saved who? C. What is love? D. Love for life. B One of my wonderful memories is about a Christmas gift. Unlike other gifts, it came without wrap(包装). On September11th,1958, Mum gave birth to Richard. After she brought him home from hospital, she put him in my lap, saying. "I promised you a gift, and here it is. " What an honor! I turned four a month earlier and none of my friends had such a baby
doll of their own. I played with it day and night. I sang to it. I told it stories. I told it over and over how much I loved it! One morning, however, I found its bed empty. My doll was gone! I cried for it. Mum wept and told me that the poor little thing had been sent to a hospital. It had a fever. For several days, I heard Mum and Dad whispering such words as "hopeless", "pitiful", and "dying", which sounded ominous. Christmas was coming. "Don’t expect any presents this year." Dad said, pointing at the socks I hung in the living room. "If your baby brother lives, that'll be Christmas enough." As he spoke, his eyes were filled with tears. I'd never seen him cry before. The phone rang early on Christmas morning. Dad jumped out of bed to answer it. From my bedroom I heard him say, "What? He's all right?" He hung up and shouted upstairs. "The hospital said we can bring Richard home!" "Thank God.'" I heard Mum cry. From the upstairs window, I watched my parents rush out to the car. I had never seen them happy. And I was also full of joy. What a wonderful day! My baby doll would be home. I ran downstairs. My sacks still hung there flat. But I knew they were not empty; they were filled with love! 60. What happened to the author on September 11th,1958 ? A. He got a baby brother B. He got a Christmas gift C. He became four years old D. He received a doll 61.What does the underlined word “ominous” in Paragraph 3 probably mean？ A. Impossible. B. Boring C. Difficult D. Fearful 62. Which word can best describe the feeling of the father when Christmas was coming? A. Excitement. B. Sadness. C. Happiness. D. Disappointment. 63. What is the passage mainly about ? A. A sad Christmas day B. Life with a lovely baby C. A special Christmas gift. D. Memories of a happy family C At a primary school in a small town in the east of South Carolina, second-grade teachers Garneau and Lynne are convinced that separating elementary-age boys and girls produces immediate academic improvement in both genders(性别). David Chadwell, South Carolina’s coordinator (协调者)of single gender education says, “Boys and girls learn, hear and respond to their surroundings differently. We can teach boys and girls based on what we now know.” Male and female eyes are not organized in the same way, he explains. The composition of the male eye makes it sensitive to motion and direction. “Boys interpret the world as objects moving through space,” he says. The male eye is also drawn to cooler colors like silver and black. It’s no a ccident boys tend to create pictures of moving objects instead of drawing the happy colorful family, like girls do in their class. The female eye, on the other hand, is drawn to warmer colors like red, yellow and orange. To attract girls, Chadwell says, the teacher doesn’t need to move as much as in
boy’s class. Using descriptive phrases and lots of colors in presentations or on the blackboard gets their attention. Boys and girls also hear differently. “When someone speaks in a loud tone, girls interpret it as yelling,” Chadwell says. “They think you’re mad and can shut down.” Girls are more sensitive to sounds. He advises girls’ teachers to watch the tone of their voices. Boys’ teachers should sound more forceful, even excited. A boy’s nervous system causes him to be more cautious when he is standing, moving, and the room temperature is around 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Stress in boys, he says, tends to increase blood flow to their brains, a process that helps them stay focused. Girls are more focused when seated in a warmer room around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Girls also respond to stress differently. When exposed to threat and conflict, blood goes to their guts(肠道), leaving them feeling nervous or anxious. These differences can be applied in the classroom. Chadwell adds, “Single gender programs are about maximizing the learning.” 64. What is David Chadwell’s attitude toward separating elementary-age boys and girls while learning? A. Supportive B. Worried C. Concerned D. Uninterested 65. Which of the following shows the organization of the passage? (①= Paragraph 1 ? ②= Paragraph 2 , ③ = Paragraph 3 ….. ⑧ = Paragraph 8)
66. To engage boys in a class, the teacher ______. A. had better move constantly while teaching B. must have a moving object in this hand C. needs to wear clothes in warm color D. has to speak politely 67.Which of the following students is most likely to be focused? A. A boy sitting in a warm room B. A standing boy who is faced with stress C. A girl standing in a cold room D. A girl who is facing a lot of pressure D Work is a very important part of life in the United States. When the early Protestant
immigrants came to this country, they brought the idea that work was the way to God and heaven. This attitude, the Protestant Work Ethic (道德规范), still influences America today. Work is not only important for economic benefits, the salary, but also for social and psychological needs, the feeling of doing something for the good of the society. Americans spend most of their lives working, being productive. For most Americans, their work defines them: they are what they do. What happens then, when a person can no longer work? Almost all Americans stop working at age sixty-five or seventy and retire. Because work is such an important part of life in this culture, retirement can be very difficult. Retirees often feel that they are useless and unproductive. Of course, some people are happy to retire; but leaving one’s job, whatever it is, is a difficult change, even for those who look forward to retiring. Many retirees do not know how to use their time or they feel lost without their jobs. Retirements can also bring financial problems. Many people rely on Social Security checks every month. During their working years, employees contribute a certain percentage of their salaries to the government. Each employer also gives a certain percentage to the government. When people retire, they receive this money as income. These checks do not provide enough money to live on, however, because prices are increasing very rapidly. Senior citizens, those over sixty-five, have to have savings in the bank or other retirement plans to make ends meet. The rate of inflation is forcing prices higher each year; Social Security checks alone cannot cover these growing expenses. The government offers some assistance, Medicare (health care) and welfare (general assistance), but many senior citizens have to change their life styles after retirement. They have to spend carefully to be sure that they can afford to buy food, fuel and other necessities. Of course, many senior citizens are happy with retirement. They have time to spend with their families or enjoy their hobbies. Some continue to work part time, others do volunteer work. Some, like those in the Retired Business Executives Association, even help young people to get started in new business. Many retired citizens also belong to “Golden Age” groups. These organizations plan trips and social events. There are many chances for retirees. American society is only beginning to be concerned about the special physical and emotional needs of its senior citizens. The government is taking steps to ease the problem of limited income. They are building new housing, offering discounts in stores and museums and on buses, and providing other services such as free courses, food service, and help with housework. Retired citizens are a rapidly growing percentage of the population. This part of the population is very important and we must meet their needs. After all, every citizen will be a senior citizen some day. 68. The author believes that work first became important to Americans because of _______. A. economy B. religion C. psychology D. family 69.The passage is mainly about _______. A. work and retirement B. senior and junior C. money and check D. Protestants and Americans 70. When Americans stop work, it’s difficult for them to _______.
