丰城中学 2015-2016 学年上学期高二英语周考试卷 1—3 37—38 班 命题人：熊书琴 审题人：高二英语备课组 2016-1-17 本试卷总分值为 150 分 考试时间为 120 分钟 第Ⅰ卷
第一部分 听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节 (共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来
回答有关小题和阅读下一小 题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Why does the man wear his sunglasses? A. It‘s sunny. B. His eyes hurt in the light. C. It‘s cool.
2. What will the two speakers do today? A. Visit a friend. B. Go to a clothes show. C. Stay at home.
3. What does the man mean? A. He won‘t take the luggage with him. B. He will deliver the luggage by car. C. He doesn‘t need any help with the luggage. 4. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. Information. B. E-mail. C. Business.
5. What will the girl most probably do? A. Go over her lessons. B. Take an exam. C. Go to the concert.
第二节 (共 15 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。 听每段对话或独白前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Why does the man apologize to the woman? A. He keeps her waiting for a long time. B. There isn‘t the dish she orders. C. He makes a mistake in her order. 7. What explanation does the man give to the woman? A. He is a green hand on the job. B. He can‘t do things fast enough. C. He can‘t understand the customers well. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. How soon will the exam begin? A. In ten days. B. In a week. C. In two weeks.
9. What subject is the boy poor at? A. Math. B. English. C. Chinese.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where is the man at present? A. In Boston. B. In New York. C. In Washington.
11. When is a good time to have a trip? A. On weekends. B. On weekdays. C. Every morning.
12. How does the woman advise the man to go to Boston? A. By train. B. By bus. C. By air.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 l 3 至 l 6 题。 13. What does Helen want to set up? A. A radio station. B. A TV station. C. A program club.
14. What will Helen do to collect money? A. Get donations. B. Do part-time job. C. Put on ads.
15. Who are considered first to take part? A. Those who can donate money. B. Those who hope to go into a career. C. Those who would like to work without money. 16. What do we know about the programs? A. There are already good programs. B. They don‘t have to decide the programs. C. The programs haven‘t been decided yet. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the temperature today? A. 23℃. B. 16℃. C. 27℃.
18. What is the weather like tomorrow morning? A. Cloudy. B. Sunny. C. Rainy.
19. When will most of the southern half of the country bring rain? A. This evening. B. Next evening. C. Next afternoon.
20. Which part of the country will keep temperatures down to about 19℃? A. The north. B. The east. C. The southwest. 第二部分 阅读理解 (共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分)[来源:学.科.网 Z.X.X.K] 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A The amount of carbon taken in by growing plants increased from 1982 to 1999 as
temperatures rose and the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increased. But a new study in Friday's edition of the journal Science found a droughtrelated decline in such plant growth from 2000 to 2009, even though temperatures continued to climb. As drought caused by warming reduces the land's ability to take in carbon, the result could be more carbon dioxide left in the atmosphere, and thus more warming, Zhao Maosheng from the University of Montana explained in a telephone interview. ―This is a pretty serious warning that warmer temperatures are not going to endlessly improve plant growth，‖co?author Steven Running, also from the University of Montana, said in a statement. ―We see this as a bit of a surprise, and potentially significant on a policy level because previous interpretations（理解、说明） suggested global warming might actually help plant growth around the world，‖he said. Instead, he and Zhao found a small but measurable decline of about 1%, compared to a 6% increase in the past decade. Their study, based on the data collected by NASA satellites, found that north areas continued to increase plant growth, thanks to warmer temperatures and a longer growing season. Someone commented， ―This past decade's net decline in earthly productivity suggests that a complex relationship between temperature, rainfall, cloudiness, and carbon dioxide ， probably in combination with other factors such as nutrients （营养物） and land management, will determine future patterns and trends in productivity（生产率或生产效率）.‖ 21．From the first paragraph, we can learn ________ in the recent decade or so. A．the emission（排放） of carbon hasn't been reduced B．drought has been causing loss of soil and water C．carbon dioxide levels have been rising D．the rise of temperature doesn't promote the plant growth 22．Zhao Maosheng really worried that ________. A．more and more land will be abandoned B．the climate becomes warmer and warmer C．the emission of carbon dioxide increases D．drought further reduces the number of the plants 23．We can infer from the passage that ________. A．global warming will determine the future productivity B．various factors play a key role jointly（联合地、共同地） on future productivity C．earthly productivity actually increased in the past decade D．