体验 探究 合作 展示
长春市十一高中 2015-2016 学年度高一上学期期中考试 英 语 试 题
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分。共 120 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 第Ⅰ卷 选择题（满分 70 分） 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 5 分)
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中 选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读 下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. When will the engineer get to Shanghai? A. At 8:10. B. At 8:30. 2. What color is the shirt? A. Black. B. Blue. 3. How much is a hamburger and Coke now? A. $2. B. $2.5. 4. Where are the two speakers? A. In a clothing factory. B. In a department store. 5. How does the man feel about the books’ price? A. It is high. B. It’s fair.
C. At 8:50. C. Yellow. C. $4. C. On a playground. C. It is low.
第二节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。
6. What will the woman do on Thursday? A. Prepare her lecture. B. Have a date with her student. C. Go to visit the man. 7. When will the speakers have a meal next week? A. On Thursday. B. On Friday. 8. What does the woman probably do? A. A doctor. B. A teacher.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。
C. On Saturday. C. A manager.
9. When is the speakers’ mother ’s birthday? A. April 18. B. April 22. C. May 2. 10. Where will the speakers be on their mother ’s birthday? A. In China. B. In Japan. C. In Canada.
11. What will the speakers buy for their mother? A. A gold necklace. B. A pearl necklace.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。
C. An MP3 player.
12. What does the woman want to buy? A. A digital camera. B. A cell phone. C. A fax machine. 13. What can’t we do using the product that the man mentions? A. Send a map to our friend’s fax machine. B. See the person we’re talking. C. Send pictures to our friend’s cell phone. 14. What can we know about the product t hat the man mentions? A. It is in an old style. B. It is cheap. C. It is made in China.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。
15. When will the man graduate from college? A. Next June. B. Next July. C. Next August. 16. How much does the company pay for the first year? A. $10,500. B. $12,000. C. $15,000. 17. What can we know from the conversation? A. The man has much work experience in the job he is asking for. B. The man won’t know anything about vacation. C. Seven people are asking for that job.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。
18. How long does the flight take? A. 2 hours and 40 minutes. B. 2 hours and 14 minutes. C. 2 hours and 4 minutes. 19. What is the weather like in Chicago now? A. Cloudy. B. Rainy. 20. Where is the speaker speaking? A. At the Chicago airport. B. On the plane. C. Near Gate 16.
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共一节，满分 20 分) 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分,满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项。
Yesterday, our teacher asked us when people could be considered old. David said people could be considered old when people got wrinkles (皱纹). However, Mary didn’t 21 . She thought people might gain wrinkles at an earlier age because of their 22 work. Then Lily said that those 23 their 60s or more could be called old people. This time, Emily expressed her doubt(怀疑). She said that some old people might 24 be full of energy and working on their dreams, which made them appear 25 . The class was over and the teacher asked me to continue to 26 it after class. The question 27 me of a famous saying of J. Barrymore: a man isn’t old 28 he is pursuing (追求) something. My grandma is such a woman who 29 her dream even when she’s 70
now. She has been keeping her dream of being a painter since she was a little child. 30 , because her family was poor, she had to 31 her dream. She had to work to raise money so as to 32 her family. Though she had never forgotten her dream, she could hardly find any 33 to make it come true because of the tough work. Fortunately, a(n) 34 came when she retired from her work. She 35 taking painting lessons even though she was already old. At first, I was 36 her idea of attending school at such an old age, but after seeing her paint happily and enjoyably, I began feeling it is a good 37 .She looks fine and seems 38 . So if we have our dreams and try to 39 them, we aren’t old. If we don’t know what we want and let regrets be the 40 point of our lives, then we can be considered old. D. answer 21．A. agree B. move C. understand 22．A. common B. hard C. old D. exciting 23．A. having B. repeating C. arriving D. reaching 24．A. almost B. hardly C. still D. sometimes 25．A. young B. smart C. interesting D. attractive 26．A. look for B. refer to C. turn to D. think about 27．A. found B. reminded C. puzzled D. prevented 28．A. as if B. so that C. as long as D. even if 29．A. follows B. knows C. finds D. remembers 30．A. Also B. But C. Besides D. However 31．A. search for B. put aside C. return to D. give up 32．A. protect B. leave C. support D. communicate D. way 33．A. person B. place C. road 34．A. chance B. excuse C. helper D. success 35．A. considered B. liked C. began D. stopped 36．A. for B. agaist C. with D. on 37．A. dream B. task C. purpose D. choice 38．A. energetic B. wealthy C. poor D. kind B. change 39．A. express C. realize D. satisfy 40．A. bottom B. center C. side D. tip
