西北农林科大附中 2015—2016 学年第一学期期中考试试题（卷） 高一英语 命题人：张秋宏 审题人：常瑞雪
总分:150 分 考试时间: 120 分钟 全卷共四部分 第Ⅰ卷 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中
选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读 下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How does the woman get to the airport? A. By bus. B. By car. C. By taxi.
2. Where was the woman yesterday? A. In the hospital. B. At the man’s home. C. At her sister’s home.
3. What does John think of Dr. Smith’s speech? A. Interesting. B. Moving. C. Disappointing.
4. When will the woman have her birthday party? A. This Friday. B. This Saturday. C. Next Saturday.
5. What kind of TV program does Jack like? A. Talent Show. B. News. C. Soap opera.
第二节 (共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 22.5 分) 听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题5秒钟；听完后，各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第6段材料，回答6、7题。 6. What will Peter get for her aunt? A. Some food. 7. How did Anna hurt her back? A. She fell down from a bike. B. She fell down in the bathroom. B. some clothes. C. some flowers.
C. She fell down from stairs. 听第 7 段材料，回答 8 至 10 题。 8. How will the woman go to London tomorrow? A. By train. B. By plane. C. By taxi.
9. What will the woman do tonight? A. Have a meeting. B. Visit a friend. C. Go to a party.
10. Where are the two speakers? A. In a restaurant B. At the airport. C. In a hotel.
听第8段材料，回答第11至13题。 11. When will they have the final exam? A. Next Wednesday. B. Next Thursday. C. Next Friday.
12. What did Catherine do last night? A. She had a birthday party. B. She went to a restaurant. C. She saw a movie.
13. Where will they study this afternoon? A. In the city library. home. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. Who caught a bad cold? A. The girl’s sister. mother. 15. What does the girl do today? A. She has a picnic. B. She watches a movie. C. She visits a museum. B. The girl’s father. C. The girl’s B. At John’s home. C. At Catherine’s
16. How long has the girl’s mother been working overtime? A. For two weeks. B. For three weeks. C. For four weeks.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How did David go to San Francisco last Saturday? A. By train. B. By plane. C. By car.
18. What did David plan to do in San Francisco? A. Find a job. B. Visit some places. C. Have a meeting.
19. Where did David find the man who looked like Mr. William?
A. In a restaurant.
B. In a hotel.
C. In a cafe.
20. What did David sell to Mr. Smith? A. Some clothes. B. Some soap. C. Some candles.
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列三篇短文，从每小题后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该选项涂黑。
A If you do not use your arms or your legs for some time, they will become weak. When you start using them again, they slowly become strong again. Everybody knows that. Yet many people do not seem to know that memory works in the same way. When someone says that he has a good memory, he really means that he keeps his memory in practice by using it. When someone else says that his memory is poor, he really means that he does not give it enough chance to become strong. If a friend says that his arms and legs are weak, we know that it is his own fault. But if he tells us that he has a poor memory, many of us think that his parents may be blamed(责备), and few of us know that it is just his own fault. Have you ever found that some people can’t read or write but usually they have better memories? This is because they cannot read or write and they have to remember things, they cannot write them down in a small notebook. They have to remember days, names, songs and stories, so their memory is the whole time being exercised. So if you want to have a good memory, learn from the people: practise remembering things in a way as other people do. 21. Someone can’t have a good memory if ________. A. he can’t read or write B. he doesn’t use his memory often C. his parents haven’t a good memory D. he doesn’t use his arms or legs for some time
22. If you do not use your arms or legs for some time, ______. A. you can’t use them any more B. they will become stronger C. they become weak but they slowly become strong again D. they become weak and won’t become strong until you use them again. 23. Which of the following is TRUE ? A. Your memory doesn’t work in the same way as your arms or legs. B. Your memory, like your arms or legs, becomes weak if you do not give it enough chance for practice. C. Don’t learn how to read and write if you want to have a better memory. D. A good memory comes from less practice. 24. Few people know that it is only ______ if a friend has a poor memory. A. his own fault C. his teachers’ fault B. his parents’ fault D. his grandmother’s fault
25. The writer of this passage wants to tell us ________. A. how to use our arms or legs C. how to have a good memory B. how to read and write D. how to learn from the people
B Mr. Brown worked in a factory of a small town. He had been there for twenty years before one day he was sent to the capital for important business. He was quite excited because he had never been there before. Before he set off, he asked his wife and three daughters if they wanted him to buy something for them in London. Mrs. Brown began to think it over and then she said she wished her husband would be able to buy a nice umbrella for her, and so did their three daughters. As he was afraid he would forget it, he drew an umbrella on his hand. To his regret, he lost it at the station. On the train Mr. Brown sat opposite to an old woman. The woman’s umbrella was so nice that he carefully looked at it and said to himself not to forget to buy a few umbrellas like it. When the train arrived at the station in London, he said good-bye to the old woman, took his bag and her umbrella and was going to get off.
