一、 定语的表示方法 1. 形容词： Have a nice trip. There is nothing wrong. 2. 代词： All the children liked that idea. Who are those girls by his side? 3. 数词： There
are seven hundred students in our school. We belong to the third world. 4. 名词及所有格： When are they to hold the press conference? 5. 分词 （短语） ： He did not see the approaching car. They sold stolen goods. 6. 不定式短语： There is no need to worry about it. 7. 介词短语： Who is the girl in blue? 8. 副词： The people there are all very friendly. 9. 词组： She had a bunch of flowers in her hand. 10. 从句：
Is there anything you need ?
■ 在英语里很难找到一个形容词来表达“你需要的”这样的意思，所以用定语从句来满足 这样的表达需要。 二、关系代词的用法 1. who 的用法 1. 06 北京 Women 【________ drink more than two cups of coffee a day】 have a greater chance of having heart disease than 【those _______ don?t】. A who ; \ B \ ; who C who ; who D\;\ 2. 05 北京---- Why does she always ask you for help? ---- There is no one else 【_____________】, is there? A who to turn to B she can turn to C for whom to turn D for her to turn 3. Bill Gates, the emperor of the Microsoft world, 【_________ is said to be worth ＄59.2 billon, has been the world?s wealthiest man for the last 13 years】.
A where B which C who D whom 4. According to the Guinness book of World Records, the oldest man in the world 【______ now lives in Japan】 is 111 years old. A where B when C who D which 2. which 的用法 【规律】 ：在定语从句中，尤其是在非限制性定语从句中，如果先行词是物或事，一般用 which 或 that,但在非限制性定语从句中不用 that ; 在并列句，简单句和其它从句中一般用 人称代词和指示代词。 09 全国二 【定语从句】My friend showed me round the town, 【________ was very kind of him】. A which B that C where D it 【比较】 【并列句】My friend showed me round the town, and ________ was very kind of him. A which B that C where D it 【形态】______________________, and / or / but / yet / so …__________________________. 【并列句】My friend showed me round the town; ________ was very kind of him. A which B that C where D it 【形态】______________________________________;_______________________________. 【间单句】My friend showed me round the town. ________ was very kind of him. A Which B That C Where D It 【形态】 __________________________________. ___________________________________. 2.1. which 在从句中作主语（先行词可以是前面一个句子/句子的一部分/句子里面的一个单 词） 5. 09 山东 Whenever I met her, 【_______ was fairly often】, she greeted me with a sweet smile. A who B which C when D that 6. 07 上海 His movie won several awards at the film festival, 【_________ was beyond his wildest dream】. A which B that C where D it 7. 07 湖南 By serving others, a person focuses on someone other than himself or herself, 【______ can be very eye-opening and rewarding】. A who B which C what D that 8. 09 石家庄毕业班教学质量检测 The opening ceremony is to be held in the lecture hall this afternoon, 【________ can seat 400 people】. A where B when C that D which 9. 09 重庆联合诊断 He is confident, 【_______ in my opinion, is most important in society】. A how B that C what D which 10. 09 烟台质检 Most of the roads were covered with thick snow, 【_______ made our journey more difficult】. A one B it C which D that 11. 08 石家庄毕业质检 I prefer a farm house 【_______ comes with a garden to a flat in the city】.
A where B which C there D when 12. 07 海淀期中 Early in the 1990s no one had any idea that Jk Rowling had come up with the story of Harry Potter, 【________ later became a best seller】. A what B who C whom D which 13. 07 浙江 Chan?s restaurant on Baker Street, 【___________ used to be poorly run, is now a successful business】. A that B which C who D where 14. 06 上海 In an hour, we can travel to places 【_________ would have taken our ancestors days to reach】. A where B when C which D what 15. 06 江苏 The owner of the cinema needed to make a lot of improvements and employ more people to keep it running, 【________ meant spending tens of thousands of pounds】. A who B that c as which 16. 06 上海春 You can find whatever you need at the shopping centre, 【_________ is always busy at the weekend】. A that B where C what D which 17. 05 浙江 Jim passed the driving test, 【_________ surprised everybody in the office】. A which B that C this D it 18. 2000 全国 Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play, 【_______ of course, made others unhappy】. A who B which C this D what 2.2. which 作动词宾语 19. 09 辽宁 They have won their last three matches,【_________ I find a bit surprising actually】 . A that B when C what D which 20. 08 浙江 Yesterday she sold her car, 【_________ she bought a month ago】. A when B where C that D which 21. 08 江苏 The science Museum, 【________ we visited during a recent trip to Britain】 is one of , London?s tourist attractions. A which B what C that D where 22. 09 湖南十校联考 Anyway, that evening, 【__________ I will tell you more about later, I ended up staying at Rachel?s place】. A when B where C what D which 23. 08 皖南八校联考 The discovery was made quite by accident, 【__________ we hadn?t expected】. A what B that C which D it 24. 07 湖北部分重点中学联考 I tried to get out of the business,【________ I found impossible】 . A when B what C that D which 07 南通九校联考 25. Mr. White will come to the party on Sunday, 【________ he promised to every one of us】. A when B that C what D which 2.3 which 作介词宾语 2.3.1 介词 + which + to do sth
