2015-2016 学年第一学期瑞安八校期中联考 高一英语试卷 〖温馨提示〗 1.本卷满分 120 分，共 8 页。考试用时 100 分钟，请合理分配考试时间。 2.所有答案均需在答题卷或答题卡上作答，答在其他地方无效。 卷一 选择题部分（共 90 分）
第一部分：英语知识运用(共两节，满分 40 分) 第一节：单项填空 (共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满
分 20 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出填入空白处的最佳答案，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 1. Hangzhou is ______ most beautiful city, where you can see ______ famous West Lake. A. a; the B. a; a C. the; a D. the; the
2. The girl burst _________ when she got the news that she failed to be admitted into her ideal university. B. into tears D. out laughter
A. out laughing C. into crying
3. There was a time _____ Soapy had to beg from door to door to make himself alive. A. when 4. B. that C. while D. how
Please _______ the numbers and I guess they will _________ more than 2, 000. A. add up; add to C. add up; add up to B. add up to; add up D. add to; add up
5. Though Tony lived ______ on the island, he didn’t feel _____ at all. A. lonely; lonely C. alone; alone B. alone; lonely D. lonely; alone
6. This is the first time that I _______ such beautiful scenery together with you. A. have seen C. had seen B. saw D. see
7. ________ of people learning English in China is increasing rapidly. A. A number of C. A great deal of 8. Everything will change ______ time. B. A lot of D. The number of
9. Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, ______they knew it to be valuable. A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that
10. I prefer _______ at home rather than _______ to the cinema. A. stay; go B. staying; going C. to stay; to go D. to stay; go
11. The disabled people are grateful _____ you ______ your help. A. for; to B. for; for C. to; for D. to; to
12. I ______ my father to give up smoking, but I didn’t succeed. A. persuade C. advised to B. tried to persuade D. persuaded
13. Therefore, every minute should be made full use of _______ English. A. study B. studying C. to study D. studied
14. A new suggestion for pushing sales ____________ at yesterday’s meeting. A. came on B. came over C. came out D. came up
15. We should never ___________ difficulty. A. give up to C. give in B. give in to D. give out
16. It is not what you said but what you did ________ matters. A. which B. whom C. that D. what
17. My teacher told me that the thunder often ________ the lightning. A. follows B. has followed C. followed D. had followed
18. Alice told her father that she _______ her homework the day before. A. had finished B. finished C. finishes D. has finished
19. What I requested was that every homework ________ on time. A. be turned up B. was turned up C. be turned in D. was turned in
20. —People should use public transport instead of private cars. —_____. The roads are too crowded. A. All right B. Go ahead C. Exactly D. Fine
第二节：完型填空 (共 20 小题，每题 1 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，从短文各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项,
并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 Mobile phones are everywhere in big cities. It seems that 21 can survive without one. Mobile phones are a great 22 to stay connected with friends and family. 23 , it is important to remember that there are certain times 24 you should not be using your phone, especially as a student, during school. 25 you are in class, you should not be sending your friends text messages 26 taking phone calls. Your classmates and teachers should not have to deal with this rude 27 . Aren’t you at school to learn? In the United States, students would never be allowed to 28 their mobile phones during class. If you were to send or 29 a text message you would probably be kicked 30 class. It is very disturbing to hear a lot of tones and ringing during 31 . There are many more rules for mobile phone use in America and it is to 32 respect for those around you. As a teacher in China, I have to 33 students using mobile phones every day. I have told my class to 34 their phones, but many students do not listen. The 35 to be connected all the time seems to be more 36 than the desire to learn. It’s easy to understand 37 it is so tempting(诱惑人的) to have your phone on during class. It seems so easy just to send a short text message; it’s not hurting anyone, is it? But you may actually be hurting 38 when you do this. Your teacher knows when you use your phone and may give you a 39 grade. Sending a text message also takes your attention away from what’s going on in class, you may 40 something important. 21. A. one 22. A. way 23. A. But 24. A. which 25. A. After 26. A. or 27. A. act 28. A. have B. somebody B. road B. However B. that B. Before B. and B. action B. take C. someone C. method C. So C. when C. Because C. as well as C. habit C. use D. no one D. path D. Therefore D. where D. If D. instead of D. behavior D. send
29. A. receive 30. A. of 31. A. school 32. A. ask 33. A. do 34. A. turn on 35. A. desire 36. A. possible 37. A. why 38. A. himself 39. A. lower 40. A. forget