“Wait a minute, sir,” shouted the old woman. “That’s my umbrella!” Now Mr. Brown noticed that he had taken her umbrella. His face turned red at once and said in a hurry, “Oh, I’m very sorry, Madam! I didn’t mean it!” Seven days later Mr. Brown left the capital. To his surprise, he met the old woman and sat opposite to her again. Looking at the four umbrellas, the old woman was satisfied with herself. “It seems that I had a better result than the other four women.” She thought. 26. We can learn from the passage that Mr. Brown was ______. A. a conductor B. a worker C. a thief D. an umbrella maker
27. The underlined word “it” in the first paragraph refers to ______. A. his ticket B. his bag C. his drawing D. his umbrella
28. Why did Mr. Brown take the woman’s umbrella? A. Because he was lost in thought. B. Because it was much like his own umbrella. C. Because he thought the woman would not notice it. D. Because the woman misplaced it beside Mr. Brown. 29. When looking at Mr. Brown with four umbrellas, the woman felt ______. A. surprised B. angry C. fortunate D. sad
30. How did Mr. Brown get the four umbrellas? A. He picked them on the train. B. He brought them from his small town. C. He bought them in London. D. He stole them from four women.
C Being able to multitask-doing several things at the same time is considered a welcome skill by most people. But if we consider the situation of the young people aged from eight to eighteen, we should think again. What we often see nowadays is that young people juggle a larger number of electronic devices (电子产品) as they study. While working, they also surf on the Internet, send
out emails, answer the telephone and listen to music on their iPods. In a sense, they are spending a large amount of time in fruitless efforts as they multitask. Multitasking is even changing the relationship between family members. As young people give so much attention to their own worlds, they seem to have no time to spend with the other people around them. They can no longer greet family members when they enter the house, nor can they eat at the family table. Multitasking also has an effect on young people's performance at university and in the workplace. When asked about their opinions of the effects of modern gadgets (器具) on their performance of tasks, many young people gave a positive response (回 应). However, the response from the worlds of education and business was not quite as positive. Educators feel that multitasking by children has a serious effect on later development of study skills. They believe that many college students now need help to improve their study skills. Similarly, employers (雇主) feel that young people entering the job market need to be taught all over again, as modern gadgets have made it unnecessary for them to learn special skills to do their work. 31. What does the underlined word "juggle" most probably mean? A. want to buy. C. take the place of. B. use at the same time. D. search information from.
32. In Paragraph 3, the author points out that ________. A. family members do not greet each other B. family members do not eat at the family table C. young people get on well with their families D. young people hardly communicate with their family members 33. What's the main idea of the last paragraph? A. Young people must learn skills for future jobs. B. Young people benefit (获益) a lot from modern gadgets. C. Multitasking is an important skill to young people. D. Multitasking influences young people's development seriously. 34. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Young people think multitasking is good for their study and work. B. Employers consider it unnecessary for young people to be taught all over again. C. Educators feel that young people don't need to improve their study skills. D. People from the world of education believe multitasking has a good effect on children's later study skills. 35. The author develops (阐述) the passage mainly by ________. A. providing special examples B. following the natural time order C. giving out a cause and analyzing (分析)its effects D. comparing opinions from different fields
第二节 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选 项。 “Three Apples” changed the world. The first one seduced (引诱) Eve. The second one awakened Newton. 36 Here are some famous words from Steve Jobs to share. On Character I’m the only person. I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year. 37 On Good Design That’s been one of my mottoes—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex—You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there，you can move mountains. On His Outlook 38 Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful，that’s what
matters to me. On Your Working Life Your work is to fill a large part of your life， and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. 39 If you haven’t found it，keep looking. Don’t settle.
On the Importance of Death No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. 40 No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be，because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you，but someday not too long from now，you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.
A．It’s very character?building. B．This is not a one?man show. C．The third one was in the hands of Steve Jobs. D．And yet death is the destination we all share. E．And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. F．Being the richest man in the cemetery (墓地) doesn’t matter to me. G．It’s really hard to design products by focusing on groups.
第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1．5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A, B, C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 One Saturday morning a careless car driver threw a cigarette out of his car ten miles west of the small Canadian town of Stanton. The forest at the 41 of the road was 42 because there had been no rain for many days．43 a few minutes the trees were on fire． A truck driver saw the 44 when he was on his 45 to Stanton．As soon as he reached the town he told the 46 about it．Soon firefighters were 47 westwards．When they reached the fire，they saw it was very big．It could not 48 to the north because of a lake 49 to the south because of a wide river．But a（an）50 wind was carrying the fire 51 Stanton and the firefighters could not 52 it．Then，one of the firefighters 53 a message back to the town 54 radio． The chief fire officer and 55 of people hurried to a place about a mile of the
town．There they used dynamite（炸药）to blow down the trees and to 56 a wide path through the forest．57 the fire reached the path，it began to 58 down because there was 59 left to burn．After several hours they 60 to put out the fire and save the town． 41． A． end 42． A． wet 43． A． During 44． A． cigarette 45． A． way 46． A． man 47． A． hurrying 48． A． develop 49． A． and 50． A． east 51． A． towards 52． A． save 53． A． got 54． A． with 55． A． many 56． A． clear 57． A． However 58． A． put 59． A． anything 60． A． tried B． beginning B． dry B． Before B． fire B． path B． police B． reaching B． spread B． or B． west B． backwards B． help B． sent B． from B． most B． clean B． Though B． go B． something B． succeeded C． side C． thick C． For C． car C． road C． forest C． arriving C． increase C． but C． south C． eastwards C． stop C． took C． on C． hundreds C． build C． When C． die C． everything C． managed D． turn D． dusty D． Within D． forest D． street D． fire D． getting D． return D． even D． north D． downwards D． treat D． carried D． by D． a hundred D． complete D． If D． get D． nothing D． decided
第Ⅱ卷 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第二节(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容(1 个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
Help is one of the easiest things to get from people—but for some，one of the hardest to ask for. Are you able to ask for the help you need 61. American author Cynthia Kersey told of one man 62. (eager)?