26. 05 湖南 Frank?s dream was to have his own shop 【____________ to produce the workings of his own hands】. A that B in which C by which D how ≈to produce the workings of his own hands in his own shop → 【课文原句：高二下第 93 页第二段】 The next step would be to build a machine 【in which to apply that great discovery】. ≈ to apply that great discovery in the machine → 【课文原句：高二下第 139 页】 Try to persuade him that there are other ways 【in which to pay back your debt to Shylock】. ≈ to pay back your debt to Shylock in other ways → Newer teachers need to concentrate their focus on their students? comprehension as the 【yardstick by which to measure their own speaking style in the classroom】.【How to Teach English, 第二页， 外语教学与研究出版社，2000 年 8 月出版】 ≈ to measure their own speaking style in the classroom by the yardstick → Allow me half an hour 【in which to wash the clothes】. ≈ to wash the clothes in the half an hour → He had no pretext 【on which to break his promise】. ≈ to break his promise on the pretext → He has a knife 【with which to defend himself】. ≈ to defend himself with a knife. → The poor man has no house 【in which to live】. ≈ to live in no house → The beggar has no money 【with which to buy food】. ≈ to buy food with no money 2.3.2 介词 + which 的用法（ 【比较】 【whom 作介词宾语的用法】介词 + whom 的用法 第 七页） 27. 09 全国一 She brought with her three friends, 【none of _______ I had ever met before】. A them B who C whom D these 28. 08 四川 For many cities in the world, there is no room to spread out further,【_________ New York is an example】. A for which B in which C of which D from which 29. 08 湖南 The growing speed of a plant is influenced by a number of factors, 【_________ are beyond our control】. A most of them B most of which C most of what D most of that 30. 07 四川 It is reported that two schools, 【__________ are being built in my hometown, will open next year】. A they both B which both C both of them D both of which 31. 06 浙江 I was given three books on cooking, 【the first _________ I really enjoyed】. A of that B of which C that D which 32. 09 江西九所重点中学联考 Zunhua is one of the famous tourism destinations, 【________ lies Dongling, a group of the Qing Imperial Tombs】. A 20 miles northwest of it B 20 miles northwest of which C northwest 20 miles to it D northwest 20 miles of which
33. 08 日照模拟 After the adjustment of national holidays, many people put up Internet mails, 【90 percent _________ voiced support】. A of which B of whom C of them D among them 34. 09 南京调研 He wrote a lot of novels, 【none of _______ was translated into a foreign language】. A them B what C that D which 35. 08 东城区教学检测 A huge number of oil was spilt on the road, 【the effect of ______ are still being left】. A it B that C which D whom 36. 08 福建 By nine o?clock, all the Olympic torch bearers had reached the top of Mount Qomolangma, 【________ appeared a rare rainbow soon】. A of which B on which C from which D above which 37. 07 重庆 Human facial expressions differ from those of animals in the degree 【____________ they can be controlled on purpose】. A with which B to which C of which D for which 38. 07 辽宁 Eric received training in computer for one year, 【_____ he found a job in a big company】. A after that B after which C after which D after this 39. 06 陕西 She was educated at Beijing University, 【___________ she went on to have her advanced study abroad】. A after which B after that C from that D from which 40. 09 苏锡常镇四市教学调查 It is not an idea 【_________ the community can unite】. On the contrary, I see it as one that will divide us. A that B which C around that D around which 41. 09 龙岩毕业班质检 At 13, Samuel received a training course in drawing for three years, 【__________ he got a good opportunity for further development】. A after that B after which C after it D after this 42. 09 福建毕业班质检 I came from a small town, 【___________ flows a branch of the Min River】. A over which B from which C on which D through which 43. 07 黄冈中学、襄樊五中联考 Tomorrow would be Christmas Day, and she had only ＄1.87 【_________】. A with which to buy a present to Jim B by which to buy Jim a present C with which she could buy a present for Jim D in which she could buy Jim a present 44. 07 湖南十所示范性高中联考 Patience, 【without _________ you can not do the work well】 , is a kind of quality. A that B it C which D what 45. 07 南昌调研 A strange girl entered the room and related to me a story of her own, 【_________ I suspected the truth】. A with which B for which C of which D at which 46. ------ Wow. You speak Chinese so well! Where did you pick it up? ------ It was in the school【 _________ you paid a visit yesterday】. A which B that C to which D to where 47. In our city there are several big public parks 【_________ many people can go to enjoy the
beautiful scenery】. A to which B at which C from which D in which 48. 09 陕西 Gun control is a subject 【__________ Americans have argued for a long time】. A of which B with which C about which D into which 49. 08 郑州毕业质检 The music drama, 【______ the pop singer Sha Baoliang stars】, comes from the story of the “Butterfly Lovers”. A which B of which C who D in which 50. 06 重庆 I saw a woman running towards me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction 【________ she had come】. A of which B by which C in which D from which 51. 05 江 苏 The place 【 _________ the bridge was supposed to be built 】 should be （_________ the cross-river traffic in the heaviest）. A which ; where B at which : which C at which ; where D which ; in which 52. 05 广东 Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remember scenes 【__________ people were eaten by the tiger】. A in which B by which C which D that (E where) → 【比较： 高一上第五单元第 31 页第三段最后一句】 Many people who saw the film were afraid to swim in the sea when they remembered the scene 【in which people were eaten by the shark】. 53. 04 全国二 The English play 【__________ my students acted at the New Year?s party 】was a great success. A for which B at which C in which D on which 54. 