A. get Social Security checks C. feel productive
B. enjoy themselves D. be religious
While the rest of the world is waking up as the weather turns warm, our bodies may not respond the same way. Many of us may share the same feeling of inexplicable drowsiness as we embrace spring, and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has a term for it: chunkun, "spring sleepiness". _______71__________. 1. Don't sleep more, exercise more Eight hours of sleep is usually enough for adults. Getting longer sleep may reduce activity in the cerebral cortex, making people sleepier. _____72______. Aerobic exercise, such as jogging, swimming and rope skipping, are recommended. 2.________73___________ A cup of coffee or tea that contains a good amount of caffeine is good for the health, and is important to keep us alert for important occasions, such as crucial meeting. However, too much coffee may cause an accelerated heartbeat, anxiety and other symptoms that may be linked to heart problems. 3. Splash cold water on your face If a cup of coffee doesn't keep you awake long enough, try splashing cold water on your face,which is always refreshing. 4. Get some fresh air __________74_________. Bad air flow will lead to insufficient oxygen, which will affect the brain's performance. 5. Drink enough water Try to always have a bottle of water next to you, as it can help to eliminate accumulated toxins and help to fight spring fatigue. ________75__________. If none of the above tips work for you, you should be fine by the end of April. A. Fight back with caffeine but do not overdose B. Find the natural scent that awakes you C. Also go outdoors to get close to nature. D. You can also add slices of lemon to make it vitamin-rich. E. Make sure that air flows properly in your office and bedroom. F. Although spring sleepiness is not an illness, the following tips might be essential for those who really need to stay awake. G. Instead, a slight increase of the level of your physical activity will make us feel awake and energetic.
第 II 卷 非选择题（满分 45 分） 第四部分、写作（共三节，满分 45 分） 第一节、单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
76. Stop living in a fantasy world. You should be r_____________. 77. Being e__________ to the sun for too much time will do great harm to your skin. 78. Would it be c__________ for you to pick me up at four o ’clock and take me to the airport? 79. You’d better cut your hair short. Our school does not a__________ of students
80. 81. 82. 83. 84. 85.
wearing too long hair. What I said made no practical__________(印象) on him. Daniel ____________(溜进) into the room when no one was looking. The sales department makes an ________(准确的) forecast of sale. He showed great _________ in the face of danger. (brave) Not all snakes are __________. (poison) “Good morning ” is a __________ greeting. (convention)
第二节、单句改错（每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 请找出下列各句 1 处错误并改正，多找或不按格式要求改写不给分。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
86. Opening in 1987, Futuroscope is one of the largest space-age parks in the world. 87. Then I took a trip to Brazil and experienced surviving in an airplane crash in the jungle. 88. He placed a fixed sun at the center of the solar system with the planets go round it. 89. It seems no need to wait any longer because the chances are that they won ’t turn up. 90. However, I lost sight of Wang Ping when we reached that looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions. 91. Have you ever had a case that someone accused your journalists of getting the wrong end of the stick? 92. Remove clothing using scissors if necessary if it is stuck to the burn. 93. It was John’s quick action and knowledge of first aid which saved Ms Slade’s life. 94. Many art lovers would visit this small art gallery than any other in New York. 95. To their credits the four countries do work together in some areas, but they still have very different institutions.
第三节、书面表达 (满分 25 分) 假定你是张力，你从广告上得知某公司需要一名秘书。请你根据以下你的简历写一封求职信。 年龄：23 岁； 即将从北京大学毕业； 专业：经济管理（business management） ； 学英语 10 年，会计算机； 在过去四年中一直是本校学生报编辑之一，学习成绩在班上优秀； 喜欢在办公室工作。 注意： 词数：不少于 110 词； 可适当加入细节，以使行文连贯； 信的开头已为你写好，不计入词数。
Dear Sir or Madam, I write this letter to _______________________________________________