第三部分 阅读理解（共两节,满分 30 分） 第一节(共 10 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 20 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。
A Diao Weihao, a student at the Chengdu campus of Sichuan International Studies University, was in his dormitory(宿舍) when the earthquake struck at 2:30 pm on Monday. The 22-year-old felt that his chair was shaking. Suddenly, the textbooks on the bookshelf began to fall to the floor. The glass in the window broke. Diao recalled（回 忆）: “I wasn’t afraid. I was even excited and curious. Now, looking back, it was a frightening experience.” Diao and his roommates kept calm. They didn’t try to get out of the building until the shaking stopped. “We’ve watched lots of disaster films, and that helped us keep cool,” he said. “Only one student sprained（扭伤）his ankle. Most of us got outside
quickly and safely.”They were surprised to see many students outside. “I began to realize then what had happened,” he said. Without any tents or bedding, the students stayed on the football field for the whole night. Rain started falling in the morning, but the students all kept in good order. They simply chatted and shared their feelings and comforted each other. “Our students seemed to have self-control,” he said. “I heard that hospitals in Chengdu have lots of injured people who jumped out of buildings.” Now, Diao is mostly worried about the people in Wenchuan County. “It seems we won’t be able to have classes in one day or two,” said Diao. “I want to become a volunteer(志愿者) at the quake-hit area, or donate my blood to the injured people in hospital. Also, I will write on my blog to keep people calm and encourage them to protect themselves during emergencies(紧急情况).” 41. Where was Diao Weihao when the earthquake happened? A. In the campus B. In his dormitory C. In the football field D. In his classroom 42. How did Diao Weihao feel when he realized what was happening? A. Calm B. Afraid C. Interesting D. Moved 43. When did Diao Weihao and his classmates rushed outside? A. Before the quake B. After the quake C. When the quake was happening D. When they got the warning 44. From this passage, we know that Diao Weihao is _________. A. Wise and caring B. Helpful and honest C. Energetic and determined D. Hardworking and learned B Travelling can be a way to gain life experiences ， especially during Spring Break—a week long school vacation in the United States. Bu t what if you’re a student and don’t have enough money for a trip? Don’t worry. Here are some useful suggestions. Save：This probably is the most important preparation for travelling. Cut expenses (费用)to fatten your wallet so you will have more choices about where to go and how to get there. Plan ahead：Don’t wait until the last minute to plan your trip. Tickets may cost more when bought on short notice. Giving yourself several months to get ready can mean security and savings. Do your homework：No matter where you go，research the places you will visit. Decide what to see. Travel books will provide information on the cheapest hotels and restaurants. Plan sensibly（合理） ：Write down what you expect to spend for food and hotels. Stick to your plan or you may not have enough money to cover everything. Travel in groups：Find someone who is interested in visiting the same place. By
travelling with others you can share costs and experiences. Work as you go：Need more money to support your trip? Look for work in the places you visit. Go off the beaten path：Tourism cities may be expensive. You may want to rethink your trip and go to a less－known area. Smaller towns can have many interesting activities and sights. Pack necessary things：The most important things to take are not always clothes. Remember to take medicine in case you get sick and snacks in case you cannot find a cheap restaurant. Use the Internet：The Net can help to save money. Some useful websites include
www.Travelocity.com，www. bargains－lowestfare.com and www.economictravel.com.