05 江西 The schools themselves admit that not all children will be successful in the jobs 【 ______ they are being trained】. A in that B for that C in which D for which → 【高三课本 166 页第 4 段第 7 行】 Foreign settlers started to arrive in the 18th century, bringing with them new diseases which killed many Kooris and seizing the land 【on which the Kooris had lived for thousands of years】. → 【高三课本 190 页第 2 段第 5 行】 Hope asked him what he was talking about, 【to which Chris answered that the key in his heart, called Promise, could open any lock in Doubting Castle】. → 【高三课本 218 页】 He wrote more than 30 books in English, 【of which My County and My People was the most popular】. → 【高三课本 96 页第 2 题第 8 行】 Failing to communicate his or her view will lead to misunderstanding about the direction 【in which the team should develop】. → 【高二课本 138 页】 Can?t we give you something small 【by which you can remember us】? 2.4. which 做表语 55. 05 湖北 Her sister has become a lawyer, 【__________ she wanted to be】. A who B that C what D which 2.5. which 作定语
56. 05 重庆 Mark was a student at this university from 1999 to 2003, 【__________ he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students? Union】. A during which time B for which time C during whose time D by that time 57. 08 南通调研 She may have missed the train, 【________ she won?t arrive for another hour】. A in which case B in her case C in any case D in that case 58. The expedition set off for the destination at 7 sharp in the morning, 【by _______ time the rain had stopped】. A whose B that C what D which → He may be late, 【in which case we ought to wait for him】. → Chaplin went to the States in 1910, 【by which time he had learnt to dance and act in comedies】. → He lost his temper, 【at which point I decided to go home】. → His son insisted on joining the army, 【in which case he had to give in】. 3. whom 的用法 【规律】 ：在定语从句中，尤其是在非限制性定语从句中，如果先行词是人，一般用 whom; 在并列句，简单句和其它从句中一般用人称代词和指示代词。 59. 07 北京 【定语从句】We should not spend our money testing so many people, 【most of ________ are healthy】. A that B which C what D whom 【比较】 【并列句】We should not spend our money testing so many people, and most of ________ are healthy. A that B them C what D whom 【形态】_____________________, and / or / but / yet / so …__________________________. 【并列句】 should not spend our money testing so many people; most of ________ are healthy. We A that B them C what D whom 【形态】____________________________________;_______________________________. 【间单句】We should not spend our money testing so many people. Most of ________ are healthy. A that B them C what D whom 【形态】 _______________________________. ___________________________________. 3.1 介词+whom 的用法 60. 07 安徽 Last week, only two people came to look at the house, 【_________ wanted to buy it】. A. none of them B. both of them C. none of whom D. neither of whom 61. 2002 上海 Alec asked the policeman 【_________ he worked to contact him whenever there was an accident】. A with him B who C with whom D whom 62. 05 全国一 I have many friends, 【________ some are businessman】. A of them B from which C who of D of whom
■ 介词 + which 的用法和介词+whom 的用法可以总结为以下一些句型，其中【】部分为 定语从句： The north Island is famous for an area of hot spring, some of which throw hot water high into the air. ____________________________________, 【some of which / whom ____________________】 . ___________________________________, 【any of which / whom ______________________】 . ____________________________________, 【few of which / whom _____________________】 ___________________________________, 【several of which / whom____________________】 ___________________________________,【many of which/whom_______________________】 ___________________________________, 【most of which /whom_______________________】 ___________________________________, 【all of which /whom________________________】 ___________________________________, 【both of which / whom _____________________】 ___________________________________, 【neither of which / whom ___________________】 ____________________________________, 【each of which / whom _____________________】 ____________________________________, 【enough of which / whom ___________________】 ____________________________________________, 【half of which / whom _____________】 ___________________________________________, 【one of which / whom ______________】 ___________________________________________, 【20﹪of which / whom ______________】 _________________________________________, 【of which/whom__________is an example】 . 4. 定语从句 that 和名词性从句 what 63. 07 安徽 You can only be sure of ____【_____ you have at present】; you cannot be sure of something 【_______ you might get in the future】. A that / what B what / \ C which / that D \ / that 64. 07 上海春 The thought of going back was ____【____ kept him happy while he was working abroad】. A that B all that C all what D which 65. To protect the environment, ____ 【___ we common people can do is to cut back on the amount of energy we use every day】. A whichever B all that C no matter what D everything what 【试比较】what 在名词性从句中的用法 公式：what = something that / the things that / the thing that what = the speed that / the places that / the place that what = 名词 + that 1. 2009 江苏 Many young people in the West are expected to leave ____ could be life?s most important decision – marriage – almost entirely up to luck. A as B that C which D what = something that 2. 2008 福建 ____ is known to us all is that the 2008 Olympic Games will take place in Beijing. A It B What = something that C As D Which 3. 2008 山东 ___ was most important to her, she told me, was her family. A It B This C What = something that D As 4. 2007 陕西 _____ patents say and do has a life-long effect on their children.