temperature rise has had no effect on future productivity patterns B You may not pay much attention to your daily elevator ride. Many of us use a lift several times during the day without really thinking about it. But Lee Gray, PhD, of the University of North Carolina, US, has made it his business to examine this overlooked form of public transport. He is known as the ―Elevator Guy‖. ―The lift becomes this interesting social space where etiquette (礼仪) is sort of odd (奇怪 的),‖ Gray told the BBC. ―They are socially very interesting but often very awkward places.‖ We walk in and usually turn around to face the door. If someone else comes in, we may have to move. And here, according to Gray, lift users unthinkingly go through a set pattern of movements. He told the BBC what he had observed. He explained that when you are the only one inside a lift, you can do whatever you want – it‘s your own little box. If there are two of you, you go into different corners, standing diagonally (对角线地) across from each other to create distance. When a third person enters, you will unconsciously form a triangle. And when there is a
fourth person it becomes a square, with someone in every corner. A fifth person is probably going to have to stand in the middle. New entrants to the lift will need to size up the situation when the doors slide open and then act decisively. Once in, for most people the rule is simple – look down, or look at your phone. Why are we so awkward in lifts? ―You don‘t have enough space,‖ Professor Babette Renneberg, a clinical psychologist at the Free University of Berlin, told the BBC. ―Usually when we meet other people we have about an arm‘s length of distance between us. And that‘s not possible in most elevators.‖ In such a small, enclosed space it becomes very important to act in a way that cannot be construed (理解) as threatening or odd. ―The easiest way to do this is to avoid eye contact,‖ she said. 24.The main purpose of the article is to _____. A. remind us to enjoy ourselves in the elevator B. tell us some unwritten rules of elevator etiquette C. share an interesting but awkward elevator ride D. analyze what makes people feel awkward in an elevator 25. According to Gray, when people enter an elevator, they usually ___ A. turn around and greet one another B. look around or examine their phone C. make eye contact with those in the elevator D. try to keep a distance from other people 26. Which of the following describes how people usually stand when there are at least two people in an elevator?
27. The underlined phrase ―size up‖ in Paragraph 7 is closest in meaning to _____. A. judge B. ignore C. put up with D. make the best of C When I was a child, I often dreamed of the time when I could leave home and escape to the city. We lived on a farm and, in the winter especially, we were quite cut off from the outside world. As soon as I left school, I packed my bags and moved to the capital. However, I soon discovered that city life has its problems too. One big disadvantage is money---it costs so much to go out, not to mention basics like food and housing. Another disadvantage is pollution. I suffer from asthma(哮喘), and at times the air is so bad that I am afraid to go outside. Then there is the problem of travelling round. Although I have a car, I seldom use it because of the traffic jams. One choice is to go by bicycle, but that can be quite dangerous. Of course there are advantages. First, there is so much to do in the city, whatever your tastes in culture or entertainment. Besides, there are wonderful jobs and greater chances of moving to a more important job or position. Finally, if you like shopping, the variety of
goods is very surprising---and, what is more, shops are often only a short walk away. Is life better then, in the city? Perhaps it is, when you are in your teens or twenties. However, as you get older, and especially if you have small children, the peace of the countryside may seem preferable. I certainly hope to move back there soon. 28. What was the writer always thinking about when he was a child? A. Staying on the farm B. Moving to the countryside C. Leaving home for the city D. Running away from the school 29. Which of the following is true about the writer? A. He is very old now. B. He is in good health. C. He prefers driving a car. D. He lives in the city now. 30. In the passage, the writer tries to _______. A. express his opinions about way of life B. describe his life in the countryside C. show an interest in the outside world D. persuade the reader to live in the city 31. How is the passage mainly developed? A. By inferring B. By comparing C. By listing examples D. By giving explanations D What would it be like to take a walk on the surface of Mars? If you could design the tallest building in the world, what would it look like? Do you dream of being the next J.K.Rowling ? This summer, you can experience all of these things, and more. All you need is an Internet connection and your imagination. A recent study by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that kids spend an average of 1 hour and 29 minutes online each day. Many kids like to use that time to chat with friends, play games or check e-mails. But next time you get on the Web, try exploring the world instead. ―With the Internet, you can go back 11,000 years in time, or go 11,000 kilometers across the planet,‖ said Russell, Web search expert of Google. ―The whole scope of history and the world is open to you.