By planning sensibly，even students can enjoy the travel. Your travel experiences will be remembered for a lifetime. 45. The underlined words “fatten your wallet” probably means “_________”. A. save some money B. make your wallet larger C. put some fat in your wallet D. put some choices in your wallet 46. During your trip, _________. A. you need more shoes than clothes B. you should forget to do your homework C. you shouldn’t look for work all the way D. you can gain valuable life experiences 47. The purpose of this passage is_________. A. to teach students how to save money B. to encourage students to have a trip C. to give some advice on travelling D. to introduce some websites about travelling C Many people turn to doctors or self-help books, but they ignore a powerful thing that could help them fight illness: their friends. Researchers are now starting to pay attention to the importance of friendship in health. A 10-year Australian study found that older people with a large circle of friends were 22 percent less likely to die during the study period than those with fewer friends. A large 2007 study showed an increase of nearly 60 percent in the risk (危险) for obesity (肥胖) among people whose friends gained weight. And last year, Harvard researchers reported that strong social ties(社会关系) could improve brain health as we age. “In general, the role of friendship in our lives isn’t well realized,” said Rebecca, a professor at the University of North Carolina. “Friendship has a bigger effect on our psychological (心理的) health than family relationships.” While many friendship studies are about the close relationships of women, some research shows that it can do good to men too. In a six-year study of 736 middle-aged men, having friendships reduces the risk of heart attack. Only smoking was as important
a risk factor (因素) as having little social support. Exactly why friendship has such a big effect isn’t entirely clear. While friends can send a sick person to the hospital or pick up medicine, the advantages go well beyond physical help. Friendship clearly has a big psychological effect. “People with stronger friendships feel like there is someone they can turn to,” said Karen, a doctor. “The message of these studies is that friends make your life better.” 48. The three studies in paragraph2 show that _________. A. friends can help us lose weight B. old people need friends the most C. more friends make us healthier D. friends are connected to health 49. What do Rebecca’s words in paragraph3 mean? A. What people need most is a friend’s care. B. Friendship is more important to women than to men. C. The value of friendship hasn’t been fully understood. D. Friendship is more important than family relationship. 50. What would be the best title of the text? A. Friends lead to a longer life. B. Friends are the best medicine. C. Friendship makes people happy. D. Friends are as important as a family.
第二节(共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。
Americans use many expressions with the word “dog”. People in the United States love their dogs and treat them well. 51 . However, dogs without owners to care for them lead a different kind of life. The expression, to lead a dog's life, describes a person who has an unhappy life. Some people say we live in a dog-eat-dog world. 52 . They say that to be successful, a person has to work like a dog. This means they have to work very, very hard. Such hard work can make people dog-tired. And, the situation would be even worse if they became sick as a dog. 53 . This means that every person enjoys a successful period during his or her life. To be successful, people often have to learn new skills. Yet, some people say that you can never teach an old dog new tricks. They believe that older people do not like to learn new things and will not change the way they do things. 54 . People who are unkind or uncaring can be described as meaner than a junkyard dog. Junkyard dogs live in places where people throw away things they do not want. But mean dogs are often used to guard this property(财产). They bark or attack people who try to enter the property. However, sometimes a person who appears to be mean and threatening（威胁） is really not so bad. We say his bark is worse than his bite. Dog expressions are also used to describe the weather. The dog days of summer are the hottest days of the year. A rainstorm may cool the weather. But we do not want it to rain too hard. 55 .
A. We do not want it to rain cats and dogs. B. Still, people say every dog has its day. C. Some people are compared to dogs in bad ways. D. There are many other expressions waiting for you to explore. E. Dogs are their best friends and they are loyal (忠诚的)to people. F. That means many people are competing for the same things, like good jobs. G. They take their dogs for walks, let them play outside and give them good food and medical care. 第 II 卷 非选择题题（满分 50 分）
第四部分 写作（共四节，满分 50 分） 第一节 单词拼写（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请根据句子意思在空白处填写单词，每空一词，注意词形变化。
56. Men are all born__________(平等). 57. What __________(品质) does a great person have? 58. What is your father ’s _________(态度) towards your plan? 59. Without _________ (电), modern life would be very difficult. 60. Lucy is a_________(可靠的)girl, and you can depend on her. 61. The flight for Hong Kong leaves at _________(确切地)8 o’clock. 62. China is playing an _________(积极的)part in international affairs. 63. _________ (判断)from his appearance, Mr. Smith must be over fifty. 64. The medicine is working_________(逐渐地)and you will be better soon. 65. I finally managed to_________(劝服) Mary to go out for a drink with me. 66. The villagers in Qinghai province _________(遭受) a lot in the snowstorm. 67. _________(厌倦)of doing the boring job all day, he is considering changing it. 68. _________(实际上)，I’m very busy at the moment. Can I call you back later? 69. Thousands of miners were_________(困在) in the coal mines during the earthquake. 70. Tom’s handwriting was beyond _________(辨认), so his composition got the lowest mark.