A That B Which C What = something that D As 5. 2006 辽宁 ____ makes this shop different is that it offers more personal service. A What = something that B Who C Whatever D Whoever 6. 2005 山东 The shopkeepers did not want to sell for _____ he thought was not enough. A where B how C what = something that D whoever 7. 2008 北京 The computers are working together to create ___ they hope will be the best means of transport in the 21st century. A which B that C what = something that D who 8. 2008 湖南 When asked ___ they need most, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved. A what = something that B why C whom D which 9. 2008 重庆 People in Chongqing are proud of __ they have achieved in the past ten years. A that B which C what = something that D how 10. 2008 浙江 Some children want to challenge themselves by learning a language different from ___ their parents speak at home. A what = something that B that C how D where 11. 2007 天津 The seaside here draws a lot of tourists every summer. Warm sunshine and soft sands make ___ it is. A what = something that B which C how D where 12. 2007 江苏 Choosing the right dictionary depends on ___ you want to use it for. A what = something that B why C how D whether 13. 2006 北京 –-- Could you do me a favor ? --- It depends on ____ it is. A which B whichever C what = something that D whatever 14. 2006 全国二 ----- What did your parents think about your decision? ---- They always let me do ___ I think I should. A when B that C how D what = something that 15. 2007 安徽 You can only be sure of ____ you have at present; you can not be sure of something ____ you might get in the future. A that / what B what = something that / \ C which / that D \ / that 16. 2006 全国 一 See the flag on top of the building ? That is ____ we did this morning. A when B which C where D what = something that 17. 04 上海 The other day, my brother drove his car down the street at __________ I thought was a dangerous speed. A as B which C what = the speed that D that 18. 2008 湖南师大附中高三 3 月月考 They got to _________ was once an old temple ___________ the local people used as a store. A what = the place that; that B where; which C where; that D which; where 以上试题中的 what 一旦用 something that 替换以后就完全变成定语从句 (【】部分为定语 从句)： 1. 2009 江苏 Many young people in the West are expected to leave something 【that could be life?s most important decision – marriage – 】almost entirely up to luck. 2. 2008 福建 Something 【that is known to us all】 is that the 2008 Olympic Games will take
place in Beijing. 3. 2008 山东 Something 【that was most important to her】, she told me, was her family. 4. 2007 陕西 Something 【that patents say and do】 has a life-long effect on their children. 5. 2006 辽宁 Something 【that makes this shop different】 is that it offers more personal service. 6. 2005 山东 The shopkeepers did not want to sell for something 【that he thought was not enough】. 7. 2008 北京 The computers are working together to create something 【that they hope will be the best means of transport in the 21st century.】 8. 2008 湖南 When (the kids were) asked something 【that they need most】, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved. 9. 2008 重庆 People in Chongqing are proud of something 【that they have achieved in the past ten years】. 10. 2008 浙江 Some children want to challenge themselves by learning a language different from something 【that their parents speak at home】. 11. 2007 天津 The seaside here draws a lot of tourists every summer. Warm sunshine and soft sands make something 【that it is】. 12. 2007 江苏 Choosing the right dictionary depends on something 【that you want to use it for】. 13. 2006 北京 – Could you do me a favor ? - It depends on something 【that it is】. 14. 2006 全国二 ---- What did your parents think about your decision? ---- They always let me do something 【that I think I should】. 15. 2007 安徽 You can only be sure of something 【that you have at present】; you can not be sure of something 【that you might get in the future】. 16. 2006 全国 一 See the flag on top of the building ? That is something 【that we did this morning】. 17. 04 上海 The other day, my brother drove his car down the street at the speed 【that I thought was a dangerous speed】. 18. 2008 湖南师大附中高三 3 月月考 They got to the place 【that was once an old temple】 that 【the local people used as a store】. A what = the place that; that B where; which C where; that D which; where 5. as 的用法 5.1 as 引导限制性定语从句的用法 5.1.1 such … as【as 为关系代词】 的用法 66. 2008 镇江调研 Mr. Zhang is such a considerate person 【_______ all his colleagues like to work with】. A that B so C which D as 67. 08 福建质检 Mount Wuyi is such an attractive place of interest 【________ everyone likes to visit】. A that B as C which D what → Such people【as were recommended by him 】were reliable. → Such books 【as I have read】 are classical works. → I have never seen such a talented young man 【as he is】.