B. accept B. off B. class B. suggest B. deal B. turn down B. wish B. important B. what B. herself B. higher B. remember
C. make C. out C. office C. show C. do with C. turn off C. hope C. necessary C. that C. ourselves C. better C. miss
D. get D. out of D. home D. answer D. deal with D. turn in D. expect D. interesting D. whether D. yourself D. upper D. leave
第二部分：阅读理解 (共两节：第一节 20 小题，第二节 5 小题；每小题 2 分，共 50 分) 第一节： 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中，选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该选项涂黑。 A Have you ever felt that you want more friends? Have you found that you don’t know how to make friends? Don’t worry. It’s easier than it looks. Start with small actions. If you’re uncomfortable with long conversations with people, start by just saying “hi” and asking what the person is doing. Even if you do more listening than talking in the beginning, people will usually still like you. When it comes to conversations, remember “F.O.R.”. It stands for family, occupation(职业) and recreation(休闲). You are most likely to be asked about these three topics when you meet someone new. Most people feel comfortable talking about the three topics. The great thing is that you also can communicate with someone new in these three areas. Honesty is the best policy. In friendship, “honesty” is the fundamental quality that one must have. One should always be honest with his or her friends. Don’t laugh at people’s fault. Praise them honestly and openly. Say you are sorry if you hurt your friend. Give more than you take. Be there when they need you, Encourage them; we all need
encouragement now and then. Encourage their dreams. Life seems meaningless without them. Wish your friends good luck. Examine your purpose before you “help out”. Love and never forget them. 41. The author thinks making friends is _________. A. difficult B. easy C. funny D. interesting
42. What can you ask when you meet people? A. How old are you? C. How much do you earn each month? D. What’s your attitude towards politics? 43. What does the underlined word “fundamental” in Paragraph 3 mean? A. Basic. B. Beautiful. C. Comfortable. D. Meaningful. B. What do you do?
44. We can learn from the last paragraph that _________. A. we shouldn’t tell lies to our best friends. B. we should encourage our friends to help others. C. one should help friends try to realize their dreams. D. people might be able to get something when they help others. 45. Which would be the best title for this passage? A. Where to Meet Friends? C. What Is a Friend Indeed? B. How to Make Friends? D. Everyone Needs Friends
B Some people learn a second language easily. Others have trouble learning a new language. How can you help yourself learn a new language, such as English? There are several ways to make learning English a little easier and more interesting. The first step is to feel positive about learning English. If you believe that you can learn, you will learn. Be patient. You do not have to understand everything all at once. It is natural to make mistakes when you learn something new. We can learn from our mistakes. In other words, do not worry about taking risks. The second step is to practice your English. For example, write a diary every day. You will get used to writing it in English, and you will feel comfortable expressing your ideas in English. Several weeks later, you will see that your writing is improving. In addition, you must speak English every day. You can practice with your classmates outside class. You will make mistakes, but gradually you will become comfortable communicating in English.
The third step is to keep a record of your language learning. You can write this in your journal. After each class, think about what you did. Did you answer a question correctly? Did you understand something the teacher explained? Perhaps the lesson was difficult, but you tried to understand it. You must be positive about learning English and believe that you can do it. It is important to practice every day and make a record of your achievements. You will enjoy learning English, and you will feel more confident in yourself. 46. To feel positive about learning English means _________. A. if you are patient, you will learn B. if you keep a record, you can improve C. if you believe you can learn, you will learn D. if you make mistakes, you can learn from your mistakes 47. When you learn English, you do not need to _________. A. understand everything all at once B. practice with your classmates outside class C. write a diary regularly D. feel more confident in yourself 48. According to the passage, what is not helpful for you to enjoy learning English? A. To communicate in English. B. To worry about taking risks. C. To make a record of the achievements. D. To think about what has been done after each class. 49. What does the underlined word “journal” in Paragraph 4 mean? A. Diary. B. Composition. C. Magazine. D. Newspaper.
