倒装句 和”it”强调 句型
例：Never in my life have I seen such a thing.
(no, not, never, seldom, hardly, rarely, neither, nor, little , few, by no means, at no time... )
例： We know little about him.
＝ Little do we know about him.
I will never forget you. ＝ Never will I forget you.
He rarely has any extra money. does he have ＝ Rarely _____________any extra
I shall by no means betray my country.
shall I betray ＝ By no means _____________my country.
2）在以下句型中，否定词引导的 部分放在句首，要部分倒装： not only ... but also ... no sooner ... than ... hardly / scarcely ... when ... neither... nor...
例： He not only has 2 daughters, but also he has 4 sons. does he have ＝ Not only _____________2 daughters, but also he has 4 sons. He had no sooner closed his eyes than he fell asleep. had he closed ＝ No sooner _____________his eyes
than he fell asleep.
He had Hardly opened the window when the light went out.
＝ Hardly had he opened _____________the window
when the light went out. He neither spoke nor sat down.
did he speak ＝ Neither _____________nor did he
3）在so / such ... that 句型中， so / such引导的部分放在句首， 要部分倒装。
They ate so much that they could not move. did they eat ＝ So much ____________that they could not move.
He speaks so loudly that people in the next room can hear him.
does he speak ＝ So loudly ______________that people in the next room can hear him.
He has such a nice house that we all admire him.
does he have ＝ Such a nice house ____________ that we all admire him. She was so selfish a girl that everyone avoid talking with her. was she ＝ So selfish a girl __________that everyone avoids talking with her.
4）only 或 not until 引导的 状语在句首，主句要部分倒装。
I didn’t know about it until he told me .
＝ Not until he told me did I know
I won’t believe it until I see it with my own eyes .
＝ Not until I see it with my own
will I believe it eyes______________.
Only when a child grows up will the truth of life come to him.
can you see Only in spring ____________ such kind of birds.
5） 当 if 引导的虚拟条件从句中 有were，had，should 时，如 将 if 省略，则应把were，had， should 提到主语前面。
例： ＝ Were I a cloud, I would float to every corner of the sky.
＝ Had he got the chance, he
would have become a great painter.
＝ Should the sun not come out
tomorrow, the world would get into a mess.
6）as 引导的让步状语从句，要 将表语或状语提前 （形容词, 副 词, 名词, 实义动词提前）。 though 引导的让步状语句， 可倒装也可不倒装，倒装时用法 与 as 一样。
Fast as I ran, I could not catch the bus． (＝Although I ran very fast) Poor as he is, he is very happy． (＝Although he is poor)
Child as he is, he can tell right from wrong． (＝Although he is a child) Wait as you may, he will not see you． (＝Although you may wait)
例：Then came the chairman.
1）表方向或地点的介词短语和副 词如in, out, away , down 等放句 首时，句子要全部倒装。 （注：主语是代词则不倒装）
例： Out rushed a dog. Under the tree stands a boy.
注： Here he comes. Away they went.
2）用在以 here, there, now, then , thus 等引起的句中，谓 语动词常为：go, come, be, stand, lie, fall 等。
there be句型中，be 可换成stand, lie, live, used to be, seem to be, come, go, enter, follow, remain, etc.
例： Here is your letter.
There lies a small river at the foot of the hill. Once there lived a king whose name was Midas. Then came the age of knowledge economy.
3）为了保持句子平衡，可表语 部分提到句首。 例： Present at the meeting were Professor White, Professor Smith and many other guests.
Gone are the days when they could do what they liked .
Among the goods are Christmas trees, flowers, candles and toys.
1.Not until all the fish died in the river _____ how serious the pollution was.
A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
2. _____ that no one was ever prepared for it.
A. So suddenly did the disaster come B. So suddenly the disaster came C. So did the disaster come suddenly D. Came the disaster so suddenly
3. It is not who is right but what is right _____ is of importance. A.which C. that B. it D. this
4. —Did Linda see the traffic accident? —No, no sooner _____ than it happened. A. had she gone B. she had gone C. has she gone D. she has gone
5. Little _____ that we were watching his every move.
A. he realized B. he didn’t realize C. didn’t he realize D. did he realize
6. _____ he came back home that we knew what had happened. A. When it was B. It was when C. Was it when D. When was it
7. ______ to rain tomorrow , they would put off the meeting. A. If it should B. If were it C. Should it D. were it
8. It is the fact _____ English has become the global language _____ has made more and more people learn English in recent years.
A. which; that B. that; which C. that; that D. which; which
9. Early in the day ______ the news ______ the enemy were gone.
A. come , that B. came , that C. comes, that D. came , what
10. It _____ we had stayed together for a couple of weeks _____ I found we had a lot in common. A. was until; when B. was until; that C. wasn’t until; when D. wasn’t until; that
11. Never in my wildest dreams _____ these people are living in such poor conditions. A. I could imagine B. could I imagine C. I couldn’t imagine D. couldn’t I imagine
12. Not only ______ strict with us, but also ______ for us .
A. was the teacher ; did he care B. was the teacher ; he cared C. the teacher was ; did he care D. the teacher was ; did he care
13. ____was in 1989____ I graduated from the university. A.That…that B. It ...that C. That ...when D. It …. When 14. ____was 1989____ I graduated from the university. A.That…that B. It ...that C. That ...when D. It …. When
15. ______ the cat , she has to give it to the neighbor. A. As she likes much B. As she much likes C. Much as she likes D. As much she likes
16. If you want to go there , ______ .
A. so will I C. I will so
B. so I will D. so do I
17. It ____ the manager that spoke to you just now.
A.can be B. is C. must have been D. will be
18. In front of the farmhouse ______ .
A. does a small boy sit B. did a small boy sit C. sit a small boy D. sat a small boy
19. Here ______ . A.does he come B. he comes C. comes he D. he come 20. Only ______ that . A. can a doctor do B. a doctor can do C. can do a doctor D. can a doctor does
21. _____ you met the foreigner from Canada ?
A. Where it was that B. Who it was that C. Where was it that D. Where was that
22. It _____ Mike and Mary who helped the old man several days ago . A. was B. are C. were D. had been
23. It is _____ who ____ going to attend the meeting tomorrow. A. they; is B. I; am C. him; is D. themselves; are
24. Was ____ that I saw last night at the concert?
A. it you C. you
B. not you D. that yourself
25. It is Tom who often _____ me with my English.
A. help C. helps
B. helped D. helping
26. _____ electricity plays an important part in our daily life ?
A. Why was it that B. Why is it that C. Why is it D. Why it is that
? ? ? ? ?
AACAD BDCBB BBBDC ACDBB CABACA