68. Let students read such books 【________ will make them better and wiser】. A which B that C as D what 69. Do not trust such man 【________ praise you to your face】. A that B as C that D what → I love such people 【as love me】 = I love the people who love me. → Such students 【as are lazy】 will not pass the coming test.= The students who are lazy will not pass the coming test. → Read such books 【as are interesting】. = Read only the books that are interesting. → This is such an easy book 【as beginners can understand】. = This is an easy book that beginners can understand. 【比较】 → This is such an easy book that beginners can understand it. = This book is so easy that beginners can understand it. → You should read only such books 【as you can understand easily】. → There is no such places 【as you dream of】 in all this world. → There is no such country in the world 【as the one you have told us about】. 【比较】 70. This book is written in such easy English _______ even she can understand it. 【状语从句】 A that B as C which D what 71. This book is written in such easy English 【________ even she can understand】. 【定语从 句】 A that B as C which D what → such … as 引导定语从句， such … that 引导结果状语从句。 5.1.2 【比较】 72. This is the same pen 【______ I have lost】 Wow, you are a thief. It is you who have stolen my pen. A as B that C what D which 73. Wow, this pen is so beautiful. Where did you buy it? Look! It is the same 【______ I have lost】. A as B that C what D which →the same as 表同类；the same that 表同一物。 74. I have bought the same dress _________ she is wearing. A as B that C which D than 5.1.3 as … as 【第二个 as 为关系代词】 结构在定语从句中的运用 As much money 【as is necessary】 must be collected. I will lend you as much money 【as you need】. = I will lend you all the money that you need. As many people 【as took part in the fighting】 were killed. = All the people that took part in the fighting were killed. 5.2 as 引导非限制性定语从句的用法 （ 【】部分为定语从句） 下面是常见的 as 引导的结构，可位于句首，句中，句尾。
【As is known】, _________________________________________ 众所周知 【As is well-known】, _____________________________________众所周知 【As is often the case】, ___________________________________ 情况常常如此 【As may be imagined】, __________________________________ 可以想象得出 【As often happens】, _____________________________________ 这种情况常常发生 【As has been said before】, ________________________________ 如前所述 【As has been pointed out】, ________________________________ 正如已经指出的 【As will be shown in …】__________________________________ 将在…中指出/表明 【As is hoped】, __________________________________________ 正如…所希望 【As is usual with sb】, _____________________________________ （某人）经常如此 【As is natural】, __________________________________________ 很自然 【As is supposed】, ________________________________________ 如所料想的 【As is anticipated】, _______________________________________ 如所预料的 【As is the custom with …】, _________________________________ 习惯如此 【As is my duty】, __________________________________________ … 是我的义务/职责 【As is said about】, ___________________________________________正如所说到的一样 【As is shown】, ______________________________________________正如所展示的一样 【As may be expected】, _____________________________________如所料想的 【As often happens】, _________________________________________像常所发生的一样 【As is given】, _______________________________________________像所给的东西一样 【As we have seen】, __________________________________________像我们看到的一样 【As many could see】, ______________________________________ 正如大家都能看到 【As you observe】, _____________________________________________像你观察的一样 【As he pointed out】, ____________________________________________像他所指出的一样 【As we all can see】, _______________________________________像我们都能看到的一样 【As anybody can see】, ______________________________________像任何人所看到的一样 以上结构中， As 代替逗号后面整个句子 75. 05 浙江【_____________ I explained on the phone】, your request will be considered at the next meeting. A When B After C As D Since 76. 04 江苏 【_________ is often the case】, we have worked out the production plan. A Which B When C What D As 77. 06 天津 The Beatles, 【__________ many of you are old enough to remember】, came form Liverpool. A what B that C how D as 78. 09 合肥教学检测 【________ is often the case with elder people】, my grandma talked about my new hairstyle for at least 50 minutes nonstop. A That B Which C As D It 79. 08 西城区 The moon travels round the earth once every month, 【_________ is known to everybody】. A it B as C that D what 80. He must be from Africa, _______ can be seen from his skin.