第二节 完成句子 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
71. 72. 73. 74.
The film is _________ ________ (根据) a famous novel. Years of fighting has left the area _________ ________ (成为废墟). Linda was _________ ________ (致力于; 献身于）the care of homeless people. I know you are very _________ ________ (喜欢) ice-cream, but you'll gain weight if you eat too much. 75. It is always the husband who ________ _______ (让步) first when quarrel breaks out between the young couple. 76. The war in Iraq was finally _______ _______ __________ (结束了). 77. Tom has learned how to _______ _______ __________(与…相处) his classmates.
78. A large number of people are _______ _______ __________ (失业), and how can the local government ignore the problem? 79. Every minute should be _______ _______ __________ ________ (好好利用) since we don’t have much time left. 80. Once she has _______ _______ __________ ________ (下定决心), nothing can change it.
第三节 单句改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面每个句子都只有一处语言错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。多 改或不按格式要求改不得分。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（?） ，并在其下面写出该词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
81. When Tom heard the bad news, he burst into crying. 82. I would be grateful if you could give me some advices. 83. The fly agreed immediately without the second thought. 84. We talked about the persons and things which we remembered. 85. Do you know when the People’s Republic of China was found？ 86. The washing machine which I bought it last Monday works well. 87. Mr. Smith is the only one of the teachers who know French in our school. 88. Burying in the book, he didn’t notice what was happening in the library. 89. Mr. Jack made a request that all his team members were at the office before 8:00. 90. Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I dreamed about taking a great bike trip.
第四节 书面表达 (满分 15 分) 假设你是李华，请你给外籍教师 Mr. Smith 写一封电子邮件，告诉他同学们对他的评价， 并提一些建议。 要点包括： 1. 课堂生动有趣 2. 知识渊博
3. 有耐心 4. 减慢语速 注意： 1. 词数 100 左右； 2．可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3．信的开头结尾已为你写好，不计入总词数。
Dear Mr. Smith， On behalf of the students of our class, I email you telling you how we feel about your first-week teaching in our class.________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ Yours， Li Hua 2015-2016 高一上学期期中考试英语答案 客观卷：1-20 CACBA ACBCB CBABA ACBCB 21-40 ABDCA DBCAD BCDAC BDACB 41-44BABA 45-47ADC 48-50 DCA 51-55 GFBCA 主观卷： 56-70 equal qualities attitude electricity reliable exactly active Judging gradually persuade suffered Tired Actually trapped recognition 71. based on 72. in ruins 73. devoted to 74. fond of 75. gives in 76. at an end 77.get along/on with 78.out of work 79. made full/good use of 80.made up her mind 81-90 out/tears advice a that founded 划掉 it knows Buried/加 himself be 加 have 写作： Dear Mr. Smith， On behalf of the students of our class, I email you telling you how we feel about your first-week teaching in our class. All of us students think highly of your way of
teaching, as you can always make your class lively and interesting. In addition, you are such a learned man that we can learn a lot from you and most importantly, you are patient with us. Frankly speaking, you have built up our confidence in learning English well. Some of us are still poor at English and need your help. We hope you will speak a little bit slowly so that we can understand you better. Besides, would you please spend more time with us, joining in our after school activities so that we have more chances to practise our oral English. If you have any difficulties in your life here, just tell us. We are ready to offer you any help. Yours， Li_Hua