‖ There is a wealth of information to be found online. For example, if your family is going on vacation somewhere, do a quick online search on the area before you even get in the car. ―What‘s the background of the place; what‘s the history?‖ says Russell. ―I like to tell my kids, ?Whenever you have a question, whenever you have a doubt, search it out.‘‖ Ready to launch a virtual journey of your own? Here are a few starting points to get you thinking and to help you on your way. You can invite your parents along for the ride, too. Always ask for permission before downloading programs and software into your computer. And, check with a parent or adult before visiting any new website. Navigate the world in 3-D with Google Earth. Begin in outer space and zoom into the streets of any city, from Hong Kong to San Francisco. Or, visit ancient monuments and watch the changing rainforests over time. With the moon in Google Earth tool, you can walk in Neil Armstrong‘s famous footsteps. Take a guided tour of the moon‘s surface with Armstrong‘s fellow shuttle mate astronaut Buzz Aldrin. 32. According to Russell, the kids _____. A. spend too much time on the Internet B. should never chat and play games online C. can solve their problems through the Internet D. should study hard instead of chatting online 33. According to the passage, if you want to go to Tropical Rainforests, you can _________. A. take the time shuttle B. go to the cinema to watch 3-D films C. find a travel agency in Google D. use Google Earth 34. The passage is mainly intended for _________. A. parents B. kids C. teachers D. adults
35. In which section of a website can we probably read this passage? A. Culture. B. Health. C. Internet World. D. Tourism. 第Ⅱ卷（非选择题，满分 35 分） 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的七个选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多 余选项。 People often say you never get a second chance to make a first impression, and that's actually quite true. 36 After all, making a good first impression is all about making others feel good when spending time with them．The following tips will help you make a positive impression every time． ● Dress appropriately 37 That means dressing up or putting on nice, clean, situation-appropriate clothes for social situations．It isn't difficult and it doesn't have to cost you much, either． ● Be aware of your body language Words express very little of what you say．Body language can tell someone a lot about your mood and confidence level． 38 Eye contact is an easy way to make others feel comfortable, important and special． Nervous body language can make others uncomfortable and anxious．Try to be aware of your body language when communicating with others． ● Respect the opinions of others Not everyone will have the same opinion with you, and friendly disagreements can be a gateway to a great conversation. Respect other people's right to have their own opinion．Respect the opinions of others even if you disagree with them． 39 ● 40 People love talking about themselves, but generally, you want to be careful of taking over the conversation．By listening carefully to what others are saying, you are not only making them feel important, but you can gather cues you need to keep the conversation going and bridge to new topics． A．Be a careful listener. B．Show an interest in every person you meet. C．Smile especially when first meeting someone. D．Make sure you look nice whenever you meet someone new. E．Meeting new people and starting conversations is often challenging. F．Others will want to be with you and help you make a good impression. G．Don't force others to believe what you believe or to see things only as you see them. 第三部分 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Even though it was only October, my students were already whispering about Christmas plans. With each passing day everyone became more __41__waiting for the final school bell. Upon its _42____everyone would run for their coats and go home, everyone except David. David was a small boy in ragged clothes. I had often _43___what kind of home life David had, and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so __44__for the cold winter months, without a coat, boots, or gloves. But something made David __45__I can still remember he was always __46____a smile and willing to help. He always __47__ after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor. We never talked much. He__48___just smile and ask what else he could
do ,then thank me for letting him stay and slowly__49___home. Weeks passed and the __50___over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of__51__before the holiday break. I smiled in ___52 __as the last of them hurried out of the door. Turning around I saw David ___53___standing by my desk. ―I have something for you‖ he said ____54____from behind his back a small box. __55___it to me, he said anxiously. ―Open it‖ I took the box from him, thanked him and slowly unwrapped it. I lift the lid and to my __56__saw nothing. I looked at David‘s smiling face and back into the box and said. ―The box is nice, David, but it‘ s__57__‖ ―Oh no it isn‘t‖ said David ―It‘s full of love, my mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn‘t see or touch unless you know it‘s there‖ Tears filled my eyes ___58___ I looked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given____59___to. After