6. 关系代词语 than 的用法 对于该词语的用法在学术界存在争议，有的学者认为在带有比较级的句子中， “than” 可 以作代词，兼有连词和代词的性质，但有的学者认为这种用法的“than” 是连词，后省略 了主语 what. To compensate for his unpleasant experiences in hospital, the man drank a little more 【than was good for him】. 【 《新概念英语》 第三册第 29 课第 20 行原句】 = To compensate for his unpleasant experiences in hospital, the man drank a little more 【than what was good for him】. = To compensate for his unpleasant experiences in hospital, the man drank a little more 【than something that was good for him】. The boy has eaten more food 【than (what) was good for him】. Never give him more money 【than (what) is necessary】. That evening he drank more beer 【than (what) had been his custom】. There are more demands 【than (what) can be satisfied)】. The house was more beautifully decorated 【than (what) suited his taste】. The question is more complicated 【than (what) appears to on the surface】. He did more 【than (what) was required of him】. 【以上句子里的 what 可以用 something that 来替换】 7．关系代词 not…but【but 为关系代词】的用法 There is no child 【but likes candy】. There is no mother 【but lovers her children】. There was not one house 【but (which was not ) burnt down】. Not a day went by 【but (which did not ) brought us good news】. 8. 关系形容词 whose 的用法 （之所以称之为关系形容词，是因为 whose 后面要跟名词） 8.1 【比较】 81. 08 陕西【定语从句】The man pulled out a gold watch, 【______ were made of small diamonds】. A the hands of whom B whom the hands C which the hands of D the hands of which = 【并列句】The man pulled out a gold watch, and the watch?s hands were made of small diamonds. （说明：一般情况无生命的名词后不接名词所有格，但这里是为了方便理解才这 样用，这里的用法是不准确的） = 【并列句】 The man pulled out a gold watch, and the watch’s hands were made of small diamonds. = 【并列句】The man pulled out a gold watch; the watch’s hands were made of small diamonds. = 【间单句】The man pulled out a gold watch. The watch’s hands were made of small diamonds. = 【定语从句】 The man pulled out a gold watch, the hands of which were made of small diamonds. = 【定语从句】 The man pulled out a gold watch, of which the hands were made of small diamonds. = 【并列句】
The man pulled out a gold watch, and the hands of the watch were made of small diamonds. = 【并列句】 The man pulled out a gold watch; the hands of the watch were made of small diamonds. = 【间单句】 The man pulled out a gold watch. The hands of the watch were made of small diamonds. 【公式】whose + 名词 = the+名词+of which = of which +t he +名词 【注意】以上公式里的 the 不能省略。 82. 07 南京质量调研 A survey was carried out on the death rate of newborn babies in that area, 【_____________ was surprising】. A as results B which result C the result of it D the result of which 83. Computer scientists have developed an artificial intelligence system, 【with ________ help, non-manned helicopters can teach themselves to fly to difficult stunts by watching other helicopters perform the same maneuvers (动作)】 。 A whose B which C its D that 84. 09 湖南 I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a city【 ______ name will create a picture of beautiful trees and green grass in our mind】. A which B of which C that D whose 85. 09 天津 A person【 _______ e-mail account is full】 won?t be able to send or receive any e-mails. A who B whom C whose D whoever 86. 09 安徽 Many children, 【________ parents are away working in big cities】, are taken good care of in the village. A their B whose C of them D with whom 87. 06 福建 Look out! Don?t get too close to the house 【_______ roof is under repair】. A whose B which C of which D that (E of which the) 88. Obama promised in the presidential race to lower the tax rate for those 【________ annual income is below ＄250 000】. A which B that C whose D their 89. 2004 北京 George Orwell, 【_________ was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays】. A the real name B what his real name C his real name D whose real name 【课文原句：高二下第 139 页】 → The Merchant of Venice is one of the greatest plays by Shakespeare, 【whose greatness as a writer is unquestioned】. 8.2 介词+whose + 名词【whose + 名词相当于一个名词短语】 90. 05 天津 Last month, part of Southeast Asia was struck by floods, 【from ________ effects the people are still suffering】. A that B whose C those D what 91. 09 湖南十校联考 In the flats Tom was the only man 【from _______ bedroom the thief had stolen much money】. A whose B whom C who D where
92. 07 西安质检 The people, 【__________ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross】. A all whose homes B all their homes C all of their homes D all of whose homes 93. 07 重庆联合诊断 “I would like to give my thanks to those 【_________ help my son will be able to survive his terrible disease】”, said the woman on TV. A who B that C with whose D with their 94. 2008 年济宁市摸底考试 She had two brothers and a sister, ________________ faces she could remember, because they had died when she was very young. A none of whose B none of whom C neither of whose D all of whose 三、关系副词的用法 1. where 的用法 95. 09 北京 ---- What do you think of teaching, Bob? ---- I find it fun and challenging. It is a job 【_____ you are doing something serious but interesting】. A. where B. which C. when D that 【高二下，第 22 页练习二】 Maybe you shall find another job 【where the people are friendly】. 96. 09 浙江 I have reached a point in my life【 _______ I am supposed to make decisions of my own】. A which B where C how D why 97. 