50. What is the main idea of this passage? A. It is very important to learn a second language. B. Some people learn a second language easily while others do not. C. Don’t worry about making mistakes when learning a second language. D. There are some ways to help you learn a second language more easily.
C If you go into the forest with friends, stay with them. If you don’t, you may get lost. If you get lost, this is what you should do. Sit down and stay where you are. Don’t try to find your friends—let them find you. You can help them find you
by staying in one place. There is another way to help your friends or other people to find you. You can shout or whistle(吹口哨) three times. Stop. Then shout or whistle three times again. Any signal given three times is a call for help. Keep up shouting or whistling. Always three times together. When people hear you, they will know that you are not just making a noise for fun. They will let you know that they have heard your signal. They will give you two shouts or two whistles. When a signal is given twice, it is an answer to a call for help. If you don’t think that you will get help before night comes, try to make a little house with branches(树枝). Make yourself a bed with leaves and grass. When you need some water, you have to leave your little branch house to look for it. Don’t just walk away. Pick off small branches and drop them as you walk in order to go back again easily. When you are lost, the most important thing to do is to stay in one place. 51. If you get lost in the forest, you should _________. A. try to find your friends in no time signals C. walk around the forest 52. Which signal is a call for help? A. Crying twice. C. Whistling everywhere in the forest. D. Shouting or whistling three times together. 53. When you hear two shouts or two whistles, you know that _________. A. someone needs your help C. people will come to help you B. something terrible will happen D. someone is afraid of an animal B. Shouting here and there. D. shout as loudly as possible B. stay in one place and give
54. What’s the meaning of the underlined sentence in the last paragraph? A. Use branches to make a bed. B. Drop branches to look for water. C. Pick off branches to build another house. D. Leave branches to help you find your way back. 55. The main idea of the passage is _________. A. how to travel in the forest B. how to spend the night in the forest C. what you should do if you are lost in the forest D. what you should do if you want to get some water
D What is the hottest topic at your school recently? In Taiyuan No.55 Middle School, it’s money. The school held an activity called “making money” last weekend. About 200 Junior 1 and Junior 2 students were divided into 30 teams. They went out to make money by selling things. What did they choose to sell? Some sold newspapers; some chose bottled water; some sold environmentally friendly shopping bags and bamboo baskets. Hu Qing’s team decided to sell some useful books in front of the Children Activity Center. They thought parents would like to buy the books for their children. But unfortunately, they met urban management officers (城管). The officers asked them to leave. “We played hide-and-seek (捉迷藏) with the officers for the whole morning” said Hu. “Finally we had to give up.” Wang Bing and her team sold ice cream in a square. They didn’t meet any officers. But few people were interested in what they were selling. The team then put up a board saying “For Country Kids”. It worked. More people came to their stall (小摊). A foreigner even gave them 100 yuan. “He didn’t want any change. He said he wanted to help the children,” said Wang. “We were touched.” Later that day they gave the 100 yuan and more to the “Project Hope” office. Meng Zhaoxiang and his team were luckier. They sold all their cakes in four hours, spending 39.5 yuan and getting back 80 yuan. They made 40.5 yuan. “It was not easy to make the money,” said Meng. “Some people just looked. Others just tasted but didn’t buy. Now I know how hard it is for our parents to make the money we need to lead happy lives.” 56. In Taiyuan No.55 Middle School, what the students talk more about is _______. A. the officers C. the activity called “making money” 57. ______ took part in the activity. A. About 200 of Junior 1 and Junior 2 students B. Some teachers B. money D. the money they made last weekend