that Christmas, David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning ___60___the little empty box set on my desk. 41. A. anxious B. courageous C. serious D. cautious 42. A. warning B. yelling C. calling D. ringing 43. A. scolded B. realized C. wondered D. learned 44. A. modestly B. inappropriately C. inaccurately D. naturally 45. A. popular B. upset C. special D. funny 46. A. wearing B. delivering C. expressing D. sharing 47. A. practised B. wandered C. studied D. stayed 48. A. should B. would C. might D. could 49. A. aim at B. turn to C. put off D. head for 50. A. argument B. movement C. excitement D. program 51. A. program B. year C. education D. school 52. A. relief B. return C. vain D. control 53. A. weakly B. sadly C. quietly D. helplessly 54. A. searched B. found C. raised D. pulled 55. A. Holding B. Handing C. Sending D. Leaving 56. A. delight B. expectation C. appreciation D. surprise 57. A. cheap B. improper C. useless D. empty 58. A. as B. until C. because D. though 59. A. advice B. support C. attention D. command 60. A. from B. towards C. over D. behind 第Ⅱ卷(共 50 分) 第一节：语法填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 One sentence from the news in Washington 61 (remain)in my mind since a trip last summer : When you see people run 62 the crowd escaping from the danger, they are 63 (probable) firefighters, police or journalists .I think this is most true for the firefighters. Whenever and wherever 64 (disaster) happen-----9/11 Attacks in New York 14 years ago or the explosion in Tianjin on Wednesday night----it is always the firefighters 65 take the lead to run to the very center, 66 (save) lives by risking their own. I cried today near the explosion site, not because of the smoke from the ongoing fire 67 because of a short message a firefighter sent to a trusted friend that went viral online. It reads, "If I cannot
make it, my father is 68 (you) father; and please remember mother's tomb .―I was thrilled later to learn that he did make it.
―Everyone knows it's dangerous to be a firefighter. But he has always liked it and has done it for 12 years," his father said. "He has survived this time, but no one knows what ( happen) next time.‖ 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处错误，句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（^） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Yesterday I showed to my friend Peter around Beijing city. We started off at 8:00 a.m. First we went to the Forbidden City, which was one of the most popular tourist spot in Beijing. Then we visited the History Museum. We observed a lot of valuable things in them and we learned a lot about Chinese history. After a quick meal, we went to Beihai Park. Upon arrival, we were all struck by its beautiful scene. We spent a whole afternoon appreciated the wonder. It was until 18:00 p. m. that we went back.We did have a wonderful time. Peter was very pleased with my arrangement that he invited me to a new-built western restaurant to have a big meal. 第三节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) 高中生面临沉重的学习压力，因此，很多同学课间休息时间也坐在教室里学习，但效果并不 理想。 就此， 班主任准备开一次班会课， 以劝诫这些同学： 适当的休息很有必要。 现请你以―The Ten-minute Break Between Classes‖为题，按以下要求写一篇英语短文，让这些同学从中受到 启发。要点如下： 1. 请简要描述现象：很多同学在课间休息时间也坐在教室里学习，但效果并不理想； 2. 十分钟的课间休息很有必要； 3. 你是如何利用这十分钟休息时间的。 注意：词数 100 词左右，开头已给出，不计入总词数。 The Ten-minute Break Between Classes Time seems to be so limited for us senior high school students. 70
____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ________________________
丰城中学 2015-2016 学年上学期高二周考答题卡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 21 22 23 24 25 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 26 27 28 29 30
11 12 13 14 15 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 31 32 33 34 35 16 17 18
【A】 【A 】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B 】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C 】 【C】 【C】 【C】 36 37 38 39 40
【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【E】 【E 】 【E】 【E】 【E】 【F】 【F 】 【F】 【F】 【F】 【G】 【G 】 【G】 【G】 【G】
41 42 43 44 45 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
46 47 48 49 50 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
56 57 58 59 60 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【A】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【B】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【C】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】 【D】
61___________62___________63__________ 64___________ 65_________ 66___________67___________68__________ 69___________ 70_________ 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） Yesterday I showed to my friend Peter around Beijing city. We started off at 8:00 a.m. First we went to the Forbidden City, which was one of the most popular tourist spot in Beijing. Then we visited the History Museum. We observed a lot of valuable things in them and we learned a lot about Chinese history. After a quick meal, we went to Beihai Park. Upon arrival, we were all struck by its beautiful scene. We spent a whole afternoon appreciated the wonder. It was until 18:00 p. m. that we went back.We did have a wonderful time. Peter was very pleased with my arrangement that he invited me to a new-built western restaurant to have a big meal. 书面表达（25 分） The Ten-minute Break Between Classes Time seems to be so limited for us senior high school students.