07 江西 After graduation she reached a point in her career【 _________ she needed to decide what to do】. A that B what C which D where 98. 08 启东中学考试 He has reached a point 【__________ nothing seems to matter any more】 . A where B that C when D which 99. 2007 年石家庄市质量检测二 Perhaps that is the only point 【_________ I completely agree】. A that B which C with which D where 100. 08 成都毕业班诊断 After graduating from high school, you will reach a point in your life 【______ you need to decide what to do】. A that B what C which D where 101. 【比较】2006 江西 A: Do you have anything to say for yourselves? B: Yes, there is one point 【_______________ we must insist on】. A why B where C how D 不填 102. 06 山东 We are just trying to reach a point 【_________ both sides will sit down together and talk】. 【 《麦克米伦高阶英汉双解词典》 （2005 年 10 月 1 日，外语教学与研究出版社出 版）第 1596 页 ?point? 词条第三个意思原句】 A where B that C when D which → 【比较：高三课本第 166 页第三段第二行】 Dreamtime is often said to mean “the time before time”, or the point 【when all things were created】. 103. 09 重庆 Life is like a long race 【_______ we compete with others to go beyond ourselves】. A why B what C that D where
104. 08 北京 I will give you my friend?s home address, 【__________ I can be reached most evenings】. A. which B when D whom D where 105. 08 安徽 All the neighbors admire this family【 _______ the parents are treating their child like a friend】. A why B where C which D that 106. 08 江西 Late in this chapter cases will be introduced to readers 【______ consumer complaints have resulted in changes in the law】. A where B when C who D which 107. 09 南昌调研 Have you ever had a case 【_____________ someone accused your journalists of going the wrong end of the stick】? A that B which C where D when 108. There is a Wall Street financial crisis case 【___________ the stock price has reduced to 45 percent, causing people to be __________】. A that / with a loss B where / at a loss C that / in a loss D where / on a loss 109. 07 陕西 Today, we will discuss a number of cases 【________ beginners of English fail to use the language properly】. A which B as C why D where 110. 07 全国一 Some preschool children go to a day care center, 【________ they learn simple games and songs】. A then B there C while D where 111. 09 潍坊教学检测 English Online.com is a free site 【_______ visitors can not just learn the English language but also chat online】. A where B which C that D what 112. 08 金华十校联考 Want to buy something online? Try to surf such websites as Ebay, Amazon and Wal-Mart,【 __________ people can sell goods to each other】. A that B which C where D when → 【课本原句：高二下第 39 页第一段】 Most hotels have websites 【where you can view rooms and rates and find answers to your questions】. 113. 09 江南十校测试 Could it be in the restaurant 【___________ you had dinner with me yesterday _____ you lost your handbag】? A that / which B which / that C where / that D that / where 114. 07 山东 ---- Where did you get to know her? ---- It was on the farm 【_________ we worked】. A what B there C which D where 115. 08 潍坊教学检测 Take an active part in sports or other activities you enjoy【 __________ you can meet various kinds of people】. A what B when C that D where 【比较：高三课本第 83 页】 → Are you a member of any club or taking part in activities 【that help you practice your English】. 116. 08 南京质量调研 Bungee jumping is an adventure sport, popular with young adults, 【___________ courage matters more than strength】.
A whose B that C of which D where 117. 【比较】Bungee jumping is an adventure sport, 【___________ you like most】. A whose B that C of which D where 118. 09 福建 It is helpful to put children in a situation 【________ they can see themselves differently】. A that B when C which D where → 【比较：高三课本第 11 页 speaking directions】 In their work, scientists meet with situations【 about which they have to make decisions】. 119. 09 苏锡常镇四市教学调查 I feel uncomfortable each time I remember the situation 【________ Mary did not agree with me _______ the matter】 A that / at B in which / over C which / about D where / to 120. Faced with the financial crisis, it is of importance for the government to create a new economic system 【__________ market can perform properly】. A that B when C which D where 121. 08 重庆 They will fly to Washington, 【________ they plan to stay for two or three days】. A where B there C which D when 122. 07 福建 The village has developed a lot 【__________ we learned farming two years ago】. A when B which C that D where 123. 05 上海 If a shop has chairs 【_________ women can park their men】, women will spend more time in the shop. A that B which C when D where 124. 05 辽宁 I walked in our garden, 【_________ Tom and Jim were tying a big sing onto one of the trees】. A which B when C where D that 125. 05 福建 A: Is that the small town you often refer to? B: Right, just the one 【_________ you know I used to work for years】. A that B which C where D what 126. 05 广东 Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remember scenes 【__________ people were eaten by the tiger】. A in which B by which C which D that (E where ) →【高三课本第 60 页第 2 大题第 2 小题】 A medical team rushed to the scene of the disaster 【where hospitals were in want of doctors and nurses】. 127. 04 全国二 The English play 【__________ my students acted at the New Year?s party was a great success】. A for which B at which C in which D on which (E where ) 128. 2004 全国三 There were dirty marks on her trousers 【__________ she had wiped her hands】. A where B which C when D that 129. 2004 湖南 I work in a business 【________ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance】 . A how B which C where D that 130. 2002 北京 We will be shown around the city: schools, museums and other places, 【_________ other visitors seldom go】. A what B which C where D when