C. About 200 students of the three grades
D.About200 Junior 1 students
58. Hu Qing’s team finally gave up because ______. A. the parents didn’t like to buy the books B. the Children Activity Center was too crowded C. the officers didn’t allow them to sell anything there D. the team played the game of the hide-and-seek the whole morning 59. Why did more people come to Wang Bing’s stall at last? A. The team put up a magic board. B. A foreigner came up and helped them. C. The people were willing to help country kids. D. The people were interested in their ice cream. 60. According to the passage the students learn ______. A. it’s impossible for them to make money B. it’s not easy for their parents to make money C. it’s very important for them to make a living D. it’s necessary for school to hold more activities in the future 第二节：下列文章中有 5 各段落需要添加句首（第 61~65 题） ；从下列选项（A、B、C、D、E 和 F）中选出适合各段落的句首，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。其中有一项是多余选项。 A. Break it up B. Have a list C. Sleep on it D. Do it out loud E. Create visual aids F. Take small bites of time There Are Many Ways To Help You Improve Your Memory. 61. ____________ Most people memorize information best when they study in short periods over a long period of time. Memorizing facts from index cards(索引卡) that can be carried with you and pulled out for a few ten-minute sessions each day will produce better results than sitting down with a text book for an hour straight. Index card notes
can be pulled out in odd moments: while you are sitting in the car waiting to pick up your friend; during the 15 minutes you spend on the bus in the morning; while you wait to be picked up from school or work, and so on. You’ll find these short but regular practices will greatly help your recall of lots of information. They’re a great way to add more study time to your schedule. 62. ____________ When you have a list to memorize, divide the list into groups of seven or any other number. People seem to remember best when they divide long lists into shorter ones--and, for some reasons, shorter ones that have an odd number of items. So instead of trying to memorize ten vocabulary or spelling words, spilt your list into smaller lists of seven and three, or five and five, to help you remember them. 63. ____________ Give yourself visual assistance in memorizing. If there’s a tricky combination of letters in a word you need to spell, for example, circle or underline it in red or highlight it in the text. Your eye will recall what the word looks like. With some information, you can even draw a map or picture to help you remember. 64. ____________ Give yourself auditory assistance in memorizing. Many people learn best if they hear the information. Sit by yourself in a quiet room and say aloud what you need to learn. Or give your notes to someone else and let that person ask you or quiz you on the material. 65. ____________ When you study right before going to bed and don’t allow any interference-- such as conversation, radio, television, or music---to come between study and sleep, you remember material better. This is especially true if you review first thing after waking as well. A rested and relaxed brain seems to hang on to information better than a tired and stress-out brain. 卷二 非选择题部分（共 30 分）
第三部分：写作（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节：单词填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
66. He looks handsome and gentle, but as a m_____ of fact he is very rude to his wife. 67. One should get a_________ well with his/her friends. 68. In terrible fifteen seconds, the whole city lay in r______. 69. I didn’t r_______ him in the street because he wore a pair of dark glasses . 70. Jack is a r man, that is to say, you can trust him. with my family to Tibet.
71. We had an unforgettable j
72. He is better now, but it took him a long time to r_______ from his illness completely. 73. Last weekend, I o_________ a trip to the Great Wall and everyone had great fun. 74. As a student, I should have an active a__________ to my new school life. 75. After g from college, I worked as a teacher.
第二节：书面表达（满分 20 分） 假如你(李华)的网友 John 即将外出旅行，请你根据以下提示，用英语给他写封电子邮件， 跟他分享你对旅游的看法并提醒他旅行注意事项。 1. 旅游是一种非常好的活动，可以欣赏美景，呼吸新鲜空气，交朋友，放松身心，有益健康。 2. 旅行前的准备。了解天气，带好衣服、相机、常用药品等。 3. 旅行时注意饮食卫生和安全，防止小偷。 要求：1. 行文连贯，不得逐句翻译； 2. 词数：100 词左右； 3.开头已给出，不计入总词数 Dear John, I’m glad to hear that you are going to travel.
Yours, Li Hua