丰城中学2015-2016学年上学期高二英语周考试卷 1-3 37-38 班英语答案
1-5: BCABC 6-10: CABAB 11-15：BAACB 16-20：CABBA
21-23 DBB 24—27 BDCA 28-31 CDAB 32-35 CDBC 36--40 EDCGA 41-45 ADCBC 46-50 ADBDC 51-55DACDB 56-60DDACD 61. has remained 62. against 63. probably 64.disasters 65.who/that 66.saving 67. but 68.your 69.to sweep 70.will happen
Yesterday I showed to my friend Peter around Beijing city. We started off at 8:00 a.m. First we went to the Forbidden City, which was one of the most popular tourist is
spot in Beijing. Then we visited the History Museum. We observed a lot of valuable spots things in them and we learned a lot about Chinese history. After a quick meal, we went it to Beihai Park. Upon arrival, we were all struck by its beautiful scene. We spent a both the whole afternoon appreciated the wonder. It was ∧ until 18:00 p. m. that we went back. appreciating not We did have a wonderful time. Peter was very pleased with my arrangement that he so invited me to a new-built western restaurant to have a big meal. newly-built
The Ten-minute Break Between Classes Time seems to be so limited for us senior high school students. Thus, with so much work to do, a great many students are always eager to seize every minute to study in and after class, including the ten-minute break. However, the outcome isn‘t as satisfying as expected. As far as I know, we need the short break, of which the significance can‘t be overlooked. As a matter of fact, the ten-minute break helps us keep a balance between study and relaxation. Short as the break is, we can refresh ourselves and get well prepared for the next class. Thus, there is no need to push ourselves to study even during the short ten-minute break. Now I‘d like to share with you my ten-minute break activities. During the ten minutes, I will walk out of the classroom, breathe the fresh air, and then make preparations for the next class. Only in this way can I do my work remarkably well.
41. 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查学生对文章的理解和对词义的辨析，anxious 焦急的；急切的。 42、 【答案】B 【解析】本题中 its 指的是 school bell 所以只能和 ring 搭配。 43、 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查动词词义的辨析，后面用的是 what kind of home life David had, 所以用 wondered。 44、 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查副词词义的辨析， inappropriately 不适当地，根据下文中的 without a coat, boots, or gloves 可知 David 穿得不合适。 45、 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查形容词的词义辨析，special 特殊的；特别的，上文中说到 David
穿得不好， 下文中说到作者能记得的是 David 脸上一直挂着微笑， 总是乐于助人， 说明他与众不同。 46、 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查动词的辨析，wear 呈现，显现，在这儿意思是面笑容。 47、 【答案】D 【解析】 本题考查动词的辨析， David 在放学后待在学校摆齐凳子， 拖地， 故选 D。 48、 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查情态动词的辨析，would 老是，总是。 49、 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查动词词组的区别： head for 朝……进发，前进。在这儿是说 David 打扫完教室后回家。 50、 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查名词的辨析， excitement 指学生期待已久的圣诞到来的兴奋之 情。 51、 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查名词的辨析，before the holiday break 显然是 school day. 52、 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查名词的辨析，relief 轻松，宽慰。 53、 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查副词的辨析：由上下文可知，这儿应是 David 静静地站在讲桌 旁。 54、 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查动词的辨析，此处应是 David 从身后把那个盒子拉出来。 55、 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查动词的辨析，hand sth. to sb. 把……交给某人 56、 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查名词的辨析，既然是送给老师的礼物，盒子里应该有东西，而 老师打开后盒子是空的，所以感到惊奇。 57、 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查形容词的辨析，由上文中的 saw nothing 和下文中的 It‘s full of love。可知选 B。 58、 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查连词的用法，as 在这儿引导时间状语从句。 59、 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查句词的辨析，由前文中的 We never talked much 可知，作者并 没对 David 注意太多。 60、 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查介词的辨析，由整篇文章可知，这儿是空盒子背后的意义。