→【高二课本第 66 页 speaking paragraph one】 It sometimes happens that some people are in a position 【where they can make an important decision about a person they hate】. →【高三课本第 167 页第三段】 1. The country is now heading for a future 【where cultural diversity is appreciated and celebrated】. 2. Working together as one people, Kooris and other Australians hope to heal the wounds of history and build a society 【where all members are truly equal】. →【高三课本第 103 页第 4 段】 To solve this, Australia uses “distance learning” methods, 【where the students have lessons by two –way radio and mail】. →【高三课本第 121 页第 3 段】 It was also apparent that the wagging dance, 【where the bee moved sideways, sent another message about the feeding place】. →【2008 年高考四川卷阅读理解 D 篇原句】 Scientists have tested sleep habits in experiments 【where there was no night or day】. 131. 2008 年郑州二次质检 In experiments 【___________ young teens are allowed to sleep as long as they want】, they tend to sleep an average of 9 hours. A that B which C where D what 【2008 年高考辽宁卷阅读理解 C 篇原句】 Instead, schools should have a special unit 【where a child who has done wrong goes for the day and gets advice about his problems somewhere】. 2. when 的用法 132. 09 四川 She will never forget her stay there 【___________ she found her son who had gone missing two years before】. A that B which C where D when 133. 08 山东 Occasions are quite rare _________ I have the time to spend a day with my kids】 【 . A who B which C why D when →【高三课本 94 页第 4 段第 2 行】 Roles of team members are few occasions 【when members are confused or uncertain of their roles】. 134. 09 南京调研 Everyone has periods in their lives【 ________ everything seems very hard】. A when B where C which D that 135. 【比较】 08 上海 We went through a period 【__________ communication were very difficult in the rural areas】. A which B whose C in which D with which （E when） 136. 07 东城区教学质检 A： you remember the time 【_________ we worked together on the Did farm】? B：Certainly. Especially the hard time 【________ we spend together】. A which / when B when / which C when / when D which / which 137. 04 湖北 There was ______ time 【________ I hated to go to school】. A a ; that B a ; when C the ; that D the ; when 138. 2001 全国 The film brought the hours back to me 【___________ I was taken good care of
in that far-away village】. A until B that C when D where 139. 09 江苏 Because of the financial crisis, days are gone【_________ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night】. A if B when C which D since 140. 07 石家庄毕业教学质检 That unforgettable ball was the last happy moment 【_______ I enjoyed myself】. A when B that C which D where 四、 定语从句需要注意的一些问题 1. reason 141. 石家庄毕业质检 Is this the reason 【__________ she explained in the report】 for her success in the job? A what B that C how D why 142. Is this the reason 【_____ she explained her being late】. A what B that C how D why →【课文原句：高二下第 139 页】 If you tell him the reason 【why you need the money】, I am sure he will understand --- he is a reasonable man. 2. way 的用法 I don?t understand the way 【in which they worked out the problem】. = I don?t understand the way 【that they worked out the problem】. = I don?t understand the way 【they worked out the problem】. The way 【that he explained to us】 was quite simple. = The way 【which he explained to us】 was quite simple. = The way 【he explained to us was】 quite simple. 143. 04 湖北 What surprised me was not what he said but _____【_____ he said it】. A the way B in the way that C in the way D the way which 【高二课本 138 页】 Contracts, agreements and promises are all ways【in which we bind ourselves to other people】. 3. when 和 where 有时可以用作关系代词引导定语从句 144. 07 山东 The book was written in 1946, 【__________ the education system has witnessed great changes】. A when B during which C since then D since when 145. China is the birth if kites, 【_________ kite flying spread to Japan, Korea, Thailand and India】. A from that B from here C from there D from where 【课文原句：高一上课本第 3 页第四段】 But in the world of children and the world 【where ET comes from】 love and friendship are the most important things in life. → She stood near the north window, 【from where(= through which) 】she could see the whole garden.
→ His head soon appeared out of one of the story windows, 【from where he could see nothing but trees】. → He climbed up to the top of the temple, 【from where (= from the top of …) 】he could see nothing but trees. → That is the place【 from where the river branches out】. 4. 有时带定语从句的疑问句会把先行词和关系词一并挖除，增加难度，在解决这类问题时 如果把疑问句还原为陈述语序，则难度降低。 【比较】 146. Is this museum ____【_____ some German friends visited the day before yesterday】？ A which B that C where D. the one → This museum is ___________ some German friends visited the day before yesterday. 147. Is this the museum 【_________ you visited the other day】? A that B where C in which D the one → This is the museum __________ you visited the other day.