asked for help from an
unlikely source， and got it！ Pole vault(撑杆跳选手)and two?time Olympic gold medalist， Bob Richards 63. (work) to break the pole vaulting record 64. (hold)
by Dutch Walhone. No matter how he tried，he was still a foot below his goal. Finally he bravely picked up the phone and called Dutch himself and asked for help. Dutch invited him for a visit,65. spent three days 66. (promise) to help if he could. And he did. He (train) Bob and correcting his mistakes. As 67.
result，Bob’s performance went up by eight inches. Most people will gladly help. But they must be asked. Expert Brain Tracy instructs， “Ask for what 68. want. Ask for help，ask for advice and ideas—but never be
afraid to ask.” Or as the saying goes，“You don’t always get what you ask for, 69. ______ you never get what you don’t ask for.” (easy) to get than you think. Just ask for
Do you need help？It may be 70. it!
第四部分 写作（共两节， 满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
Time fly like an arrow. I’m already in the second half of Senior Grade 3 before I realized it. It is only a little more than three months before I graduate middle school. At the present, I’m busy review my lessons in order to take the College Entrance Examinations. I hope to go to Beijing University，that is one of the best university not only in China but also in the world. I’ll try my best to turn your dream into reality. Most of my classmates are also studying very hardly to realize their dreams. I do believe everyone will be able to enter an university or college. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是英语报纸 English Corner 栏目的编辑李华，现在有一名叫小明的学生向你请 教如何学好英语。下面你就如何学好英语以书信的形式给他提出几条建议。 1. 每天早上大声朗读英语单词、句子及短文。
2. 广泛阅读（包括英语小说、报纸、杂志和网络）。 3. 每天收听英语广播（VOA, BBC）进行听力练习。 4. 写英语日记、多用英语交流等。 注意：1. 内容应包括以上要点，但不要逐字翻译。 2. 可以适当发挥，增加细节，以使文章连贯。 3. 开头和结尾已给出，但不计入总词数。 4. 词数：100 左右。 参考词汇: 广播 broadcast 交流 communicate
Dear Xiao Ming, I’m an editor of English Corner. I’ve received your letter asking me to give you some advice on how to learn English well.
Yours sincerely, Li Hua
高一英语期中答案： 第Ⅰ卷 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 1—5 BACBA 第二部分 6—10CBABC 11—15ABBCA 16—20ABCCB
阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 26-30 BCACC 31-35 BDDAC 36—40CAFED
21-25 BDBAC 第三部分
英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分）
第一节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1．5 分，满分 30 分） 41－45 CBDBA 46－50 BABBB 第Ⅱ卷 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 51－55 ACBDC 56－60 ACCDC
第二节 （共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分）
阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 61.eagerly, 62.who/that, 63.was working, 64.held, 68.you, 69.but, 65.promising, 70.easier.
第四部分 写作（共两节， 满分 35 分） 第一节 Time I 短文改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） fly like an arrow. I’m already in the second half of Senior Grade 3 before flies
realized ∧ it. It is only a little more than three months before I graduate from realize review my lessons in order to take the reviewing
middle school. At the present， I’m busy College Entrance Examinations.
that university I hope to go to Beijing University， is one of the best not which universities only in China but also in the world. I’ll try my best to turn Most of my classmates are also studying very believe everyone will be able to enter 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） your dream into reality. my
hardly to realize their dreams. I do hard
an university or college. a
Dear Xiao Ming, I am an editor of English Corner. I’ve received your letter asking me to give you some advice on how to learn English well. Here are some of my suggestions:
First of all, I suggest you read the English words, sentences and short articles aloud every morning. Meanwhile, you should try to memorize the useful sentences as many as possible and recite some short passages as well. Besides, it is suggested that you read a great variety of books after school. Last but not least, a certain amount of time should be spent on listening exercises. In my opinion, as long as you can make good use of your spare time to learn English, surely, you will make great progress. Just as the saying goes, “Where there is a will, there is a way.” If you hold on to your dream and study hard, I’m sure you will be successful in your English learning some day. All the best!