1. sightseeing n.& a.观光的 sightsee sightseer v. 观光 n.观光客 游客 游览
go sightseeing 观光
2. be worried about / for 为…着急 be anxious about sth 为…担忧
be upset about
be curious about sth.为…好奇
be eager for 盼望得到，想得到 be confused with 对…感到混乱
3. available adj. 1) (sth.) that can be used 可用的；可得的
This was the only available room. Tickets are available at the box office. 2)(sb.) be free to seen 可会见的 I am available in the afternoon. He was not available for the interview.
4. delight n.&v.
to one’s delight 令…感到愉快的是 delight sb. with sth. 用某物使某人高兴 delight in 喜欢，嗜好 take delight in
be delighted to do
Fill in the blanks with in /to: in 1) I took delight ______ books. To 2) ___ his delight, he passed the driving test. in 3) She delights ___being surrounded by admirers.
It looked splendid when first built!
When first built = When it was first built asked why he was late When_____________________, he went red.
1) Generally speaking, ____ according to the directions, the drug has no side effect. A .when taking B. when taken √ C. when to take D. when to be taken
2) Unless ____ to speak, you should remain silent at the conference. A .invited B. inviting √ C .being invited D. having invited
6. in memory of = in honor of
in celebration of 为了庆祝 The museum was built in memory of the great writer – Lu Xun. A grand party was held in celebration of their victory.
7. It is strange (necessary, natural, important, a pity) +that (should) + v. 虚拟语
You can’t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman (should) be so rude to a lady. It is strange that he _________ so much about me. A. knows B. knew C.has known D. know √
8. display n. & v. 陈列，展示，表露 on display 展览 on show 展示 = on exhibition The seller displays all kinds of fruits in the shop.
display one’s true feelings
9. thrill vt. 使激动的，使胆战心惊的 ，有时
The film thrilled the audience a thrilling experience thrilling = exciting
thrilled = excited
10. feel / be proud of take pride in 以……为自豪
He takes a pride in his success.
He prides himself on his success.
He is proud of his success.
He is proud to be a scientist.